Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
11,201 - 11,220 of 65,600 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
broken hair

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>If you are looking for a gay lover try San Fransisco. Or if you can manage to get sent to the same prison as Zimmerman he may be looking for a bunky pretty soon.
This is what happens when blacks are allowed to be domesticated.

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-02-17/us/chimp.a...

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Chasing someone through the night and killing him based on nothing more then a profile is against the law.
It's armed kidnapping, even police lack the authority to detain a person without resonable suspicion. In our state a police officer cannot even demand ID from a person unless there is probable cause or reasonoble suspicion that a crime has occured. Sure, they can LIE and make up their reason, but that is criminal offense on it's own...cops have to watch it because cameras are small as a pack of gum now a days, LOL.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG
That would be President William J. Clinton.
If you're gonna post, at least get it right!
Yeah I know with Clinton being our first black president Obama has nothing to hang his hat on at all does he.
But just had to note Obama isn't black either
1 post removed
One Term President

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>It's armed kidnapping, even police lack the authority to detain a person without resonable suspicion. In our state a police officer cannot even demand ID from a person unless there is probable cause or reasonoble suspicion that a crime has occured. Sure, they can LIE and make up their reason, but that is criminal offense on it's own...cops have to watch it because cameras are small as a pack of gum now a days, LOL.
Can you PROVE that someone was DETAINED ?? No, you can't and this was on PRIVATE PROPERTY and all your silly thinking does not apply. Go to Wal-Mart and let them think your a shoplifter and see if they can DETAIN you.
1 post removed

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

One Term President wrote:
<quoted text>So says you, not what the law says. Shooting a coon is a good thing, one less to worry about.
The one thing this case has done is prove how openly racist the Right is.

“ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END”

Since: Mar 12

IT'S BEEN NICE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I know with Clinton being our first black president Obama has nothing to hang his hat on at all does he.
But just had to note Obama isn't black either
"They cannot help themselves.

Every time they hear or see "President Obama" and "birth" in the same sentence, it sends them into an uncontrollable and frantic seizure.

They twist and turn; they hem and haw. They speak with such gibberish that it renders them mute. You'd understand what comes out from between a horse's hind legs much better than the babble they utter.

No matter the topic in this life, you can be rest assured that it WILL eventually come around to President Obama and his birth. Just like clock-work.

The price of tea in China...but, oh yeah, President Obama isn't an American citizen. Peter O'Toole and Carey Grant never winning an Oscar...but, oh yeah, President Obama wasn't born in Hawaii.

Adam and Eve being banished from the Garden of Eden...but, oh yeah, President Obama's birth certificate isn't real. Man reaches the moon...but, oh yeah, President Obama was born overseas.

They will NEVER disappoint me with their predictability and deceit.

Their symptoms should not be confused with Tourette Syndrome (TS).

They have some common symptoms, such as socially inappropriate behaviors, Attention Deficit Disorder-like symptoms, Obsessive-Compulsive-like symptoms, self-injurious behavior, anxiety, depression, impulsivity, hyperactivity, stuttering, stress, stammering, aggression and temper outbursts.

Oh my, many of those symptoms are displayed in this forum everyday, around the clock.

But do NOT be fooled. There are significant differences. TS is an inherited disorder; what they have is acquired. TS affects the nervous system; what they have affects their entire body, mind and soul. TS is found in all populations; what they have is found ONLY among the foolish of the foolish.

The cause of TS is unknown; what they have is caused by hatred, ignorance, vile, bigotry and a host of other evils. There is no known cure for TS; there are MANY cures for what ails them.

They are as bulls in a china shop, just messing up things. But a better analogy would be that they are as snakes bellying in the dark caverns of vile, filth, darkness and evil.

Some would say that what they have is known as OBamabirth Syndrome (better known as O the BS).

They simply cannot help themselves. Every forum on Topix they have brought up President Obama's birth (or most certainly will).

Such simple-minded, idiotic folk they are. Y'all don't bother by responding to me with your vile and mostly bile posts. I WILL ignore. Just rate it as your predisposed, so-called minds surely will and talk it out amongst yourselves and consider it a therapy-starter, idiots!"

Today, Captain Zimmerman (the alleged Murderer) is still in hiding. Stay tuned for more news about the Captain (the alleged Murderer).
george

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting article. However it can be interpreted many different ways. Most interesting was about the previous break-ins. It seems there was an 18 year old Black kid who was casing a townhouse (peeking in the windows) but fled when Zimmerman happened to see him. Later the same kid evidently broke into another townhouse and was seen by roofers working across the street. I would suggest that this one kid may have been responsible for a number of the break-ins. However a number of break-ins were accessed through open second floor windows suggesting the culprits had ladders. Possibly construction workers. It seems that in Zimmermanís mind it was all Black kids.(plural) This shows a predisposition towards profiling. The police tapes have enough evidence to prove Zimmerman profiled Martin and based on that profile alone decided he was a criminal and all is actions after that were based on that unjust belief.
Did you by any chance READ the entire article, or do you by chance have "selective" reading skills, that is you only read the parts you want to beleive and ignore the rest?
You are so much in denial over this it is pitiful.
Everyone they talked to in that nieghborhood has said they also called 911 multiple times over the last year about suspicious behavior, it was becoming a daily event, and all they talked to said it mostly was young black men that they seen, why are you having such a problem accepting this?
I don't care how much you all deny this, Zimmerman had GOOD reason to be suspicious of Martin, all Martin had to do is tell him who he was and what he was doing there, anyone with half an ounce of common sense can figure that one out, instead he attacked Zimmerman,that right there tells me Martin was up to no good that night.
Sad part is, I believe deep down you know this, but are to narrow minded to accept it.

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time they hear or see "President Obama" and "birth" in the same sentence, it sends them into an uncontrollable and frantic seizure.
They twist and turn; they hem and haw. They speak with such gibberish that it renders them mute. You'd understand what comes out from between a horse's hind legs much better than the babble they utter.
No matter the topic in this life, you can be rest assured that it WILL eventually come around to President Obama and his birth. Just like clock-work.
The price of tea in China...but, oh yeah, President Obama isn't an American citizen. Peter O'Toole and Carey Grant never winning an Oscar...but, oh yeah, President Obama wasn't born in Hawaii.
Adam and Eve being banished from the Garden of Eden...but, oh yeah, President Obama's birth certificate isn't real. Man reaches the moon...but, oh yeah, President Obama was born overseas.
They have some common symptoms, such as socially inappropriate behaviors, Attention Deficit Disorder-like symptoms, Obsessive-Compulsive-like symptoms, self-injurious behavior, anxiety, depression, impulsivity, hyperactivity, stuttering, stress, stammering, aggression and temper outbursts.
Oh my, many of those symptoms are displayed in this forum everyday, around the clock.
But do NOT be fooled. There are significant differences. TS is an inherited disorder; what they have is acquired. TS affects the nervous system; what they have affects their entire body, mind and soul. TS is found in all populations; what they have is found ONLY among the foolish of the foolish.
The cause of TS is unknown; what they have is caused by hatred, ignorance, vile, bigotry and a host of other evils. There is no known cure for TS; there are MANY cures for what ails them.
They are as bulls in a china shop, just messing up things. But a better analogy would be that they are as snakes bellying in the dark caverns of vile, filth, darkness and evil.
Some would say that what they have is known as OBamabirth Syndrome (better known as O the BS).
They simply cannot help themselves. Every forum on Topix they have brought up President Obama's birth (or most certainly will).
Such simple-minded, idiotic folk they are. Y'all don't bother by responding to me with your vile and mostly bile posts. I WILL ignore. Just rate it as your predisposed, so-called minds surely will and talk it out amongst yourselves and consider it a therapy-starter, idiots!"
Today, Captain Zimmerman (the alleged Murderer) is still in hiding. Stay tuned for more news about the Captain (the alleged Murderer).
Zimmerman was a self appointed captain. He and his buddy organized the neighborhood watch, were responsible for bringing in the cops to do a watch presentation, nominated each others and were elected to head the watch program that they had initiated setting up when the HOA voted by saying I yi yi.

IT'S BEEN NICE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>The one thing this case has done is prove how openly racist the Right is.
AMEN
SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This Azz Clown is a Laugh a Minute

IT'S BEEN NICE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

george wrote:
<quoted text>Did you by any chance READ the entire article, or do you by chance have "selective" reading skills, that is you only read the parts you want to beleive and ignore the rest?
Everyone they talked to in that nieghborhood has said they also called 911 multiple times over the last year about suspicious behavior, it was becoming a daily event, and all they talked to said it mostly was young black men that they seen, why are you having such a problem accepting this?
I don't care how much you all deny this, Zimmerman had GOOD reason to be suspicious of Martin, all Martin had to do is tell him who he was and what he was doing there, anyone with half an ounce of common sense can figure that one out, instead he attacked Zimmerman,that right there tells me Martin was up to no good that night.
Sad part is, I believe deep down you know this, but are to narrow minded to accept it.

He didn't have to tell the Captain (the alleged Murderer) a damn thing.

You act like you know what happened. You do NOT. You're only taking the alleged murderer's word.

The alleged murderer's word is no good!
SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not pre-suppose you know the politicians I "love and adore." I have to laugh at that one.
I disagree with your reason on why this case happened. That is highly inaccurate. I have no idea what you mean by "bullying tactics."
I have NEVER favored a police state. The Congress and the conservative-tilted Supreme Court share responsibility there. The Rehnquist and Roberts Courts have been terrible in protecting individual liberties against local police as well as federal authority. We will NOT get a court in our lifetime to undo the many wrongs they've put upon the American people.
This situation came about because Sanford Police refused to adequately investigate this case and make an arrest. Hopefully, the Department of Justice's investigation will usher Wolfinger out of office sooner.
If it were up to me, his arrogant ass would be in prison right now. Chief Lee is done. Only the t's being crossed and i's being dotted is left to do. That thing about refusing to accept his resignation has nothing to do with him staying on the job. I actually think it to be a smart move by the mayor.
This concerns his severance agreement. It is better for Chief Lee that he signs it as soon as possible. The mayor (who provided the critical vote) wants to see the outcome of the Department of Justice's investigation. Anything negative about Chief Lee coming out of those results will lessen any monies due him under a future severance agreement.
The amount of money is too little involved to save the city much. This is more a political muscling than anything else.
"Innocent people were maimed or killed because of this incident," you say. Just assign the blame accordingly.
You know? I agree with you people on many points... including that Zimmerman is probably guilty.

But you sure do need to lose that "holier than thou" attitude.... especially zazz.

You're reminding me why I don't like extremist... right AND left!

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

george wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you by any chance READ the entire article, or do you by chance have "selective" reading skills, that is you only read the parts you want to beleive and ignore the rest?
All Zimmerman had to do was tell Martin who he was and what he was doing there. He didn't, not even when Martin demanded to know why he was following him. Instead he maintained a belligerent posture and replied "WTF are you doing here" as he shoved Martin thus provoking a fight.

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

george wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman's good reason for suspecting Martin was,,,---,,, Martin was Black. Thank you your honor, I no longer have any use for this witness.
SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't have to tell the Captain (the alleged Murderer) a damn thing.
You act like you know what happened. You do NOT. You're only taking the alleged murderer's word.
The alleged murderer's word is no good!
This Azz is a Laugh a Minute

IT'S BEEN NICE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman was a self appointed captain. He and his buddy organized the neighborhood watch, were responsible for bringing in the cops to do a watch presentation, nominated each others and were elected to head the watch program that they had initiated setting up when the HOA voted by saying I yi yi.
And the Homeowner Association members certified their "I yi yi" by referring to Zimmerman as "Captain, Zimmerman" in their February 2012 newsletter.

That will be used as evidence in the eventual civil suit that they can all thank their Captain for.

No matter the outcome of this case, there sure will be a lot of people upset with Captain Zimmerman (the alleged murderer).

Is there any place on Earth he can go without looking over his shoulder?

Maybe, just maybe.
SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You know? I agree with you people on many points... including that Zimmerman is probably guilty.
But you sure do need to lose that "holier than thou" attitude.... especially zazz.
You're reminding me why I don't like extremist... right AND left!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Chasing someone through the night and killing him based on nothing more then a profile is against the law.
I never gave much credence to the profiling issue that was brought up. I've always felt the case on it was weak.

But then I guess a simply question is, did Zimmerman pursue Tray because he wore a hoodie? Or because he was black? Combine that with the 911 tapes and it's food for thought.

But I still don't think it's enough for the DOJ to do anything.

And I certainly don't believe he'll be convicted of anything substantial either.
1 post removed
SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Homeowner Association members certified their "I yi yi" by referring to Zimmerman as "Captain, Zimmerman" in their February 2012 newsletter.
That will be used as evidence in the eventual civil suit that they can all thank their Captain for.
No matter the outcome of this case, there sure will be a lot of people upset with Captain Zimmerman (the alleged murderer).
Is there any place on Earth he can go without looking over his shoulder?
Maybe, just maybe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••