Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of65,533
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Duke of Hazard

Lynchburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Every CCW class has at least one such wannabe cop SWAT-team dumbass. How many such Walter Mittys are in every city?
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

OneRyder wrote:
I pray this family is blessed with all the strength needed to deal with the loss of their child in such a hateful and painful manners.
I wonder if the dad tracked down Zimmerman, and shot him dead, could the dad get away with claiming "self defense"?
A similar case happened in Florida recently where a black man shot a white man and claimed self defense under the same law and was immediately arrested and taken away in handcuffs.
Gravediggers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Six wrote:
You know you are truly sick anytime you find comfort in a childs death. A child that was minding his own business. That could have been your child!!!
Let's not push aside the violence in Chicago. IT IS ON-GOING.

A SIX YEAR OLD DIED JUST THIS PAST MONDAY in Chicago, 9 OTHERS KILLED AND dozens wounded.

CHILDREN ARE DYING IN CHICAGO DAILY THROUGH SHOOTINGS.

WHERE IS YOUR OUTRAGE ABOUT THIS?

PRAY FOR THE PEOPLE OF CHICAGO!

PRESIDENT OBAMA CANCELLED A GLOBAL (G8) SUMMIT IN CHICAGO. HE TRIED TO BRING PEOPLE FROM AROUND THE WORLD TO THE CHICAGO AND WITH THEM THE SPENDING OF MORE MONEY, BUT THE VIOLENCE, THE SHOOTINGS CAUSED HIM TO CANCEL IT!

Media is IGNORING the slaughter occurring in CHICAGO!

WHERE IS YOUR OUTRAGE ABOUT A 6 YR OLD BEING SHOT TO DEATH?!?!?!
Sheik Yerbouti

Jamison, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

It's too bad the racist attacks by flash mobs in Philly and other cities did not spark as much outrage! Several people suffered serious injuries and one man was killed while peacefully waiting on a train. Where is the outrage for these victims?
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

This is a totallly outrageous mess.
Perhaps this is not the correct forum for an actual discussion on the matter.

but..

An adult, shot and killed an unarmed teenager for walking on a sidewalk while he was disobeying instructions from a 911 operator, and he has not been charged???
I understand FL has the "stand your ground" law. But an adult shot an unarmed kid. What police officer would get away with that?
He should be charged with some form of murder, and if the "stand your ground" law applies, his lawyer should argue such a thing in court.
But to not charge a person for shooting a minor in the street is really really badly done.

I'm very dissappointed. FL has had many cases in the public eye that have gone bad. I find it amazing that this happened a month ago and is just now finding its way to the national spotlight.
My heart goes out to the boy's parents.Their son was murdered

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Half-White HATER OBAMA wrote:
If I lived in a RAP criminal gang ghetto like half of America is these days, I would carry a rocket launcher!!!
You'll need it. I'm sending a shit-seeking missile your way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Jabber wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayers.....they need guns for self defense against hooded thugs. Thank goodness George Zimmerman had one or he might have been savagely beaten to death.
You certainly fit your monicker. Zimmerman was at least 100 pounds heavier than this boy. How would Trayvon savagely beat this racist tub of lard to death, by brandishing a bag of Skittles and an iced tea?

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

In spite of the rabidly-racist comments by the usual racist right-wingers who post their mental cesspool on here, it has been a pleasant surprise to see the outrage from across the nation and around the world by all people regardless of race or color… even some right-winger with whom I never find common ground with politically were on here yesterday expressing the magnitude of injustice they see in the cold-blooded murder of that child.

What I find very telling is a report about the lack of coverage Travon Martin’s murder has received from fox news… VERY TELLING INDEED!
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You'll need it. I'm sending a shit-seeking missile your way.
When I read that I laughed so hard I fell off the porch.
Well done
See ya in court...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
No comment from the WH...Obama is staying out of this...he needs the black and the Hispanic vote. He doesnt want to offend neither.
So you think you've figured out Obama's secret plan, huh? You insulting Obama is like Charles Manson insulting Mr. Rogers.
Jabber

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You certainly fit your monicker. Zimmerman was at least 100 pounds heavier than this boy. How would Trayvon savagely beat this racist tub of lard to death, by brandishing a bag of Skittles and an iced tea?
There's a photo of the hooded one in a football costume. He probably has OJ retard strength.

“ObamaCare - you CANT keep your”

Since: Mar 09

Plan you CANT keep your doctor

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>So you think you've figured out Obama's secret plan, huh? You insulting Obama is like Charles Manson insulting Mr. Rogers.
There's nothing to figure out. Oblahblah is so predictable. He wont say one word about the shooting because its a hispanic vs an african american...now if it were a white person instead of a hispanic he would say the cops acted stupidly and immediately call the teenager's parents making sure AP photographers were by his side to take those fake staged photos.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Zimmerman didn't follow the procedures of his association nor did he follow the instructions of the police dispatcher. The boy was talking to a family member stating he was being followed by this dude. He was told to run, but he said he'd just walk fast. So he's confronted by this gun-toting, wannabe cop who ends up shooting him and the police think they had no reason to arrest this man? This is where the outrage is coming from.

The young man had family members in the area, he was returning from the store buying skittles and ice tea and chased by someone he thought was dangerous and unforunately he was right.

The only good thing will be if Mr. Zimmerman is tried in federal court where sentences are more stringent.

We live in a very violent society and people are frightened, however, most will not follow someone who's leaving and not placing them or their family in harm's way. This guy was trigger happy and he should pay as he committed a crime and this was in no way self defense. The police departments actions or lack of action is what's making this a national issue.

I'd hazzard a guess that sooner or later he would have shot someone and color wouldn't have mattered, although in this incident, I do believe that's why he followed the boy and targeted him.

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
A similar case happened in Florida recently where a black man shot a white man and claimed self defense under the same law and was immediately arrested and taken away in handcuffs.
Link please?

I've also seen comments about a Marine being shot at a park, in front of his 8 y/o daughter, by a 68 y/o black man. But I cannot find any credible documentation of this.
Jabber

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>So you think you've figured out Obama's secret plan, huh? You insulting Obama is like Charles Manson insulting Mr. Rogers.
Obama certainly spoke up for that Harvard professor that went ape.

“ObamaCare - you CANT keep your”

Since: Mar 09

Plan you CANT keep your doctor

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

bappie wrote:
Zimmerman didn't follow the procedures of his association nor did he follow the instructions of the police dispatcher. The boy was talking to a family member stating he was being followed by this dude. He was told to run, but he said he'd just walk fast. So he's confronted by this gun-toting, wannabe cop who ends up shooting him and the police think they had no reason to arrest this man? This is where the outrage is coming from.
The young man had family members in the area, he was returning from the store buying skittles and ice tea and chased by someone he thought was dangerous and unforunately he was right.
The only good thing will be if Mr. Zimmerman is tried in federal court where sentences are more stringent.
We live in a very violent society and people are frightened, however, most will not follow someone who's leaving and not placing them or their family in harm's way. This guy was trigger happy and he should pay as he committed a crime and this was in no way self defense. The police departments actions or lack of action is what's making this a national issue.
I'd hazzard a guess that sooner or later he would have shot someone and color wouldn't have mattered, although in this incident, I do believe that's why he followed the boy and targeted him.
You werent there, you only know what the lamestream media has been spoonfeeding you. There's TWO sides to every story. If it turns out this guy wrongfully killed the teenager then he will be punished. If it turns out he is found innocent then that means youre just an ignorant gasbag who doesnt know what the hell youre talkin about.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

According to the law you can fire on anyone you perceive to be a threat. I did not know until today, when the Police got to the scene Zimmerman was bloody, and had been pushed to the ground as the young man tried to disarm him. That makes it self defense. The criminal element wants to change the law. They could care less about the victim. Now it is easier to understand about the shooting. I would have shot him too.

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
Link please?
I've also seen comments about a Marine being shot at a park, in front of his 8 y/o daughter, by a 68 y/o black man. But I cannot find any credible documentation of this.
Did the police interview and then turn him loose and tell everybody it was self defense or are you trying to justify the killing of Trayvon by saying some White dude somewhere got kill by a Black man?
Jabber

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Did the police interview and then turn him loose and tell everybody it was self defense or are you trying to justify the killing of Trayvon by saying some White dude somewhere got kill by a Black man?
Given the rampage of Black on White crime.....that's the case.

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the media? How is it not making national news? Granted I'm not watching the news much, but this should have been headlines news.
Can you tell me, was this gang on gang? or is it random shooting's? 40 people shot, a 6 year old killed, a one year old grazed....where is the outrage? I don't get it.
It is not in the news because they were different incidents, committed by different people, over a three day period, in a city of several millions. You just became a victim of Right Wing spin. Presenting actual facts in a way to paint a misleading picture.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of65,533
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••