Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66327 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#29171 Jun 22, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything that will come out in future discovery will incriminate him more and more. That's why O'Mara is fighting so hard to h ave everything sealed.
No need, his supporters are blind to reason. Blind to facts.
you fat old heffer

all you are is a hayburner
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#29172 Jun 22, 2012
Justice wrote:
If Zimmerman straddled Martin and restrained his hands away from his body after he shot him in the heart,(because he felt him hitting him with something in his hands) why when the police arrived were Martin's hands 'under' his body?
Also, why would Zimmerman think Martin only 'heard' the shot when he claims after pulling his firearm, aiming, and shooting, Martin leaned back and said 'you got me'. No wonder the defense didn't want all this out. The more evidence that's released, the bigger the holes in Zimmerman's story get. He needs to plead out now before he falls in one of those holes for life.
Why couldn't his hands be under his body? Further why couldn't Martin say "you got me"after being shot?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#29173 Jun 22, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be sure: Romney has the bigot vote, and everyone who has ever dodged the draft.
But the USA is fortunate that there are fewer and fewer pieces of garbage like yourself and you make up but a tiny faction of the population and most of you are too lazy to vote.
Veterans, about 13 percent of the adult population and consisting mostly of older men, support Mitt Romney over Barack Obama for president by 58 percent to 34 percent, while nonveterans give Obama a four-percentage-point edge, according to Gallup.

Read more on Newsmax.com : Gallup: Romney Takes Huge Lead Among Veterans over Obama
Justice

United States

#29174 Jun 22, 2012
Black 8, how could you miss it? I wasn't referring to an innocent man. I was referring to George Zimmerman.
2 posts removed
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#29177 Jun 22, 2012
According to Jon Gutmacher, criminal defense lawyer and Florida firearms law expert, as of Thursday June 22, there is still no evidence for probable cause to arrest George Zimmerman and he predicts "the case will be dismissed at a proper motion at some time in the future -- and if not -- that decision will be reversed on appeal."
3 posts removed
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#29181 Jun 22, 2012
Black 8 My Angus 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you been doing hyena?
Licking you hyena wounds?
I make my own life.
You can lick you own fruit.
I don't want any.
lol! Sure, son, sure.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#29182 Jun 22, 2012
Justice triumphs again!

Sandusky Guilty!!!!!

It's been a good week for Justice.

First, Mr. Lee is rightfully fired.

Now, Sandusky is found guilty.

Justice 2 Evil 0
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#29183 Jun 22, 2012
Black 8 My Angus 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah laugh it up funny boy!
What does that have to do about anything?
Don't like the polling results eh?
Don't work youself into a frenzy.
The night is young and I hear hyena's out there.
lol! I could care less son.

What's funny is you're an idiot and you really do enjoy that role!

I love this comedy channel.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#29184 Jun 22, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Veterans, about 13 percent of the adult population and consisting mostly of older men, support Mitt Romney
Don't care.

Fewer would support them as they learn he was a draft dodger who hid in France when many of them were serving in Vietnam.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#29185 Jun 22, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
according to Gallup.
PS: Of the leading national polls, 7 have Obama in front and two (Gallop & Rassmussen) have Willard in front.

Putting aside: who gives a sh!t about polls?

Since: May 12

Miami, FL

#29186 Jun 22, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>Why couldn't his hands be under his body? Further why couldn't Martin say "you got me"after being shot?
His hands couldnt have been under his body if GEORGE ZIMMERMAN said that he got on Trayvons back to restrain him. George Zimmerman stated he stretched Trayvons arms out to hold his hands down. This is before the police investigation and report that states Trayvons hands were underneath his body. Inconsistencies in his story is the problem here.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29187 Jun 22, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I didn't know cons considered the KKK "law enforcement" under the US Constitution.
I wonder what country that is?
Say What?????
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#29188 Jun 22, 2012
lol!

Former VP Cheney's daughter marries partner
Email this Story

Jun 22, 6:02 PM (ET)

(AP) In this Sept. 11, 2006, file photo Mary Cheney, right, the openly gay daughter of then Vice...
Full Image

WASHINGTON (AP)- Mary Cheney, daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, has married her longtime partner, Heather Poe.

In a statement, Cheney and his wife, Lynne, said the couple got married in Washington on Friday. The Cheneys said the two had been in a committed relationship for many years and they were delighted that they could take advantage of the "opportunity to have the relationship recognized." The District of Columbia and six states - Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont - have legalized gay marriage.

Mary Cheney and Poe have two children.

In the 2004 election, Republicans backing the ticket of President George W. Bush and Cheney pushed for state ballot initiatives rejecting gay marriage. More recently, President Barack Obama expressed his support for same-sex marriage.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29189 Jun 22, 2012
Yeah wrote:
lol!
Former VP Cheney's daughter marries partner
Email this Story
Jun 22, 6:02 PM (ET)
(AP) In this Sept. 11, 2006, file photo Mary Cheney, right, the openly gay daughter of then Vice...
Full Image
WASHINGTON (AP)- Mary Cheney, daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, has married her longtime partner, Heather Poe.
In a statement, Cheney and his wife, Lynne, said the couple got married in Washington on Friday. The Cheneys said the two had been in a committed relationship for many years and they were delighted that they could take advantage of the "opportunity to have the relationship recognized." The District of Columbia and six states - Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont - have legalized gay marriage.
Mary Cheney and Poe have two children.
In the 2004 election, Republicans backing the ticket of President George W. Bush and Cheney pushed for state ballot initiatives rejecting gay marriage. More recently, President Barack Obama expressed his support for same-sex marriage.
I guess you could say that Cheney has a problem daughter, or a daughter with problems (big time).
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#29190 Jun 22, 2012
Ambrosialtruth wrote:
<quoted text>
His hands couldnt have been under his body if GEORGE ZIMMERMAN said that he got on Trayvons back to restrain him. George Zimmerman stated he stretched Trayvons arms out to hold his hands down. This is before the police investigation and report that states Trayvons hands were underneath his body. Inconsistencies in his story is the problem here.

Inconsistencies are not uncommon when people are trying to recall the exact sequence and details in a life and death situation.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#29191 Jun 22, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't care.
Fewer would support them as they learn he was a draft dodger who hid in France when many of them were serving in Vietnam.
Wasn't Bill Clinton a draft dodger also?
Justice

United States

#29192 Jun 22, 2012
They're not uncommon when you've made up a BS story either.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#29193 Jun 22, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>REALLY? That's funny, I must have been a lucky joker to beat my DUI after blowing a .19% at the station. I suppose next you're going to tell me that a person can't refuse a roadside portable breath test, LOL.
You weren't lucky - you're just plain lying. No matter - when you have the audacity to say something that stupid, you no longer have any credibility.

And no, if you are pulled over and suspected of driving intoxicated, and refuse a breathalyzer, you will be arrested. And your license is automatically suspended in most states for a minimum of 6 months. Your car will also be impounded. Refusal to take a drug test of any kind while arrested or pulled over on suspicion of DWI is interpreted in almost every state as admission of guilt.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#29194 Jun 22, 2012
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you could say that Cheney has a problem daughter, or a daughter with problems (big time).
lol! Even with shooting his "friend" in the face?!?! I'd say Cheney IS the problem.

That covers all the bases nicely.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29195 Jun 22, 2012
[ABC News Nightline Reporting]

The NRA Crisis…George Zimmerman Held Hostage: Day 19

That is exactly where he belongs, and the NRA is runnin’ scared!

How fitting for someone with a history of Felony Assault on Law Enforcement, Domestic Violence (a wife-beater), Drug Abuse, Perjury, Theft, Thuggery, and the Murder of an Innocent Minor.

Zimmerman is now amongst his own element in his new home.

And all because he didn’t follow directions. Shame, shame Georgie-Boy...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min THE DEVIL 1,232,454
News Toddler upstages Barack Obama with temper tantr... 5 min Tazo 1
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 5 min Seymore 2,109
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Coffee Party 328,330
News The right therapy for LGBT youth 8 min INFIDEL 306
News Obama: Iran nuclear deal a will have my name on... 9 min SirPrize 19
News Obama smiles as toddler unleashes White House t... 14 min Your Ex 6
News Cleveland protests erupt after officer found no... 23 min serfs up 15
News Ireland same-sex marriage 39 min Pope Out To Pasture 23
More from around the web