Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments (Page 1,092)

Showing posts 21,821 - 21,840 of65,529
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Don-N-Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Posters have accused Zimmerman of 'convicting and executing' Martin, by many statements those same posters appear to be 'convicting' by pronouncing his alleged guilt and suggesting sentencing on Zimmerman absent any real trial.

Some may think differently, but these things appear pretty much the same to me.
It is funny how you can equate the "convicting" part to parallel to Zimmerman's actions (as improper as it is), but you strain mightily to equate the "executing" part to the actions of Zimmerman.

As a matter of fact, you offer NO such equivalent. Yet you easily say many times in your posts that those who do not agree with Zimmerman execute him as they believe he executed Trayvon.

And again, I prove your obvious LIE...Zimmerman is still ALIVE.

No matter how hard you try, you cannot get around that fact. If Zimmerman was treated as he treated Trayvon, he wouldn't be alive.

The only thing that appears "pretty much the same" is you don't live by your own standards. And one more thing, how does it escape you that it is those who support Zimmerman that are the ones talking about their guns and what they'll do with them if this and if that?

You cannot possibly miss it, they talk about it ad nauseum day in and day out. Those are your executioners.

No one but you are buying your crap!

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>Why do they want the school records of the dead victim? So they can say he may have skipped school a couple of times or failed a test? Grounds for murder? This is sick.
That's exactly why they want the records.

Oh yeah, and they also want to find out if he went to the restroom without a hall pass.

That's also grounds for murder as well.
NoMoBama2012

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
How ridiculous, the judge should order that website taken down. Making money on murdering a child to pay your attorney is absolutely disgusting and abhorrent. What have we become in this country, where everything is staged and calculated?
If O'Mara had any dignity, he'd resign. And, if the NRA is paying him; then what's to stop every other yahoo killer to go on a spree, knowing that the NRA is backing up murderers?
Hey Traybon Wormfood's mother is making money selling T-Shirts . U so funny.:oD

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Understandable, since Treyvon was teh instigator, the pursuer and attacted the victim Zimmerman. For not calling the police or walking the short distance to where his father was shows he prefered to engage than walk away.
You are funny! And a LIAR.

A FUNNY LIAR!

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Law and Order 1 wrote:
America will continue to suffer until the country can reign in its criminal African/Muslim element.

Long term incarceration and self deportation will eventually have to be embraced.

There are about 45 million of these home grown terrorists in the United States right now.

To understand what is going to happen, look to Europe, and to the havoc that Africans and Muslims have brought to bear upon the population.

The long term stability of the world will cause the civilized races of the world to eliminate the savage races along with their barbaric influence on society in general.
We hear you loud and clear, Jenny Chop!

Too bad the Atlantic Ocean cannot stop us from hearing from you!

Then again, we also know that the Atlantic Ocean doesn't separate you from us.

You are as the objects in the rearview mirror.

You are much closer than you appear!
1 post removed

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman's funds must be running out so his attorney can't afford to let his client loose.
Interesting after claiming he would have requested the hearing yesterday.
He could have requested the hearing yesterday but the judge is out through Thursday and could not have considered the request until Friday.

George's credibility is suffering, he lied to the police the evening of the encounter he lied to sheriffs office later about something he'd already been called out on and of course he and his wife lied about the PayPal money and second passport. Also worth mentioning is his goofy friend Frank who is making a fool out George every time he appears on HLN.

The Seminole County jail has a very nice, safe special section for high profile types, maybe George and his attorney are interested in laying low for a while.

Keep in mind that George already had two attorneys bolt, maybe O'Mara doesn't trust him.
Jenny Chop is a Twit

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Don't know where he can turn for protection in prison.
He is not white enough for the Ayrans, and not Latino enough for the mexican gangs, and the blacks want him dead. Blacks however are the most liberal, and most sex craved, so maybe he will have to snuggle up with them.
ahhh.... the perfect storm!! gotta love it!
Law and Order 1

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
We hear you loud and clear, Jenny Chop!
Too bad the Atlantic Ocean cannot stop us from hearing from you!
Then again, we also know that the Atlantic Ocean doesn't separate you from us.
You are as the objects in the rearview mirror.
You are much closer than you appear!
Oh that's a brilliant deduction Einstein! And why would I admit to being who you think I am when you refuse to acknowledge that you are crisco?

You think people are such fools, and you think your lies can justify your warped politics.

Your black supremecist teachings are only effective on the weakest whites, so by actually thinking the heard you do us all a favor.

Thank You.
Jenny Chop is a Twit

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Law and Order 1 wrote:
When the white races of the world unite and govern the dark races accordingly, the world will be a safe and healthy environment once again.
Cases like this one where attempted murderers end up dead will be commonplace when society fights back against the african criminal element.
If you resist him he will flee.
Oh... why don't you just go a surrender to someone?? It's the frog way, isn't it???

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

the westerner wrote:
<quoted text>You're such a dumbass it will be a waste of time, but here goes. We have the word of Zimmerman, we have the proof of Zimmerman's injuries, we have the skinned knuckles of the criminal Martin. We also have the common sense that men with guns don't start fistfights. We have the FACT Zimmerman had called the police, it defies logic and common sense to think he would start a fight after calling the police. Finally, dumbass douchebag, when was the last time you started a fight with someone 6 inches taller than you?
What do you have?
I see you may have missed it. No worry, I shall post again for you.

You really believe that COCKamany B.S. you wrote? You are a pathetic azzhole. See? You're not the only one who can throw an insult.

Listen carefully, numnuts.

Zimmerman's word doesn't mean squat s h * t. He has a vested interest in his own hide and will say whatever he thinks in order to get out of this jam. Also, we all know by now of his lies and deception. At least the judge knows.

Zimmerman's injuries and the marks on Trayvon's body are evidence of Trayvon standing his ground. The only wonder is why Zimmerman's injuries aren't more serious. Trayvon should have beat the living crap out of that mother f**ker!

You say it is "common sense that men with guns don't start fistfights." Then you are showing how truly ignorant you are. While you're at it let us know if men with guns don't chase and stalk teens.

Zimmerman calling the police and lying to them about the actions of Trayvon was nothing more than a rouse.

And then you end your tall tale with a lie in more than one way. First, there are many fights started by people who are shorter than their opponent. You would have us all believe that ONLY taller people start fights? You are a silly idiot.

And second, which goes to YOUR credibility, Trayvon isn't 6 inches taller than Zimmerman. Trayvon is 5' 11". Zimmerman is 5' 8". You don't think you can make a point without continually lying? But, alas, it is what you do best so we shouldn't be disappointed.

In this instance, your lie is twice that which is the truth. Do NOT respond to me again. I'm finished with you, you filthy piece of dried up nasty dog s h * t!
1 post removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

<quoted text>
That's not true, Zimmerman did murder Trayvon. The outrage was that he was not arrested on the spot. So, now he is arrested and there will be a trial. Until then, the killer should remain behind bars for the safety of the community.
You may have the opinion that he had the right to kill, others disagree. It will all come out in the trial and the jury will decide.
Once again we see Zimmerman apparently convicted even before a trial has been convened… Which is exactly part of what I mentioned.

Zimmerman shot Martin,‘killed’ him if you prefer, that fact is not in dispute –

However the charge of “murder”, has not been determined… by a legal court or due process anyway, but it seems many the court of public opinion has all ready tried and convicted him.

Since: Aug 09

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

OneRyder wrote:
I pray this family is blessed with all the strength needed to deal with the loss of their child in such a hateful and painful manners.
I wonder if the dad tracked down Zimmerman, and shot him dead, could the dad get away with claiming "self defense"?
Sure, if Zimmerman jumped the dad and started pounding on his face until dad was covered in lacerations and Zimmerman's knuckles were raw... i would say yes; dad would be within his rights to shoot him in self defense.

My prayers go out to both families.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>He could have requested the hearing yesterday but the judge is out through Thursday and could not have considered the request until Friday.
George's credibility is suffering, he lied to the police the evening of the encounter he lied to sheriffs office later about something he'd already been called out on and of course he and his wife lied about the PayPal money and second passport. Also worth mentioning is his goofy friend Frank who is making a fool out George every time he appears on HLN.
The Seminole County jail has a very nice, safe special section for high profile types, maybe George and his attorney are interested in laying low for a while.
Keep in mind that George already had two attorneys bolt, maybe O'Mara doesn't trust him.
And those first two attorneys actually were pro bono.

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
That's exactly why they want the records.
Oh yeah, and they also want to find out if he went to the restroom without a hall pass.
That's also grounds for murder as well.
if the records are so innocent, let them come out. no doubt the prosecution wants to know EVERYTHING about Zimmerman.

TM was not the sweet innocent boy the media (and the sheeple) think he was.
1 post removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

<REDACTED quote>
ANYTHING CAN happen!
But let's see what has and is happening.
Georgie stalked and killed.
Georgie lied.
Georgie was arrested and charged with second degree murder.
Georgie misled the court.
Georgie eats high off the hog.
Georgie is back in jail for misleading the court and his wife has opened herself up to contempt of court and perjury charges.
Georgie is hesitant to use jailhouse phone.
You do realize what you are doing is called "cherry picking" at best or intentionally misrepresenting your points, don't you?

"CHERRY PICK": intransitive verb
: to select the best or most desirable

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/che...

In my opinion anyone who feels the need to resort to such tactics and doesn't feel the need to offer referenced documentation or supportable links to support their statement – has already lost much of their argument.

And that goes for those who might defend or oppose any particular topic.

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Law and Order 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh that's a brilliant deduction Einstein! And why would I admit to being who you think I am when you refuse to acknowledge that you are crisco?

You think people are such fools, and you think your lies can justify your warped politics.

Your black supremecist teachings are only effective on the weakest whites, so by actually thinking the heard you do us all a favor.

Thank You.
I thought you'd get a tickle. Had no idea it would present such a harsh reaction.

I could care less anything you admit to. I'm not your priest administering confession.

Whoever you think I am or am not is of equal care to me. You've been wrong and errant so many times, what's one more.(not a question)

You and your kind don't sweat one bit the lies, misinformation (better known as lies), deception (better known as lies), omission ( better known as lies) and all the other crap you pass off on here.

You'll be ok, though. Just keep watching those old black and white videos of the klan coming in to save the day.

Oh the memories. Oh the memories.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

You do know the jury will be chosen from N Yers in general, neither black, or white. Zimmerman has one of the best criminal lawyers in N Y. The prosecutor has already shown she isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the package. It won't be much of a match. May the best man win

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Don-N-Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again we see Zimmerman apparently convicted even before a trial has been convened… Which is exactly part of what I mentioned.
Zimmerman shot Martin,‘killed’ him if you prefer, that fact is not in dispute –
However the charge of “murder”, has not been determined… by a legal court or due process anyway, but it seems many the court of public opinion has all ready tried and convicted him.
What part of this whole stand your ground law eludes your dumb azz? If this very same scenario had played out in one of 34 other US states the shooter would have been charged with a serious felony, booked and would be awaiting trial. Chances are pretty good that if this same scenario played out in a different Florida county the result would also have been different.

This shooting occurred at just moments past 7PM on a Sunday evening, George had no reason whatsoever to leave the safety of his vehicle to pursue a stranger who was simply walking along. George was nowhere near his own home, the castle doctrine does not apply.

Too bad for George that Trayvon was a juvenile with every right to be where he was when George first noticed him. Too bad for George that Trayvon was not armed. And it's too bad for George that Trayvon's friend knew that some creepy guy was following Trayvon.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

the westerner wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us 20,000 or so of them or we'll assume you're a lying sack of offal.[we already do]
==========

It's self-evident from the Saturday night brawls. Do you live in a cave, without any resources to the outside world? Of course you do.
1 post removed

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>What part of this whole stand your ground law eludes your dumb azz? If this very same scenario had played out in one of 34 other US states the shooter would have been charged with a serious felony, booked and would be awaiting trial. Chances are pretty good that if this same scenario played out in a different Florida county the result would also have been different.
This shooting occurred at just moments past 7PM on a Sunday evening, George had no reason whatsoever to leave the safety of his vehicle to pursue a stranger who was simply walking along. George was nowhere near his own home, the castle doctrine does not apply.
Too bad for George that Trayvon was a juvenile with every right to be where he was when George first noticed him. Too bad for George that Trayvon was not armed. And it's too bad for George that Trayvon's friend knew that some creepy guy was following Trayvon.
lots of speculation there hombre (or mujer)

George had no reason to leave the safety of his vehicle... BUT HE HAD EVERY RIGHT TO DO SO AND DISCERN WHAT A GANGSTA YOUTH WAS DOING IN HIS NEIGHBORHOOD.

When Trayvon decided to go nutz on Zimmerman's head, Stand your ground absolutely applies. Not sure why you mention castle doctrine as this relates to your home.

Every year THOUSANDS of people use their concealed carry for personal defense and NEVER get hauled into jail. The only reason Zimmerman was hauled into jail was thanks to the lib media, not-so-sharpton, and the original "white on black" basis of the accusations.

Zimmerman also had EVERY RIGHT to confront Trayvon, a "suspicious looking stranger in the neighborhood". Trayvon had choices: flee, talk, continue walking and refuse to talk, or LASTLY fight. Which did he chose?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,821 - 21,840 of65,529
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••