Is GOP trying to sabotage economy to hurt Obama?

May 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

Are Republican lawmakers deliberately stalling the economic recovery to hurt President Barack Obama's re-election chances? Some top Democrats say yes, pointing to GOP stances on the debt limit and other issues that they claim are causing unnecessary economic anxiety and retarding growth.The latest Democratic complaint came after House Speaker John ... (more)

Comments
21 - 40 of 101 Comments Last updated May 28, 2012
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

People In Glass Houses wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you will like this one XX.
Bush vs. Obama: Unemployment (January 2012 Jobs Data ...
reflectionsofarationalrepublican.com/2012/02/... ...
Feb 3, 2012 ... Unemployment Rate, Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics ... the private sector eliminated ~9 jobs for every job it created under Bush).
[ More results from reflectionsofarationalrepublican.com ]
Perhaps that's what DumBama is doing wrong. Maybe he should concentrate on less jobs instead of more. One would think that with more jobs, unemployment would be near his predecessors successful rate of unemployment instead of his failed rate. Hmmm.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

Of course they are. It's the bitch mcconnell plan.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps that's what DumBama is doing wrong. Maybe he should concentrate on less jobs instead of more. One would think that with more jobs, unemployment would be near his predecessors successful rate of unemployment instead of his failed rate. Hmmm.
Did you actually say "Predecessor" and "sucessful" in the same sentence? On the same page even.
I will say again though that Pres Bush liked and tried to help "chirrens"
That Chips thing that wasn't paid for.

Since: Jul 11

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

more republican lies- Factcheck.org will tell the truthn about Romney's job creation as Gov. of Mass.

one of the worst in the country during a good economy,funded planned parenthood,state mandated health insurance, and claims he's a ultra-conservative

Bain ramsacked state and federal union workers pension and stock options before bankrupting their companies-

Romney will say anything to repigs or dems to get elected
UIdiotRacesMAkeW orldPeace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

If any of you have a clue the bipartisanshop-of horrors (Leaders and minions (in collaboration , a criminal Political syndicate , really a party Of "One" based on Greed and Power, Political chicanery it is!

Look into K-street project! And more!
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually say "Predecessor" and "sucessful" in the same sentence? On the same page even.
I will say again though that Pres Bush liked and tried to help "chirrens"
That Chips thing that wasn't paid for.
When DumBama's best unemployment statistics meet Bush's worst unemployment statistic, then try to make the comparison. Most of Bush's years as President was a success economically while all of DumBama's years were failures, and he will continue to fail until his last day in office next year.
1 post removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

swedenforever wrote:
more republican lies- Factcheck.org will tell the truthn about Romney's job creation as Gov. of Mass.
one of the worst in the country during a good economy,funded planned parenthood,state mandated health insurance, and claims he's a ultra-conservative
Bain ramsacked state and federal union workers pension and stock options before bankrupting their companies-
Romney will say anything to repigs or dems to get elected
I know that all is true and I agree, but what did he do with the records and computers? Someone knows where they are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
When DumBama's best unemployment statistics meet Bush's worst unemployment statistic, then try to make the comparison. Most of Bush's years as President was a success economically while all of DumBama's years were failures, and he will continue to fail until his last day in office next year.
WHAT? LMAO.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

UIdiotRacesMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
If any of you have a clue the bipartisanshop-of horrors (Leaders and minions (in collaboration , a criminal Political syndicate , really a party Of "One" based on Greed and Power, Political chicanery it is!
Look into K-street project! And more!
That is nothing compared to the Hypocrites on C Street. Are we still giving them Tax Free Rents there in the "Church", where they train Republican men how to have indiscriminate sex and hide it from their wives?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Ponder this XX.

Here's The One Unemployment Chart Obama Will Use To Win ...
articles.businessinsider.com/2012-01-23/polit... ...

When President Obama makes his pitch to voters next year on why they should elect him to a ... Jon Terbush|January 23, 2012|... What the following chart shows is that Obama inherited a bum economy but that, under his watch, things have begun to turn around. In the past year, the unemployment rate has dropped a full ...
M-BS-NBC: Matthews Claims Unemployment Rate Lower Than ...
newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/01/2... ...

Jan 26, 2012 ... The unemployment rate when Barack Obama took the oath of office on .... The unemployment rate under Bush averaged 5.3% but to liberals ...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

People In Glass Houses wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you will like this one XX.
Bush vs. Obama: Unemployment (January 2012 Jobs Data ...
reflectionsofarationalrepublican.com/2012/02/... ...
Feb 3, 2012 ... Unemployment Rate, Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics ... the private sector eliminated ~9 jobs for every job it created under Bush).
[ More results from reflectionsofarationalrepublican.com ]
You know, I just thought of something: you will never trust my right-wing sources, so perhaps I can give you a left-wing source that will help explain this wonderful job creation by DumBama, yet high unemployment figures. I present to you, none other than Paul Krugman:

America’s recovery from recession has been so slow that it mostly doesn’t seem like a recovery at all, especially on the jobs front. So, in a better world, President Obama would face a challenger offering a serious critique of his job-creation policies, and proposing a serious alternative.

Instead, he’ll almost surely face Mitt Romney.

Mr. Romney claims that Mr. Obama has been a job destroyer, while he was a job-creating businessman. For example, he told Fox News:“This is a president who lost more jobs during his tenure than any president since Hoover. This is two million jobs that he lost as president.” He went on to declare, of his time at the private equity firm Bain Capital,“I’m very happy in my former life; we helped create over 100,000 new jobs.”

But his claims about the Obama record border on dishonesty, and his claims about his own record are well across that border.

Start with the Obama record. It’s true that 1.9 million fewer Americans have jobs now than when Mr. Obama took office. But the president inherited an economy in free fall, and can’t be held responsible for job losses during his first few months, before any of his own policies had time to take effect. So how much of that Obama job loss took place in, say, the first half of 2009?

The answer is: more than all of it. The economy lost 3.1 million jobs between January 2009 and June 2009 and has since gained 1.2 million jobs. That’s not enough, but it’s nothing like Mr. Romney’s portrait of job destruction.

Incidentally, the previous administration’s claims of job growth always started not from Inauguration Day but from August 2003, when Bush-era employment hit its low point. By that standard, Mr. Obama could say that he has created 2.5 million jobs since February 2010.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/06/opinion/bai...

So lets see. Nearly 2 million less jobs are available now than when DumBama took office. Of course, Krugman considered jobs gained from the 3.1 million lost. But by his own admission, there are less jobs today than when DumBama became President. Hmmm.
Obama Sucks

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Four tons of marijuana found floating in the ocean off the coast of Dana Point California. Everyone is baffled on how a large boat could invade our country this far up the coast without being detected. This just now happend. You can see it on (Borderland beat Mexico) click to it. After reading it I scrolled down and looked to the right and saw in red "Popular Posts" I clicked on the first post to see the video.....BEWARE!!!!!OH MY GAWD... and Obama does not even address this. It's spreading into the United States, especially in California. Obama will not let the News show or tell about whats happening in California with the drug war thats spreading from Mexico. It was so graphic I puked. Bangers are killing and murdering all over Los Angeles California and these are the same people that are doing all the killing in mexico.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I just thought of something: you will never trust my right-wing sources, so perhaps I can give you a left-wing source that will help explain this wonderful job creation by DumBama, yet high unemployment figures. I present to you, none other than Paul Krugman:
America’s recovery from recession has been so slow that it mostly doesn’t seem like a recovery at all, especially on the jobs front. So, in a better world, President Obama would face a challenger offering a serious critique of his job-creation policies, and proposing a serious alternative.
Instead, he’ll almost surely face Mitt Romney.
Mr. Romney claims that Mr. Obama has been a job destroyer, while he was a job-creating businessman. For example, he told Fox News:“This is a president who lost more jobs during his tenure than any president since Hoover. This is two million jobs that he lost as president.” He went on to declare, of his time at the private equity firm Bain Capital,“I’m very happy in my former life; we helped create over 100,000 new jobs.”
But his claims about the Obama record border on dishonesty, and his claims about his own record are well across that border.
Start with the Obama record. It’s true that 1.9 million fewer Americans have jobs now than when Mr. Obama took office. But the president inherited an economy in free fall, and can’t be held responsible for job losses during his first few months, before any of his own policies had time to take effect. So how much of that Obama job loss took place in, say, the first half of 2009?
The answer is: more than all of it. The economy lost 3.1 million jobs between January 2009 and June 2009 and has since gained 1.2 million jobs. That’s not enough, but it’s nothing like Mr. Romney’s portrait of job destruction.
Incidentally, the previous administration’s claims of job growth always started not from Inauguration Day but from August 2003, when Bush-era employment hit its low point. By that standard, Mr. Obama could say that he has created 2.5 million jobs since February 2010.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/06/opinion/bai...
So lets see. Nearly 2 million less jobs are available now than when DumBama took office. Of course, Krugman considered jobs gained from the 3.1 million lost. But by his own admission, there are less jobs today than when DumBama became President. Hmmm.
Did you also hear Krugman say that the way to stop this Depression is to add more Stimulus money into the Economy? Tried and True.
Did you also hear him say that 'If not for Bush Tax Cuts on Wealthy', the deficit would be nearly gone, or did you conveniently miss thos parts?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Obama Sucks wrote:
Four tons of marijuana found floating in the ocean off the coast of Dana Point California. Everyone is baffled on how a large boat could invade our country this far up the coast without being detected. This just now happend. You can see it on (Borderland beat Mexico) click to it. After reading it I scrolled down and looked to the right and saw in red "Popular Posts" I clicked on the first post to see the video.....BEWARE!!!!!OH MY GAWD... and Obama does not even address this. It's spreading into the United States, especially in California. Obama will not let the News show or tell about whats happening in California with the drug war thats spreading from Mexico. It was so graphic I puked. Bangers are killing and murdering all over Los Angeles California and these are the same people that are doing all the killing in mexico.
Ever hear of Drug subs?
1 post removed
rider

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Washington Times Headline June 29, 1989 | NowPublic Photo ...
Mar 2, 2005 ... Washington Times Headline June 29, 1989 by salsa. Original file can be found at
http://www.iapprovethismessiah.com/spence.htm... ...

http://www.nowpublic.com/washington_times_hea... - 42k -

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

rider wrote:
Washington Times Headline June 29, 1989 | NowPublic Photo ...
Mar 2, 2005 ... Washington Times Headline June 29, 1989 by salsa. Original file can be found at
http://www.iapprovethismessiah.com/spence.htm... ...
http://www.nowpublic.com/washington_times_hea... - 42k -
OMG! I didn't know about that one. But I do remember the Repub congressman who ordered a "Rent A Boy" to "Carry his bags",(Probably his TeaBags) ;-) on a trip out of Country I believe.
1 post removed
rider

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

The San Jose Mercury of California published a serious of upsetting articles exposing that the US government was connected to the drug trafficking in the US ( Aug. 1996 ). A reporter for this newspaper named Gary Webb was the one to expose this scandal. He exposed the CIA had been funding the Contras so that they could declare war against the Nicaraguan Regime. When the amendment was passed, they allowed the Contras to begin shipping drugs into the US to various gangs such as the Bloods and the Cryps on the street to raise money for their war. These drugs were highly addictive crack.
Webb’s articles hit the streets, and certain people got very angry, including Ms. Maxine Waters, a US Congresswoman from South-Central LA , whose district was afflicted with extremely high drug rates associated with crack. When she read the article, she wrote a letter to the CIA asking them to look into the matter more carefully, and expressing her apparent disappointment in the possibility that the very government that she was working for could be partially to blame for the violence and lack of peace that was being experienced in her district due the crack being released on the streets to various gangs.
Another individual named Harold James, a former narcotics cop was also very upset. At the time, he was head of the Legislative Black Cause of Pennsylvania. He decided to investigate the matter, and found that similar to The Franklin Coverup, George Bush’s name was coming into question once again. What a coincidence.
George Bush was a top player in intelligence, and his top lieutenant was Oliver North, who had been a known assistant to drug traffickers in the US. In addition, good ole’ Bush was put in charge of he National Narcotics Border Interdiction System by good ole’ Reagan -- wasn’t this supposed to stop drugs from being trafficked into the US? Hmm.. Isn’t that curious
http://www.ccrg.info/franklin-cover-up.htm
1 post removed
rider

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

BBC: Bush's Grandfather Planned Fascist Coup In America
Jul 24, 2007... of a front group called the American Liberty League, which included ... The
proven record of Prescott Bush's involvement in financing the Nazi ...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2007... - 37k -
rider

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

American Liberty League // Current TV
May 17, 2008 ... Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "The American Liberty League was a ... along
with many industrialists, notably Prescott Bush and members of ...

http://current.com/news-and-politics/88960584... - 103k -
2 posts removed
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you also hear Krugman say that the way to stop this Depression is to add more Stimulus money into the Economy? Tried and True.
Did you also hear him say that 'If not for Bush Tax Cuts on Wealthy', the deficit would be nearly gone, or did you conveniently miss thos parts?
Yes I have, and I have also heard him say all kinds of things I disagree with. But I do not worship at his alter; liberals do. So I figure if I use him to point out facts, you would be much less likely to question them than if I gave you the same figures from (let's say) the Wall Street Journal or Fox.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,082,885
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min wojar 175,037
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Taletha 245,436
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Progressive 45,861
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 6 min Reverend Alan 52,808
Cruz demands answers on FAA flight ban to Israel 7 min Go Blue Forever 100
Paul Ryan's Plan: Rebooting Compassionate Conse... 10 min Churchlady 44
•••
•••