Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Windermere, FL

#746182 Sep 19, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell Romney’s depressed. Last night he just sat on his couch and bought the Häagen-Dazs corporation ~ Jimmy Fallon
That's actually pretty funny.

Did you hear about the 90 minute debate - the "Rumble" - between Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly at Georgetown University on October 6?

You can watch over the Internet for $4.95. I'm making my reservation early - just in case.

Here's a preview - Stewart on O'Reilly last night:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.h...
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#746183 Sep 19, 2012
Thank you so much for all you have
done for us Obama.Please do not be
here after Jan.Allied Van lines are
good..

No shame,no pride in being American,We need him like a Bull needs
Tits...
carol

Windermere, FL

#746184 Sep 19, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Or go to war with Iran
You know that's probably going to happen anyway no matter who wins, right?

If Israel drops a bomb, we're involved - like it or not.

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#746185 Sep 19, 2012
Who would you rather have a beer with that is the Question of the day...

Rams...or BAms...

I think that would be an easy vote...

Hahahaha

Relax, have one...

Samuel Adams
Black berry

That will take some funding...
They are not cheap...

Can beggars be choosers or not?
Seems when it comes to voting just about anyone has that right, I should take my Right as a made American and vote too...
fred

Milford, CT

#746186 Sep 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't President Snow dye his hair, have a lot of plastic surgery, and only have human feelings for his grandchildren? Can't imagine who that sounds like...
The commie Kenyan wages class warfare daily and ruthlessly attacks white people

BLOG COMMENT OF THE DAY:“So I feel that I’ve been President for all Americans – the stupid Cambridge Police, the members of my security detail who wouldn’t think twice about shooting a black guy, doctors who perform unnecessary amputations out of greed; bankers and pitchfork-wielding mobs; Hispanics and their enemies, who I encouraged them to attack; the people who were entitled to money when GM went bankrupt, and the people who got money when GM went bankrupt; filmmakers critical of Islam who give me lots of money, and filmmakers critical of Islam who are invited to come downtown for routine questioning.” Much more at the link.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#746187 Sep 19, 2012
I'll give you rightwingers credit, you all can spin anything.

It must be fun to just make sh!t up all day long.
fred

Milford, CT

#746188 Sep 19, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe nothing more than a hidden card...an extra...a Joker maybe...
So what about it, I have heard now talk about it, and how old is it?
What?

ANNALS OF THE .0001%: Obama speaks next to “a custom-designed tower of $800-per-bottle champagne that dominates the main room at Jay-Z’s 40/40 nightclub.”
TSM

El Paso, TX

#746189 Sep 19, 2012
Why would anyone be surprise: President doesn't remember how much national debt is!! This is the same President that said he sometimes forgets the Magnitude of the recession!! Obama gets another Pinocchio another Lie told Obamacare Tax to Hit 6 Million mostly the Middle Class!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#746190 Sep 19, 2012
Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin currently favor Obama, the phone polls suggest that people in these states can see the economy improving.

Virginia appears to be leaning toward Obama and it looks like Obama could squeak by to a Florida victory.

If the election were today neither Romney or Ryan would carry their home state.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#746191 Sep 19, 2012
Tinka wrote:
Who would you rather have a beer with that is the Question of the day...
Rams...or BAms...
I think that would be an easy vote...
Hahahaha
Relax, have one...
Samuel Adams
Black berry
That will take some funding...
They are not cheap...
Can beggars be choosers or not?
Seems when it comes to voting just about anyone has that right, I should take my Right as a made American and vote too...
Romney. I want to ask him about his 2009 tax returns, I want to know if I paid more percentage-wise than he did.
fred

Milford, CT

#746192 Sep 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't President Snow dye his hair, have a lot of plastic surgery, and only have human feelings for his grandchildren? Can't imagine who that sounds like...
Kenyan commie mandates...ooops taxes go up

Tax penalty to hit nearly 6 million uninsured people
The Daily Briefing

Congressional budget analysts are now estimating that nearly 6 million Americans - most of them in the middle class - will have to pay a tax penalty for not getting health insurance once President Barack Obama's health care law is fully in place.

That's 2 million more than a previous estimate found, or a 50 percent increase. The average penalty will be nearly $1,200.
carol

Windermere, FL

#746193 Sep 19, 2012
Obama's "hope" in % then and now:

Florida:
2008 - 50.9%
2012 - 41%

Virginia:
2008 - 52.7%
2012 - 40%

Nationwide, Obama leads Romney by 1%. Then, of course, there's the margin of error.
LiveFreeOrDie

Seattle, WA

#746194 Sep 19, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
if tea baggers were around in prehistoric times they'd still be debunking the wheel.
And if liberals were around at the same time by themselves, there would be no wheel to begin with. no incentives to invent, equals no innovation.
fred

Milford, CT

#746195 Sep 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Romney. I want to ask him about his 2009 tax returns, I want to know if I paid more percentage-wise than he did.
Romney's tax returns? Yawn. So what? Who cares?

President doesn't remember how much national debt is...

'I ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN REDISTRIBUTION'...

ROMNEY:'We believe in free people and free enterprise, not redistribution'...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#746196 Sep 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin currently favor Obama, the phone polls suggest that people in these states can see the economy improving.
Virginia appears to be leaning toward Obama and it looks like Obama could squeak by to a Florida victory.
If the election were today neither Romney or Ryan would carry their home state.
What is Romney's home state? Michigan? Massachusetts? Utah? Mexico? Cayman Islands?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#746197 Sep 19, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
Thank you so much for all you have
done for us Obama.Please do not be
here after Jan.Allied Van lines are
good..
No shame,no pride in being American,We need him like a Bull needs
Tits...
I just hope the Soetoros don't do like the Clintons did and steal everything that wasn't nailed down when they move out.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#746198 Sep 19, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The people that bought million dollar houses in 2004 and early 2005 during the housing bubble were foolish,especially the ones that couldn't afford them. These were the people who actually caused the economic upheaval when they refused to pay their mortgage payments. Economist had warned about housing in 2004 and in 1994.
She bought her house in 1973.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#746199 Sep 19, 2012
carol wrote:
Obama's "hope" in % then and now:
Florida:
2008 - 50.9%
2012 - 41%
Virginia:
2008 - 52.7%
2012 - 40%
Nationwide, Obama leads Romney by 1%. Then, of course, there's the margin of error.
And polling during the day when the couches are full and Oprah is on, and everyone with a job is at work.

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#746200 Sep 19, 2012
Religious kiss ass that will take care only of the middle is what he said...
To whom, little ole granny heading to sunday sermant to deliver her tiding...and to little boy peep, don't make one pay up and get in line boy....
To the rest he will address them to what a help will he offer?
What middle was he talking about, the ones that feel they don't have to really place themselves, to be of status to them The Mormon, status is big business...'
And the rebubs prior to that spent that nearly daily...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#746201 Sep 19, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Romney has paid more federal income tax than Obama.
By quite a large margin, but, but, but, Romney hasn't paid his 'fair share'? Just axe the Demorats??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Cruz on gay ... 6 min Belle Sexton 4
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min replaytime 160,858
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Limbertwig 179,139
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Perry calls ... 20 min Lawrence Wolf 2
News Jindal says he'd attend same-sex wedding 22 min Lawrence Wolf 1
News Evolving awareness is cause for same-sex-marria... 28 min Lawrence Wolf 13
News 'Deep-Seated Cultural Codes, Religious Beliefs ... 30 min Lawrence Wolf 45
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... 37 min Synque 149
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Valerie 324,392
News Biden: 'Guys a you have to step up' to fight vi... 1 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 99
News Can Jeb Bush win the GOP nomination by praising... 4 hr barefoot2626 94
More from around the web