Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#720607 Aug 25, 2012
Doubting Thomas

Scholars call Jefferson a skeptic as David Barton finds a new publisher for his controversial book

The Jefferson Lies commends Daniel Dreisbach, an American University professor, calling him one of the few Jefferson scholars who employs a "sound historical approach," so I asked Dreisbach whether he agreed with Barton. Dreisbach replied that he has a "very hard time" accepting the notion that Jefferson was ever an orthodox Christian, or that Jefferson ever embraced Christianity's "transcendent claims.".....

Who is right—Barton, or Throckmorton and Coulter? Louisiana State University professor James Stoner, one of Glenn Beck's "Beck University" lecturers, says Throckmorton and Coulter's book seems "entirely in line" with what he knows about Jefferson's faith. Stoner describes Jefferson as a "rationalist skeptic."

Professor Kevin Gutzman, who has appeared both on WallBuilders radio and the Glenn Beck program, argues that "Jefferson was not a Christian, if the word 'Christian' has any meaning," because he rejected the Bible's "supernatural content." Gutzman thinks Jefferson's skepticism certainly predated 1813.

http://www.worldmag.com/articles/19882
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#720608 Aug 25, 2012
"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

I wonder if that one made it's way into Barton's book?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#720609 Aug 25, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."
I wonder if that one made it's way into Barton's book?
if there is a God....then He is punishing America for its sins by burdening us with a despot like Obama as our leader....
fred

Milford, CT

#720610 Aug 25, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
"Holding out hope Romney had a vision for the middle class? Think again."
"Embracing unfounded conspiracy theories, distracting from real issues. America doesn't need a Birther-in-Chief,"
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Biden: "You know, I never realized just how much power Dick Cheney had until my first day on the job. I walked into my office, and you know how the outgoing president always leaves the incoming president a note in his desk? I opened my drawer and Dick Cheney had left me Barack Obama’s birth certificate."
A definite 'mark'.
The Kenyan Impostor is not a natural born American citizen and is illegally occupying the White House.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Cold Case Posse has produced overwhelming evidence that the Kenyan's birth certificate is a forgery. Moreover, there is a flaw in every public document involving the Kenyan.

The Kenyan and Democrats have committed the greatest crime in history by putting a Manchurian Candidate planted to destroy America in power.
2 posts removed
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#720613 Aug 25, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kenyan Impostor is not a natural born American citizen and is illegally occupying the White House.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Cold Case Posse has produced overwhelming evidence that the Kenyan's birth certificate is a forgery. Moreover, there is a flaw in every public document involving the Kenyan.
The Kenyan and Democrats have committed the greatest crime in history by putting a Manchurian Candidate planted to destroy America in power.
Joe Arpaio is an insane criminal who should be in Federal prison somewhere. His Gestapo tactics can only be compared to Hitler's SS or the Soviet Secret Police.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#720614 Aug 25, 2012
Yesterday was the 20th anniversity of Hurricane Andrew. Hurricane Andrew was a destructive tropical cyclone that was, at the time, the costliest hurricane in United States history.

High winds caused catastrophic damage in Florida, especially in Miami-Dade County, where approximately 117,000 houses were either severely damaged or destroyed.

After Andrew Florida replaced their Haitian style building codes.
Bill

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#720615 Aug 25, 2012
youIdiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Akin is not part of the ticket, although you loons are trying to make it out that way, you idiot.
People like you are so childish and boring.
People like Dan are worse than that. They are the ones who put Obama in and if we are not careful they will do it again.
Sly Fox

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#720616 Aug 25, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"It was reported"??? Passive voice is the choice of cowards everywhere. Who reported it? Faux Noise? Limbaughtomy? One of the hydra-headed troll brigade here? Not buying your BS, Silly Weasel.
Surprise, surprise. We don't buy the bullshityou anti Americans spread either.

Since: May 11

New Bloomfield, PA

#720617 Aug 25, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Allocation of $1.2 Billion Tax Money
2/4/12
obama tax money$1.2 Billion given to black farmers.
This is kind of an old story but it kind of slipped under the radar and I am bringing the issue back to life.
Dept. of Agriculture
Through the Department of Agriculture, President Obama's administration authorized the use of $1.2 Billion of our tax money to go to black farmers as payback for years (decades) of discrimination.(Fox News, Nov 2010)
Affirmative Action
Read more at http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/...
Dear American "Lady" ( Do ladies tell lies?).

Obama did NOT authorize it.

CONGRESS DID

House had done it twice & in 2010 the Senate vote UNANIMOUSLY to do it.

So really.

Is lying all you right wingers have????

Is the "Reagan coalition " just a pack of liars??? Ronald Reagan would not like his name being used to tell blatant lies.

Hello Hello Are there any honest right wingers posting here???

New Bloomfield, PA

#720618 Aug 25, 2012
Gunner wrote:
According to IRS data from before the recession, when we had the most rich people with the most income, there were about 321,000 households with income greater than $1 million, and they had aggregate taxable income of about $1 trillion.
That's a lot of money, but it wouldn't balance the budget even if the government confiscated every penny—and if it did, how much income do you suppose would be available in year two?
Second, higher tax rates don't raise as much revenue as expected. Upper-income individuals are far more likely to rely on interest, dividends and capital gains—and it is much easier to control the timing, level and composition of capital income, so as to avoid exposing it to the tax man.
This doesn't mean that those on the left won't push for class-warfare tax increases—they will. But their main motive will be politics, not raising revenue.
My federal taxes won't balance the budget either so do I still have to pay them?

Why wasn't it class warfare for the Bush Tax cuts to so heavily favor the wealthy??

Two questions Gunner.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#720619 Aug 25, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Arpaio is an insane criminal who should be in Federal prison somewhere. His Gestapo tactics can only be compared to Hitler's SS or the Soviet Secret Police.
the society you want, where all opponents of the regime are sent to concentration camps, is part of the Obama plan...just be patient....
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#720620 Aug 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear American "Lady" ( Do ladies tell lies?).
Obama did NOT authorize it.
CONGRESS DID
House had done it twice & in 2010 the Senate vote UNANIMOUSLY to do it.
So really.
Is lying all you right wingers have????
Is the "Reagan coalition " just a pack of liars??? Ronald Reagan would not like his name being used to tell blatant lies.
Hello Hello Are there any honest right wingers posting here???
many of the recipients were never farmers, never a victim of discrimination in farm programs, and committed fraud by accepting the money.....

Congress were fools to approve this scam....
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#720621 Aug 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My federal taxes won't balance the budget either so do I still have to pay them?
Why wasn't it class warfare for the Bush Tax cuts to so heavily favor the wealthy??
Two questions Gunner.
the way to balance the budget is to grow the economy instead of taxing it to death.....

New Bloomfield, PA

#720622 Aug 25, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are dumb, er, stoopid. No surprize. If those you are talking about caucus with the democrats, vote in lock step with the democrats they are democrats.
Why are you such a phoney? Your nature? Your lack of intelligence?
Peace
KMA
There were 49 Democrats.

You can dance, bawl, stomp your feet, scream, pout, & cry all you want.

There were 49 Democrats in he Senate in 2007 & 2008.

This is a fact. I wouldn't doubt someone else's level of intelligent when you are too stupid to know this.

49 Democrats in the Senate,49 Republicans, two independents US Senate 2007 & 2008.

New Bloomfield, PA

#720623 Aug 25, 2012
killtaker wrote:
A vote for Pres Obama:
"CBO: deep recession and 9 percent unemployment on the way"
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2012/08/cbo-...
Blaming Obama because Republicans block resoluton of the upcoming tax crisis.

Typical right winger here.

Yep.

Before Republicans can vote on there issues they have to get the OK from Grover Norquist first. If it gets this blessing they vote OK, if not, they vote no.

Who s Grover? A lobbyist.

Republicans are more interested in keeping rover happy the they are the good of this country.

"Mr Norquist, can we vote to end oil subsidies?"

New Bloomfield, PA

#720624 Aug 25, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
dividend-paying stocks like T and VZ are widely held by the general public.....the only place currently where the middle class can earn a decent return.....
Owned in their retirement plans
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#720625 Aug 25, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence that WND gave him.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#720626 Aug 25, 2012
BIRTHERPALOOZA!

Birthers Plan Their Own Convention In Arizona

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/201...

So how many will show up? If past birther events are any indication.....200?
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#720627 Aug 25, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is stupid: "conservatives" demand a vaginal probe of USA women BY LAW?
Is that your "small government"?
Violating women and coming between a woman and her doctor?
HYPOCRITE!!
We all know the right winger in town who sends her little Susie to Switzerland for abortions!
HYPOCRITES!

YOU care about life?

Millions homeless in the USA! <---- That is a lot of life!

8 million in Texas alone without medical insurance!!
..........Wow! Lot of life right there!

A million kids waiting to be adopted!! Lot of life!

RIGHT WINGER DUMBFFFCKS COULD CARE LESS!
Agree!

Show me ONE instance where Republicans passed legislation to help a citizen?

Democrats passed the affordable care act!

To address all these MILLIONS OF CITIZENS without adequate healthcare.

Republican = Greedy slowdown dumbfffck rightwingers?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#720628 Aug 25, 2012
It's just a joke..... Well, sure, but who's the joke for? Since the summer of 2008, false rumors have circulated online, alleging that Obama's pregnant teenage mother flew to Kenya—or something like that—and gave birth to a kid who wasn't eligible for the presidency. Starting that year, activists started filing lawsuits, full of false information, aiming to get Obama kicked off of presidential ballots. In 2009, somewhat surprisingly, the conspiracy theory became even more popular—more lawsuits, members of Congress proposing legislation to require birth certificates from candidates, endless rumors at sites like WorldNetDaily that encouraged people to support soldiers who refused to serve under Obama. Even through this year, Donald Trump has continued pushing the theory and Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio has convened a "cold case posse" that produced evidence—all bogus—that the birth certificate is forged. Romney's been endorsed by both those guys.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/08/24/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White House intruder got far past front door 2 min Deo Vindice 4
Can Sarah Palin save Pat Roberts in tight Kansa... 3 min GOTP 31
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Cheech the Conser... 265,389
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Ari son of Anarchy 155,271
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 12 min obama crime syndi... 11,113
Ukraine Says Russia Has Invaded 13 min Stars and Stripes 381
Secret Service director faces grilling over sec... 16 min Lawrence Wolf 6
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 57 min Righteous 647
Rand Paul: President Obama 'acts like he's a king' 2 hr Cat74 93
Al Sharpton: Obama's Racial Pyromaniac 4 hr Righteous 86

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE