Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Richmond, VA

#718728 Aug 22, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
I finally figured it out...grampy and fred are lovers. Damn, how did that get past me. they got "married" 38 years ago and moved into their dream house 37 years ago...it's so obvious when you think about it...that might explain fred's retarded daughter, anal birth is tough on a fetus
Damn Fetch you just might be right...Oh my God it's all way to clear now, I wonder which ass she came out of? The image of those two warthog humping each other is a real dinner spoiler though. My, My.
frank

Oakland, CA

#718729 Aug 22, 2012
Stoneman wrote:
Watch carefully, kids.
The price of gasoline is going up, up, up.
Lord Obama will release oil from the "strategic oil reserve", the fuel that was set aside in the event of a serious national emergency, in an effort to drive down the price TEMPORARILY immediately before the election.
The rest of the economy sucks and is showing little sign of improving thanks to our incompetent president.
What is a political hack like Barry to do?
Use our own fuel to give voters the impression that things are better than they are.
Watch.
Yeah right Guns, Gays and God will surely cure our economic problems, eh moron! So the GOPers want to run the Country again? Letís put it in perspective, the republicans pushed hard, to the extreme, to go to war in Iraq claiming it would cost $80 Billion and would be over within weeks Ė a slam dunk! The cost is now close to $4 Trillion (counting the enormous cost of attending to the veterans) and not only lasted 8 years but it pushed the country into an economic crisis. So here are the GOPers, relentlessly pounding Obama for spending $4 Trillions to save the Nationís $16 Trillion economy, yet the republicans spend the same amount on a disastrous war in order to protect about $350 billion worth of oil imports Ė how does one explain this away?
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#718730 Aug 22, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking from experience I see. Your old lady would probably push your fat ass in front of a semi, if that were possible. Are the grandkids still not allowed in your presence? And is that ankle bracelet still in place?
More Projection. Grampy Daycare for the grandkids is doing fine, open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays (summer hours).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#718731 Aug 22, 2012
Rick Santorum: Here Are the Reasons That Romney Might Lose

ďIf the campaign is about issues, we win,Ē he tells me.ďIf itís about Mitt Romneyís record as a businessman, then we donít win. If itís about Mitt Romneyís tax returns, then we donít win. If itís about whether people like Mitt Romney more than Barack Obama, then we donít win.Ē

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey Ghost

Richmond, VA

#718732 Aug 22, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right Guns, Gays and God will surely cure our economic problems, eh moron! So the GOPers want to run the Country again? Letís put it in perspective, the republicans pushed hard, to the extreme, to go to war in Iraq claiming it would cost $80 Billion and would be over within weeks Ė a slam dunk! The cost is now close to $4 Trillion (counting the enormous cost of attending to the veterans) and not only lasted 8 years but it pushed the country into an economic crisis. So here are the GOPers, relentlessly pounding Obama for spending $4 Trillions to save the Nationís $16 Trillion economy, yet the republicans spend the same amount on a disastrous war in order to protect about $350 billion worth of oil imports Ė how does one explain this away?
Good post Frank.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#718733 Aug 22, 2012
Mitt with his mitts on the nukes?

No way!

Never gonna happen.

Mitt already has Uranus picked out for his "I am a God" phase.

"God told me scorch the earth and start over with only true believers"

Mormons in charge?

Eeeeeeeeeewwwwww!!!! Yuck!!!!

The anti Christ will wear magic white underpants!!

Mormons have nothing to do with Jesus?

Why do they dare use his name?

I guess latter day saints of Satan wouldn't bring in 50 wives age 11 for the 60 year old bishops?

No Mitt Mitt high priest bishop stake president dipppshtttt!!!

We know Obama!! He helps ALL THE PEOPLE!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#718734 Aug 22, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
douche bag ghost's posts are 100% homer-orotic longing.
Get back in the closet douche bag.
I'm sending a sampling of Ghost's Topix posts to the Obama Death Panel. After seeing the dismal quality of his life they'll surely (not surly)move him up to the top of the list.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Obama Is An Idiot

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#718735 Aug 22, 2012
Gallup: President Romney still ahead!

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154559/US-Presiden...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#718736 Aug 22, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm starting to see the connection between fred, nobama and Grampy as to why they are big Penn State supporters. All Pedophiles..Yep it's all very clear now...Just watch the Redskins and Colts game Saturday, I'll be sure and give you all a signal. LMAO. ENVIOUS bitches.
In Projection Baseball that's known as a triple projection.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
1 post removed

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#718738 Aug 22, 2012
While there are apparently some political reporters who think Mitt Romney's tax returns -- or rather, the absence of his tax returns -- are generating a little too much attention, I tend to think that's backwards.

Romney has released his returns for one year. One. His aides said they'll get around to releasing the 2011 materials eventually, maybe in October. In the meantime, there are important unanswered questions about Romney's offshore finances, controversial investments, an individual retirement account that somehow ended up with more than $100 million, and claims about his business that contradict SEC filings. Worse, Romney hasn't even tried to come up with a good defense that explains his need for secrecy.

Given all of this, common sense suggests red flags should be going up. As noted, the public has certainly taken notice.....

http://prospect.org/article/tax-returns-are-h...

The Tax Returns are Hurting Romney, Badly

The ongoing fight over his tax returns has done even more damage to the former Massachusetts governor. Here's the question [from the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll]:

"Has what you have seen, read, or heard about Mitt Romney's tax returns and the percent he has paid in federal income taxes made you feel ... more positive or more negative about him, not made much difference in your opinion or do you not know enough about this to have an opinion at this time?"

Thirty-six percent say that it has made a negative difference,.... Romney's anger over the Obama campaign's decision to go after his tax returns makes more sense in this light; the controversy is doing real damage to his campaign, and more important, it has the potential to do more.

When more than a third of the electorate is souring on Romney over this, it's a real issue, not a peripheral distraction.

The Republican candidate is willing to take the hit -- he apparently assumes the damage would be even worse if he chose more disclosure and transparency -- hoping the media loses interest.

Steve Benen

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CloggedDEMfilter

Lakewood, NJ

#718739 Aug 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
ďIf the campaign is about issues, we win,Ē he tells me.ďIf itís about Mitt Romneyís record as a businessman, then we donít win. If itís about Mitt Romneyís tax returns, then we donít win. If itís about whether people like Mitt Romney more than Barack Obama, then we donít win.Ē
If it's about Obama's incompetence and failure as a president for the last 4 years, then the GOP DOES win. LOL
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#718740 Aug 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
he's mostly right with one exception...if it's about issues, then they don't win

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#718741 Aug 22, 2012
A group of retired special operations and CIA officers who claim President Barack Obama revealed secret missions and turned the killing of Osama bin Laden into a campaign centerpiece are coming under criticism from some of their own.

Some special operations officers say the activist veterans are breaking a sacred military creed: respect for the commander in chief.

"This is an unprofessional, shameful action on the part of the operators that appear in the video, period," U.S. Army Special Forces Maj. Fernando Lujan wrote on his Facebook page, to a chorus of approval from colleagues.

A Green Beret who returned last year from Afghanistan, Lujan says that attaching the title of special operator with any political campaign is "in violation of everything we've been taught, and the opposite of what we should be doing, which is being quiet professionals."

http://news.yahoo.com/special-operators-anti-...

"I don't take these folks too seriously," President Barack Obama told the newspaper The Virginian-Pilot on Monday. "One of their members is a birther who denies I was born here, despite evidence to the contrary."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#718742 Aug 22, 2012
Obama Is An Idiot wrote:
Gallup: President Romney still ahead!
http://www.gallup.com/poll/154559/US-Presiden...
you just keep thinking that...

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2012/ecalculator#...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Milford, CT

#718743 Aug 22, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sending a sampling of Ghost's Topix posts to the Obama Death Panel. After seeing the dismal quality of his life they'll surely (not surly)move him up to the top of the list.
fred takes great pleasure knowing that ghost will die first. Hopefully he will not linger long.

God, who has a good sense of humor, will flash ghost's douche bag life but put the image of fred giving him the finger as the last image he sees before his brain flickers out.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Obama Is An Idiot

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#718744 Aug 22, 2012
When is failed moron "Obama" (or whatever his real name is) going to release his college records?
Frank

Spokane, WA

#718745 Aug 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox Military Analyst Jack Keane Says Anti-Obama Special Ops Ads "Crossed A Line"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/08/22/fox-...
"Disappointed" by political ad from ex-military members.
As a rule military member of Special Ops do not talk about operations,neither should their leaders. The military is not meant to be political.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#718746 Aug 22, 2012
The integrity of noble way to prove and show real pictures and DNA is ultimately and more important and vital to the treatment of answering the matter regarding raiding the notorious terrorist bin Laden.

To put aside by naming the probability of angering and disturbing the Muslims would be lacking weight of image and proper quality of presidency by releasing pictures.

Obama's embarking to name it as a brave decision in raiding had circled as the indicative confusion of impression of risk and fear in advance, whereby is regarded as no noble but own frightening risk.

In bearing the effect of own predetermined presupposition risk, transpires in clarity of lacking competence by referring false bravery as apparent task in raid.

In continuance of presenting dignity meeting due qualifications and noble deed, issuing aftermath pictures and data of bin Laden can only transform the essentials to the public world.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

What is said above is viewed as follows:

Ask you this question--Should the president be required to release information , data and true facts to you (e.g.,unemployment rate, US casualties, and not just about bin Laden matter), or to other people or Muslims?

For you people if were the president, and if you already show fear of bin Laden like Obama by being hesitant but finally take the move, that shows you are treating as a risk and untrue illogical, fake bravery known to yourself only to raid bin Laden.

Now what you are saying is that after you shot bin Laden dead, you have fear of Muslims uprising, which demonstrates weakness, lacking strength and toughness, like Obama.

Are the pictures of dead Laden to be released for democratic people as it is a public business, or for Muslims?

Since you regard that as a big risk to take to raid , the risk you think would include the raid as well as presenting pictures if you were to start the thinking of the raid in the first place.

If you have gone that far to be going through with the raid, you should complete it by presenting pictures and DNA to the public world regardless who Muslims are.

You live in a democracy and how your name and image will turn out to be, vest on the judgment and assessment from freedom people, but not the Islams.

You have to demonstrate your integrity in a noble way with real truth and not come by with falsehood.

People want to know there is nothing false about what Obama says concerning bin Laden and 9-11 than the puzzling about Muslims.

That is the only freedom way as a democracy.
Unlike Obama, you would not do that way about Laden if you were a president.
You can be only a dignified president if you do completion.

Many people can do the job of president than Obama.

In other words, if anyone of you is the president, you know very well that you will think thoroughly the complete package before and after the raid to deal with public to give all true answers,including especially the pictures of dead or alive body of bin Laden when you start the task of raid--that is called a completion.
You have gone that far after the raid,and in order to continue to complete it, you ought to give pictures and more data to proceed what you started.
If you don't complete in a competition or examination or job, you can get zero grade or fired.

Integrity with no scheme of falsehood,is ultimately prevailing in such a job of being the president.
Naming Muslims whether to give pictures is a side track, diversion and trivial.
One needs judgment from democratic people's judgment
By referring to Muslims is of no freedom, democratic and noble way by serving out-of-bound people as Muslims.

And most of all, tell you won't do as Obama did concerning Laden--that is, when you stated it to know to provide everything to the public, you would give pictures (dead or alive) and more in aftermath, regardless the Muslims.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#718747 Aug 22, 2012
It's true!!

The highest level of Mormonism is men become Gods on Uranus (or some other planet)

Talk about a God complex!!

I can't make this up.

Research this Mitt turd and his fake Jesus cult "church".

Mormon church act of charity:

A BRAND NEW $5 BILLION DOLLAR MALL!!!

OWNED AND BUILT BY THE MORMON CHURCH IN SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH.

A SHOPPING MALL WITH GUCCI AND TIFFANY FOR JESUS?

Hey Mormons!! People are starving all over this planet right now.

I thought people give to churches for acts of charity?

Ann Romney recently said her charitable giving should be added to her low tax rate?

But she gave all her charity to Mormonism?

And they built and own this mall? And $100 BILLION IN FOR PROFIT BUSINESSES?

WTF! IRS GET ON THIS!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#718748 Aug 22, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
I see than on many things we do agree inparticular in regards to the banking industry.
A budget must roughly in ballance be it the government or an individual
If a household finds that its current bills and accumulated debt is larger than its income
a scond job is often taken.
This has been far more intresting than a previous encounter
It has been a pleasure we shall engage again
I must account for my accounting
Shop humor
A 2nd job can help if its possible to get one, but in the case of the individual/household, they do not have the luxury of making others pay the bills.
In most cases the household makes cuts in their spending.
A good lesson for the federal and state governments to follow.

"Stuff's gettin better"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Agents of Corruption 324,613
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques in Orleans 187,352
News Sanders announcement 'within days?' 6 min Lawrence Wolf 15
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 7 min Redefined 461
News Conservative Media Rallies to Scott Walker Afte... 13 min Cat74 4
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Ari son of Anarchy 179,290
News 'Deep-Seated Cultural Codes, Religious Beliefs ... 21 min SirPrize 69
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 25 min Agents of Corruption 160,983
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 39 min the truth is the ... 1,016
News Biden: 'Guys a you have to step up' to fight vi... 2 hr californio 106
More from around the web