Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#718577 Aug 22, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain married and got a hot body. Kerry married and got hot flashes.
Kerry married his first wife for her money as well...as did his father....living off rich women is the family business.....
1 post removed

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#718579 Aug 22, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You forgot two. Seniority and time on the job. Whether you or I like it or not women get paid less most of the time because of children.
We need to outlaw children.
"Stuff's gettin better"

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#718580 Aug 22, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
As President, I don't make the rules, I just break the rules.
Hope & Change was 2008.
2012 is "Stuff's gettin better"
But for showing enough respect as to address me as Mr President, I am sending you $3000 worth of birth control.
(Disclaimer)
The views and opinions of this President do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of this President.
"Stuff's gettin better"
I am pleased to see you humor is in fine form
the birth control is will be quite handy thank you
We are preparing for a victory celebration of sorts
Stuff's gettin better
i like it it will make a lovely bumpersticker
1 post removed
mr owl II

Oklahoma City, OK

#718582 Aug 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it.
Everyone wants to pay no taxes & dummies like you wonder why there is so much debt.
I don't want shrimps on treadmills and you don't want Bushes wars Dave.

How do you come to a workable solution for these two issues that eat up revenues Dave?

Everyone can't get what they want anymore dave.

You sound like its up to the "other" guy to give up the wars, and ole davey will keep his shrimp on a treadmill...

You are selfish Dave...man does it show...
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#718583 Aug 22, 2012
boot the failure BO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, douchebagging fleabagger, I'm pro choice and there is no chance of Roe V. Wade being overturned, not by Romney, not by Ryan. Now, back to BO's failed economy.
exactly why abortion is a red herring designed to divert attention from the rotten Obama economy....

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#718584 Aug 22, 2012
unauthorized_user wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
Heres a better update.
THESE are FACTS. not just quick graphs that could have been used on other things in the past that dont explain anything likethats@34 you posted.
So are these..........

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davecjohnson/608...

Frank

Spokane, WA

#718585 Aug 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
From Jan 1995 to Jan of 2007. Where have you been?
The recession started 4th quarter of 2007.
From 2006 until 2010 Democrats held the majority in both Houses.Barney Frank was the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee from 2007–2011. He has been the U.S. Representative for Massachusetts 4th congressional district since January 1981. The Republican took control of both Houses during the Clinton years and did a very successful job of making Clinton look good. Prior to that election,they hadn't held the majority in both houses for over forty years. They have not had majority of both Houses since,and even with the great results of the 2010 election they still don't.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#718586 Aug 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Did he help or not? Did he save the Olympics for free? Has he given millions to charity? What unsavory thing has he ever done?
Yeppers is just a NObama knight probably set up by NObama as a "truther", he wont ever answer these questions you ask cause he can't counter them.
1 post removed
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#718588 Aug 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Wow Wow.
You are so uninformed on planned parenthood.
Planned Parent hood offers a wide range of women health services from cancer screenings to contraception.
Republican legislatures have passed this requirement in several states backing by the RNC.
You are really not that bright. I'm starting to feel bad about kicking your ass here every day by taking advantage of a mentally challenged person.
why would any woman go the Planned Parenthood for cancer screening instead of going to a real medical facility???...

might as well visit a chiropractor.....
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#718589 Aug 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, once a women has sex, it is your belief that government can demand it be done anytime when ever they think?
You are a Republican.
You got a reading impairment? "Women seeking abortions" is different than "once a women has sex".

I'm a registered Independent.

Don't most abortions require some form of vaginal intrusion?

Planned parenthood says:

ASPIRATION ABORTION — THE MOST COMMON KIND OF IN-CLINIC ABORTION

During an aspiration abortion:

Your health care provider will examine your uterus.
You will get medicine for pain. You may be offered sedation — a medicine that allows you to be awake but deeply relaxed.
A speculum will be inserted into your vagina.
Your health care provider may inject a numbing medication into or near your cervix.
The opening of your cervix may be stretched with dilators — a series of increasingly thick rods. Or you may have absorbent dilators inserted a day or a few hours before the procedure. They will absorb fluid and get bigger. This slowly stretches open your cervix. Medication may also be used with or without the dilators to help open your cervix.
You will be given antibiotics to prevent infection.
A tube is inserted through the cervix into the uterus.
Either a hand-held suction device or a suction machine gently empties your uterus.
Sometimes, an instrument called a curette is used to remove any remaining tissue that lines the uterus. It may also be used to check that the uterus is empty. When a curette is used, people often call the abortion a D&C — dilation and curettage.
An aspiration procedure takes about 5 to 10 minutes. But more time may be needed to prepare your cervix. Time is also needed for talking with your provider about the procedure, a physical exam, reading and signing forms, and a recovery period of about one hour.

D&E — DILATION AND EVACUATION
During a D&E

Your health care provider will examine you and check your uterus.
You will get medication for pain. You may be offered sedation or IV medication to make you more comfortable.
A speculum will be inserted into your vagina.
Your cervix will be prepared for the procedure. You may be given medication or have absorbent dilators inserted a day or a few hours before the procedure. They will absorb fluid and grow bigger. This slowly stretches open your cervix.
You will be given antibiotics to prevent infection.
In later second-trimester procedures, you may also need a shot through your abdomen to make sure there is fetal demise before the procedure begins.
Your health care provider will inject a numbing medication into or near your cervix.
Medical instruments and a suction machine gently empty your uterus.
A D&E usually takes between 10 and 20 minutes. But more time is needed to prepare your cervix. Time is also needed for talking with your provider about the procedure, a physical exam, reading and signing forms, and a recovery period of about one hour.

Sounds like a lot of vaginal probing going on during an abortion. So explain to us what's with their (feigned) indignation with one more probe?
1 post removed

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#718591 Aug 22, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol,,Why, you having a popularity contest or something? Funny you find this an important issue when it comes to being able to defend Romneys policies. Very telling. Maybe that's because he really doesn't have any yet. He's keeping them a secret too.
The Facts
Every year, the president releases his tax returns, so there is little mystery about the extent of his contributions to charity.
In 2010, for instance, the president’s taxable income was a little over $1.7 million, much of it from book sales. Line 19 of his itemized deductions shows that he gave $245,075 in gifts to charity.
That would be a rate of more than 14 percent.
In 2009, the president’s taxable income was about $5.5 million. He listed $329,100 in charitable contributions on his tax return and also directed the Nobel Prize Committee to give his $1.4 million prize directly to 10 charities (which meant he could not take a tax deduction for donating the prize).
This adds up to a rate of 31.4 percent of taxable income, again easily surpassing Huckabee’s standard.(Update: a reader correctly notes the percentage would be 25.1 percent if you added Obama’s Nobel Prize money to his taxable income.)
So, what’s going on here? A Huckabee spokesman did not respond to a query, but the best we can determine is that Huckabee is referring to Obama’s long-ago tax returns.
When then-presidential candidate Obama released his tax returns during the 2008 campaign, it was revealed that he began making significant gifts to charity after he started making serious money from his books — and after he decided to run for president.
http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page/president-bar...
President Obama reported earning about $790,000 last year and paid $162,000 in total taxes. He and the first lady donated $172,000 to charity, or about 22 percent of their adjusted gross income, according to their tax returns. The majority of the first family’s donations went to the Fisher House Foundation which provides scholarships to veterans’ children.
Whos name did he file under this time?
1 post removed
Grey Ghost

Richmond, VA

#718593 Aug 22, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain married and got a hot body. Kerry married and got hot flashes.
Meanwhile your wife got a lazy under achiever that has a two inch beanie weenie with nowhere near enough brain power to even use that. You best stick to your doll collection.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#718594 Aug 22, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
No reason to tell them.
The American people are going to elect them soon.
"Stuff's gettin better"
You're talking in circles now. Take a nap.
1 post removed
fred

Milford, CT

#718596 Aug 22, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred couldn't score in a room filled with two dollar prostitutes.
ghost apparently knows where to find $2 prostitutes.

fred is not surprised.

ps

Drop dead douche bag!
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#718597 Aug 22, 2012
Obama intimidates Gallup Poll for revealing the truth about the election:

DOJ sues Gallup polling firm

August 22, 2012 | 12:28 pm

Justice Department officials joined a whistle blower lawsuit and alleged that The Gallup Organization, a major polling firm, intentionally overestimated the amount of time it would take to complete a job for the government and was paid accordingly.

“Contractors who do business with the federal government must honor their obligations to provide honest services and products,” said U.S. Attorney Ronald C. Machen Jr. in a statement on the lawsuit.“Working with relators and federal investigators, we will do all that we can to act against those who illegitimately bill the American taxpayers.”

Gallup, known as one of the premier polling firms with respect to presidential politics, had contracts to conduct surveys for the U.S. Mint and the State Department in addition to other government agencies.

“According to the whistleblower’s complaint, Gallup violated the False Claims Act by giving the government inflated estimates of the number of hours that it would take to perform its services, even though it had separate and lower internal estimates of the number of hours that would be required,” the Justice Department explained.“The complaint further alleges that the government paid Gallup based on the inflated estimates, rather than Gallup’s lower internal estimates.”

The latest Gallup daily tracking figures show Mitt Romney leading President Obama 47-45.
Grey Ghost

Richmond, VA

#718598 Aug 22, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly why abortion is a red herring designed to divert attention from the rotten Obama economy....
You really are very stupid. YOUR party is always the ones ever election that brings up abortions...Then when you are in power never mention or attempt to do anything about it. What a herd of lying phonies all you baggers are. If Obama had one ounce of help we would be a lot better off, but stuck with the total mess you idiots left and strapped with the very worst Congress of all times it's amazing that he is able to get as much done as he has. You un-American coward.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#718599 Aug 22, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Kerry married his first wife for her money as well...as did his father....living off rich women is the family business.....
Kerry, a Catholic, waited until a year after marrying Teresa to get his first marriage annulled. Maybe needed her money to buy it.
just Sayin

Woodbridge, VA

#718600 Aug 22, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Great news, Gus! John Deere has just announced a huge Labor Day Sale.(I know, you hate that word labor). Get your sorry assdown to your nearest dealer. Maybe they will sell you one of their big tractors, using their special financing program which assists slugs like you. You can use the rig to pull your head out of its current location in a really dark stinky place.
EEEW..BILL!! LOL
2 posts removed
Grey Ghost

Richmond, VA

#718603 Aug 22, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
ghost apparently knows where to find $2 prostitutes.
fred is not surprised.
ps
Drop dead douche bag!
You can only wish you had Ghost's life, I always have beautiful women around me. But since I have seen pictures of short fat freddie, I can understand your over abundance of issues.
Nobama

Mertztown, PA

#718604 Aug 22, 2012
<quoted text>
OK, but as a pro choice republican, i wish they would get the hell out of these divisive social issues, we shouldn't need them to defeat the economic failure BO.
agree....the platform is just to satisfy the Bible-thumpers...everybody with a brain knows that abortion is in the hands of the Supreme Court...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White House releases snapshot of plan to rate U... 6 min PU it stinks 2
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Dogen 132,523
Bill de Blasio does the unthinkable: he keeps h... 7 min Mayor Who 3
After being impeached in 1998, Clinton said he ... 8 min Le Jimbo 31
Obama: Keystone benefits for U.S. consumers, wo... 8 min kuda 14
Obama Says Sony - Made a Mistake' Pulling Film 10 min Pork Puller 3
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 11 min Le Jimbo 17
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 20 min scirocco 93
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 23 min scirocco 293,668
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 45 min Huh 1,425