Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#664268 Jun 18, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Still confused and delusional. Good. Nope, not dead. It's called a job, as in working. You should try it sometime. It would give you something to do with all the time you spend lying on topix. You're as delusional about that as you are about Romney. It's amusing watching you fool yourself on so many levels. You'd make a good gossip columnist. You excel at telling lies and spreading false information. Like a good wingnut. Like Romney. Twirl on it ya old biddy. Lol. Change your name again tough guy.
'The more things change, the more they stay the same'. Barack Hussein Obama, never had a job, now... never needs a job, and the American taxpayer picks up the bill... As it does for all freeloaders. "Such a deal I gots for you".
1 post removed
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#664270 Jun 18, 2012
X Obama supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
So I haven't read The Audacity of Hope but I'm wondering if he made up the people that are in that book like he did most of those he talks about in his biography?
He made up people according to what point he was trying to make. I posted about Obama's Straw Man technique yesterday:

'The Myth of Obama

More unsettling information, thanks to a new biography by David Maraniss, a Washington Post writer and editor:

Earlier excerpts of “Barack Obama, The Story,” made headlines, with one showing Obama as a total pothead and another revealing that a key scene in one of Obama’s own books involved a composite character.

That was just the start. An early review of the full book suggests it will shatter much of what we thought we knew about him. It seems Obama’s memoir,“Dreams From My Father,” is chock full of characters he created to fit his narrative. Not once or twice, but virtually every time he wanted to explain breakthroughs in his celebrated search for identity.

“Throughout ‘Dreams,’ the moments that Obama has invented are precisely the occasions of his epiphanies — precisely those periodic aha! moments that carry the book,” Andrew Ferguson writes in his Weekly Standard review.“Obama wasn’t just inventing himself; he was inventing himself inventing himself.”
Without the fabrication,“not much is left,” Ferguson says. Obama’s memoir thus turns out to be a hologram of his life instead of the real thing.

Not incidentally, character invention is a trick Obama still uses. The straw men opponents he sets up in virtually every speech are the political equivalent of the technique he used in “Dreams.”

In both cases, we end up with fictional stand-ins for Obama and others. You have to wonder if he even knows the difference anymore between truth and fiction.

Still, his trick has worked political magic because, Ferguson writes, Obama “did in effect what so many of us have done with him. He created a fable about an Obama far bigger and more consequential than the unremarkable man at its center. He joins us, haters and idolaters ... looking this way and that, desperately trying to see what isn’t there.”

The book confirms again that the mainstream media failed miserably to vet Obama four years ago. But here we are, and now what?

In a speech last week, Obama was in straw-man/fiction mode in trying to shift the focus from his record. Voters have a choice, he declared, between “two fundamentally different views of which direction America should take.”

Leaving aside the snide reviews — a rehash, too long, too lecturing — the speech fell short in a basic way. In outlining this “choice,” Obama neglected the first question voters face.

Who is Barack Obama?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/invents_ow ...
Florida

Lithia, FL

#664271 Jun 18, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Tip toe through the tax rates:
Any idiot can face a crisis you dumbass - it's the day to day living that wears you out as old Ruthie...
-
It's the culture
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#664272 Jun 18, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Tip toe through the tax rates:
Mitt Romney says 50 times a day on TV: Job number one, cut taxes, again.
Let's look at how Mitt Romney's taxes are the lowest in a generation:
1986 Capital Gains tax rate: 33%
Mitt Romney Income: around $23,000,000 (2010)
1986 Left over after tax:$15,410,000 or $1,284,000 per month.
----------
1990 Capital Gains tax rate: 28%
1990 Left over after tax:$16,560,000 or $1,380,000 per month. Mitt got an extra million!
----------
2002 Capital Gains tax rate: 20%
2002 Left over after tax:$18,400,000 or $1,533,000 per month. Mitt got an extra $3 million!(from 1986 rate)
----------
2003-2012 Capital Gains tax rate: 15%
2003-2012 Left over after tax:$19,550,000 or $1,629,000 per month. Mitt got an extra $4 million!(from 1986 rate)
So now Mitt enjoys paying $4,000,000 less EACH YEAR than what a multi millionaire would have paid in 1986. That was 26 years ago, So the Mitt's of the USA avoided over $100,000,000 each!!! in taxes to the country.
We are thankful that you are vetting Obama. So much information is out there about him and it is real and very public. Thanks again.

To think that Romney's wealth was achieved legally through our tax system. Charlie Rangel and the many tax cheats in the Obama White House should take note.

I was going to vote for someone who didn't achieve wealth honestly. I wanted him to be black too so that I couldn't be accused of being racist, but now that Rodney King is dead I don't know whose name to write in on the ballot.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#664273 Jun 18, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
Tip toe through the tax rates:
Mitt Romney
A Few Facts You Should Know About Mitt Romney old Rurhie:
-
Personal Information:
1. His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney
2. He was Born: March 12, 1947, in the USA, and is 65 years old. Same year as Realtime
3. His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan
4. He was Raised in: Bloomfield Hills , Michigan
5. He is Married to: Ann Romney since 1969; they have five children
6. Education: B.A. from Brigham Young University , J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University
7. Religion: Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
-
Working Background:
1. After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.
2. After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.
3. In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the United States .
4. In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.
5. He was President and C.E.O. of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
6. In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.
-
Some Interesting Fact about Romney:
1. Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts , turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.
2. Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.
3. He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign, 1 year.
4. He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's office for eight years.
5. He was an unpaid bishop and stake president of his church for ten years.
6. He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.
7. He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.
8. He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.
9. Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men.
-
Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:
1. He will show us his birth certificate
2. He will show us his high school and college transcripts.
3. He will show us his social security card.
4. He will show us his law degree.
5. He will show us his draft notice.
6. He will show us his medical records.
7. He will show us his income tax records.
8. He will show us he has nothing to hide.
-
Mitt Romney's background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and will be an excellent President of the United States.

Can a Sellout 'Amateur Obama' match that?
-
It's the culture...
Jean

Rhinecliff, NY

#664274 Jun 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The War on Old Folks
"While the Republican War on Women has gained national attention, there has been less outrage over the Republican War on Older Americans. But the battles are everywhere. State after state is going after pension funds. Here in Michigan, for example, one of the first things Republican Gov. Rick Snyder did was to impose new and higher taxes on retirement income and public pensions. Making matters worse, our state’s long recession forced many people in their 50s to take early retirement as employers downsized. When you retire early, your benefits are lower than if you wait until you’re 65. So now, a larger percentage of smaller retirement eggs will be subject to income tax. Why? To make up for cuts in the state’s business taxes."
http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/13351/the...
Great essay! So true. If at first failed republican policies don't succeed in taking us into economic armaggedon....ignorant , memoryless fools are willing to let them try, try again.
Jean

Rhinecliff, NY

#664275 Jun 18, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>'The more things change, the more they stay the same'. Barack Hussein Obama, never had a job, now... never needs a job, and the American taxpayer picks up the bill... As it does for all freeloaders. "Such a deal I gots for you".
You're an ignorant liar. That's all you righties have.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664276 Jun 18, 2012
Nobama wrote:
are you Obamabots celebrating the victory of the Muslim Brotherhood in the Egyptian Arab Spring....
a major step forward for democracy....
back to the burkhas for Egyptian women...
Now going beyond the LAME and shallow-

Tunisia: a newly enacted law requires equal numbers of men and women to be listed as candidates in national const assembly elections.
-Weak, agreed. Big deal, more showing on the tickets.
-Female candidates did win one quarter of the seats in the Constituent Assembly however. Posative.

Libya: Legislation guaranteeing women at least 40 seats of the 200 Constituent Assembly .
-Women occupy TWO seats.
HMMMMMMMM. So much for that. Negative.(imagine that).

Egypt:Quotas for female reps mandated under Mubarek are abolished-only Nine (9) of the 498 newely elected legistlators, are woemn.
HMMMMMM. Negative number two.

Yemen: A female shares in the recving of the 2011 Nobel prize. One half step forward, HMMM two negs plus 1.5 postive--still on the minus side of the balance line weigh in.
A doc on cabinet positions introduced, includes NO pronouncements on inclusion for women. Mnis a half point, back down to negative two.

Bahran: A female poet, accused of being critical of the "king" was convicted of crimes against the state. She alleges that she was tortured and is banned from travel, when she is released from jail anyway.
Negative 3.

Why nice, light weight, brightly colored, cool apparel must be certainly be appreciated.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#664277 Jun 18, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the REpublican party say that. No government healthcare. No Medicare. No Medicaid. No SSI.
Republicans...the whole party is ONE BIG LIE.
And I need nothing from rightwing losers like you.
Gee Whiz Jean, hypocritical much? You need nothing, but... healthcare, Medicare, Medicaid, SSI? and who the heck will pay for all this largess?? Oh that's right, THE TAXPAYER... Keep it up we have more..
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664278 Jun 18, 2012
X Obama supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
So I haven't read The Audacity of Hope but I'm wondering if he made up the people that are in that book like he did most of those he talks about in his biography?
Quite a different format from Dreams. Quite a bit of Us history entertwined (that of which if anyone has ever had a course in US History, they would already be well aware of much of what is briefly incorporated as references- with out going into the depth of the actual historical reference)
Plenty of well known, political name dropping thus far.
1 post removed
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#664280 Jun 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The War on Old Folks
"While the Republican War on Women has gained national attention, there has been less outrage over the Republican War on Older Americans. But the battles are everywhere. State after state is going after pension funds. Here in Michigan, for example, one of the first things Republican Gov. Rick Snyder did was to impose new and higher taxes on retirement income and public pensions. Making matters worse, our state’s long recession forced many people in their 50s to take early retirement as employers downsized. When you retire early, your benefits are lower than if you wait until you’re 65. So now, a larger percentage of smaller retirement eggs will be subject to income tax. Why? To make up for cuts in the state’s business taxes."
http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/13351/the...
Let's all shed a tear for public pensioners who are forced to retire in their 50s with pensions that most private sector employees could only dream about when they retire at age 66 or later because of the economy, gas, cost of living, etc.

And the Real War on the Aging will begin when ObamaCare forces many elderly poor onto Medicaid, along with the latest deception by the Obama administration: Postponing the decimation of Medicare Advantage until after the election.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#664281 Jun 18, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an ignorant liar. That's all you righties have.
Gee Whiz Jean, How am I an ignorant liar? Where did I lie? Tell us again, Where did Barack Hussein Obama work in the private sector? What job did he perform so admirably, as to garner him praise for its accomplishment?? Come on, tell us?
Florida

Lithia, FL

#664282 Jun 18, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Great essay! So true. If at first failed republican policies don't succeed in taking us into economic armaggedon....ignorant , memoryless fools are willing to let them try, try again.
Majority leaders crooks and liars Pelosi and Reid were the chief cooks in the kitchens of Congress you idiot when W left office..
-
The crooks and liars Pelosi and Reid cooked up and produced nothing but poison for America when W was in office, something even a sellout obama still can't recover from today you moron...
-
How many US Citizens will Obama Assassinate today you adolf?
-
It's the culture...
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#664283 Jun 18, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Gee Whiz Jean, hypocritical much? You need nothing, but... healthcare, Medicare, Medicaid, SSI? and who the heck will pay for all this largess?? Oh that's right, THE TAXPAYER... Keep it up we have more..
Be gentle with Jean, ok? Her doctors told her to ease back into Topix. All that anger she unleases all day every day caused months and months of mandatory hospitalization.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664284 Jun 18, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>A Few Facts You Should Know About Mitt Romney old Rurhie:
-
Personal Information:
1. His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney
2. He was Born: March 12, 1947, in the USA, and is 65 years old. Same year as Realtime
3. His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan
4. He was Raised in: Bloomfield Hills , Michigan
5. He is Married to: Ann Romney since 1969; they have five children
6. Education: B.A. from Brigham Young University , J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University
7. Religion: Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
-
Working Background:
1. After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.
2. After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.
3. In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the United States .
4. In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.
5. He was President and C.E.O. of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
6. In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.
-
Some Interesting Fact about Romney:
1. Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts , turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.
2. Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.
3. He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign, 1 year.
4. He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's office for eight years.
5. He was an unpaid bishop and stake president of his church for ten years.
6. He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.
7. He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.
8. He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.
9. Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men.
-
Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:
1. He will show us his birth certificate
2. He will show us his high school and college transcripts.
3. He will show us his social security card.
4. He will show us his law degree.
5. He will show us his draft notice.
6. He will show us his medical records.
7. He will show us his income tax records.
8. He will show us he has nothing to hide.
-
Mitt Romney's background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and will be an excellent President of the United States.
Can a Sellout 'Amateur Obama' match that?
-
It's the culture...
BIG positive. Romney doesn't have to be "in the race" for the dolluh.

That scenerio ALWAYS presents a MUCH Better quality of humanity then. Sans GREED.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#664285 Jun 18, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
OK!!
YOU can't handle the truth?
His taxes are a lot lower!!$4,000,000 lower EACH YEAR!!
But he screams all day on TV, LOWER MY TAXES!!
WTF!!
Citizens are not that dumb, like YOU!
Millions of Republicans voted FOR OBAMA last time!!
and they will AGAIN!!!
Smart, moderate republicans get it!! The country has gone TRILLIONS in debt since this nonsense started over 26 years ago....
It's un-American to raise taxes, that is what these GOP morons say everyday,
They should say: It's un-American to cry about paying such a smaller tax bill!!
While at war, Mitt wants his taxes to be even lower!!
Tell Mitt Romney: stfu!!!
Let old Ruthie kill the planet with stupid and ghetto ignorance, so all will suffer. Why do you hate intelligence Ruffie?
-
It's the culture...
Jean

Rhinecliff, NY

#664286 Jun 18, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Gee Whiz Jean, hypocritical much? You need nothing, but... healthcare, Medicare, Medicaid, SSI? and who the heck will pay for all this largess?? Oh that's right, THE TAXPAYER... Keep it up we have more..
You dope..I'm not on any of them. Yes..gO right ahead republican liars. Tell the American people you want to end Medicare , Medicaid, SSI. Why don't they do that bobo? We all pay for Medicare, Medicaid and SSI and all benefit fom them you fool. JUst the same as private plans except thre's no greedy CEO hoarding our premiums while denying necessary care.

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#664287 Jun 18, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>'The more things change, the more they stay the same'. Barack Hussein Obama, never had a job, now... never needs a job, and the American taxpayer picks up the bill... As it does for all freeloaders. "Such a deal I gots for you".
You are a liar. Obama held jobs. Jobs in the private sector.

I guess Boehner, McConnell, Cantor, all work for nothingwhile in Congress.

I guess Bush & Cheney worked for nothing in the White House.

You right wingers actually get dumber every day. One would think there is a limit to how f*cking dumb a person could get & then along comes you, Fred & Mr Ed.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664288 Jun 18, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
OK!!
YOU can't handle the truth?
His taxes are a lot lower!!$4,000,000 lower EACH YEAR!!
But he screams all day on TV, LOWER MY TAXES!!
WTF!!
Citizens are not that dumb, like YOU!
Millions of Republicans voted FOR OBAMA last time!!
and they will AGAIN!!!
Smart, moderate republicans get it!! The country has gone TRILLIONS in debt since this nonsense started over 26 years ago....
It's un-American to raise taxes, that is what these GOP morons say everyday,
They should say: It's un-American to cry about paying such a smaller tax bill!!
While at war, Mitt wants his taxes to be even lower!!
Tell Mitt Romney: stfu!!!
It IS UNAmerican to have to pay MORE taxes-and MANY Americans are aready beyond sick and tired of it!!!!!!!!!!

NO MORE TAXES.

The T(axed) E(nough) A(lready ROBBINH HOODIE-ed drained dry) Party.

Get your GREEDY hands OUT of our WORKING class, make-do pockets!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to OUR geneRATIONAL realities

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#664289 Jun 18, 2012
The Romney campaign hasn't spelled out what kind of tax deductions it wants to close in order to pay for lower headline income tax rates, but perhaps something related to horses could do the trick:

As millions tune into the Olympics in prime time this summer, just before Mr. Romney will be reintroducing himself to the nation at the Republican convention, viewers are likely to see “up close and personal” segments on NBC about the Romneys and dressage, a sport of six-figure horses and $1,000 saddles. The Romneys declared a loss of $77,000 on their 2010 tax returns for the share in the care and feeding of Rafalca, which Mrs. Romney owns.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/06/1...

It’s a business expense.

Around 84 percent of the nation earns less than $77,000 per year.

Mitt Romney....The salt of the earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Coffee Party 281,100
Obama sets off on a sales mission on immigration 2 min Le Jimbo 26
Boehner weighs expanding suit over Obama execut... 4 min Le Jimbo 223
Obama to detail his executive action on immigra... 4 min inbred Genius 88
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min loose cannon 180,605
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Dogen 126,244
Obama's Amnesty Pushes Blacks Aside 8 min inbred Genius 171
Internet slowdown 25 min Le Jimbo 128
Reagan, Bush shielded immigrants 55 min RIGHT 101
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 2 hr serfs up 698

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE