Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Jean

Rhinecliff, NY

#664275 Jun 18, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>'The more things change, the more they stay the same'. Barack Hussein Obama, never had a job, now... never needs a job, and the American taxpayer picks up the bill... As it does for all freeloaders. "Such a deal I gots for you".
You're an ignorant liar. That's all you righties have.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664276 Jun 18, 2012
Nobama wrote:
are you Obamabots celebrating the victory of the Muslim Brotherhood in the Egyptian Arab Spring....
a major step forward for democracy....
back to the burkhas for Egyptian women...
Now going beyond the LAME and shallow-

Tunisia: a newly enacted law requires equal numbers of men and women to be listed as candidates in national const assembly elections.
-Weak, agreed. Big deal, more showing on the tickets.
-Female candidates did win one quarter of the seats in the Constituent Assembly however. Posative.

Libya: Legislation guaranteeing women at least 40 seats of the 200 Constituent Assembly .
-Women occupy TWO seats.
HMMMMMMMM. So much for that. Negative.(imagine that).

Egypt:Quotas for female reps mandated under Mubarek are abolished-only Nine (9) of the 498 newely elected legistlators, are woemn.
HMMMMMM. Negative number two.

Yemen: A female shares in the recving of the 2011 Nobel prize. One half step forward, HMMM two negs plus 1.5 postive--still on the minus side of the balance line weigh in.
A doc on cabinet positions introduced, includes NO pronouncements on inclusion for women. Mnis a half point, back down to negative two.

Bahran: A female poet, accused of being critical of the "king" was convicted of crimes against the state. She alleges that she was tortured and is banned from travel, when she is released from jail anyway.
Negative 3.

Why nice, light weight, brightly colored, cool apparel must be certainly be appreciated.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#664277 Jun 18, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the REpublican party say that. No government healthcare. No Medicare. No Medicaid. No SSI.
Republicans...the whole party is ONE BIG LIE.
And I need nothing from rightwing losers like you.
Gee Whiz Jean, hypocritical much? You need nothing, but... healthcare, Medicare, Medicaid, SSI? and who the heck will pay for all this largess?? Oh that's right, THE TAXPAYER... Keep it up we have more..
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664278 Jun 18, 2012
X Obama supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
So I haven't read The Audacity of Hope but I'm wondering if he made up the people that are in that book like he did most of those he talks about in his biography?
Quite a different format from Dreams. Quite a bit of Us history entertwined (that of which if anyone has ever had a course in US History, they would already be well aware of much of what is briefly incorporated as references- with out going into the depth of the actual historical reference)
Plenty of well known, political name dropping thus far.
1 post removed
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#664280 Jun 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The War on Old Folks
"While the Republican War on Women has gained national attention, there has been less outrage over the Republican War on Older Americans. But the battles are everywhere. State after state is going after pension funds. Here in Michigan, for example, one of the first things Republican Gov. Rick Snyder did was to impose new and higher taxes on retirement income and public pensions. Making matters worse, our state’s long recession forced many people in their 50s to take early retirement as employers downsized. When you retire early, your benefits are lower than if you wait until you’re 65. So now, a larger percentage of smaller retirement eggs will be subject to income tax. Why? To make up for cuts in the state’s business taxes."
http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/13351/the...
Let's all shed a tear for public pensioners who are forced to retire in their 50s with pensions that most private sector employees could only dream about when they retire at age 66 or later because of the economy, gas, cost of living, etc.

And the Real War on the Aging will begin when ObamaCare forces many elderly poor onto Medicaid, along with the latest deception by the Obama administration: Postponing the decimation of Medicare Advantage until after the election.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#664281 Jun 18, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an ignorant liar. That's all you righties have.
Gee Whiz Jean, How am I an ignorant liar? Where did I lie? Tell us again, Where did Barack Hussein Obama work in the private sector? What job did he perform so admirably, as to garner him praise for its accomplishment?? Come on, tell us?
Florida

Lithia, FL

#664282 Jun 18, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Great essay! So true. If at first failed republican policies don't succeed in taking us into economic armaggedon....ignorant , memoryless fools are willing to let them try, try again.
Majority leaders crooks and liars Pelosi and Reid were the chief cooks in the kitchens of Congress you idiot when W left office..
-
The crooks and liars Pelosi and Reid cooked up and produced nothing but poison for America when W was in office, something even a sellout obama still can't recover from today you moron...
-
How many US Citizens will Obama Assassinate today you adolf?
-
It's the culture...
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#664283 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>Gee Whiz Jean, hypocritical much? You need nothing, but... healthcare, Medicare, Medicaid, SSI? and who the heck will pay for all this largess?? Oh that's right, THE TAXPAYER... Keep it up we have more..
Be gentle with Jean, ok? Her doctors told her to ease back into Topix. All that anger she unleases all day every day caused months and months of mandatory hospitalization.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664284 Jun 18, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>A Few Facts You Should Know About Mitt Romney old Rurhie:
-
Personal Information:
1. His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney
2. He was Born: March 12, 1947, in the USA, and is 65 years old. Same year as Realtime
3. His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan
4. He was Raised in: Bloomfield Hills , Michigan
5. He is Married to: Ann Romney since 1969; they have five children
6. Education: B.A. from Brigham Young University , J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University
7. Religion: Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
-
Working Background:
1. After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.
2. After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.
3. In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the United States .
4. In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.
5. He was President and C.E.O. of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
6. In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.
-
Some Interesting Fact about Romney:
1. Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts , turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.
2. Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.
3. He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign, 1 year.
4. He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's office for eight years.
5. He was an unpaid bishop and stake president of his church for ten years.
6. He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.
7. He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.
8. He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.
9. Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men.
-
Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:
1. He will show us his birth certificate
2. He will show us his high school and college transcripts.
3. He will show us his social security card.
4. He will show us his law degree.
5. He will show us his draft notice.
6. He will show us his medical records.
7. He will show us his income tax records.
8. He will show us he has nothing to hide.
-
Mitt Romney's background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and will be an excellent President of the United States.
Can a Sellout 'Amateur Obama' match that?
-
It's the culture...
BIG positive. Romney doesn't have to be "in the race" for the dolluh.

That scenerio ALWAYS presents a MUCH Better quality of humanity then. Sans GREED.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#664285 Jun 18, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
OK!!
YOU can't handle the truth?
His taxes are a lot lower!!$4,000,000 lower EACH YEAR!!
But he screams all day on TV, LOWER MY TAXES!!
WTF!!
Citizens are not that dumb, like YOU!
Millions of Republicans voted FOR OBAMA last time!!
and they will AGAIN!!!
Smart, moderate republicans get it!! The country has gone TRILLIONS in debt since this nonsense started over 26 years ago....
It's un-American to raise taxes, that is what these GOP morons say everyday,
They should say: It's un-American to cry about paying such a smaller tax bill!!
While at war, Mitt wants his taxes to be even lower!!
Tell Mitt Romney: stfu!!!
Let old Ruthie kill the planet with stupid and ghetto ignorance, so all will suffer. Why do you hate intelligence Ruffie?
-
It's the culture...
Jean

Rhinecliff, NY

#664286 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>Gee Whiz Jean, hypocritical much? You need nothing, but... healthcare, Medicare, Medicaid, SSI? and who the heck will pay for all this largess?? Oh that's right, THE TAXPAYER... Keep it up we have more..
You dope..I'm not on any of them. Yes..gO right ahead republican liars. Tell the American people you want to end Medicare , Medicaid, SSI. Why don't they do that bobo? We all pay for Medicare, Medicaid and SSI and all benefit fom them you fool. JUst the same as private plans except thre's no greedy CEO hoarding our premiums while denying necessary care.

Since: May 11

Mountville, PA

#664287 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>'The more things change, the more they stay the same'. Barack Hussein Obama, never had a job, now... never needs a job, and the American taxpayer picks up the bill... As it does for all freeloaders. "Such a deal I gots for you".
You are a liar. Obama held jobs. Jobs in the private sector.

I guess Boehner, McConnell, Cantor, all work for nothingwhile in Congress.

I guess Bush & Cheney worked for nothing in the White House.

You right wingers actually get dumber every day. One would think there is a limit to how f*cking dumb a person could get & then along comes you, Fred & Mr Ed.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664288 Jun 18, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
OK!!
YOU can't handle the truth?
His taxes are a lot lower!!$4,000,000 lower EACH YEAR!!
But he screams all day on TV, LOWER MY TAXES!!
WTF!!
Citizens are not that dumb, like YOU!
Millions of Republicans voted FOR OBAMA last time!!
and they will AGAIN!!!
Smart, moderate republicans get it!! The country has gone TRILLIONS in debt since this nonsense started over 26 years ago....
It's un-American to raise taxes, that is what these GOP morons say everyday,
They should say: It's un-American to cry about paying such a smaller tax bill!!
While at war, Mitt wants his taxes to be even lower!!
Tell Mitt Romney: stfu!!!
It IS UNAmerican to have to pay MORE taxes-and MANY Americans are aready beyond sick and tired of it!!!!!!!!!!

NO MORE TAXES.

The T(axed) E(nough) A(lready ROBBINH HOODIE-ed drained dry) Party.

Get your GREEDY hands OUT of our WORKING class, make-do pockets!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to OUR geneRATIONAL realities

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#664289 Jun 18, 2012
The Romney campaign hasn't spelled out what kind of tax deductions it wants to close in order to pay for lower headline income tax rates, but perhaps something related to horses could do the trick:

As millions tune into the Olympics in prime time this summer, just before Mr. Romney will be reintroducing himself to the nation at the Republican convention, viewers are likely to see “up close and personal” segments on NBC about the Romneys and dressage, a sport of six-figure horses and $1,000 saddles. The Romneys declared a loss of $77,000 on their 2010 tax returns for the share in the care and feeding of Rafalca, which Mrs. Romney owns.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/06/1...

It’s a business expense.

Around 84 percent of the nation earns less than $77,000 per year.

Mitt Romney....The salt of the earth.

Mountville, PA

#664290 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>Gee Whiz Jean, How am I an ignorant liar? Where did I lie? Tell us again, Where did Barack Hussein Obama work in the private sector? What job did he perform so admirably, as to garner him praise for its accomplishment?? Come on, tell us?
You bitch & bitch about sh*t you obviously know nothing about.

What a pathetic POS.

Since: May 12

Bennettsville, SC

#664291 Jun 18, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Mitt's business....and NOT anyone elses but!!!
We do NOT live in a communisTIC nation.
You just DON'T "Get It", do you. Or do you just prefer being "willfully" and blatantly ignorant, or are you just psycho?
..."Jefferson and Madison in particular, argued for what Jefferson called a "wall of separation" between church and state, as a means of protecting individual liberty in religious belief and practice, guarding the state against sectarian strife, and defending organized religion against the states encroachment or undue influence"...
QUOTE!!!!!!!!!! Barrack Obama. The Audacity of Hope. Pp 217. Crown Publishing NY NY. 2006.
No doubt what Mitt does is relevant but so it is with Obama also and what he has done is to drag America to the bottom. I have never in my lifetime see anyone as inept as Obama and the America public so gullible. Obama is the devil incarnate!
Jean

Rhinecliff, NY

#664292 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>Gee Whiz Jean, How am I an ignorant liar? Where did I lie? Tell us again, Where did Barack Hussein Obama work in the private sector? What job did he perform so admirably, as to garner him praise for its accomplishment?? Come on, tell us?
Read your uncredited post bobo. Hard for you righties to actually read something. So much easier to just spew whatever out of your ignorant mouthes and keyboards. The crap comes naturally to righties who get their news from the trailer trash Murdoch network.

Mountville, PA

#664293 Jun 18, 2012
Nobama wrote:
are you Obamabots celebrating the victory of the Muslim Brotherhood in the Egyptian Arab Spring....
a major step forward for democracy....
back to the burkhas for Egyptian women...
I guess you are only for democracy when certain people win elections.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664294 Jun 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You bitch & bitch about sh*t you obviously know nothing about.
What a pathetic POS.
If you just had a GED, would you apply for a job that required Phd level work?

Shame on YOU, if so.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#664295 Jun 18, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
You dope..I'm not on any of them. Yes..gO right ahead republican liars. Tell the American people you want to end Medicare , Medicaid, SSI. Why don't they do that bobo? We all pay for Medicare, Medicaid and SSI and all benefit fom them you fool. JUst the same as private plans except thre's no greedy CEO hoarding our premiums while denying necessary care.
No Jean....everyone does NOT contribute.

Many just TAKE from it, and DEPLETE it further.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Limbaugh: Hillary/Jeb 2016 'The Perfect Ticket' 5 min Retired SOF 11
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min NTRPRNR1 293,645
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 8 min Strong arm weak side 1,424
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Dale 165,399
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 11 min Retired SOF 74
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 13 min Joe fortuna 201,162
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min Hidingfromyou 132,461
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 17 min Retired SOF 333
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 49 min Eagle 12 2,407
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 2 hr spocko 642
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 4 hr tha Professor 91
More from around the web