Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Amazed

Casselberry, FL

#655663 Jun 3, 2012
Carol,

Any plans on getting back to me on allowing all children into that religious school to get a better education?
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655664 Jun 3, 2012
Today is a good day!

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows Mitt Romney picking up 48% of the vote, while President Obama attracts 44%.

... picking up the support of women as well.

It's the economy, stupid. And it should stay stupid for quite some time. LOL

I wonder how much Kobe beef Mooch will gorge herself with knowing she'll have to buy her own in a few months. LOL Keep an eye on her caboose for details.
cway

United States

#655665 Jun 3, 2012
We're in deep financial trouble.

And try as Republicans may to deny it, most of the borrowing occured during the tenures of their presidents.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655666 Jun 3, 2012
flack wrote:
In case anyone wants to know. Dow futures down 15 right now.
Great! Welcome to Greece ... HOOPA!
cway

United States

#655667 Jun 3, 2012
LOL wrote:
Today is a good day!
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows Mitt Romney picking up 48% of the vote, while President Obama attracts 44%.
... picking up the support of women as well.
It's the economy, stupid. And it should stay stupid for quite some time. LOL
I wonder how much Kobe beef Mooch will gorge herself with knowing she'll have to buy her own in a few months. LOL Keep an eye on her caboose for details.
Yeah, let's put back in power the party which caused the current mess.
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#655668 Jun 3, 2012
cway wrote:
We're in deep financial trouble.
And try as Republicans may to deny it, most of the borrowing occured during the tenures of their presidents.
You somehow forgot to mention following your Obama worship service that the incompetent Obama hasn't been one bit successful in fixing it.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#655669 Jun 3, 2012
SADKO301 wrote:
<quoted text>
HERE DUMBASS
Overview of IAEA Nuclear Inspections in Iraq
Steven Dolley and Paul Leventhal[1]
Nuclear Control Institute
June 14, 2001
It is important and timely to examine the International Atomic Energy Agencys (IAEA) inspections of Iraqs nuclear program, both before and after the Gulf War. Distinctly absent from most policy discussions of the topic are voices critical of the Agencys performance in Iraq. The IAEAs record of shortcomings and failures in detecting nuclear-weapons development in Iraq should be weighed against its accomplishments when assessing any potential role for the Agency in the event inspections are resumed in Iraq.
The only IAEA visits to Iraq since Saddam kicked U.N. inspectors out in late 1998 have been two brief trips to verify the amount and status of Iraqs declared stocks of natural and low-enriched uranium.[2] However, there have been troubling indications over the last two years that Saddams nuclear-weapons program has not only survived, but been reinvigorated. In a speech televised in Baghdad last September, Saddam told his nuclear energy officials that the battle is your battle, that Iraqs enemies will be defeated when their losses will be as huge as the gains they had hoped to achieve, and that the Nuclear Energy [Association] has a big duty in this field.[3] Salman Zweir worked for 13 years as an engineer for the Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission before defecting to the West in late 1998. Zweir, who worked on the centrifuge uranium enrichment program, claims that Saddam recalled him and many other technical personnel to the nuclear-weapons program in the fall of 1998. Zweir refused, was imprisoned and tortured, and eventually escaped to the West.[4] Some other recent reports of alleged defectors are less credible.[5] The general picture that emerges is an ongoing, active effort by Iraq to build nuclear weapons.
I assume you posted this because it says Saddam kicked UN inspectors out in 1998, is that correct? Is that y'all's problem? You are aware that they returned in 2002 and were still active when we told them to evacuate in 2003 so we could invade right? Right? I mean, ya'll didn't miss that didja? Its kind of important since Hans Blix was telling Bush et. al. that there was no evidence of WMD and that Saddam was cooperating and that we shouldn't invade. Did y'all miss that?
cway

United States

#655670 Jun 3, 2012
Unfinished wars, anyone? More record debt? More Wall Street rip-offs? Vote for Mitt.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#655671 Jun 3, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The IAEA is part of the UN, doody.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-...
"In February 2012, the regime promised to allow UN inspectors back into the country and to suspend uranium enrichment in return for US food aid.
But shortly after that it launched a rocket in apparent defiance of UN resolutions banning missile tests, leaving that deal dead in the water."
"back" into the country?
Wiki - Timeline of North Korea nuclear program: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Nort...
"1992: In May, for the first time, North Korea allows a team from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), then headed by Hans Blix, to visit the facility at Yongbyon."
Anything else you wish to deny today?
My, there's a 20 year gap there between visits. Somewhere in that gap they tested a weapon.
1 post removed

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#655673 Jun 3, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
How you doing Ghostie? Why the need to change your name? Do you honestly believe you are fooling anyone?
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655674 Jun 3, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you say, boy. LOL
1 post removed
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655676 Jun 3, 2012
loulee rat mouth fl wrote:
<quoted text> You somehow forgot to mention following your Obama worship service that the incompetent Obama hasn't been one bit successful in fixing it.
A reading from the Second Book o' Bammy, Chapter three, verse 6: Goddamn America!
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#655677 Jun 3, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right...anything would be better than continuing to rot under the incompetence of the Obama administration.
1 post removed
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#655679 Jun 3, 2012
cway wrote:
Unfinished wars, anyone? More record debt? More Wall Street rip-offs? Vote for Mitt.
You mean Obama...that's what we have had for his entire presidency, thanks to his incompetence and the blind, deaf and dumb worship of fools such as you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#655680 Jun 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd prefer women keep things out of their own vaginas before a child is conceived...if you get my drift.
Or take precautions if they don't. It's not that complicated.
I agree, it's not that hard to prevent pregnancy; but you can't legislate human behavior, there are a lot of dumb people, and then there are those that make mistakes. We're human.
I say, pass out free birth control pills; it's a win win all the way around.
I think therefore I am

Coffeyville, KS

#655681 Jun 3, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please....the damage the Bush caused under any president that knew what he was doing would have been turned around by now. Obama came in and spent more in less than four years than Bush did with two unfunded wars and in office for eight years. This is Obama's baby now, and American's are real sick of the "but what about what Bush handed me" excuse Obama has used his entire presidency. When did he plan on taking over as president and accepting the responsibility of the job anyway? He may have thought he would just get a free ride through his presidency and then get re-elected but he was sadly mistaken.

Why his base, as far as the blacks and hispanics go, would continue to support him is beyond most people with common sense. It must be the race thing because their unemployment rate is the highest of any other group. So how has the "hopey changey thing" working for you anyway?

Obama doesn't get to steal all the credit for what others do that make a positive change in this country and then pass the buck on the responsibility for what is destroying our country. He is president and the buck stops with him no matter what he may want.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655682 Jun 3, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you posted this because it says Saddam kicked UN inspectors out in 1998, is that correct? Is that y'all's problem? You are aware that they returned in 2002 and were still active when we told them to evacuate in 2003 so we could invade right? Right? I mean, ya'll didn't miss that didja? Its kind of important since Hans Blix was telling Bush et. al. that there was no evidence of WMD and that Saddam was cooperating and that we shouldn't invade. Did y'all miss that?
All things considered, who gives a shit? Fkn Jefferson and his Embargo ... that's what did it. LOL
1 post removed
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655684 Jun 3, 2012
cway wrote:
Lookin' forward to it ... an improvement over what we have. LOL Bring it on, boy; bring it on.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#655685 Jun 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
And why not, Lily? Just because most of them are Christian-based schools?
It's a parent's choice. Doesn't that mean anything? A parent's right to choose even if you don't like the choice? Really, Lily? Is that what you're saying?
Would you mind paying for Muslim-based schools?
Nevermind, I know your answer.
Yes I would mind; and that's funny, I was going to say that if the public tax payer has to pay for religious indoctrination; well then it would have to be fair; christian, Hebrew school, Muslim schools, and on and on, I'm sure you can't fathom that.
I have no use for organized religion, it's a business and teaches people to hate others. I'm sure that is not what God intended.
I sent my children to Lutheran school and paid for it myself. After middle school, they went to public high school. Everyone has a choice, pay for it.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#655686 Jun 3, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it's not that hard to prevent pregnancy; but you can't legislate human behavior, there are a lot of dumb people, and then there are those that make mistakes. We're human.
I say, pass out free birth control pills; it's a win win all the way around.
... and hump anything, everything, and everyone until you drop. Right? LOL America ... one big Hump-A-Thon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Blitzking 160,806
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min HILLARY 2016 179,106
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min red and right 324,362
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min ritedownthemiddle 52,848
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 16 min coretta 376
News Obama's "Openness" and Deceit 21 min FASCIST Ukraine 2
News POLL Marco Rubio jumps to the head of GOP 2016 ... 28 min Black Annie 31
News Can Jeb Bush win the GOP nomination by praising... 1 hr Who Guessed it 91
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... 1 hr Ralph 142
More from around the web