Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#649575 May 24, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>if Topix had been around, you would have posted the same stupid reply right after the first attack on the World Trade Center.
and, how truly amazing regarding the numerous, ignorant adjectives applied to me...your only success here has been proving you can have the most posts removed by topix censors in any given day.
you and looney have a lot in common, but at least she attempts to justify her lefty, lib Obamatron convictions.
Oh quit being so sensitive, I have been called a 'homo' like 10,000 times on this thread ya vile hateful beast.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#649576 May 24, 2012
thefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm betting you can give wind directions by simply rotating your head.
I'm betting that you produce a lot of wind and have never witnessed a terrorist attack up close and personal.
2 posts removed
Jane Says

New York, NY

#649579 May 24, 2012
thefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Homer, but all baggers are dupes for the rich. Hell, how can they not, they are programmed daily by FIXED NEWS? Those that are naturally stupid are all FOX bait.
i get it, you and HOmer probably earn about the same as the professional beggars on the corners here in midtown. you're all for Obama's definition of "fairness," and the redistribution of wealth, because it'll never be YOUR wealth.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#649580 May 24, 2012
Homer wrote:
I hadn't realized there were so many millionaires posting on this thread.
They are practicing the "fake it 'til you make it" component of positive thinking...and I'm positive a few are too far gone to even know they are faking.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#649581 May 24, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
god bless those with the patience to try and communicate with you retards.
your use of that word says it all.
carol

Windermere, FL

#649582 May 24, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He said what he was going to do. Nobody thought he meant it. They were wrong and most are now starting to worry. Except for the blind on here and ones like them.
I almost want to hit something hard when I hear someone say they voted for Obama but now regret it.

I want to scream an inch from their face..."WEREN'T YOU LISTENING TO HIM THE FIRST TIME????? And "WHY DIDN'T YOU VOTE FOR HILLARY???? SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN A MUCH BETTER CHOICE!!!!!"

However, Obama has no one to thank but McCain and Palin. Conservatives dropped the ball...and here we are...having no choice but to wait to pick it up again.
1 post removed
neanderthal

Euless, TX

#649584 May 24, 2012
thefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Homer, but all baggers are dupes for the rich. Hell, how can they not, they are programmed daily by FIXED NEWS? Those that are naturally stupid are all FOX bait.
Hairy, totally fixated on being teabagged by a moose, and liberal is no way to go through life.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#649585 May 24, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama hasn't raised any taxes.
He's not Ronald Reagan.
"raised taxes," those words aren't in his vocabulary. in Obama Newspeak, it's called "chipping in more," and Biden calls it being "patriotic."
carol

Windermere, FL

#649586 May 24, 2012
I know...screaming an inch from someone's face is not very Christian-like.

But I can still imagine it if I want to.
1 post removed
Jane Says

New York, NY

#649588 May 24, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
the first reaction that carol had was; that n****r just won.
Same one you and every other racist here had.
no. i'm sure she just prayed that she was wrong about Obama. but even as many who voted for him came to realize, she wasn't.
3 posts removed
carol

Windermere, FL

#649592 May 24, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer psychotic, because psychic you aint.
Knew I could count on you to catch that. So good job, Homer! You're still as predictable as ever!

By the way, do you have enough room in your house for 3 adults and 2 cats?

Seeing that you'll be partly responsible for the bottom falling out if Obama gets another four years, it seems the very least you can do when my savings are worthless. We won't eat much.
John Galt

Houston, TX

#649593 May 24, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1992 President Clinton won because the Republican split their vote between President G H W Bush and Ross Perot.
"The Economy Stupid" was the Democratic Party slogan. Perot elected Clinton?
Ron Paul ?
Ron Paul has little going for him except his leftwing anti-military stance and would likely draw more votes from Obama than from President Romney.

It's the economy, stupid!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#649594 May 24, 2012
concerned American wrote:
This president will go down as the 2nd worst president in history!! Jimmy Carter as #1 !!!!!
The Bookmakers say it'll be a close call.
1 post removed
leosnana

Euless, TX

#649596 May 24, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>They are practicing the "fake it 'til you make it" component of positive thinking...and I'm positive a few are too far gone to even know they are faking.
My mail order degree is makin me look like Einstein to the dummy cibservatives! Sowlling was my strong poiny! I can soell mississipoi ib my sleep! Everytime i cortect tge idiots on the right u pat myaelf on tge bavk! Nevermind that we r all in this mess tigether....im in ti show the dummues how mich better i am!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#649597 May 24, 2012
carol wrote:
Okay, what happens to those of us who aren't sitting on a pile of gold like some claim to be on here and the unthinkable happens?
Inflation will cause food prices to soar, 401k's and personal savings will be depleted and become virtually worthless and we'll be working for free.
Not that I'm a doomsday type of person. I'm a "hope springs eternal" kind of person. And I have high hopes Romney will win this election.
But just what if?
Should those of us who were counting on the value of the dollar to still be worth something just step in front of a bus and get it over with?
Or will Homer let us all move in with him?
I like to plan ahead.
China will be unable to or won't want to buy our debt in a couple of years. This will cause interest rates to skyrocket even more. Think about it.
1 post removed
John Galt

Houston, TX

#649599 May 24, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
white women of middle and upper income
BS.

Abortion is black genocide, and a good thing.

Well, maybe some white liberals like the Fluckster as well, also a good thing.
1 post removed
finding

Jonesboro, AR

#649601 May 24, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Budgets so ridiculous that they were never even considered by either party.
What's the point in that, except to waste a lot of time and paper?
Why not make a serious proposal?
Bommie, dosen't know how to put a budget together, he knows nothing about leadership. President Clinton had a republican congress, he had enough leadership it all worked out well. This administration is petiful. Nov. 2012.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#649602 May 24, 2012
Mexico's Two Largest Crime Cartels Now At War

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#649603 May 24, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Their spending numbers are trash! What the Dems are doing is creating a new baseline using the hundreds of billions of dollars of stimulus money rather than acknowledging it was a one time expenditure. You remove the stimulus spending, go back to the old baseline and Obama is not even close to being thrifty.
Here is another way to look at spending and that is percentage of GDP.
With the exception of WW2 the US never spent more than 23.5% of GDP
Now since 2009
– 25.2% of GDP in 2009
– 24.1% of GDP in 2010
– 24.1% of GDP in 2011
– 24.3%(estimates by the White House ) in 2012
Even if you credit 2009 to stimulus spending, why do the numbers remain elevated for the next three years?
Its so simple maybe even you can get it.

First off, 2009 was Bush's budget and it included both TARP and the stimulus. Then there was this little thing called a "recession". That means negative GDP so even if spending remains level the percentage of GDP goes up.

As for your last question, GDP remains low, the stimulus was spread over two years and the big spending GOP took over the House in 2011 ... you should ask them.

BTW, who held the previous record of 23.5%?
1 post removed

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#649605 May 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's kind of incredible, isn't it? Nothing like throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Big government has always been the vision of this administration.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid.”
Rahm Emanuel
What Emanuel meant was it's an opportunity to undermine everything this country stands when we're the most vulnerable.
They are like Raccoons in your backyard - they are natural opportunists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP types accused of 'thinly-veiled racism' for... 2 min serfs up 164
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min DITCH MITCH 158,718
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min dirtclod 120,814
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 min Life is Love 306,215
Obama to broaden US effort to combat militants 10 min barefoot2626 1,307
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min American Lady 269,647
Bobby Jindal: "I'm Not an Evolutionary Biologist" 12 min Dogen 368
'White boy' Biden calls tea party 'crazy' 37 min woodtick57 202
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 46 min Aprilvue 491

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE