Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
132,581 - 132,600 of 200,366 Comments Last updated 23 hrs ago
ELH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to wonder why we're even responding to an admitted batshit crazy bastard who probably got locked away for pissing on strangers on crowded New York subway systems who now waves around a letter from his psychologists admitting him into public places like 7-11 and Chuck-E-Cheese laying claim he's "OK' now.
LOL!!!

A. It's flucking HOT outside.

B. It's almost impossible to look away from a train wreck.

c. We are bored.

D. Some of the above.
Dan

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
c. We are bored.
D. Some of the above.
I'm down with 'D'.
5 posts removed
ELH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
christians don't need to troll here either. This isn't a religious forum.
"There are no gay islamics"!!!!!
What a moron you are. Just like there are no gay Iraquis right Bruno?! But there are flying penguins!!!!
Nobody needs to troll here, I don't need to. This is a free country last time I checked. The "no gay islamics" was sarcasm. Because most don't allow it.
3 posts removed
Ken

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

The judge is gay need i say more conflict of interest comes to mind. this has nothing to do with gay marriage. it has everything to do with tearing down anything that may shed an idea gay is wrong or whatever. if it was about same sex marriage then the gay community would of been satisfied with civil unions. but NOOOOOO we want to tear down what is good about america no matter what. Now if you suggest taking away anything the gay community has that gives more rights then everyone else. the out cry would be terrible. this shows what ive said all along its about tearing down the cerimony's we hold dear because it doesnt fit there way of life.
Smackeral

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Fish bend isn't the same.
1 post removed
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Ken wrote:
The judge is gay need i say more conflict of interest comes to mind. this has nothing to do with gay marriage. it has everything to do with tearing down anything that may shed an idea gay is wrong or whatever. if it was about same sex marriage then the gay community would of been satisfied with civil unions. but NOOOOOO we want to tear down what is good about america no matter what. Now if you suggest taking away anything the gay community has that gives more rights then everyone else. the out cry would be terrible. this shows what ive said all along its about tearing down the cerimony's we hold dear because it doesnt fit there way of life.
No,so sorry bigit boy! The judge was gay but he followed the Constitution and ruled the only way he could with the evidence presented before him! His decision was then backed up by the next higher court! Him being gay has nothing to do with bias,do they disqualify a black judge from presiding over a civil rights case? NO! Do they disallow a women from presiding over a womens issue before her? NO,they do not! All you have our whiny sour grapes! It's funny,when a court rules in you favor you are all giddy and happy,they were just doing their job! But when a ruling rightfully goes against you its OH an activist court! So sorry it doesn't work that way! Marriage is a secular function first and foremost and religion does NOT own marriage! Equal treatment under the law as per our Constitution is what counts! Oh and by the way,not gay,I just can't stand unamerican haters like yourself!
2 posts removed
ELH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Ken wrote:
...this shows what ive said all along its about tearing down the cerimony's we hold dear because it doesnt fit there way of life.
Do you ever READ the crap that spews out of your (blissful) ignorance?

"They" want to get married to destroy marriage becasue it doesn't fit "their" way of life? News flash: What you "have said all along" is laughably RIDICULOUS.

And if (heterosexual) marriages are so "dear" and "sacred" then how come almost HALF of them FAIL?
ELH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
The judge was gay but he followed the Constitution and ruled the only way he could with the evidence presented before him! His decision was then backed up by the next higher court!

It would be counter productive for "Ken" and his ilk to admit any of this. Especially acknowledging that the ruling has already been UPHELD by a higher (and probably HETEROSEXUAL) court.

In fact I doubt that "Ken" is even aware of this ruling, after all, the ONLY important part and the ONLY thing worth remembering or repeating is that the overturning judge is GAY.
ELH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Wherte's professor marvleous? I'm really worried that my posts about Men being Girl Scout Leaders and heterosexual pedophile scout masters being shielded from prosecution by the Boy Scouts of America has given him sick "ideas"....
2 posts removed

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Danny boy wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to wonder why we're even responding to an admitted batshit crazy bastard who probably got locked away for pissing on strangers on crowded New York subway systems who now waves around a letter from his psychologists admitting him into public places like 7-11 and Chuck-E-Cheese laying claim he's "OK' now.
LOL!!!
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
c. We are bored.
D. Some of the above.
E. Even a bat shit crazy bastard can look like a genius and hilariously turn idiots in deep denial on their hollow heads.

It has to be sooooo embarrASSing.

Smile

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

ELH wrote:
Wherte's professor marvleous? I'm really worried that my posts about Men being Girl Scout Leaders and heterosexual pedophile scout masters being shielded from prosecution by the Boy Scouts of America has given him sick "ideas"....
Nope, I told him that I was a Pastafarian. He is looking for the nearest CatOlick church, needs to bathe in holy water. OR he got hooked up in a three way with two wayward priests. I am putting all my money on the three way.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>islamics don't need to troll here, there are no gay islamics.
hahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahaha

Yeah, right. Just like there are no gay Congressman.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Ken wrote:
The judge is gay need i say more conflict of interest comes to mind.
Um... news flash... you LOST that argument in Court because it is laughably ridiculous.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Ken wrote:
Should a judge who is black recluse himself or herself if the defendant is black? How about a female judge on a rape case?
1 post removed
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Goooooood morning

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
Goooooood morning
Any word on the flock of flying penguins yet?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Danny, it's a simple fact of reality. Changing the definition of a word doesn't change reality.
What word is being redefined? Certainly isn't marriage. It's still defined as a "union", and "institution", and a "ceremony". Doesn't change when gays enter into one.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
ANYONE looking at two couples; a heterosexual couple and a gay couple will see the difference.
The same can be said for a tall couple, a midget couple, an inter-racial couple, or a handicapped couple. As always you have no point. Couples aren't required to look the same stupid.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially the child who sees mom and dad.
Children aren't bigots until people like you teach them to be. Whether children see differences in a couple is completely irrelevant.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That will never change.
It doesn't have to or need to change. The fact that you don't like it is completely irrelevant. You are nothing.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad thing is that you boys are angry that I am simply warning you about reality.
No, the sad thing is that religious fanatics like you want to make an issue out of something that isn't an issue. And your need to paint us as "angry" just shows how ridiculously stupid you are.

Yes hon, we all know how much insecure cretins like you need to feel special. But your need for extra attention from your little Sky Santa and his fellow followers isn't going to stop the rest of us from having our government recognize us equally. THAT is reality bitch.

BTW, all us gays aren't "boys". But then, the most ardent religious fanatics like you tend to forget that. So busy promoting their agenda. You see Kimare Whore, that's how we gays can pin point the most ridiculous of your kind. They are all solely wrapped up in the male/male sex. Like you, they think of nothing else. Like you, they are sick.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to the response at hand;
Ironically the post referred to mocking me about a paper validating normality while gays vainly attempt to acquire a paper validating their normality with heteros.
Ah, isn't that cute. The religiwhore thinks the gays are trying to acquire a paper validating their normality!!!
Unlike you c*nt, we don't need one. We aren't trying to acquire one, because there's no need for one. Chomp on that bitch.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredible irony!
Irony requires incongruity or discordance. You didn't present any. You simply incoherantly ranted on, as usual.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What word is being redefined? Certainly isn't marriage. It's still defined as a "union", and "institution", and a "ceremony". Doesn't change when gays enter into one.
<quoted text>
The same can be said for a tall couple, a midget couple, an inter-racial couple, or a handicapped couple. As always you have no point. Couples aren't required to look the same stupid.
<quoted text>
Children aren't bigots until people like you teach them to be. Whether children see differences in a couple is completely irrelevant.
<quoted text>
It doesn't have to or need to change. The fact that you don't like it is completely irrelevant. You are nothing.
<quoted text>
No, the sad thing is that religious fanatics like you want to make an issue out of something that isn't an issue. And your need to paint us as "angry" just shows how ridiculously stupid you are.
Yes hon, we all know how much insecure cretins like you need to feel special. But your need for extra attention from your little Sky Santa and his fellow followers isn't going to stop the rest of us from having our government recognize us equally. THAT is reality bitch.
BTW, all us gays aren't "boys". But then, the most ardent religious fanatics like you tend to forget that. So busy promoting their agenda. You see Kimare Whore, that's how we gays can pin point the most ridiculous of your kind. They are all solely wrapped up in the male/male sex. Like you, they think of nothing else. Like you, they are sick.
<quoted text>
Ah, isn't that cute. The religiwhore thinks the gays are trying to acquire a paper validating their normality!!!
Unlike you c*nt, we don't need one. We aren't trying to acquire one, because there's no need for one. Chomp on that bitch.
<quoted text>
Irony requires incongruity or discordance. You didn't present any. You simply incoherantly ranted on, as usual.
You type a lot. Not much of a social life, huh?
What's the big deal anyway. Why do you people try to make the rest of us accept your way of life? You know, we don't have to like it.... I can be as intolerant as I want...
Your gay - I think gay is wrong.
Your gay - You think gay is right.
So?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Thank you for admitting that.
We have a government of the people, by the people and for the people.
<quoted text>
Jonah, everyone knows when you go to 'bitch' you have no answer.
No dear, everyone knows that when I go to "bitch" it's because you've become more sanctimoneous than usual, and because you've earned it. And everyone in the forum that doesn't require a piece of paper to prove their sanity knows I did have an answer (ppsssssttt - that would be everyone but you dearie).

The answer was that our government also ensures that we are free "from the people". SCOTUS has already clearly determined that YOU don't get to vote away the fundamental rights of others. And SCOTUS has already determined marriage to be a fundametnal right.

Did you comprehend it this time bitch, or do you need us to draw some pictures for you?
KiMare wrote:
Do you know how often you go to 'bitch'?
When responding to you, quite often. Only because I don't want to wear out c*nt, which is much more appropriate for you.
KiMare wrote:
Pretty much everytime you post bitch.
Yup. Pretty much. You've earned it bitch.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••