Obama seeks halt to tax subsidies for oil industry

Mar 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

President Barack Obama is calling anew on Congress to end tax subsidies for the oil and gas industry, saying the nation needs to develop alternative sources of energy in the face of rising gasoline prices.Obama said Saturday in his weekly radio and Internet address that he expected Congress to consider in the next few weeks halting $4 billion in ... (more)

Comments (Page 22)

Showing posts 421 - 440 of520
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Paparounis wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting out with a time-worn, juvenile statement that has no bearing on the topic isn't helping your image any, "Junior".
Meanwhile, adjusted for inflation, gasoline prices have only increased 6.7% from 1918 through 2011. In the same period, the average cost of a loaf of bread has increased 86.6%, while gold has increased 658.0%. I don't see you whining about "food barons" or "gold barons". Get an education, and stop needlessly calling people who disagree with you moronic names. The name-calling only serves to make you look immature and foolish.
Because there are no food barons. Food is produced by millions of independent farmers, whereas oil is produced by a few major global corporations. Farmers have absolutely no control over the price of a loaf of bread, whereas the oil barons DO directly set the price of gasoline.

If you didn't act like a moron, I wouldn't have to call you moronic names.

Btw, I look great, thanks for asking.
Mothra

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

HATE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes why they rape the consumers with high gas prices they get HUGE tax cuts.....SUBSIDIES TO RAPE WE THE PEOPLE.....Oh plus they get free use of land to dril on and get to use tax payer road and rail to transport there oil and gas.
Nope.

No subsidies. Legitimate and legal tax deductions.

Free land use? Source?

“Be careful what you wish for.”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
They get nearly $4 billion in welfare from the taxpayers every year. That's kinda what this whole article is about.
"Welfare"? Legitimate tax deductions are not "welfare". You need to readjust your perspective. The entire GDP does not "belong" to the government,(no matter how much Obama believes it). It belongs to the creators ("We the People"). We have nearly doubled federal government spending from 2000 through 2010, and we will have more than doubled it by the imminent 2013 budget. Take a poll, and ask every TAXPAYER you know if they feel they are getting twice the services from their federal government. The leeches and government employees (tax-consumers) will probably say "yes".
Mothra

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You CHOSE where to live, you CHOSE how much to drive every day. You CHOSE when to fill up your vehicle. The choice is 100% YOURS.
Still no proof whatsoever that $10/gal gas will collapse our economy. Where is your evidence of that?
Let's see... if I have a "friend" who says that $10 collapse the economy, that should meet your level of proof, right?

Your standards... not mine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I already provided all the proof I need; I asked my friend who works at Shell who sets the gas prices for their station and she said the corporate home office sets prices. Why would she lie?
She may not lie intentionally, but she may do so out of ignorance. You, on the other hand...
Mothra

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

*$10 dollar a gallon gas will collapse the economy
HATE

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
No subsidies. Legitimate and legal tax deductions.
Free land use? Source?
It is a subsidy...You are maybe one of only a handfull of morons who do know this for fact......And yes oil companies get many millions of acres of public land to use for free for drilling. But again dont let my FACTS get in way of your LIES........
Mothra

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

HATE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes demand balanced againt supply is down....
<sigh>

I didn't ask for a restatement.

Once again, where did you get your information?
HATE

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Judged:

Mothra......Why are gas prices so high right now???
Mothra

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax deductions are just another term for welfare.
Nope.

Wrong again.

hmmm... I'm seeing a pattern here.
HATE

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Wrong again.
hmmm... I'm seeing a pattern here.
I find it funny that far righters like you say that when workingclass people get earned income credits they call that welfare....SO WHEN WORKINGCLASS OR POOR PEOPLE GET A TAX CUT IT IS WELFARE BUT WHEN RICH GET IT THAT IS FINE.......HOW TYPICAL....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

HATE wrote:
<quoted text>
The big oil companies threw speculation is what is driving prices...But hey dont let facts get in the way of your faux news rant and lies.
Speculation on speculators? LOL!
Mothra

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

HATE wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a subsidy...You are maybe one of only a handfull of morons who do know this for fact......And yes oil companies get many millions of acres of public land to use for free for drilling. But again dont let my FACTS get in way of your LIES........
And now for the THIRD time, what is your source for your information for oil supply/demand.

And second for your claim of "free land use"?

You ranting about FACTS without providing any sources for your information hurts your credibility, and as such renders your "facts" mute.

And once again, tax deductions are not welfare.
Mothra

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

HATE wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it funny that [red-herring omitted]
I find it funny that you cite "facts" but never a source, and refuse to do so when asked.
HATE

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
And now for the THIRD time, what is your source for your information for oil supply/demand.
And second for your claim of "free land use"?
You ranting about FACTS without providing any sources for your information hurts your credibility, and as such renders your "facts" mute.
And once again, tax deductions are not welfare.
So the tax deductions workingclass get thru earned income are not welfare like so many of your fellow far righters call it???

Oh and my FACTS are so easy to prove just look it up everyone knows it...Please use the wonderfull internetr and find all I say is true...Oh and please stay away from faux news and limburgers sites...THEY ARE ALL LIES...
HATE

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it funny that you cite "facts" but never a source, and refuse to do so when asked.
You never give any source either.....Prove to me that oil companies dont get subsidies and dont get free land use......If your right it should be easy for you to prove me wrong.
Mothra

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

HATE wrote:
<quoted text>
So the tax deductions [red-herring omittted]
Oh and my FACTS are so easy to prove just look it up everyone knows it...Please use the wonderfull internetr and find all I say is true...Oh and please stay away from faux news and limburgers sites...THEY ARE ALL LIES...
Nope.

YOU use the internet and prove your assertions.

It's YOUR credibility that's in question.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there are no food barons. Food is produced by millions of independent farmers, whereas oil is produced by a few major global corporations. Farmers have absolutely no control over the price of a loaf of bread, whereas the oil barons DO directly set the price of gasoline.
If you didn't act like a moron, I wouldn't have to call you moronic names.
Btw, I look great, thanks for asking.
No food barons? Seriously? Have you ever heard of Kraft (owned by Philip Morris), Con Agra, Pepsico, Coca Cola, General Mills, Dole, Chiquita, IBP, Sara Lee, Heinz, Nabisco, Kellogg, et al? They buy and sell your "millions of independent farmers" day in and day out. Check out the documentary "Food, Inc." It's guaranteed to ruin your appetite. Farmers do all the work, yet they have no control over the price of their own crops! Oil companies do not set the price of gasoline. Oil refiners set the wholesale price, and those who have retail locations set the retail price. This is no different than the country stores run by some farmers: they set the price of the finished products (such as cheese, milk, pastries, and ice cream) that were manufactured on site from their raw agricultural products.

Right about now, you are looking like the moron, and a pretty sad one at that.
HATE

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
YOU use the internet and prove your assertions.
It's YOUR credibility that's in question.
The sun is hot...Do you need me to prove a fact everyone knows....????

Again if you want to make me look bad or challenge my credibility then please prove my FACTS wrong.
Mothra

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

HATE wrote:
<quoted text>
You never give any source either.....Prove to me that oil companies dont get subsidies and dont get free land use......If your right it should be easy for you to prove me wrong.
Never?

Scroll back the top of the page. That's my post... with a source to refute your argument.

Hmmm... Sheeple cannot prove his point and asserts it's incumbent upon me to prove otherwise.

Likewise, you fail to produce evidence to back up your claims, but argue the same way.

Hate = Sheeple.

Both horrible debaters, wasting bandwidth and losing credibility with each post.

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 421 - 440 of520
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••