Slower hiring dims outlook

Jun 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Delawareonline.com

A bleak jobs report suggests the recovery from the Great Recession will be longer and bumpier than some economists had envisioned.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of219
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

The only "hiring" the politicians seem worried about is their own, campaigning on their desire of helping everyone else getting "hired". Upon getting "hired" their "desire" soon turns to the truth about why they wanted the job in the first place.
cjrian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

"A bleak jobs report", indeed. This administration doesn't have the vaguest clue how jobs are created. HopenChange may have worked, once, to get an incompetent elected, but is hardly a strategy for growth. Wastrel spending does not create permanent, productive jobs, but does create economic uncertainty. Squeezing the life out of businesses on multiple fronts, and then demanding those same businesses create jobs to create goods, for sales that do not exist, is fruitless. "Some economists"? Those aren't economists, those are hollow echo chambers. They repeat the same mistakes made by other governments, convinced of their own "wisdom" and are surprised when ideology doesn't win out over reality. "Stimulating" the economy was tried in Japan during the 90's, 8 times over ten years, and all Japan got was massive debt. Japan didn't come out of its fuscal funk until the government QUIT trying to "help".

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein,(attributed)

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

cjrian wrote:
"A bleak jobs report", indeed. This administration doesn't have the vaguest clue how jobs are created. HopenChange may have worked, once, to get an incompetent elected, but is hardly a strategy for growth. Wastrel spending does not create permanent, productive jobs, but does create economic uncertainty. Squeezing the life out of businesses on multiple fronts, and then demanding those same businesses create jobs to create goods, for sales that do not exist, is fruitless. "Some economists"? Those aren't economists, those are hollow echo chambers. They repeat the same mistakes made by other governments, convinced of their own "wisdom" and are surprised when ideology doesn't win out over reality. "Stimulating" the economy was tried in Japan during the 90's, 8 times over ten years, and all Japan got was massive debt. Japan didn't come out of its fuscal funk until the government QUIT trying to "help".
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein,(attributed)
All this, of course, can also be said of Reaganomics, especially the way George W Bush and his merry band practiced it in Bush's two terms as President.

Einstein's insanity quote especially resonates with our experience of the Reagan & Bush economies...
liz

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

Expect the same old song and dance from Obamas
followers. Reagan although being dead, has
the claim of causing this mess.

Herbert Hoover is your next choice? Nothing
is Obamas fault, how does that work for you?
I think those who have been out work for
2yrs., are not amused! Do you expect them to
be after 3 yrs.?

If blame works,,,,,your doing fine...Feels good
doesn't it....You do work, don't you??
PooPoo Platter

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

liz wrote:
followers. Reagan although being dead, has
the claim of causing this mess.
Herbert Hoover is your next choice? Nothing
is Obamas fault, how does that work for you?
I think those who have been out work for
2yrs., are not amused! Do you expect them to
be after 3 yrs.?
doesn't it....You do work, don't you??
LOL!!! Herbert Hoover? FDR cleaned up his mess, and it took over three terms.

Bush 43 (who you cleverly don't mention, so I'll mention him for you...) had 8 years to make his mess, and you expect THAT mess cleaned up in 3? "Blame" solves nothing, but tax cuts & deficit spending are folly. Your heroes were foolish, and they are responsible for their irresponsible policies.

FYI, I work, and you probably aren't keeping up with me. Most people don't. The last thing I need is tax cuts...
Knox

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

Obama and his elitist educated crowd are ruining America.

America is "dismissive, derisive and arrogant" said Obama in front of a European crowd.

When you have Obama negatively labeling America, what do you think other nations will do?

Obama needs to be voted out in 2012 and reclaim the senate from democrats, too.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
All this, of course, can also be said of Reaganomics, especially the way George W Bush and his merry band practiced it in Bush's two terms as President.
Einstein's insanity quote especially resonates with our experience of the Reagan & Bush economies...
yeah...our experiences of the reagan & bush economies, WERE horrible, weren't they, nancy.

ESPECIALLY when compared to how wonderful things are under "father barack".

(was there anything else the cap wanted you to post? like, maybe how paul ryan wants to kill your grandmother?)
Ted DcCain

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
P3 dat speech still in yo brain! Mr. gold bar jobs-bring dow dat wall?? ;-00000000h, U think Artno CA wil run? ;)
Ted DcCain

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah...our experiences of the reagan & bush economies, WERE horrible, weren't they, nancy.
(was there anything else the cap wanted you to post? like, maybe how paul ryan wants to kill your grandmother?)
U really disliked P3! correct? ;-0000
Ted DcCain

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Herbert Hoover? FDR cleaned up his mess, and it took over three terms.
Bush 43 (who you cleverly don't mention, so I'll mention him for you...) had 8 years to make his mess, and you expect THAT mess cleaned up in 3? "Blame" solves nothing, but tax cuts & deficit spending are folly. Your heroes were foolish, and they are responsible for their irresponsible policies.
FYI, I work, and you probably aren't keeping up with me. Most people don't. The last thing I need is tax cuts...
tax cut! wanna C sor? ;-000000
1 post removed
Ted DcCain

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

liz wrote:
doesn't it....U do Wor, 0 you??
like that! ;)
Ted DcCain

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

Wall Street Government wrote:
The only "hiring" the politicians seem worried about is their own, campaigning on their desire of helping everyone else getting "hired". Upon getting "hired" their "desire" soon turns to the truth about why they wanted the job in the first place.
cain"t wait until June-18-11 da show Start!!!!!!!

:-000000000

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
The internal polls the white house is pulling have their panties in a wad for sure. Some inside sources have said there is real worry there and say there is no way the economy can recover enough to pull odoodles numbers in to the winning colum. The best they can do right now it get state media to float lies and propaganda to try and hold what little base he has left. The only strategy the left has, because of the internal numbers, is to attack any person that even suggest they may run, so as to deem them unequal to the worst president since Carter.
Ted DcCain

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
P3! John vs. Barrok show 6-18-11? hu wil da chump? ;)

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was fun for you running up the huge deficits under Reagan & Bush, eh? What do you care? It's your grandchildren who'll be stuck with their consequences.

You don't give a damn about their situation. Or them...
PooPoo Platter

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The internal polls the white house is pulling have their panties in a wad for sure. Some inside sources have said there is real worry there and say there is no way the economy can recover enough to pull odoodles numbers in to the winning colum. The best they can do right now it get state media to float lies and propaganda to try and hold what little base he has left. The only strategy the left has, because of the internal numbers, is to attack any person that even suggest they may run, so as to deem them unequal to the worst president since Carter.
What "inside sources" are you talking about? What internal polls?
PooPoo Platter

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Ted DcCain wrote:
<quoted text>
P3! John vs. Barrok show 6-18-11? hu wil da chump? ;)
6-18-11? Fathers Day weekend?
PooPoo Platter

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Ted DcCain wrote:
<quoted text>
U really disliked P3! correct? ;-0000
Carey doesn't like me, uh, Ted; I'm doing well in this world...
Charlie Fuune

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
Carey doesn't like me, uh, Ted; I'm doing well in this world...
Tao is gooooooooooood thx P3! i dun't liked yes ter Day only happpy 2Day n 3morrow more :-00000h, so give mi yo analysis on da game on 18!! Xtra ho? don't bring a chic in this one ok! ;-0000
Charlie Fuune

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
6-18-11? Fathers Day weekend?
Fathers Day or Dadty day?! Tao don't have 1!!!!!! don't used those word on Tao but thx for asking ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of219
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••