In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Read more: Spiked 47,711

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Read more

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#35194 Aug 10, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't respect intellectual rigor.
Your posts reflect that.
Liberal cliche' is sufficient for you. I like to support my opinions with intellect - and from a variety of sources.
It's not a new concept.
start your new religion

you will make an excellent religious leader

you express the correct amount of truth, honesty, and rigor.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#35195 Aug 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What best science is this? The ID kind or real science?
I looked up your text on google
“microevolution and time do not produce macroevolution”
Funny thing is that it’s only been posted for an hour and if you put it in quotes as above your topix post is the only reference. Remove the quotes and try typing in variations of the wording as well and I find no scientific site offering comment to confirm your claim. Admittedly I only looked at the first 5 pages for 3 variations 150 results, nada.
I do however find a few about pages stating the contrary and more than a few ID / creation./ religious type site all shouting as loud as possible
Please provide scientific proof, a simple link to a peer reviewed scientific paper to back up your claim will be fine
Wanna bet your post here will lead to 1 of 3 possibilities:

1. Some reference link to the Discovery Institute or other religulous propaganda.

2. Ad hominem attack

3. Totally ignore due cognitive dissonance, i.e., turn a blind eye

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#35196 Aug 10, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, ID is not science and shouldn't be taught in biology curriculums. However, evolution isn't science either and has nothing to do with biological reality. It should be transplanted to philosophy and metaphysics.
as usual you are half right

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#35197 Aug 10, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
It's a sloppy use of words, but it does fit.
It is not in anyway sloppy, and round (as the quotes above) include definitions that place round as three dimensional shapes.

Putting aside where any one dictionary puts a definition does not make one definition more or less correct- perhaps, in the opinion of the dictionary, more common, but no less correct.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#35198 Aug 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lasers do not work when they are pointed at incoming missiles as promised by Reagan in his Star Wars dreams going back 25 and hundreds of billions of dollars ago.
And the earth is indeed round.
What you you suggest trying? A flyswatter?
The Earth is indeed round , but is that a concise exact and informative description? Round takes modifiers to describe it.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#35199 Aug 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Round: covers three dimensional objects, no matter how hard you pound your conically shaped head on the floor.
You're full of horse pucky round is a general description that can describe anything that has at least 1 circular dimension.
A donut is round , a wheel is round , a plate is round.
Is round a complete description of anything? NO

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#35200 Aug 10, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would normally only consider round to be a 2-dimensional descriptive, but Websters does in fact list (definition #5) round as being an appropriate noun to describe a sphere or a ball.
It's a sloppy use of words, but it does fit.

Websters is full of crap too , lol serious, here is the first definition of atheist in Webster's.

1. archaic : ungodliness, wickedness

Location hidden

#35201 Aug 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> What you you suggest trying? A flyswatter?
I would suggest (and said several times now) that spending 200 billion dollars for something that doesn't work doesn't make the USA any safer.

Once the USA figures out how (if it can ever figure out) how to use a laser (or parasitical beam or any other Star Wars toy) how to shoot down one of its own test missiles (that have in the past been painted red and in past test the people pulling the trigger know exactly when and where the missile has been fired): a belligerent will spend the $50 to paint their missiles a different color, to coat the nose cone with rubber, or to employ another low tech solution to foil the silly 25 year nonsense we know as SDI.

Maybe efforts should be made in keeping people from getting angry with the USA to fire missiles at us.

Just a thought.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#35202 Aug 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not in anyway sloppy, and round (as the quotes above) include definitions that place round as three dimensional shapes.
Putting aside where any one dictionary puts a definition does not make one definition more or less correct- perhaps, in the opinion of the dictionary, more common, but no less correct.
To a flat earther like you it makes sense.

Location hidden

#35203 Aug 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
Round takes modifiers to describe it.
Bullsh!t.

The round table cost $10.

Ah... as I recall. It might have cost around $10.

Location hidden

#35204 Aug 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You're full of horse pucky round is a general description that can describe anything that has at least 1 circular dimension.
I cannot interfere with your stupidity: it oozes out like a sh!t from the flaming bag on a porch step.

The earth has at least one 'circular' dimension.

As does a pizza.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#35205 Aug 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure the men lined up around the corner say the same about you, Sweetie.
You can be as sure of your guesswork as you feel you need to make you cream whan you masturbate. Remember it's not meant to be gritty

#35206 Aug 10, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna bet your post here will lead to 1 of 3 possibilities:
1. Some reference link to the Discovery Institute or other religulous propaganda.
2. Ad hominem attack
3. Totally ignore due cognitive dissonance, i.e., turn a blind eye
I’m betting on number 3 because he’s tried number 2 on me several times and does not like the consequences and number 1 is just laughed at

Location hidden

#35207 Aug 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be as sure of your guesswork as you feel you need to make you cream whan you masturbate.
I have to be the one to break it to you but persons with penises masturbate.

Not everyone with a mouth, however, applies it the way you do.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#35208 Aug 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh!t.
The round table cost $10.
Ah... as I recall. It might have cost around $10.
As I said round is a general description that can describe anything with at least 1 circular dimension. But it is not a accurate description and to fully describe anything it takes modifiers. Using a single word to describe a planet, sphere , globe and ball are better descriptions than round. Round is 1 dimension period.

For instance the Earth is shaped like a round.

Location hidden

#35209 Aug 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> As I said round is a general description that can describe
I am not interested in your definitions, I speak English better than do you and have already supplied the definition above.

Pearls before swine... I understand you have to continue talking.

#35210 Aug 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to be the one to break it to you but persons with penises masturbate.
Not everyone with a mouth, however, applies it the way you do.
So do people with clitorises, or is that something you were unaware of? I know your mum must have told you it was dirty and you would go to hell if you played with yourself but surely you must have the guilty secret… you must have tried it… just once?, Go on, you are kidding right… never… I am astounded, no wonder you are a frustrated and lonely old fart

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#35211 Aug 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's remember:****YOU**** were the one that contradicted me, BOOBY.
You should have known from past experience you must have been wrong before you cleared your throat.
I do remember that. I'm considering therapy.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#35212 Aug 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A billard ball is not as round as the Earth.
The earth is round.
(most) Balls are round.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
A football: not round.
BB: round.
Did you, like ... escape from the mathematical world of Flatland or something?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#35213 Aug 10, 2012
This comment was deleted by the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is there a happy ending to Chuck Schumer-Dick D... 8 min Le Jimbo 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Bluestater 1,216,700
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Dogen 159,649
News GOP 2016 hopefuls take aim at Hillary 11 min Go Blue Forever 4
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Political Traveler 309,608
News Hillary Clinton, the one candidate who could ta... 12 min Le Jimbo 10
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Demonicrats 178,124
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 24 min Valerie 323,266
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 6 hr Fa-Foxy 197
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 7 hr Bill Clinton 519
More from around the web