In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,713

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27192 Jul 18, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have a prior committment to god.
The Abrahamic god.
The one in the bible.
It's good you can make statements without the need for evidence.

Did you learn that from Imam IAnus?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27193 Jul 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.
I have to respond to this:
Bwahahahahahahaha!
OMG.
What's next? Evidence of the Easter bunny? Or finding out GWD was a reptile? Jellyfish trying to take over the world?
You want to stick with this post, or is it another of your mistakes like the one you denied when I called you on it?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#27194 Jul 18, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such statement there.
The only post from me on page 1311 is concerning Stephen Meyer.
Again, post where I said that reincarnation is a scientifically proven fact.
Or admit you lied.
(I already know you lied)
Wow, maybe it is some sort of mass delusion, because I am pretty sure you claim that there is 'scientific evidence for reincarnation'.

Of course, that is a stupid statement, hey Buckster?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#27195 Jul 18, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The trouble with the Big Bang is that it implies a creator.
So we know it cannot be real science.
Big Bang Theory is religion.
Haven't you read your own posts?
Can you only read Mexican now?
Wow.

'Evolution has no theoretical framework'

'Astrology is a valid scientific theory'

'Big Bang implies a creator'

Dammit Buck.

I am pretty aware of the low intellectual standards you set. I am pretty aware of how little you know of the topics you discuss. But damn... You stepped it up a notch.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#27196 Jul 18, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good you can make statements without the need for evidence.
Did you learn that from Imam IAnus?
Your creationist underbelly has been shown. Get over it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#27197 Jul 18, 2012
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think Brick and HK ever made it to 4th grade.........?
Much less outta it...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#27198 Jul 18, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good you can make statements without the need for evidence.
Did you learn that from Imam IAnus?
I have evidence.

You provided it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#27199 Jul 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehehe.
The most important fossil find in the entire evolutionary theory, methinks.
Having read up on it, I ain't arguing.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27200 Jul 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>

'Theory' has many applications. We are interested in the scientific one.
That was from a biology research journal.

Your ass is handed to you.

You are reduced to wisecracks.

It's an interesting study - what Darwinists do when I prove them wrong. Imam IAnus responds by saying he lost interest. Hiding responds by changing her statements and denying she made the original one. You respond with wisecracks which you think are funny, but are not at all.

Another psychological observation. You guys on here cannot compete with the likes of Michael Behe or myself, either intellectually or scientifically. So you have to resort to non-substantive ridicule. I might read up on the science of psychology to determine what pathology makes you do that. I might be able to help you.

I am open to a substantive, relevant response to the demonstration of Behe being correct on all points at Kitzmiller.

Be aware, if it is a lie or a wisecrack, as is your habit, I will likely not respond, since I have owned you in these exchanges.

And you never thanked me for providing a valid falsification for whale lineage, which you obviously could not do.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27201 Jul 18, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I have evidence.
You provided it.
If so, you keep it close to the vest.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#27202 Jul 18, 2012
Very happy Birthday to Nelson Mandela!

In SA, we celebrate his birthday/legacy by donating 67 minutes to public service, be it working at a soup kitchen for the homeless, visiting cancer patients, or simply picking up garbage in the neighbourhood.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/ilive/2012/07/18/m...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27203 Jul 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your creationist underbelly has been shown. Get over it.
See what I mean?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27204 Jul 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
'Evolution has no theoretical framework'
'Astrology is a valid scientific theory'
'Big Bang implies a creator'
Dammit Buck.
I am pretty aware of the low intellectual standards you set. I am pretty aware of how little you know of the topics you discuss. But damn... You stepped it up a notch.
See what I mean?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#27205 Jul 18, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Having read up on it, I ain't arguing.
That was during the Devonian extinction - one of the mass extinctions.

Evolution seems to go into overdrive at the brink of chaos, methinks.

You see the same with other extinctions:

- Devonian extinction brought forth Tiktaalik, meaning kingdom Animalia conquered the land

- Permian/Triassic brought forth Archosaurs as the dominant species

- Triassic/Jurassic extinction brought forth the dominance of the dinosaurs

- K-T extinction brought forth the reign of social animals, mammalia

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27206 Jul 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, maybe it is some sort of mass delusion, because I am pretty sure you claim that there is 'scientific evidence for reincarnation'.
Of course, that is a stupid statement, hey Buckster?
What I said:

'scientific evidence for reincarnation'

What she said I said:

'reincarnation is a scientifically proven fact'

Double Dumb, do you notice any difference in these two statements?

I know you claimed that every different definition of theory means the same thing, except for Behe's. Maybe this explains it.

But even you should see this distinction.

Too much gay music and porn?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#27207 Jul 18, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
Darwinism requires that the eye formed unguided and independently at least 40 times. In the study of statistics, the chance of that happening is far beyond what is agreed to be impossible.

But it's considered scientific fact.

You have a god need that deforms your thinking. What you consider impossible is anything that challenges that. Your uncorroborated data and conclusions cannot be trusted.

The scientists and mathematicians not only say that unguided evolution is possible, but also that there is no evidence for anything else.

Sorry to be the one to have to tell you this again, but nobody's arguing these issues except theists. The educated skeptics are mostly in agreement: the theory of evolution is correct in the main, and theistic objections are dishonest, and can be ignored.

You people don't seems to care about anything except justifying your god delusions. You don't care what damage you do in the process. You've set up think tanks to generate your propaganda and to inculcate it into young minds, and America is now a laughingstock, Hidingfromyou's evolution students hearing about Americans, to Behe featured on the Nova special on Kitzmiller, the world sees what American Christianity is doing to American children. You might as well just hit them in the head with a club.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27208 Jul 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
Very happy Birthday to Nelson Mandela!
In SA, we celebrate his birthday/legacy by donating 67 minutes to public service, be it working at a soup kitchen for the homeless, visiting cancer patients, or simply picking up garbage in the neighbourhood.
http://www.timeslive.co.za/ilive/2012/07/18/m...
Or buy some of the rights to video of his funeral being sold to highest bidders.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#27209 Jul 18, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That was from a biology research journal.
Your ass is handed to you.
You are reduced to wisecracks.
It's an interesting study - what Darwinists do when I prove them wrong. Imam IAnus responds by saying he lost interest. Hiding responds by changing her statements and denying she made the original one. You respond with wisecracks which you think are funny, but are not at all.
Another psychological observation. You guys on here cannot compete with the likes of Michael Behe or myself, either intellectually or scientifically. So you have to resort to non-substantive ridicule. I might read up on the science of psychology to determine what pathology makes you do that. I might be able to help you.
I am open to a substantive, relevant response to the demonstration of Behe being correct on all points at Kitzmiller.
Be aware, if it is a lie or a wisecrack, as is your habit, I will likely not respond, since I have owned you in these exchanges.
And you never thanked me for providing a valid falsification for whale lineage, which you obviously could not do.
Buck, honestly, there is nothing to gain from any argument with you. The only reson I do so, is because I have large parts of slow going at work (some of it simple procrastination).

The fact is, it is impossible to have any argument with you, about anything related to natural science.

Your affirming of really stupid ideas such as 'Astrology is a valid theory','whale evolution has been falsified without fossil evidence','Big Bang implies a creator''Evolution has no framework' etc only shows that either 1) You are just as bored as us and trying to kill the time by making stupid arguments, or 2) you really have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't really care to enter those discussions with you, much like I don't care to engage the man at the old age home about his claims that he was taken away by a space ship.

I resort to wisecracks, because when someone like you is trying to present a scientific argument, it is kind of like watching a monkey fuck a doorknob.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27210 Jul 18, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a god need that deforms your thinking. What you consider impossible is anything that challenges that. Your uncorroborated data and conclusions cannot be trusted.
The scientists and mathematicians not only say that unguided evolution is possible, but also that there is no evidence for anything else.
Sorry to be the one to have to tell you this again, but nobody's arguing these issues except theists. The educated skeptics are mostly in agreement: the theory of evolution is correct in the main, and theistic objections are dishonest, and can be ignored.
You people don't seems to care about anything except justifying your god delusions. You don't care what damage you do in the process. You've set up think tanks to generate your propaganda and to inculcate it into young minds, and America is now a laughingstock, Hidingfromyou's evolution students hearing about Americans, to Behe featured on the Nova special on Kitzmiller, the world sees what American Christianity is doing to American children. You might as well just hit them in the head with a club.
I made no claim that unguided evolution is NOT possible.

And statistics is not a religious field.

You are arguing the issue, albeit poorly and incompetently, but claim it is only argued by theists.

You are incoherent.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27211 Jul 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck, honestly, there is nothing to gain from any argument with you. The only reson I do so, is because I have large parts of slow going at work (some of it simple procrastination).
The fact is, it is impossible to have any argument with you, about anything related to natural science.
Your affirming of really stupid ideas such as 'Astrology is a valid theory','whale evolution has been falsified without fossil evidence','Big Bang implies a creator''Evolution has no framework' etc only shows that either 1) You are just as bored as us and trying to kill the time by making stupid arguments, or 2) you really have no idea what you are talking about.
I don't really care to enter those discussions with you, much like I don't care to engage the man at the old age home about his claims that he was taken away by a space ship.
I resort to wisecracks, because when someone like you is trying to present a scientific argument, it is kind of like watching a monkey fuck a doorknob.
Oh, so now you are losing interest?

"Hey IAnus. He's stealing from you!"

Bwahahhaahahahahahahhahaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min OzRitz 50,471
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min you have 168,646
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 17 min Pietro Armando 57,299
Boehnera s invitation to Netanyahu backfires on... 18 min barefoot2626 54
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 19 min Agents of Corruption 305,542
Climate change scientists predicted monster sto... 24 min Fair Game 19
Erdogan invites Armenian leader to join Gallipo... 1 hr blablabla 184
Sarah Palin and her onetime fans on the right: ... 1 hr Bob 148
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 1 hr Your Ex 778
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr American Citizen 1,174,241
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Can't Contain Excitement ... 2 hr mjjcpa 69
More from around the web