In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

#20988 Jun 27, 2012
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
80 percent of americans believe that god created man specially and different from the animals but 36 percent of americans believe intelligent aliens travelled millions of light years to visit earth. Try to figure that one out.
<quoted text>
I'm sure your grand children will enjoy the home videos of you in the back yard.
<quoted text>
So do 99 % of the humans on the planet.
YOu do realize, don't you, that when research is done on claims like this there is almost always some sort of empirical evidence available for testing. Why is it, in the year 2012, with cell phones and GPS chips that no one, NO ONE, has been able to pinpoint the exact location of a bigfoot sighting so that a hair, or some other sort of DNA sample can be gathered? Hell, even a footprint could yield skin cells that could be tested.
You have one of those minds that is so open that your brains have fallen out. You will believe anything if it conforms to your idea of big science and the conspiracy to hide 'real' evidence. Go play in your sandbox, child, and leave life to adults.
I live in one of the U.F.O hotspots in the U.S in the Hudson valley.
I also live near CT which is a demonic & spirit hotspot in the U.S

So I really do live in an area that is a peak hotspot in America for paranormal.

It is very common for people here to speak of the paranormal.

There was a girl here who was traumatized as a girl when she saw little aliens go through her backyard at night.

Another of my friends saw an alien walk down the road.

So many people have seen U.F.O's

Most people I speak with have seen a U.F.O or have family members that have.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#20989 Jun 27, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah stars & planets as well as the moon & sun go across the sky in the same pattern from East to West pattern.
This was traveling to the South East.
It does not fix the patterns.
Actually planets also have retrograde motion as their orbits around the sun and our orbit around the sun produce some interesting angles.

Polar orbits are typical of spy satellites. These are large satellites in low orbit and can easily be seen with the naked eye in the right circumstances. ISS, Hubble, and other large satellites also usually appear to be polar, or close to it, so their track is NE to SW or SE to NW.

These large satellites will reflect sunlight and appear as large moving stars when viewed going over right after dark or right before sunrise. Basically, whenever you are in the darkness (umbra) and they are still in full sunlight (or at least penumbra if they are big enough).

There are a number of websites and phone apps that will track and let you know when these objects are visible at you lat./long.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#20990 Jun 27, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
So I really do live in an area that is a peak hotspot in America for paranormal.
There was a girl here who was traumatized as a girl when she saw little aliens go through her backyard at night.
Has it occurred to you that since you believe all this nonsense, and freely and openly talk about it, that other flies are attracted to the s**t?

Why is it that NONE of my friends have ever hinted at such things? Must be because I'm close minded, right? LOL

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#20991 Jun 27, 2012
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm...orbital speeds vary, as do the angles and directions of orbits.
LEOs (Low Earth Orbit objects) typically go from horizon to horizon in about 10 minutes, even when crossing zenith.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#20992 Jun 27, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a camera phone. UFOs and ETs are obviously allergic to camera phones.

It's kinda like the reason vampires don't hang out around people with crosses ... they're allergic to BS.

Brewster, NY

#20993 Jun 27, 2012
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you triangulate the movements and plot them to determine the distance from your location? How did you do this? If you did, did you calculate the size of the object and determine its the magnitude of its brightness, and the energy that would be required to create that magnitude? Did you calculate the distance moved and the acceleration and velocities involved? If you did, were the forces generated within the guidelines of what we know biological life forms to be able to tolerate? Did you apply any thought at all to this observation? Or did you simply have a fundie orgasm?
I actually saw this when I was an Atheist BTW.
Just before I was too young to legally drink (Which started by bar & alcohol phase)
Just a few years after I quite smoking marijuana & ciggarettes.
It was a period when I did no alcohol, marijauna or ciggarettes for a few years.
I was actually quite striaght edge at this time. I ate the healthiest in my life.
I mostly went to the gym & lifted weights & was when I was in college & had close contacts to many people & friends. etc

I was an Agnostic Atheist at this time I guess. I was an Atheist & didn't believe god existed.
I was very slightly Agnostic because I thought a tiny chance of god existing.

Since then I have become more of just an Agnostic.

I have come to the conclusion that the Universe seems as if it could almost have life to it.

The more I have thought about it the more I think Atheism doesn't have perfect anwsers either.

Some parts of Atheism I have pondered to be rather illogical too. Like how nothing created a semi functioning Universe that has semi patterns & that keeps from self destruction & by chance just created life.

I am not an Atheist anymore. I would just consider myself Agnostic.

I sure have never been a fundamentalist.

I always thought creationism was a joke.
I was raised catholic & even questioned it as a kid. I even at like 4 years old would say dad what if there is no afterlife or god?
So for me I have always been semi Agnostic.

I remember at like age 7 I would pray to go & saw nothing. I was almost angry at god.
At the same time kind of didn't believe in god.

I was really an Agnostic theist then I guess.

Became Atheist over time & now just completely Agnostic.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#20994 Jun 27, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
It came up over the mountain about 12 am. By about 4 am it was about maybe 1/8th across the sky.
MOVING TO THE SOUTH EAST.
Not West like stars, planets, moon, sun ect move in the sky towards the WEST.
If anything it moved about half the speed even a star does.
Because the mountain view was directly North about 12 am. So it did not start directly in the West or East
by 4 am it had moved had moved perhaps half way between the mountain & the eastern horizon.
It is VERY difficult to figure out because it was moving South East.
If it was moving East it would be easier to tell.
The way it was moving it started on the North mountain horizon around 12 am & about 4 am about 1/3rd of the way towards the South East horizon.
Which then fog & clouds covered it up.
Which in it's self was ODD.
I actually called my dad up & ODDLY while I called my dad up to come see it.
A cat was watching me & following me UP THE ROAD as I was walking.
Then as soon as my dad came 2 minutes later.
It was completely covered in fog & clouds.
When it was clear when I called.
The whole thing is WEIRD.
Right before I called my dad & right before the fog & clouds covered it in maybe 2 minutes.
I saw big strange crafts moving low with blinking red lights. I don't know WHAT it was.
It seemed like an advanced miltary craft.
As soon as the craft moved through the fog appeared & the U.F.O disappeared.
It was very very very weird.
I saw during this time some other very low & strange advanced miltary jets with red blinking lights too they were very low. One went over head the next night & was barely above the trees & had ALMOST no sound.
The whole thing isn't that out of the ordinary for some U.F.O / E.T events.
There are cases reported of U.F.O's that hide into fog to hide themselves.
Cases of aliens that shapeshift into cats.
I have no idea WTF was going on. There was certainly something very very strange.
For about a week there at night there was a lot of strange things going on.
This is also when I heard the strange shrieks & giant flapping wings in the woods moving around.
The whole thing was WERID. The air almost felt heavy during this weak when all kinds of strange stuff happened.
I saw weird miltary jets moving in lines even with those same red blinking lights.
The air felt heavy like there was something weird. I can't explain it.
About a week later the heavy air settled to normal, The miltary red light advanced planes were gone.
The U.F.O's I had seen nightly were gone.
The weird shrieks & flapping were gone.
After that I stopped my nightly paranormal hunts for these things because then nothing happen.
The whole thing was very very very weird.
People describe this sort of thing with it. As a chain of things that happen with multiple paranormal activiites & then just stop
Sounds like you were tracking a comm satellite. They meander in a figure 8 pattern over the period of 6 months or more. They're geosynchronous so they'd be pretty faint except in very, very dark skies. Back country mountains on moonless nights would be about right. Even with a good angle for sunlight reflection off of one of these, the apparent magnitude probably would be around 4-5, which would make it a pretty dim star.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#20995 Jun 27, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually saw this when I was an Atheist BTW.
Just before I was too young to legally drink (Which started by bar & alcohol phase)
Just a few years after I quite smoking marijuana & ciggarettes.
It was a period when I did no alcohol, marijauna or ciggarettes for a few years.
I was actually quite striaght edge at this time. I ate the healthiest in my life.
I mostly went to the gym & lifted weights & was when I was in college & had close contacts to many people & friends. etc
I was an Agnostic Atheist at this time I guess. I was an Atheist & didn't believe god existed.
I was very slightly Agnostic because I thought a tiny chance of god existing.
Since then I have become more of just an Agnostic.
I have come to the conclusion that the Universe seems as if it could almost have life to it.
The more I have thought about it the more I think Atheism doesn't have perfect anwsers either.
Some parts of Atheism I have pondered to be rather illogical too. Like how nothing created a semi functioning Universe that has semi patterns & that keeps from self destruction & by chance just created life.
I am not an Atheist anymore. I would just consider myself Agnostic.
I sure have never been a fundamentalist.
I always thought creationism was a joke.
I was raised catholic & even questioned it as a kid. I even at like 4 years old would say dad what if there is no afterlife or god?
So for me I have always been semi Agnostic.
I remember at like age 7 I would pray to go & saw nothing. I was almost angry at god.
At the same time kind of didn't believe in god.
I was really an Agnostic theist then I guess.
Became Atheist over time & now just completely Agnostic.
Atheism is the lack of belief in gods. Atheism is not a cosmological position on the cause of the universe. Atheism is not the denial of as-yet unexplained phenomena. Atheism does not promise 'perfect answers'. Atheism does not claim the universe has patterns that prevent self-destruction, or that it was created by 'chance'(and neither do sentient scientists). Atheism does not care whether you prefer MacDonalds of Burger King. Atheism does not like baseball more than football.

Are you really so f**king retarded that you think atheism is anything other than lack of belief in your fairy tales?
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#20996 Jun 27, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a camera phone. UFOs and ETs are obviously allergic to camera phones.
It's kinda like the reason vampires don't hang out around people with crosses ... they're allergic to BS.
Also, remember that bigfoot carries bison hairs with him and drops them on the ground to fool forensic scientists.

Brewster, NY

#20997 Jun 27, 2012
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
80 percent of americans believe that god created man specially and different from the animals but 36 percent of americans believe intelligent aliens travelled millions of light years to visit earth. Try to figure that one out.
<quoted text>
I'm sure your grand children will enjoy the home videos of you in the back yard.
<quoted text>
So do 99 % of the humans on the planet.
YOu do realize, don't you, that when research is done on claims like this there is almost always some sort of empirical evidence available for testing. Why is it, in the year 2012, with cell phones and GPS chips that no one, NO ONE, has been able to pinpoint the exact location of a bigfoot sighting so that a hair, or some other sort of DNA sample can be gathered? Hell, even a footprint could yield skin cells that could be tested.
You have one of those minds that is so open that your brains have fallen out. You will believe anything if it conforms to your idea of big science and the conspiracy to hide 'real' evidence. Go play in your sandbox, child, and leave life to adults.
What is this? You act like if you believe paranormal, afterlife, aliens etc may exist that you must believe in god.

WTF?
Some of the Atheists on here I notice go against their very arguments.

They believe life just came to be.

That some how an afterlife, ghosts,aliens, bigfoot couldn't have just come to be.

Like for an afterlife, ghosts, aliens or bigfoot there must be a god!

For life there doesn't have to be a god?

I have seen a few on here say I think Aliens MAY have had a hand in creating us.

Then a few people said who made Aliens? As if Aliens couldn't have happened by chance without a god?

But for some reason Humans came to chance without god?

The whole thing shows how contrary to your own beliefs many Atheists are.

If you ask me some of you here almost seem like Homosexuals who got their feelings by religion & became Atheists because of that.

Brewster, NY

#20998 Jun 27, 2012
Actual the very topic here seems like that of a Homosexual.

Homosexual in the closet?
Atheist in the closet?

WTF? Who cares I was an Atheist & I never CARED about it.

Some of you obviously are deep Atheists who seem hurt by religion.

Brewster, NY

#20999 Jun 27, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you were tracking a comm satellite. They meander in a figure 8 pattern over the period of 6 months or more. They're geosynchronous so they'd be pretty faint except in very, very dark skies. Back country mountains on moonless nights would be about right. Even with a good angle for sunlight reflection off of one of these, the apparent magnitude probably would be around 4-5, which would make it a pretty dim star.
It was extremely extremely bright.
About as bright as Venus appears.
It glowed seperate colors like some stars do. Like you would see it almost twinkle with shades of moslty White with some blue red & maybe yellow overtones.

It was way bigger than a satelite.

I have seen satelites in the sky & they are small.

This was big about 6 times the size of satelites I have seen in the sky.

Brewster, NY

#21000 Jun 27, 2012
Really I would have certainly thought this thing was a star.
If it was heading West most certainly.

Not with it moving South East.

No way. No stars do that. No planets do this.

No sort of human craft I know does this. Helicopters & Planes can't move this slow.

Satelites move fast & are much smaller & not as bright.

IDK it was truly a U.F.O

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#21001 Jun 27, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
There is still no proof of Hitler's death.
It is like Hitler was a phantom of history.
You never can tell, it might have been Hitler under that root. It fits just about every possible paranormal explanation that could be given. Ghosts, pent up residual Nazi energy manifestation, it might have been the juggernaut swastika spinning across the ethereal plane and when it merged with our reality, the root was in it's way. Hitler might have been time travelling in one of the craft he borrowed from the hollow earth denizens that he was sure was there. Maybe Eva Braun .....you get the picture.

Because, MAAAN, it's just TOO crazy to think a tree root could do anything like that, naturally.

BTW..maybe I missed where you explained this. You said you and your friend ran, didn't tarry. You gtfo.

How did you know it was a root again?

Also, why would a spirit, ghost, energy etc...use a root?

I would imagine the energy needed to break a root and fling dirt in your face consumed far more energy than just tossing a proverbial netherworld dirt clod at you.

Brewster, NY

#21002 Jun 27, 2012
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, remember that bigfoot carries bison hairs with him and drops them on the ground to fool forensic scientists.
Forensics?
You do know we still don't have a real fossil record of chimpanzees or gorillas right?

Actually Gorillas & even Congo pygmies were considered pygmies in the 20th century!

We have recently found new hominids like Denisova hominid & Floresiensis.

Floresiensis I think could be Orang Pendek as it is small & similar to Orang Pendek sightings.

Floresiensis was found in the area of Orang Pendek sightings.

Coelacanth was thought to be extinct for 65 million years untill rather recently.
Only a hand full were found.

The fossil evidence supported that
Coelacanth was extinct for 65 million years

Yet we found a living
Coelacanth

Brewster, NY

#21003 Jun 27, 2012
I mean Gorillas & Pygmies were considerd Cryptids untill rather recently!

We found Gorillas & yet we still cant' find any real fossil record of Gorillas.

Maybe just recently we have started to find little bits of fossil records of chimpanzees & gorillas.

But of course they don't exist!

Because the fossil evidence supports against it!

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#21004 Jun 27, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this? You act like if you believe paranormal, afterlife, aliens etc may exist that you must believe in god.
WTF?
Some of the Atheists on here I notice go against their very arguments.
They believe life just came to be.
That some how an afterlife, ghosts,aliens, bigfoot couldn't have just come to be.
Like for an afterlife, ghosts, aliens or bigfoot there must be a god!
For life there doesn't have to be a god?
I have seen a few on here say I think Aliens MAY have had a hand in creating us.
Then a few people said who made Aliens? As if Aliens couldn't have happened by chance without a god?
But for some reason Humans came to chance without god?
The whole thing shows how contrary to your own beliefs many Atheists are.
If you ask me some of you here almost seem like Homosexuals who got their feelings by religion & became Atheists because of that.
What say you? Criss Angel .... Real Wizardô... or no ?

Brewster, NY

#21005 Jun 27, 2012
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Native Americans spoke of bigfoot.

Sumerians spoke of a bigfoot like creature

Vikings when they came to America spoke of a giant hairy hominid that smelled really bad.

Of course Native Americans are short & can barely grow any hair.

Some of the earliest explorers in North America spoke of bigfoot.

Even one explorer was captured by a bigfoot.

The Patterson bigfoot video has been studied & can't even be replicated with modern technology. With the Patterson bigfoot's mouth moving, facial muscles moving.
With a gait walk that even trained athletes can't replicate.
Even hollywood movie specialists today say they couldn't replicate or would have extreme difficulty to replicate such a realistic bigfoot as the Patterson video.
The bigfoot in had huge long arms like a primate.
Even had a buldge in it's leg that moved.

Brewster, NY

#21006 Jun 27, 2012
Nontheist wrote:
<quoted text>
What say you? Criss Angel .... Real Wizardô... or no ?
Creation of life & human life = Chance

Possibility of paranormal aliens, ghosts, afterlife, bigfoot etc = God exists!

See because life happens by chance!

You would need some kind of god for there to be aliens, ghosts, an afterlife or bigfoot!

Because those can't happen by chance!

Only human life that we know happens by chance without a god!

Brewster, NY

#21007 Jun 27, 2012
Nontheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You never can tell, it might have been Hitler under that root. It fits just about every possible paranormal explanation that could be given. Ghosts, pent up residual Nazi energy manifestation, it might have been the juggernaut swastika spinning across the ethereal plane and when it merged with our reality, the root was in it's way. Hitler might have been time travelling in one of the craft he borrowed from the hollow earth denizens that he was sure was there. Maybe Eva Braun .....you get the picture.
Because, MAAAN, it's just TOO crazy to think a tree root could do anything like that, naturally.
BTW..maybe I missed where you explained this. You said you and your friend ran, didn't tarry. You gtfo.
How did you know it was a root again?
Also, why would a spirit, ghost, energy etc...use a root?
I would imagine the energy needed to break a root and fling dirt in your face consumed far more energy than just tossing a proverbial netherworld dirt clod at you.
No your mom was under the dirt having sex with a corpse under a grave stone.

When she orgasmed & grabbed onto a root out of orgasm passion breaking the root out of the ground.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Obama, a good December, but hard choices li... 4 min Big Dirty Rats 9
Obama: Keystone benefits for U.S. consumers, wo... 6 min Le Duped 45
Activists try to rile up Chris Christie, pile u... 7 min Le Duped 9
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Low Plains Sodbus... 165,499
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 7 min xxxrayted 286
Republicans preparing 2015 immigration legislation 8 min miriamcockrell48 85
After CIA torture report: rebuilding a culture ... 9 min dollarsbill 115
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min woodtick57 293,176
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 22 min xxxrayted 707
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 48 min scirocco 1,154,093
More from around the web