In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 1,017)

Showing posts 20,321 - 20,340 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20978
Jun 27, 2012
 
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. He's hanging out with Elvis and bigfoot. They went to Loch Ness for a vacation.
The Patterson bigfoot video has been reviewed by many who think it is real.

It's mouth moved, It's muscles moved. It has ape like proportions like long arms.

It has a gait that couldn't even be replicated by trained athletes.

No I AM NOT CERTAIN that Bigfoot exists.

I don't rule it out either.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20979
Jun 27, 2012
 
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
A simple review of the Star gate project shows it proves ESP.
These Psychics knew things they couldn't have known by chance.
A study funded by the uber-religious Templeton foundation showed that cardiac patients receiving intercessory prayer did WORSE than a control group. Does that one study prove that prayer does not work? Does it prove there is no god? Does it prove that there is a god that hates cardiac patients who receive prayers?

One study. Are you willing to apply the same reasoning to that study that you did to the Stargate ejaculation, I mean, project?

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20980
Jun 27, 2012
 
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. He's hanging out with Elvis and bigfoot. They went to Loch Ness for a vacation.
There is no evidence of Hitler's death.

As I already said the skull the Soviets thought to be Hitler's turned out to be a female skull with female haplogroup X.

Which means there is no proof of Hitler's death.

Do some research.

It doesn't seem like you research much of anything.

The more I research the paranormal the more I think it likely exists.

So many cases I have seen of people like you who were certain the paranormal didn't exist.

Then as soon as they experienced the paranormal then they were believers.

I have NEVER been critical of people who claimed to see paranormal activity.

Ih ave always thought there was a possibility for things beyond our understanding.

All the time we humans think we are at the pinnacle of understanding & then we find out we are wrong.

Even the Ancient Greeks knew that true wisdom is knowing that we know nothing.

i agree with that. I do think we know very little still actually.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20981
Jun 27, 2012
 
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah stars & planets as well as the moon & sun go across the sky in the same pattern from East to West pattern.
This was traveling to the South East.
It does not fix the patterns.
Did you triangulate the movements and plot them to determine the distance from your location? How did you do this? If you did, did you calculate the size of the object and determine its the magnitude of its brightness, and the energy that would be required to create that magnitude? Did you calculate the distance moved and the acceleration and velocities involved? If you did, were the forces generated within the guidelines of what we know biological life forms to be able to tolerate? Did you apply any thought at all to this observation? Or did you simply have a fundie orgasm?
IRYW

Malvern, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20982
Jun 27, 2012
 
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously do no research on paranormal..
You haven't even defined paranormal, brain trust.

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20983
Jun 27, 2012
 
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
A study funded by the uber-religious Templeton foundation showed that cardiac patients receiving intercessory prayer did WORSE than a control group. Does that one study prove that prayer does not work? Does it prove there is no god? Does it prove that there is a god that hates cardiac patients who receive prayers?
One study. Are you willing to apply the same reasoning to that study that you did to the Stargate ejaculation, I mean, project?
Bugoslaw Lipinski's study showed increaed ionization in the air during prayer services during church.

NO I don't think this proves god.
(I know I have to be very clear & specific with you because you clearly tend to get one track minded super anal & OCD on one little part of what I ever I said COULD be.

I think Bugoslaw Lipinski's increased ionization doesn't prove god.

That it COULD be that prayer of many in church might cause increases in energy between people.

Which may explain why many people do stay religious & feel something out of church.

I personally have not.

There have been other experiments with increases in energy during huge social events & even before 9/11
IRYW

Malvern, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20984
Jun 27, 2012
 
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
The Patterson bigfoot video has been reviewed by many who think it is real..
80 percent of americans believe that god created man specially and different from the animals but 36 percent of americans believe intelligent aliens travelled millions of light years to visit earth. Try to figure that one out.
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<.
It's mouth moved, It's muscles moved. It has ape like proportions like long arms..
I'm sure your grand children will enjoy the home videos of you in the back yard.
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<.
It has a gait that couldn't even be replicated by trained athletes..
So do 99 % of the humans on the planet.

YOu do realize, don't you, that when research is done on claims like this there is almost always some sort of empirical evidence available for testing. Why is it, in the year 2012, with cell phones and GPS chips that no one, NO ONE, has been able to pinpoint the exact location of a bigfoot sighting so that a hair, or some other sort of DNA sample can be gathered? Hell, even a footprint could yield skin cells that could be tested.

You have one of those minds that is so open that your brains have fallen out. You will believe anything if it conforms to your idea of big science and the conspiracy to hide 'real' evidence. Go play in your sandbox, child, and leave life to adults.

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20985
Jun 27, 2012
 
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you triangulate the movements and plot them to determine the distance from your location? How did you do this? If you did, did you calculate the size of the object and determine its the magnitude of its brightness, and the energy that would be required to create that magnitude? Did you calculate the distance moved and the acceleration and velocities involved? If you did, were the forces generated within the guidelines of what we know biological life forms to be able to tolerate? Did you apply any thought at all to this observation? Or did you simply have a fundie orgasm?
It came up over the mountain about 12 am. By about 4 am it was about maybe 1/8th across the sky.
MOVING TO THE SOUTH EAST.
Not West like stars, planets, moon, sun ect move in the sky towards the WEST.

If anything it moved about half the speed even a star does.

Because the mountain view was directly North about 12 am. So it did not start directly in the West or East

by 4 am it had moved had moved perhaps half way between the mountain & the eastern horizon.

It is VERY difficult to figure out because it was moving South East.
If it was moving East it would be easier to tell.

The way it was moving it started on the North mountain horizon around 12 am & about 4 am about 1/3rd of the way towards the South East horizon.

Which then fog & clouds covered it up.

Which in it's self was ODD.

I actually called my dad up & ODDLY while I called my dad up to come see it.
A cat was watching me & following me UP THE ROAD as I was walking.

Then as soon as my dad came 2 minutes later.

It was completely covered in fog & clouds.

When it was clear when I called.

The whole thing is WEIRD.

Right before I called my dad & right before the fog & clouds covered it in maybe 2 minutes.

I saw big strange crafts moving low with blinking red lights. I don't know WHAT it was.
It seemed like an advanced miltary craft.
As soon as the craft moved through the fog appeared & the U.F.O disappeared.

It was very very very weird.
I saw during this time some other very low & strange advanced miltary jets with red blinking lights too they were very low. One went over head the next night & was barely above the trees & had ALMOST no sound.

The whole thing isn't that out of the ordinary for some U.F.O / E.T events.

There are cases reported of U.F.O's that hide into fog to hide themselves.
Cases of aliens that shapeshift into cats.

I have no idea WTF was going on. There was certainly something very very strange.

For about a week there at night there was a lot of strange things going on.
This is also when I heard the strange shrieks & giant flapping wings in the woods moving around.

The whole thing was WERID. The air almost felt heavy during this weak when all kinds of strange stuff happened.

I saw weird miltary jets moving in lines even with those same red blinking lights.

The air felt heavy like there was something weird. I can't explain it.
About a week later the heavy air settled to normal, The miltary red light advanced planes were gone.
The U.F.O's I had seen nightly were gone.
The weird shrieks & flapping were gone.

After that I stopped my nightly paranormal hunts for these things because then nothing happen.

The whole thing was very very very weird.

People describe this sort of thing with it. As a chain of things that happen with multiple paranormal activiites & then just stop
1 post removed

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20987
Jun 27, 2012
 
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you triangulate the movements and plot them to determine the distance from your location? How did you do this? If you did, did you calculate the size of the object and determine its the magnitude of its brightness, and the energy that would be required to create that magnitude? Did you calculate the distance moved and the acceleration and velocities involved? If you did, were the forces generated within the guidelines of what we know biological life forms to be able to tolerate? Did you apply any thought at all to this observation? Or did you simply have a fundie orgasm?
When I was observing these lights I saw some guys about my age.

i said see that light over the mountain it is a U.F.O they saw it.

The one guy said I saw a flying saucer go over tonight in this very area.

It only supports my notion that weird things were going on in this area for a week or 2.

These 2 guys seeing the object supports it is real what I saw.

Their account of seeing a flying saucer U.F.O go around this area that night also supports that there was some sort of prescence around the area during this time.

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20988
Jun 27, 2012
 
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
80 percent of americans believe that god created man specially and different from the animals but 36 percent of americans believe intelligent aliens travelled millions of light years to visit earth. Try to figure that one out.
<quoted text>
I'm sure your grand children will enjoy the home videos of you in the back yard.
<quoted text>
So do 99 % of the humans on the planet.
YOu do realize, don't you, that when research is done on claims like this there is almost always some sort of empirical evidence available for testing. Why is it, in the year 2012, with cell phones and GPS chips that no one, NO ONE, has been able to pinpoint the exact location of a bigfoot sighting so that a hair, or some other sort of DNA sample can be gathered? Hell, even a footprint could yield skin cells that could be tested.
You have one of those minds that is so open that your brains have fallen out. You will believe anything if it conforms to your idea of big science and the conspiracy to hide 'real' evidence. Go play in your sandbox, child, and leave life to adults.
I live in one of the U.F.O hotspots in the U.S in the Hudson valley.
I also live near CT which is a demonic & spirit hotspot in the U.S

So I really do live in an area that is a peak hotspot in America for paranormal.

It is very common for people here to speak of the paranormal.

There was a girl here who was traumatized as a girl when she saw little aliens go through her backyard at night.

Another of my friends saw an alien walk down the road.

So many people have seen U.F.O's

Most people I speak with have seen a U.F.O or have family members that have.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20989
Jun 27, 2012
 
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah stars & planets as well as the moon & sun go across the sky in the same pattern from East to West pattern.
This was traveling to the South East.
It does not fix the patterns.
Actually planets also have retrograde motion as their orbits around the sun and our orbit around the sun produce some interesting angles.

Polar orbits are typical of spy satellites. These are large satellites in low orbit and can easily be seen with the naked eye in the right circumstances. ISS, Hubble, and other large satellites also usually appear to be polar, or close to it, so their track is NE to SW or SE to NW.

These large satellites will reflect sunlight and appear as large moving stars when viewed going over right after dark or right before sunrise. Basically, whenever you are in the darkness (umbra) and they are still in full sunlight (or at least penumbra if they are big enough).

There are a number of websites and phone apps that will track and let you know when these objects are visible at you lat./long.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20990
Jun 27, 2012
 
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in one of the U.F.O hotspots in the U.S in the Hudson valley.
I also live near CT which is a demonic & spirit hotspot in the U.S
So I really do live in an area that is a peak hotspot in America for paranormal.
It is very common for people here to speak of the paranormal.
There was a girl here who was traumatized as a girl when she saw little aliens go through her backyard at night.
Another of my friends saw an alien walk down the road.
So many people have seen U.F.O's
Most people I speak with have seen a U.F.O or have family members that have.
Has it occurred to you that since you believe all this nonsense, and freely and openly talk about it, that other flies are attracted to the s**t?

Why is it that NONE of my friends have ever hinted at such things? Must be because I'm close minded, right? LOL

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20991
Jun 27, 2012
 
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm...orbital speeds vary, as do the angles and directions of orbits.
LEOs (Low Earth Orbit objects) typically go from horizon to horizon in about 10 minutes, even when crossing zenith.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20992
Jun 27, 2012
 
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in one of the U.F.O hotspots in the U.S in the Hudson valley.
I also live near CT which is a demonic & spirit hotspot in the U.S
So I really do live in an area that is a peak hotspot in America for paranormal.
It is very common for people here to speak of the paranormal.
There was a girl here who was traumatized as a girl when she saw little aliens go through her backyard at night.
Another of my friends saw an alien walk down the road.
So many people have seen U.F.O's
Most people I speak with have seen a U.F.O or have family members that have.
Get a camera phone. UFOs and ETs are obviously allergic to camera phones.

It's kinda like the reason vampires don't hang out around people with crosses ... they're allergic to BS.

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20993
Jun 27, 2012
 
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you triangulate the movements and plot them to determine the distance from your location? How did you do this? If you did, did you calculate the size of the object and determine its the magnitude of its brightness, and the energy that would be required to create that magnitude? Did you calculate the distance moved and the acceleration and velocities involved? If you did, were the forces generated within the guidelines of what we know biological life forms to be able to tolerate? Did you apply any thought at all to this observation? Or did you simply have a fundie orgasm?
I actually saw this when I was an Atheist BTW.
Just before I was too young to legally drink (Which started by bar & alcohol phase)
Just a few years after I quite smoking marijuana & ciggarettes.
It was a period when I did no alcohol, marijauna or ciggarettes for a few years.
I was actually quite striaght edge at this time. I ate the healthiest in my life.
I mostly went to the gym & lifted weights & was when I was in college & had close contacts to many people & friends. etc

I was an Agnostic Atheist at this time I guess. I was an Atheist & didn't believe god existed.
I was very slightly Agnostic because I thought a tiny chance of god existing.

Since then I have become more of just an Agnostic.

I have come to the conclusion that the Universe seems as if it could almost have life to it.

The more I have thought about it the more I think Atheism doesn't have perfect anwsers either.

Some parts of Atheism I have pondered to be rather illogical too. Like how nothing created a semi functioning Universe that has semi patterns & that keeps from self destruction & by chance just created life.

I am not an Atheist anymore. I would just consider myself Agnostic.

I sure have never been a fundamentalist.

I always thought creationism was a joke.
I was raised catholic & even questioned it as a kid. I even at like 4 years old would say dad what if there is no afterlife or god?
So for me I have always been semi Agnostic.

I remember at like age 7 I would pray to go & saw nothing. I was almost angry at god.
At the same time kind of didn't believe in god.

I was really an Agnostic theist then I guess.

Became Atheist over time & now just completely Agnostic.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20994
Jun 27, 2012
 
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
It came up over the mountain about 12 am. By about 4 am it was about maybe 1/8th across the sky.
MOVING TO THE SOUTH EAST.
Not West like stars, planets, moon, sun ect move in the sky towards the WEST.
If anything it moved about half the speed even a star does.
Because the mountain view was directly North about 12 am. So it did not start directly in the West or East
by 4 am it had moved had moved perhaps half way between the mountain & the eastern horizon.
It is VERY difficult to figure out because it was moving South East.
If it was moving East it would be easier to tell.
The way it was moving it started on the North mountain horizon around 12 am & about 4 am about 1/3rd of the way towards the South East horizon.
Which then fog & clouds covered it up.
Which in it's self was ODD.
I actually called my dad up & ODDLY while I called my dad up to come see it.
A cat was watching me & following me UP THE ROAD as I was walking.
Then as soon as my dad came 2 minutes later.
It was completely covered in fog & clouds.
When it was clear when I called.
The whole thing is WEIRD.
Right before I called my dad & right before the fog & clouds covered it in maybe 2 minutes.
I saw big strange crafts moving low with blinking red lights. I don't know WHAT it was.
It seemed like an advanced miltary craft.
As soon as the craft moved through the fog appeared & the U.F.O disappeared.
It was very very very weird.
I saw during this time some other very low & strange advanced miltary jets with red blinking lights too they were very low. One went over head the next night & was barely above the trees & had ALMOST no sound.
The whole thing isn't that out of the ordinary for some U.F.O / E.T events.
There are cases reported of U.F.O's that hide into fog to hide themselves.
Cases of aliens that shapeshift into cats.
I have no idea WTF was going on. There was certainly something very very strange.
For about a week there at night there was a lot of strange things going on.
This is also when I heard the strange shrieks & giant flapping wings in the woods moving around.
The whole thing was WERID. The air almost felt heavy during this weak when all kinds of strange stuff happened.
I saw weird miltary jets moving in lines even with those same red blinking lights.
The air felt heavy like there was something weird. I can't explain it.
About a week later the heavy air settled to normal, The miltary red light advanced planes were gone.
The U.F.O's I had seen nightly were gone.
The weird shrieks & flapping were gone.
After that I stopped my nightly paranormal hunts for these things because then nothing happen.
The whole thing was very very very weird.
People describe this sort of thing with it. As a chain of things that happen with multiple paranormal activiites & then just stop
Sounds like you were tracking a comm satellite. They meander in a figure 8 pattern over the period of 6 months or more. They're geosynchronous so they'd be pretty faint except in very, very dark skies. Back country mountains on moonless nights would be about right. Even with a good angle for sunlight reflection off of one of these, the apparent magnitude probably would be around 4-5, which would make it a pretty dim star.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20995
Jun 27, 2012
 
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually saw this when I was an Atheist BTW.
Just before I was too young to legally drink (Which started by bar & alcohol phase)
Just a few years after I quite smoking marijuana & ciggarettes.
It was a period when I did no alcohol, marijauna or ciggarettes for a few years.
I was actually quite striaght edge at this time. I ate the healthiest in my life.
I mostly went to the gym & lifted weights & was when I was in college & had close contacts to many people & friends. etc
I was an Agnostic Atheist at this time I guess. I was an Atheist & didn't believe god existed.
I was very slightly Agnostic because I thought a tiny chance of god existing.
Since then I have become more of just an Agnostic.
I have come to the conclusion that the Universe seems as if it could almost have life to it.
The more I have thought about it the more I think Atheism doesn't have perfect anwsers either.
Some parts of Atheism I have pondered to be rather illogical too. Like how nothing created a semi functioning Universe that has semi patterns & that keeps from self destruction & by chance just created life.
I am not an Atheist anymore. I would just consider myself Agnostic.
I sure have never been a fundamentalist.
I always thought creationism was a joke.
I was raised catholic & even questioned it as a kid. I even at like 4 years old would say dad what if there is no afterlife or god?
So for me I have always been semi Agnostic.
I remember at like age 7 I would pray to go & saw nothing. I was almost angry at god.
At the same time kind of didn't believe in god.
I was really an Agnostic theist then I guess.
Became Atheist over time & now just completely Agnostic.
Atheism is the lack of belief in gods. Atheism is not a cosmological position on the cause of the universe. Atheism is not the denial of as-yet unexplained phenomena. Atheism does not promise 'perfect answers'. Atheism does not claim the universe has patterns that prevent self-destruction, or that it was created by 'chance'(and neither do sentient scientists). Atheism does not care whether you prefer MacDonalds of Burger King. Atheism does not like baseball more than football.

Are you really so f**king retarded that you think atheism is anything other than lack of belief in your fairy tales?
IRYW

Malvern, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20996
Jun 27, 2012
 
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a camera phone. UFOs and ETs are obviously allergic to camera phones.
It's kinda like the reason vampires don't hang out around people with crosses ... they're allergic to BS.
Also, remember that bigfoot carries bison hairs with him and drops them on the ground to fool forensic scientists.

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20997
Jun 27, 2012
 
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
80 percent of americans believe that god created man specially and different from the animals but 36 percent of americans believe intelligent aliens travelled millions of light years to visit earth. Try to figure that one out.
<quoted text>
I'm sure your grand children will enjoy the home videos of you in the back yard.
<quoted text>
So do 99 % of the humans on the planet.
YOu do realize, don't you, that when research is done on claims like this there is almost always some sort of empirical evidence available for testing. Why is it, in the year 2012, with cell phones and GPS chips that no one, NO ONE, has been able to pinpoint the exact location of a bigfoot sighting so that a hair, or some other sort of DNA sample can be gathered? Hell, even a footprint could yield skin cells that could be tested.
You have one of those minds that is so open that your brains have fallen out. You will believe anything if it conforms to your idea of big science and the conspiracy to hide 'real' evidence. Go play in your sandbox, child, and leave life to adults.
What is this? You act like if you believe paranormal, afterlife, aliens etc may exist that you must believe in god.

WTF?
Some of the Atheists on here I notice go against their very arguments.

They believe life just came to be.

That some how an afterlife, ghosts,aliens, bigfoot couldn't have just come to be.

Like for an afterlife, ghosts, aliens or bigfoot there must be a god!

For life there doesn't have to be a god?

I have seen a few on here say I think Aliens MAY have had a hand in creating us.

Then a few people said who made Aliens? As if Aliens couldn't have happened by chance without a god?

But for some reason Humans came to chance without god?

The whole thing shows how contrary to your own beliefs many Atheists are.

If you ask me some of you here almost seem like Homosexuals who got their feelings by religion & became Atheists because of that.

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20998
Jun 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Actual the very topic here seems like that of a Homosexual.

Homosexual in the closet?
Atheist in the closet?

WTF? Who cares I was an Atheist & I never CARED about it.

Some of you obviously are deep Atheists who seem hurt by religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 20,321 - 20,340 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••