New Jersey's state Senate passes gay marriage bill, Christie promises veto

Full story: Fox News

Feb. 13, 2012: Spectators in the balcony applaud the passage of the bill in the New Jersey State Senate recognizing same-sex marriages by a vote of 24-16, in Trenton, N.J. In a move that supporters called a civil rights milestone, New Jersey's state Senate on Monday passed a bill to recognize same-sex marriages, marking the first time state ... (more)

Comments (Page 113)

Showing posts 2,241 - 2,260 of2,496
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You want my references...start with GENESIS!
BINGO! And the LOSER is "Get That Fool"

Are you even slightly aware of what an embarrassing assclown you are?

Fast friends with Miss Reality I see...

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
..so we can call THEM biased and not worthwhile and demean the agenda behind them like we claim does not effect our own studies.
Sober up. You're not making any sense. You sound more desperate and incoherent than usual...
Reality

Jericho, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting to see the "pure research" from your side...
You can marginalize the research studies I've cited until you're blue in the face, but it only gives you an embarrassingly blue face. I'm not surprised you would thoughtlessly discard research from scientists who are so adept at their work that they could diagnose and explain the mental illness you suffer from in a mere 20 minutes.
Struggle on, dolt!
And I understand why you need to believe them as if they were your bible.
How about first you read the METHODOLOGY of the studies and see how they limit the groups...then get back to me...but you wont. Must be bliss.
Reality

Jericho, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not paying attention...we know the truth of your tainted studies, and they will never show ss parents are the same as mom/dad married in the home...never...
and now onto the blasting insults while calling you a hater rather than address what you have said part of the show.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

Evolution wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG - you can get married/get divorced - multiple times in your case would be my guess/have kids/don't have kids - whatever you desire - I demand the same for me and my husband...no more, no less
You 'demand' that you and your husband can have kids??? Well, that demand us above our pay grade.....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting to see the "pure research" from your side...
You can marginalize the research studies I've cited until you're blue in the face, but it only gives you an embarrassingly blue face. I'm not surprised you would thoughtlessly discard research from scientists who are so adept at their work that they could diagnose and explain the mental illness you suffer from in a mere 20 minutes.
Struggle on, dolt!
There's been plenty posted that you all just write off as hateful bigotry, not worth our time to put them up again....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO! And the LOSER is "Get That Fool"
Are you even slightly aware of what an embarrassing assclown you are?
Fast friends with Miss Reality I see...
Indeed!!!
Reality

Jericho, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Sober up. You're not making any sense. You sound more desperate and incoherent than usual...
and now onto the blasting insults while calling you a hater rather than address what you have said part of the show.

eye yiye yiye.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
those studies were base on self reporting and on parents who chose to be involved with the study which slants results by cherry picking participants and by the fact that those who are failing do not generally report.
In short, garbage in, garbage out.
Apparently Paul Cameron's INFINITELY BOGUS "research" is all you have to refer to. Oh, and "Get That Fool's" good old crutch, the Book of Genesis of course...

The results of some studies suggest that lesbian mothers' and gay fathers' parenting skills may be superior to those of matched heterosexual couples. For instance, Flaks, Fischer, Masterpasqua, and Joseph (1995) reported that lesbian couples' parenting awareness skills were stronger than those of heterosexual couples. This was attributed to greater parenting awareness among lesbian nonbiological mothers than among heterosexual fathers. In one study, Brewaeys and her colleagues (1997) likewise reported more favorable patterns of parent-child interaction among lesbian as compared to heterosexual parents, but in another, they found greater similarities (Vanfraussen, Ponjaert-Kristoffersen, & Brewaeys, 2003). A recent study of 256 lesbian and gay parent families found that, in contrast to patterns characterizing the majority of American parents, very few lesbian and gay parents reported any use of physical punishment (such as spanking) as a disciplinary technique; instead, they were likely to report use of positive techniques such as reasoning (Johnson & O'Connor, 2002). Certainly, research has found no reasons to believe lesbian mothers or gay fathers to be unfit parents (Armesto, 2002; Barret & Robinson, 1990; Bigner & Bozett, 1990; Bigner & Jacobsen, 1989a, 1989b; Bos et al., 2003, 2004; Bozett, 1980, 1989; Patterson, 1997; Patterson & Chan, 1996; Sbordone, 1993; Tasker & Golombok, 1997; Victor & Fish, 1995; Weston, 1991). On the contrary, results of research suggest that lesbian and gay parents are as likely as heterosexual parents to provide supportive home environments for children.

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/parentin...
Reality

Jericho, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently Paul Cameron's INFINITELY BOGUS "research" is all you have to refer to. Oh, and "Get That Fool's" good old crutch, the Book of Genesis of course...
The results of some studies suggest that lesbian mothers' and gay fathers' parenting skills may be superior to those of matched heterosexual couples. For instance, Flaks, Fischer, Masterpasqua, and Joseph (1995) reported that lesbian couples' parenting awareness skills were stronger than those of heterosexual couples. This was attributed to greater parenting awareness among lesbian nonbiological mothers than among heterosexual fathers. In one study, Brewaeys and her colleagues (1997) likewise reported more favorable patterns of parent-child interaction among lesbian as compared to heterosexual parents, but in another, they found greater similarities (Vanfraussen, Ponjaert-Kristoffersen, & Brewaeys, 2003). A recent study of 256 lesbian and gay parent families found that, in contrast to patterns characterizing the majority of American parents, very few lesbian and gay parents reported any use of physical punishment (such as spanking) as a disciplinary technique; instead, they were likely to report use of positive techniques such as reasoning (Johnson & O'Connor, 2002). Certainly, research has found no reasons to believe lesbian mothers or gay fathers to be unfit parents (Armesto, 2002; Barret & Robinson, 1990; Bigner & Bozett, 1990; Bigner & Jacobsen, 1989a, 1989b; Bos et al., 2003, 2004; Bozett, 1980, 1989; Patterson, 1997; Patterson & Chan, 1996; Sbordone, 1993; Tasker & Golombok, 1997; Victor & Fish, 1995; Weston, 1991). On the contrary, results of research suggest that lesbian and gay parents are as likely as heterosexual parents to provide supportive home environments for children.
here's my question I know you will not answer...if gays can be superior, how can they be THE SAME?

See how that works?

You cant be the EXACT same AND BETTER at the same time...

now let ME look at the methodology.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding?? The mom/dad family has been studied for decades, centuries...the results are always the same...children that don't have mom/dad in the home are at a disadvantage in many ways...

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
eye yiye yiye.
Now, now old man... I don't hate you, I just thoroughly detest your ignorance. "Love the ignorant, hate his ignorance" as they say...

Smooches!

Some critics have suggested these children -- along with Samuel David Cheney, Mary Cheney's infant son -- are doomed to a life of struggle compared with those raised in a more traditional, Ozzie-and-Harriet-model family, with a mother and a father.

But most studies have found that outcomes for children of gay and lesbian parents are no better -- and no worse -- than for other children, whether the measures involve peer group relationships, self-esteem, behavioral difficulties, academic achievement, or warmth and quality of family relationships.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07161/793042-5...
Reality

Jericho, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
from YOUR link:
"Another criticism has been that, although there is considerable diversity within lesbian and gay parenting communities (Barrett & Tasker, 2001; Morris, Balsam, & Rothblum, 2002), research has often focused on narrowly defined samples. Early studies did generally focus on well-educated, middle class families, but more recent research has included participants from a wider array of ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds (e.g., Wainright et al., 2004)."

further, they have not corrected for typical self reporting margins of error.
Evolution

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You 'demand' that you and your husband can have kids??? Well, that demand us above our pay grade.....
lol - we'll see about kids - definately a possibility

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
here's my question I know you will not answer...if gays can be superior, how can they be THE SAME?
See how that works?
You cant be the EXACT same AND BETTER at the same time...
now let ME look at the methodology.
You'll have to ask the researchers.

BTW, your question is so desperate it's pathetic! So, you're new argument is not that gay parents aren't "as good" as straight parents but that THEY SURE AREN'T BETTER!

Good luck figuring this all out, dear. I'm sure it will make your head explode. Let me be the one to light the match!
hmmm

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. The traditional family is an arranged marriage where the woman and children are property of the man.
I am noones property

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now old man... I don't hate you, I just thoroughly detest your ignorance. "Love the ignorant, hate his ignorance" as they say...
Smooches!
Some critics have suggested these children -- along with Samuel David Cheney, Mary Cheney's infant son -- are doomed to a life of struggle compared with those raised in a more traditional, Ozzie-and-Harriet-model family, with a mother and a father.
But most studies have found that outcomes for children of gay and lesbian parents are no better -- and no worse -- than for other children, whether the measures involve peer group relationships, self-esteem, behavioral difficulties, academic achievement, or warmth and quality of family relationships.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07161/793042-5...
Of course they do....what about the ones that say the opposite???

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding?? The mom/dad family has been studied for decades, centuries...the results are always the same...children that don't have mom/dad in the home are at a disadvantage in many ways...
We're still waiting for you to source your claim. What it says in Genesis and what you THINK as a dimwitted onlooker are not good enough for this debate.

Show us your sources!(do you even know what that means?!)

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to ask the researchers.
BTW, your question is so desperate it's pathetic! So, you're new argument is not that gay parents aren't "as good" as straight parents but that THEY SURE AREN'T BETTER!
Good luck figuring this all out, dear. I'm sure it will make your head explode. Let me be the one to light the match!
I found the question to be revealing and thought-provoking. I found your answer to be dissmissive and condescending which tells me, you have no answer at all....

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
from YOUR link:
"Another criticism has been that, although there is considerable diversity within lesbian and gay parenting communities (Barrett & Tasker, 2001; Morris, Balsam, & Rothblum, 2002), research has often focused on narrowly defined samples. Early studies did generally focus on well-educated, middle class families, but more recent research has included participants from a wider array of ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds (e.g., Wainright et al., 2004)."
further, they have not corrected for typical self reporting margins of error.
D E S P E R A T E L Y S E E K I N G C R E D I B I L I T Y!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,241 - 2,260 of2,496
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••