Health Care Decision Hinges On A Crucial Clause

Jun 11, 2012 Full story: National Public Radio 119

For more than 200 years, the Supreme Court has interpreted the meaning of the Commerce Clause of the Constitution.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 11, 2012
NPR should lose all of it's funding.
Otis B Driftwood

Southampton, NY

#2 Jun 11, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
And defund the disordered homosexual agenda ridden NEA at the same time.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 11, 2012
This is clearly a slanted political story directed at the left. De-fund NPR now. I do not want my tax money to fund left wing propaganda.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Pageland, SC

#4 Jun 11, 2012

Gov forcing you to buy their "chosen one" products shall be deemed Unconstitutional because it is.

YES WE CAN!
YES WE CAN!

USA!
USA!

“Truth to Power!”

Pageland, SC

#5 Jun 11, 2012

Did someone mention "Commerce?"

June 11, 2012

(D) John Bryson, U.S. Commerce Secretary, cited in Calif. hit-and-run

(CBS News) U.S. Secretary of Commerce John Bryson has been cited in a felony hit-and-run case after allegedly crashing a Lexus into two vehicles in California Saturday evening, Los Angeles police have confirmed.

According to the written statement by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Bryson, 68, was allegedly behind the wheel of a Lexus that rear-ended another vehicle waiting for a train to pass in the city of San Gabriel at around 5:05 p.m. PT. The statement says Bryson spoke with the three males in the other car, then allegedly drove away, hitting their Buick again in the process.

Bryson was then "found alone and unconscious behind the wheel of his vehicle," after allegedly causing another accident in the neighboring city of Rosemead about five minutes later.

Police say that while Bryson has now been formally cited in the hit-and-run, it will be up to the district attorney's office to decide whether formal criminal charges should be filed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57450140/...

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jun 11, 2012
If for some strange reason the Supreme Court does NOT overturn this clearly unconstitutional mandate, then and only then, will the SCOTUS start to become activist. If Obama had not outsourced the writing of Obamacare perhaps he, being such a vaunted constitutional scholar (LOL - so HE says), he would have known that it was an overreach by the government. OR, perhaps in his supreme arrogance and disdane for the rule of law he just decided that because "I'm the one you have been waiting for", it would stand on his word alone.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#7 Jun 11, 2012
Step back. We are opening the floodgates. Hopefully everything will be okay. We'll just go back to life the way it was before Hitler's rise to power. What are the chances we'll have a dictator here in the US? Probably not likely.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#8 Jun 11, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
We should ban it altogether.

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#9 Jun 11, 2012

The Economy was and still is the #1 Issue with Real Americans yet the POS Democrats and arse whipe Obama wanted to pass Gov Obamacare instead.

"We have to pass the Bill to find out what's in it."
-(D) Idiot Pelosi

What Filth!

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#10 Jun 11, 2012

"The fundamentals of the Economy are fine"

- Brokeass Obama

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#11 Jun 11, 2012

"It's the worst economy since the Great Depression"

- Brokeass Obama

Robert

Hollywood, FL

#12 Jun 11, 2012
Obama so wanted some kind of gov't health care bill that he pushed anything though he could and this is the result. One that won't work and it is illegal according to the constitution.

Of course he will not see it as a mistake after they strike it or its major components down. Obama never makes a mistake if you have not notice, not Solondra not Healthcare, not his party getting clobbered in the mid term elections. Nothing is ever Obama's fault is too narcissistic for anything to be his fault.

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#13 Jun 11, 2012

"I told you not to ask these questions but, In relation to Jobs, the Private Sector is doing FINE!"

- Brokeass Obama

Idiot!

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#14 Jun 11, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
We should ban it altogether.

Nope. Free Speech is American. The problem is that Paying for It with Tax Dollars IS NOT.

KILL NPR's Public Finding. It's "low hanging fruit" to be picked off while Obama's Debt is growing like a 400 lb tumor.

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#15 Jun 11, 2012
Ballybunion wrote:
If for some strange reason the Supreme Court does NOT overturn this clearly unconstitutional mandate, then and only then, will the SCOTUS start to become activist. If Obama had not outsourced the writing of Obamacare perhaps he, being such a vaunted constitutional scholar (LOL - so HE says), he would have known that it was an overreach by the government. OR, perhaps in his supreme arrogance and disdane for the rule of law he just decided that because "I'm the one you have been waiting for", it would stand on his word alone.

Do you remember when the goofball Obama scorched Hillary Clinton for her "Health Care Mandate" while he said he'd Never Do that to people??

I do.....

:)

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#16 Jun 11, 2012
Robert wrote:
Obama so wanted some kind of gov't health care bill that he pushed anything though he could and this is the result.

One that won't work and it is illegal according to the constitution.
Of course he will not see it as a mistake after they strike it or its major components down.

Obama never makes a mistake if you have not notice, not Solondra not Healthcare, not his party getting clobbered in the mid term elections.

Nothing is ever Obama's fault is too narcissistic for anything to be his fault.

You NAILED it. Obama thinks giving speeches is "governing."

What a jackass. Bill Clinton was right to call Obama an Incompetent Amateur that doesn't know how to be president.

“Proud To Be An American”

Location hidden

#17 Jun 11, 2012
The only mandate that matters is the mandate from the American people that the anti-Americanism lord marshal b. h. obama and his marxist ilk get out of the White House and never come back.

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#18 Jun 11, 2012
On mandating health care coverage.

Barack Obama on Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 in a television interview

Obama flip-flops on requiring people to buy health care

Politi-Fact = Full Flop

Walk back with us through the mists of time to early 2008, and you might remember then-candidate Barack Obama defending the rights of hard-working people so they would not be forced to buy health insurance.

Obama's position was different from his two nearest rivals, Hillary Clinton and John Edwards, who included mandates for individuals to buy health insurance in their plans for reform. It was an issue that got downright contentious on the campaign trail.

At a debate in South Carolina, Edwards said Obama's plan really wasn't universal health care, since it didn't have a mandate to ensure everyone was covered.

Obama replied that his plan was universal (a claim we rated Barely True ) and explained why he was against a mandate: "A mandate means that in some fashion, everybody will be forced to buy health insurance.... But I believe the problem is not that folks are trying to avoid getting health care. The problem is they can't afford it. And that's why my plan emphasizes lowering costs." (Which Obamacare does Not do).

Obama said at the time it was possible some people would refuse to buy health care under his plan.

"Do you believe that each individual American should be required to have health insurance?" asked Jonathan LaPook, an M.D. and a medical correspondent for CBS News.

"I have come to that conclusion," Obama said. "During the campaign I was opposed to this idea because my general attitude was the reason people don't have health insurance is not because they don't want it, it's because they can't afford it. And if you make it affordable, then they'll come. I am now in favor of some sort of individual mandate as long as there's a hardship exemption."

Obama said a hardship exemption should protect people who truly can't afford the required coverage.

It's hard to take that argument seriously when Obama used the issue of the individual mandate to wallop Hillary Clinton with negative ads.

"Hillary Clinton's attacking, but what's she not telling you about her health care plan? It forces everyone to buy insurance, even if you can't afford it, and you pay a penalty if you don't," said one of his television ads .

His mailings made similar claims, which we rated Half True . At one campaign stop, Clinton waived the mailers and declared, "Shame on you, Barack Obama!"

"Meet me in Ohio," she added. "Let's have a debate about your tactics and your behavior in this campaign."

Obama was vigorous in his attacks on Clinton for including an indvidual mandate in her plan. Now that the Democrats in the House have included a mandate in health reform legislation, he's fine with it. He admitted he changed position in the interview with CBS. Full Flop!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#19 Jun 11, 2012

Face it Loons: Obama SUCKS!

“Truth to Power!”

United States

#20 Jun 11, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
The only mandate that matters is the mandate from the American people that the anti-Americanism lord marshal b. h. obama and his marxist ilk get out of the White House and never come back.

Amen! Send the Kenyan Quack Back!

YES WE CAN!
YES WE CAN!

USA!
USA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama pitches for votes on black radio 4 min Jumper The wise 3
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min woodtick57 1,125,469
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min Cheech the Conser... 269,978
Romney Leads Scattered 2016 GOP Field, Clinton ... 14 min Shinichiro Takizawa 50
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 16 min barefoot2626 526
Black voters latest target audience in Ky. Sena... 20 min Jumper The wise 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min Agents of Corruption 120,874
GOP types accused of 'thinly-veiled racism' for... 1 hr serfs up 178

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE