Reactions to deadly CO theater shooting

Jul 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WAVY-TV Portsmouth

Reaction to the shooting at a crowded Denver-area movie theater, where 12 people were killed and dozens more injured Friday in one of the deadliest mass shootings in recent U.S. history: "Michelle and I are shocked and saddened by the horrific and tragic shooting in Colorado.

Comments
121 - 140 of 142 Comments Last updated Jul 24, 2012
JimBob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Karl, Karl, Karl - you don't know your asz from a hole in the ground! Anyone and everyone except you is aware that Colorado is being taken over by outsiders!

Colorado was built by a STRONG independent people with a strong work ethic. Colorado emblazened the attitude of the old West and the early inhabitants possessed a high degree of self-sufficiency. They actually believed in working for what they had instead of relying on some Government agency to provide them with the essentials of life!

Yes, Colorado has some good leaders and has had some great ones in the past. It is high time for Coloradans to wake up to what is happening to their great State and STOP the carpetbaggers as well as the heavily left leaning home-grown wackos (of which you are a prime example)!

I know Colorado - probably better than you. It is being overrun by carpetbaggers and outsiders. I also know an idiot when one rears its ugly head with banal drivel that MIGHT fool some.

BEWARE THE IDES OF FOOLS COLORADO - SHOW THEM THE ATTITUDES OF THE PIONEERS THAT MADE YOUR STATE GREAT AND THEN.......SHOW THEM THE DOOR! Send them on their way.
S-N-A-F-U

Sierra Vista, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

How many people are out there that have been raised on addictive prescription drugs, to quite them down, boost them up, to quell anxiety, mood swings, etc. There are so many drugs on the market that unleash more harmful residual effects then what the drug was originally prescribed for -- not to mention illegal recreational 'dope' which alone screws up ones cabeza.

How does a guy like Jared Lee Loughner and James Holmes lose their grip with reality in the planing and the execution of innocent folks? Obviously, those like Loughner and Holmes are shy 1 brick of having a full load. Methinks there is a correlation of extended use of both prescription drugs and the hard stuff, and living in fantasy land with only their marbles to keep them company.

When these tragedies happen the first responders are those on the Uber left, blaming talk radio, Rush specifically, or any other entity that is divorced from the liberal mantra. Lets take a look at the primal culprits -- Holywierd and the music industry with it's gratuitous violence and morally corrupt material they push as entertainment.

This is just another liberal bastion of malcontents that's dedicated in dispensing garbage and the degradation of women. We are so desensitized to this filth ridden oracle of Satan, the stench seems to mesmerize, especially the impressionable, young skulls full of mush. What decadence, the aroma is corrosive to ones thinking process.

We live in a screwed up society, in more ways than one....sad.

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#160
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Your strident defense of all things democrat makes one wonder if you are one of those californicators who after trashing the Golden State decided to immigrate to Colorado,to get away from the mess you made only to recreate the mess you left...... Coloradans would do well to evict Californicators before they turn Colorado into what they made California into so bad they felt compelled to leave.
You do not have a CLUE about Colorado....NONE of our civic leaders are from California.

Governor (D) John Hickenlooper has been a resident of Colorado since the early 80's when he developed a run down building in Lower downtown and turned it into a thriving business. He is originally from Pennsylvania.(hardly California)

Mayor (D) Michael Hancock (Denver) is a native of Denver Colorado (not California) he is the 45th Mayor of Denver

Mayor (R) Steve Hogan (Aurora) has worked on behalf of Aurora since 1979 as a city council member prior to being elected Mayor. He has switched parties in the 80's (but remains very left leaning)

Senator (D) Mark Udall has lived in Colorado since 1972 he was born in Tucson Arizona

Senator (D) Michael Bennet Born in New Deli has worked in Colorado for well over 20 + years with 2 Governors prior to becoming a Senator

If you notice NONE of Colorado's top leadership is from California take your garbage and go somewhere else.

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

JimBob wrote:
I know Colorado - probably better than you.
Really....I happen to be a native of Denver Colorado and have resided here my entire life 50 + years. I have always been active in politics and local non-profit organizations and operate a local investment corporation. I think I would know just a little more about MY State than some geek on a computer from God knows where because you are a gray box coward posting anonymously.
S-N-A-F-U

Sierra Vista, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush now....

Firstly, Muslims don't eat their own.

Once again, you load and lock, then shoot your mouth off before engaging your infantile cerebrum....

FYI the Clinton administration was weak on terrorism which emboldened Osama Bin Laden to strike the Twin Towers (again) after the first failure. This was in the planing stage long before Boosh took office...Remember, OBL was offered to Clinton, but he turned down the Sudanese offer.(see below)

1. Did not follow-up on the attempted bombing of Aden marines in Yemen.

2. Shut the CIA out of the 1993 WTC bombing investigation, hamstringing their effort to capture bin Laden.

3. Had Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, a key bin Laden lieutenant, slip through their fingers in Qatar.

4. Did not militarily react to the al Qaeda bombing in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

5. Did not accept the Sudanese offer to turn bin Laden over to U.S. Agents.

6. Did not follow-up on another offer from Sudan through a private back channel.

7. Objected to Northern Alliance efforts to assassinate bin Laden in Afghanistan.

8. Decided against using special forces to take down bin Laden in Afghanistan.

9. Did not take an opportunity to take into custody two al Qaeda operatives involved in the East African embassy bombings. In another little scoop, I am able to show that Sudan arrested these two terrorists and offered them to the FBI. The Clinton administration declined to pick them up and they were later allowed to return to Pakistan.

10. Ordered an ineffectual, token missile strike against a Sudanese pharmaceutical factory.

11. Clumsily tipped off Pakistani officials sympathetic to bin Laden before a planned missile strike against bin Laden on August 20, 1998. Bin Laden left the camp with only minutes to spare.

12-14. Three times, Clinton hesitated or deferred in ordering missile strikes against bin Laden in 1999 and 2000.

15. When they finally launched and armed the Predator spy drone plane, which captured amazing live video images of bin Laden, the Clinton administration no longer had military assets in place to strike the archterrorist.

16. Did not order a retaliatory strike on bin Laden for the murderous attack on the USS Cole.

Regarding your Orange/Red hair terrorist that did his dastardly deed in Aurora, Co. He doesn't fit the profile of a conservative - he's more aligned in the way you think sugar britches....Screwed up like "hogan's goat." <wink>

Since: Mar 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>We already knew we have a Great State there are NO "carpetbaggers" in our state. If you noticed during the theater tragedy we had EXCELLENT representation by OUR DEMOCRATIC President Obama OUR DEMOCRATIC Governor Hickenlooper and Aurora's DEMOCRATIC Mayor Hogan they ALL showed the Nation how REAL Leaders respond in times of crisis. Something former republican (FAILURE) President Bush W should have have taken a lesson in.

There is No One to take OUR state back from OUR leaders are the BEST in the NATION.

Your back yard may be in "quagmire of ruin", so I suggest take care of your filth pit before looking at OUR BEAUTIFUL State.
It's DEMOCRAT not DEMOCRATIC.

And I don't remember Clinton rushing to Columbine. Of course Obama is going to be at photo opportunity. Unless like in Wisconsin, it can look bad for him.

There is never a downside to being seen consoling the victims of tragedy. But what really did they do?

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Kolyma wrote:
<quoted text>
It's DEMOCRAT not DEMOCRATIC.
And I don't remember Clinton rushing to Columbine. Of course Obama is going to be at photo opportunity. Unless like in Wisconsin, it can look bad for him.
There is never a downside to being seen consoling the victims of tragedy. But what really did they do?
Democratically elected and happen to be members of the Democrat party.

Governor Hickenlooper and Mayor Hogan didn't sleep for nearly 3 days and have worked with victims and victims family's continually throughout this ordeal. President Obama suspended all political adds in our state Romney followed suit (only after Obama did) The President didn't want a "photo Op" there was no press allowed with him to console victims he made a short announcement (non political) after his meetings. The Federal, State and Local officials came together in an unprecedented fashion to organize a vigil for our grieving community and have acted nothing short of brilliant.

A few hours after another shooting incident at a Georgia high school President Clinton consoled Columbine students and victims family's.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#165
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
Democratically elected and happen to be members of the Democrat party.
Governor Hickenlooper and Mayor Hogan didn't sleep for nearly 3 days and have worked with victims and victims family's continually throughout this ordeal. President Obama suspended all political adds in our state Romney followed suit (only after Obama did) The President didn't want a "photo Op" there was no press allowed with him to console victims he made a short announcement (non political) after his meetings. The Federal, State and Local officials came together in an unprecedented fashion to organize a vigil for our grieving community and have acted nothing short of brilliant.
A few hours after another shooting incident at a Georgia high school President Clinton consoled Columbine students and victims family's.
Some people never cease to amaze us. Decency is demonized if a democrat shows it, and it's complimented if a Republican shows it. Can't we be Americans just for a little while without someone questionion the motives. I'm talking about both parties here, not just one.

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bodacious Babe wrote:
<quoted text>Some people never cease to amaze us. Decency is demonized if a democrat shows it, and it's complimented if a Republican shows it. Can't we be Americans just for a little while without someone questionion the motives. I'm talking about both parties here, not just one.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Politics should not have any place in such a tragedy that affects ALL. To even question ones motives to console and comfort those grieving just shows complete callous and disregard for the actual victims to further their narrow agenda.

Leaders of all political, religious and community came together to console and comfort.

As I stated previously we are Americans FIRST and choose our politics SECOND when met with a crazed gunman hell bent on destruction and mayhem we ALL bleed red.

Bullets do not discriminate.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If some enterprising officer of the law had just shot Holmes in the parking lot it would cost Colorado nothing. We need better cops.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not have a CLUE about Colorado....NONE of our civic leaders are from California.
Governor (D) John Hickenlooper has been a resident of Colorado since the early 80's when he developed a run down building in Lower downtown and turned it into a thriving business. He is originally from Pennsylvania.(hardly California)
Mayor (D) Michael Hancock (Denver) is a native of Denver Colorado (not California) he is the 45th Mayor of Denver
Mayor (R) Steve Hogan (Aurora) has worked on behalf of Aurora since 1979 as a city council member prior to being elected Mayor. He has switched parties in the 80's (but remains very left leaning)
Senator (D) Mark Udall has lived in Colorado since 1972 he was born in Tucson Arizona
Senator (D) Michael Bennet Born in New Deli has worked in Colorado for well over 20 + years with 2 Governors prior to becoming a Senator
If you notice NONE of Colorado's top leadership is from California take your garbage and go somewhere else.
While your "leadership" isn't from CA too many of your NEW voters ARE. And POLITICIANS listen to voters. Too many of your new neighbors came from a place they screwed up SOOOOO bad they had to leave rather than fight to return it to something liveable. NOW they are determined to remake Colorado into the California they fled. When they f**k it up they will go to somewhere new to f**k up. Its the nature of liberalism to want to reduce things to a common denominator. And not necessarily to the betterment of the whole.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Cat74 wrote:
If some enterprising officer of the law had just shot Holmes in the parking lot it would cost Colorado nothing. We need better cops.
If that little anti-gun free fire zone decal hadn't been on the theater doors it might have made a difference.....
1 post removed

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#171
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>While your "leadership" isn't from CA too many of your NEW voters ARE. And POLITICIANS listen to voters. Too many of your new neighbors came from a place they screwed up SOOOOO bad they had to leave rather than fight to return it to something liveable. NOW they are determined to remake Colorado into the California they fled. When they f**k it up they will go to somewhere new to f**k up. Its the nature of liberalism to want to reduce things to a common denominator. And not necessarily to the betterment of the whole.
I find you comment very amusing seeing how the majority of California is and has been Republican controlled for the better part of half a century.

Colorado up until the 2008 election historically has always voted Republican in the General election and now is a toss up pretty evenly divided 50/50 I believe it is a good thing as we will have a better representation without one party dominating.

Locally Denver like most major cities vote Democrat and that is simply demographics.

The State of Colorado is doing fine economically we had a slump but by in large are doing better than many states. If you study demographics you would know most red states are doing worse economically as of the last decade or so than those that are blue.

I drove by the temporary memorial about an hour ago that the public has set up across the street from the theater. There must have been around 200 people there in 100 degree temps. with thousands of flowers, candles, balloons and of course the 12 white crosses. I'm quite positive that the people there mourning the deceased and praying for the living victims and family's of both do not give a damn about politics at this time.

This is not the time or thread to discuss whether the voters of Colorado came from Mars, California or New York City they are Americans.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#172
Jul 24, 2012
 
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Since President Obama has been in the White House there hasn’t been a single successful terrorist attack on American soil like when that ineptitude-idiot Bush was in office; so we’ll never have to worry about a Muslim coming over here and hitting this nation on Obama’s watch.
I'll give him that, Obama broke his promise to repeal the Patriot Act. He' followed Bush's policies, used information from coercive interrogations and killed Osama Bin Laden.

I wouldn't go so far as to stop worrying because Egypt, Libya and Syria are going down the tubes, genocide continues in the Sudan, Iran is still pursuing nuclear weapons and North Korea still has a nuclear arsenal.

.
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
But I knew that James Holmes was a right-wing nut as soon as I heard the details about the guns and gear and the cowardly way he attacked innocent men women and children.
I know nothing of his political view and I don't care. His 'guns and gear' is as irrelevant as politics to the Columbine shooting or the communist Lee Harvey Oswald. The murderer is an evil monster who should have a fair trial and if guilty, execution.

I'm concerned about people trying to make a political point out of mass murder. I'm against that type of discourse, I call it vile.

.
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Sadly, it takes things like this to happen in order for people to realize that the tea Party and right-wing extremist are dangerous.
Sadly, some people think these things 'happen in order to make' something other than death and misery. Whether it's anti religion, race or political opinion; this is just misguided hateful bigotry.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'll give him that, Obama broke his promise to repeal the Patriot Act. He' followed Bush's policies, used information from coercive interrogations and killed Osama Bin Laden.
I wouldn't go so far as to stop worrying because Egypt, Libya and Syria are going down the tubes, genocide continues in the Sudan, Iran is still pursuing nuclear weapons and North Korea still has a nuclear arsenal.
.
<quoted text>I know nothing of his political view and I don't care. His 'guns and gear' is as irrelevant as politics to the Columbine shooting or the communist Lee Harvey Oswald. The murderer is an evil monster who should have a fair trial and if guilty, execution.
I'm concerned about people trying to make a political point out of mass murder. I'm against that type of discourse, I call it vile.
.
<quoted text>Sadly, some people think these things 'happen in order to make' something other than death and misery. Whether it's anti religion, race or political opinion; this is just misguided hateful bigotry.
I hear your points and respect what you bring to the discussion.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#174
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
I find you comment very amusing seeing how the majority of California is and has been Republican controlled for the better part of half a century.
Colorado up until the 2008 election historically has always voted Republican in the General election and now is a toss up pretty evenly divided 50/50 I believe it is a good thing as we will have a better representation without one party dominating.
Locally Denver like most major cities vote Democrat and that is simply demographics.
The State of Colorado is doing fine economically we had a slump but by in large are doing better than many states. If you study demographics you would know most red states are doing worse economically as of the last decade or so than those that are blue.
I drove by the temporary memorial about an hour ago that the public has set up across the street from the theater. There must have been around 200 people there in 100 degree temps. with thousands of flowers, candles, balloons and of course the 12 white crosses. I'm quite positive that the people there mourning the deceased and praying for the living victims and family's of both do not give a damn about politics at this time.
This is not the time or thread to discuss whether the voters of Colorado came from Mars, California or New York City they are Americans.
I find it amusing that liberals are ALWAYS wringing hands and whining that "we're ALL Americans" when their lame arguements are found lacking. While you cannot bar people from california from moving to Colorado it might behoove some of the more conservative residents to quietly explain to the newcomers that if they wish to enjoy the wonders that Colorado offers they should leave their Californian liberalism at the border.

I SAW/LIVED what unchecked,rampant liberalism did to California. I was stationed there thru the '70s and LOVED it. But as time wore on the creeping insidiousness of liberalism forced me to make a choice. I left California with a heavy heart when my time in the Marines was up rather than stay there and live. Liberalism IS a mental illness. One there is no medication for. But there IS a cure....... REALITY.
1 post removed

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>I find it amusing that liberals are ALWAYS wringing hands and whining that "we're ALL Americans" when their lame arguements are found lacking. While you cannot bar people from california from moving to Colorado it might behoove some of the more conservative residents to quietly explain to the newcomers that if they wish to enjoy the wonders that Colorado offers they should leave their Californian liberalism at the border.
I SAW/LIVED what unchecked,rampant liberalism did to California. I was stationed there thru the '70s and LOVED it. But as time wore on the creeping insidiousness of liberalism forced me to make a choice. I left California with a heavy heart when my time in the Marines was up rather than stay there and live. Liberalism IS a mental illness. One there is no medication for. But there IS a cure....... REALITY.
If you are attempting to sway anyone with your rhetoric you are failing miserably.

This is NOT a POLITICAL thread.

Please get some RESPECT...or did you leave that in California as well.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177
Jul 24, 2012
 
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I hear your points and respect what you bring to the discussion.
Good deal, I appreciate your posts and value your perceptions.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#178
Jul 24, 2012
 
karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are attempting to sway anyone with your rhetoric you are failing miserably.
This is NOT a POLITICAL thread.
Please get some RESPECT...or did you leave that in California as well.
Another lame liberal tactic.... Trying to shame the opposition. Hmmmm. Are you PROUD that liberalism fosters mental illness? PROUD that your ideology is SOOOO inclusive that you ostracize people who may have a few conservative ideals they won't sacrifice on the altar of liberalism,but are willing to compromise on others? Some liberals I know are "workable",others are diehard koolaid drinkers. True socialists. NO compromise in them. They KNOW theirs is the TRUE way. There is only one recourse for them.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Another lame liberal tactic.... Trying to shame the opposition. Hmmmm. Are you PROUD that liberalism fosters mental illness? PROUD that your ideology is SOOOO inclusive that you ostracize people who may have a few conservative ideals they won't sacrifice on the altar of liberalism,but are willing to compromise on others? Some liberals I know are "workable",others are diehard koolaid drinkers. True socialists. NO compromise in them. They KNOW theirs is the TRUE way. There is only one recourse for them.
This is a tradgedy where people's loved ones were killed needlessly and all you can do is sit here and b!tch and whine about "liberals"? Just what the f*ck is wrong with you? "Liberals this and liberals that, wahh wahh wahh boo hoo hoo..." SHUT THE F*CK UP!
GADS, humans make me SICK with their straight BULLSHIT sometimes!!
Are you next to go off on some shooting spree? Should you be monitored? Because it sounds like you're going off the deep end here.
Quit whining about your political bullsh!t and try to find one second to mourn for the victims no matter what their political affliliations may have been, you pathetic sniveling b!tch.
What, you gonna call me a "liberal" too like the broken record you are? OOOOOOOH, big man...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,079,002
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min DemocRATS 146,169
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 min Frankie Rizzo 52,164
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 min Forum 305,076
Chick-fil-A Vallejo Location Faces Opposition 12 min Frankie Rizzo 140
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 18 min Quirky 243,772
Some lethal injection problems in US executions 19 min Bama Yankee 1
Bachmann says she may make another presidential... 1 hr kuda 53
Opinion: Rick Perry is dead wrong 1 hr Cat74 95
•••
•••