Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 1,818)

Showing posts 36,341 - 36,360 of105,831
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
While you arrogantly mock the faith of others, you yourself play god by imagining what the world would be like if you designed it. Then you take your childish intuitions and use them to prop up what you consider "science". Evolution is clearly a secular religion, requiring faith in myth and miracle. The only difference between an atheist and a theist is that the atheist propagates scientific fraud in the vain attempt to validate his religion.
This is nothing but projection of the highest order.

I mean seriously HT, do you have anything more than just "atheists are big old meanies"?

When are you gonna get around to the evidence for evolution I provided?

It's only fair, we've deconstructed each and every single one of your posts without fail, you should at LEAST try it with one of ours. At least with something more than crying like a baby.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

In continuation:
If yes, show me where on earth do we have a monkey professor and the likes?
RU CRS

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And any minute now you'll provide the evidence along with the theory that passes the scientific method to go along with it.
Come on man, HTS needs your help!
Do you agree that living things reproduce following patterned instructions that are passed down to them from their forerunners of the same species?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Drew, I plainly don't respond to broken posts, on any topic whatsoever. Now you are being dishonest, and uncivil. Yes, I DO GET TO DICTATE HOW YOU REPLY TO ME. If you do not comply, I will never comply with you. You may, of course, do the same.
You method is unnecessary, and often too abused on forums to take points out of context. I choose not to accept such a dialogue. This will be your last warning.
OH NOES, he's quaking in his boots cuz some crank won't talk to him cuz he already knows that he's firing blanks! DUCK, DREW!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>We know the dust of the earth could have been something other than mud.
Know? How?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And philosophy, theology, and one's world views all have profound implications for scientific inquiry. One who holds to false premises will inevitably create false hypothesis. Groups who hold to false premises will inevitably corrupt science.
Never underestimate the influence of philosophy upon science.
Philosophy is irrelevant when one has results. As an example I give you the scientific theory of evolution. Accepted by the likes of hard-line atheist biologist Richard Dawkins, and also occasionally traipses into apologetics for joe-public Christian biologist Francis Collins. And as you can see on page 885 evolution works the same way without having to worry about the philosophical/theological opinions of either. And should any false premises be found, they will be done so via the scientific method.

One such false premise is that the theory of evolution was falsified by you because you know better despite not even having the slightest education on the subject. However if people let you, you would corrupt science.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Drew, I plainly don't respond to broken posts, on any topic whatsoever. Now you are being dishonest, and uncivil. Yes, I DO GET TO DICTATE HOW YOU REPLY TO ME. If you do not comply, I will never comply with you. You may, of course, do the same.
You method is unnecessary, and often too abused on forums to take points out of context. I choose not to accept such a dialogue. This will be your last warning.
Wow. Your last warning, Drew. LOL
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may kindly interject, which regards to science and religion, there is no difference in Christianity. The whole basis of Christ is that He was witnesses to have walked the earth. History is the scientific data, and unless Christ is exactly who He said He is, God, Christianity is not only false, but a dangerous and worthless ideology based on a lie.
Religion is not exempt from science, or rather, the pursuit of knowledge. No institution has ever endured so long as the Church, this is a scientific fact. Without the use of science to tell us this, there is no reason to pay any special attention to the Church, or any of its claims.
However, with science, all other religions fail ... but one. Of course, that is a terrifying thing to behold. And, it is the principle reason why so many Church Fathers came from the ranks of atheists, and amongst the educated. It was the educated, not the superstitious, that first converted to Christianity, for scientific reasons.
Atheists no that the one way to destroy this particular religion is to separate it from science.
It never WAS a part of science. It's just another religion in a long line of many religions, none any more valid than any other. The reason why the church fathers were amongst the educated is because the Christian powers that be were smart enough to make sure that they had the money and power. Capitalism worked the same back then the same as it does now. They weren't dumb enough to go along with the silly communistic teachings of Jesus!
RU CRS

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Know? How?
The Bible teaches that Adam was made from the dust of the earth. We can define dust as many things other than mud.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the topix atheist will stop at nothing in effort to inject science with their philosophy ... in this case secular humanism.
Don't worry, science doesn't care either way. And the First Amendment guarantees protection from those mean old atheists. Of course you'll have to come up with something a little better than HTS's petty complaints that "science is naturalism!" to get the courts to take you seriously. And as it happens science education is, and has been under threat from creationists for decades, so any rational person would worry about that first.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I do that? His butchering of posts has nothing to do with the subject matter at hand.
We should all play by the rules. Science demands it. But evolutionists are not doing that, at all.
We've demonstrated otherwise. All you jessies can do is cry about them mean old atheists. Newsflash - science doesn't care about anyone's religious or philosophical opinions.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
None of this addresses the validity of common ancestry. This HAS been pointed out to you numerous times over. The only rational conclusion can be is that you're simply just another in a long line of fundie liars for Jesus.
The day you present any actual problems for the theory of evolution, believe me, we'll notice.
Yeah and who are you telling your fundie lies for? Darwin? You would not know the truth if it sat on you. What do you really care about matters of truth? You and others promote a program that is patently absurd and ridicule others who disagree. At the end of the day that is all you got other than pictures and a story. Perpetrate fraud on children, most of whom could care less and keep each other stupid. Your whole system will not stand.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.apparentlyapparel.com/2/post/2011/...
Just because something is universally accepted does not make it factual.
Theories have always come and gone, and always will has we learn more.
Yes, and Atlantis really DID exist. Fantastic resource ya got there.

Cuckooooooooooo
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I detect hostility, Aura? Sad. There really is no place in a dialogue for this kind of posting.
Dialogue? What dialogue?

Since: Apr 12

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

HTS wrote:
The theory of evolution clearly states that god did not create life.
Can you supply a quote?
I have read several books by Evolutionists and none of them discuss theology.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
In continuation:
If yes, show me where on earth do we have a monkey professor and the likes?
Not only do we agree, we also demonstrated it. But no, cranks aside, evolution does not promote the idea of monkey professors. However you ARE a great ape. Just like every other human being.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah and who are you telling your fundie lies for? Darwin? You would not know the truth if it sat on you. What do you really care about matters of truth? You and others promote a program that is patently absurd and ridicule others who disagree. At the end of the day that is all you got other than pictures and a story. Perpetrate fraud on children, most of whom could care less and keep each other stupid. Your whole system will not stand.
In that case you should have no problem debunking it then, should you?

Page 885.

Go.

Now.

And once you've dealt with that we'll give you some more.

Remember beamer, your mere disagreement with me does not make me a liar. You have to demonstrate that.

Funny how it tends to work out the other way around...
1 post removed
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you supply a quote?
I have read several books by Evolutionists and none of them discuss theology.
To be fair, some do. Take Dawkins and the guy that he mentioned - Will Provine. The difference is though that popular science books are *not* peer-reviewed published science papers.

Of course all HTS can do is ignore the fact that no scientific paper supports his claims, and the fact that many theists also accept evolution. The atheist caricature must not fall! Else he will have nothing to argue about.(shrug)
RU CRS

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do we agree, we also demonstrated it. But no, cranks aside, evolution does not promote the idea of monkey professors. However you ARE a great ape. Just like every other human being.
Are there differences in chromosome instructions for ape reproduction and that of humans, and if so why do you think something so small would make such a hugh difference?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible teaches that Adam was made from the dust of the earth.
That's not 'knowing'. That is believing.
RU CRS wrote:
We can define dust as many things other than mud.
Understood. You can make shit up to suit your needs. Got it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 36,341 - 36,360 of105,831
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••