Romney Signs on to Anti-Gay Group's Campaign Pledge

Aug 5, 2011 Full story: EDGE 12,989

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has signed on to a campaign pledge created by the anti-gay National Organization for Marriage, a group that seeks to obstruct marriage equality and, in states where gay and lesbian families are legally allowed to wed, to roll family parity back.

Full Story

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#11205 May 26, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
That's a good point. I happen to think there's a good reason marriage is between man and woman.
Thatís lovely, but your opinion does not rise to the level of a compelling state interest to deny fellow citizens equal protection of the laws.
Brian_G wrote:
I happen to like all the standards around marriage, anti-bigamist, anti-incest, anti-pedophile, anti-forced marriage and male/female gender ratio; I like marriage as is;
Brian, for each of the partices you cite where that are disallowed there is a legitimate state interest served by disallowing them. Bigamy seeks inherently greater protection of the law, incest results in a medically known higher rate of birth defects and mental illness, in pedophilia the minor cannot legally consent, and similarly forced marriage implies a lack of consent.

Do you possess the grey matter to indicate a legitimate state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry? Because I donít think you do.
Brian_G wrote:
I'm a moderate.
Arguing for fellow citizens to be held as second class citizens wwith less than equal protection of the law isnít moderate, it is infantile.
Brian_G wrote:
I don't want same sex marriage because I don't want to change ANY marriage standard, not just the male/female part.
Of course, you seem to lack the capacity to indicate even so much as a rational basis to deny constitutionally guaranteed equal protection of the laws.
Brian_G wrote:
That makes me a conservative; to keep the definition of marriage.
No, it makes you an idiot to argue against the rights of fellow countrymen.
Brian_G wrote:
That's why I like Romney and think Obama is making a mistake, on the wrong side of history with this issue.
Funny, a growing majority support marriage equality, while support dwindles. Heck, even Mittens once supported gay marriage, having been the governor of the first state to legally allow the practice.

Of course, you would like a candidate with no backbone who has been on both sides of just about every issue out there.
Brian_G wrote:
You know M.L. will never shut me up?
Pity.
Brian_G wrote:
I like her posts, because of the clarity. We respect the dignity of our LGBT neighbors,
This is nothing more than BS. You cannot say you respect someoneís dignity while arguing against their constitutional rights.
Brian_G wrote:
want to join against common enemy; those opposing democratic intercourse, and consider this a minor political dispute.
Fundamental rights are not subject to Democracy.ďOne's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections.Ē West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)
Brian_G wrote:
I hope to see more of Mona's posts because it shows we're wearing them down, we're winning!
No, youíre not. You havenít even been able to offer a rational basis for your position, which is risible.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11206 May 26, 2012
lides wrote:
Bigamy seeks inherently greater protection of the law,
Any marriage would, especially marriages with children. What I like about you is your consistency. You wake up stupid and stay that way all day long.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11207 May 26, 2012
lides wrote:
to deny fellow citizens equal protection of the laws.
Anyone who attempts to control what elementary school children think about homosexuals and homosexualty in a way that is inconsistent with family values is not my fellow citizen. I'm sure they're yours though.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#11208 May 26, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Any marriage would, especially marriages with children. What I like about you is your consistency. You wake up stupid and stay that way all day long.
Is marriage a choice, yes or no?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11209 May 26, 2012
lides wrote:
Of course, you would like a candidate with no backbone who has been on both sides of just about every issue out there.
They all bow to the dollar. Obama flip-flopped on marriage, is beholding to the municipal unions and lied about "shovel ready jobs."
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11210 May 26, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Is buying a new Ferrari a choice? Yes or no.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11211 May 26, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Does any marriage get greater protection? Yes or no.
Does each new child in a family increase that protection? Yes or no.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11212 May 26, 2012
lides wrote:
You cannot say you respect someoneís dignity while arguing against their constitutional rights.
There is no constitutional right to gay marriage.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#11213 May 26, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Does any marriage get greater protection? Yes or no.
Does each new child in a family increase that protection? Yes or no.
Quid pro quo, I asked first. Is marriage a choice, yes or no?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11214 May 26, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You know M.L. will never shut me up? I like her posts, because of the clarity. We respect the dignity of our LGBT neighbors, want to join against common enemy; those opposing democratic intercourse, and consider this a minor political dispute.
I hope to see more of Mona's posts because it shows we're wearing them down, we're winning!
Don't you mean whining?

You live in a dream world, Brian.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11215 May 26, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
When gay marriage is legal they use it to corrupt elementary school kids and alienate the kids from their family values.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =puI4pfRB0w0XX
When gay marriage is legal they use it to educate elementary school kids about reality and alienate them from stupidity.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11216 May 26, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no constitutional right to gay marriage.
That remains to be seen. Ever hear of substantive due process?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11217 May 26, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Quid pro quo, I asked first. Is marriage a choice, yes or no?
Translation: Wondering, you got me again.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11218 May 26, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
When gay marriage is legal they use it to educate elementary school kids about reality and alienate them from stupidity.
If that were true they would teach them about how gays spread HIV in this country and how their disorder makes people of the same sex sexually attractive to them. Gay advocates want no part of teaching them facts.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11219 May 26, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
That remains to be seen. Ever hear of substantive due process?
Marriage is a state issue, the supreme court has made that very clear. Good luck with that.
Sawbers pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

#11220 May 26, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were true they would teach them about how gays spread HIV in this country and how their disorder makes people of the same sex sexually attractive to them. Gay advocates want no part of teaching them facts.
Those aren't the facts, silly.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#11221 May 26, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Translation: Wondering, you got me again.
No, the correct translation would be that Wondering is afraid to answer simple and direct questions, and incapable of understanding larger posts that contain two or more questions.

Sawbers pudenda

Hoboken, NJ

#11222 May 26, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a state issue, the supreme court has made that very clear. Good luck with that.
Thank you for admitting that DOMA is unconstitutional.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11223 May 26, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the correct translation would be that Wondering is afraid to answer simple and direct questions, and incapable of understanding larger posts that contain two or more questions.
No, you've asked that question many times and it has been answered many times. Stop being so boring and stupid. Now, answer my questions, you've been ducking them for weeks.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11224 May 26, 2012
Sawbers pudenda wrote:
<quoted text>
Those aren't the facts, silly.
You mean homosexually doesn't involve being attracted to people of the same sex? Have you been talking to Justice Dumbass?

Oh, and the HIV thing, male/male sex is the leading cause of new cases year in and year out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min X -Man- 272,890
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 10 min Everybody Loves S... 1,622
Justices allow Texas to enforce strict voter ID... 11 min xxxrayted 286
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 12 min Six_Of_One 56,773
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min EasyEed 1,129,317
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 13 min Be serious 11,326
Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal itself off 15 min barefoot2626 42
Eugene Robinson: The Islamic State fight is tur... 30 min barefoot2626 204
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 48 min barefoot2626 911

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE