Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
239,601 - 239,620 of 305,184 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you did, right here:
"It's her business. Let's leave it to her, shall we?"
??
How is that a demand? It was a suggestion, nothing more.

If I had said "LEAVE MRS. DUGGAR'S BUSINESS TO MRS. DUGGAR!!!", now that would have been a demand.

(and a damn silly one, too.)

:)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
Do those of us with a pro-choice stance,'need' to be the ones asking this question? Shouldn't it be left up to the woman and her physician?
How is it any of our business? Just because she puts it out there, are we REQUIRED to comment on it?
"Do those of us with a pro-choice stance,'need' to be the ones asking this question?"

Where did I saw *we*(as in pro-choice) need to be the ones asking the question? I believe I said "the question needs to be asked" but I didn't say by whom.

"Shouldn't it be left up to the woman and her physician?"

I asked about if having so many offspring is detrimental to the other children in the family, not abortion, so how is that to be left up in part to the physician?

LNM..."At some point the question needs to be asked...where does Mother Duggan's rights to have so many offspring become detrimental to her children?"

"Just because she puts it out there, are we REQUIRED to comment on it?"

Where did I say we are "REQUIRED to comment..."? If it's in the public spotlight people will comment, you won't change that fact. I mean, you're here commenting.

"How is it any of our business?"

Where did I say it was any of our business? I never did.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi "Ink!"
How've you been?
Do you mind terribly if I ask you where you draw the proverbial "line?"
If you're able to save the life of the mother at the expense of the life of the "child," do you(personally) consider that a worthwhile endeavor...?
If so, why...?
If not, why...?
Good to hear from you again.

First very few incidences would require that call. But in the true case of the mother's survival and she can't be monitored and managed to the point of having a viable child I would expect the mother to take actions that would save her life whether it would be to have an etopic pregnancy ended or be treated with chemicals that could kill the fetus.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

<quoted text>Um.
Thank you for your prompt and honest response.
I don't recall mentioning a 'televised abortion', just the televised intent to obtain an abortion at all. Personally, my response would be "Why would you put that on national television?" and ignoring it otherwise.(That's what the 'off' button is for.)
I like to think I would not say "Burn her. Burn her at the stake for doing that. She lost all rights to reproductive freedom when she gave up her privacy."
JMO
My personal feeling is, that women in the United States take our rights far too much for 'granted'- they were EARNED, and until we no longer have to 'earn' them, they're not fully recognized - even by our sisters.
Not a popular view, perhaps, but mine, nonetheless.
I agree women's civil rights have been hard won after being earned. At the same time, though, I question why women have to earn rights. Men don't. And nobody talks about making legal decisions regarding men's healthcare. Like enshrining their sperm or making laws about what they can do with their sperm. One good thing, though, at least science has shown it is males' chromosomes that decide gender. No more drowning women who only produce girls. Right?

Regarding the Duggars or any female involved in reality TV, I don't think they give up their rights because they take a paycheck for being televised. I do believe society, as a whole, is very judgmental. And while several handfuls of women might cringe at the judgements made, a majority would say, "It served her right!"

JMO
1 post removed
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Well, dan quayle used to note the importance of bondage between a mother and child. I guess it would be important for the extended family too...:)
<quoted text>
Heh, Cptr!

Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

1 Brilliant Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the ACers are just envious, bitter, fools. Pisses em off that their god won't smite everyone they hate and can not force to submit to their loony whims.
And our babies keep having beautiful babies!!:-)
Oh and how dare you not force that woman to abort that fetus immediately upon conception? You are no longer a pro abort in good standing. You'd better get with the program or Satan will have his way with you. Be very afraid!! No more celebrating live birth! Someone might think we are ALL pro life!!
LOLOL
Darn it! What was I thinking anyway? They're already so confused -- what with supporting women's rights being mixed up with only supporting abortion. Besides, I got smited pretty good the other day. But don't tell 'em. They'll wanna hear all the dirt.

And baby is beautiful. I'll get back to signing in and putting up a pic soon. Take care, Chicky :)
details details

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Don't worry, freak show.. I would never tell a sweet child about the maniacal delusions of a ravening religious lunatic.
If my grandson is gay, he is already gay, and it could only make me love him more and more. Atheists are loving, kind, and accepting like that, you gibbering, hate filled, psycho.
would you tell that same sweet child that you would've supported his death as choice?
You'd love him More and more if he was gay but you'd have advocated killing him as choice if his mom didn't simply want him?
Not adding up chucky. You don't sound too brilliant or sane.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to hear from you again.
First very few incidences would require that call. But in the true case of the mother's survival and she can't be monitored and managed to the point of having a viable child I would expect the mother to take actions that would save her life whether it would be to have an etopic pregnancy ended or be treated with chemicals that could kill the fetus.
Why did you decide to call the unborn baby, a fetus, all of a sudden? Don't get me wrong, a fetus is the correct term, but you PLs make such a huge point of calling a fetus a baby, when discussing abortion. Hmmmm, interesting...
pomegranate lover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
False equivalent.
An atheist doesn't claim to be following the dogma of a specific cult, like the Duggars, while behaving in direct opposition to that dogma.
Either a fetus is sacred enough to protect from termination or it's not.
Tell that to your side who support restrictions and fetal homicide laws. Can't sit on a fence. Like you said,either you think life in the womb is sacred or its not. Hypocrites will play games. Even Kath lust poster said it.
LadiLulu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>How is that a demand? It was a suggestion, nothing more.
If I had said "LEAVE MRS. DUGGAR'S BUSINESS TO MRS. DUGGAR!!!", now that would have been a demand.
(and a damn silly one, too.)
It was a polite demand, make no mistake.

Whatever.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

elise in burke wrote:
<quoted text> Why did you decide to call the unborn baby, a fetus, all of a sudden? Don't get me wrong, a fetus is the correct term, but you PLs make such a huge point of calling a fetus a baby, when discussing abortion. Hmmm, interesting...
I use them interchangeably. A fetus, for me is an unborn baby.
1 post removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree women's civil rights have been hard won after being earned. At the same time, though, I question why women have to earn rights. Men don't. And nobody talks about making legal decisions regarding men's healthcare. Like enshrining their sperm or making laws about what they can do with their sperm.
I've been questioning that dichotomy my entire life. Often my unwillingness to just accept it and shut up about it, has resulted in my being called a 'man-hater', a 'lesbian', a 'feminazi' or a 'whiner, who resents her own gender'. Highly annoying, to say the least.

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>One good thing, though, at least science has shown it is males' chromosomes that decide gender. No more drowning women who only produce girls. Right?
I fervently hope so.....
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>Regarding the Duggars or any female involved in reality TV, I don't think they give up their rights because they take a paycheck for being televised. I do believe society, as a whole, is very judgmental. And while several handfuls of women might cringe at the judgements made, a majority would say, "It served her right!"
JMO
Yes, that's all true, and very sad.
JMO
2 posts removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a polite demand, make no mistake.
Whatever.
We're just going to have to 'agree to disagree' here, I think.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm sorry but you did insinuate that people here expressing an opinion on the Dugars odd behavior had a detrimental effect on their very freedoms and humanity.
Now you are stating it doesn't??
Grammar police, much?
"I am curious to know if you think women who continually try for children after miscarrying, are actually committing serial abortion."
Aren't they? Of course it's only a problem for them if they think a fetus is sacred and that abortion is murder. According to their own opinions of the holy fetus they are being selfish and causing the demise of "innocence".
Personally, I don't care what they do. Mostly because as in the case of any abortion, I am unaware of the event. Whether medical or spontaneous. It's only those exploiting their families on TV that I know about.
You were the one making the issue of people expressing their personal opinions about a controversial public figure. But you changed your mind.
Wow. Ok - I asked why the Duggars' reproductive choices were being judged by folks who claim not to judge the reproductive choices of women in general, and that no one should judge the reproductive choices of others. Rather than examine the motives for judging the Duggars, I was informed that those folks have every right to judge the Duggars, because the Duggars are television personalities.
If you don't want to examine this hypocrisy, I'm certainly not going to DEMAND that you do. I was just laboring under the impression that I was conversing with women of thoughtful intelligence - if I was mistaken, I stand corrected.
C'est la vie.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>We're just going to have to 'agree to disagree' here, I think.
I'm not sure ... 100%- but that doesn't sound like La to me. Could be wrong - happens.

When people do not sign in - I pay attention - sometimes they are on vacation - but in this case - I don't think so.

As far as 19 and counting - she and her tribe were on "Say Yes to the Dress" - wedding gowns - because Michelle wanted to renew vows but she was picky - no strapless for her. I clicked it off. Perhaps she'll make the Guinness Book of World Records - but at this point - I think not. Still! She gave it a really good and profitable try!

Buddy system? Same as day care imo. However one of the regs here thinks that women belong at home to raise kids. No opinion on that - Michelle stays home and still had no choice but to implement the "buddy system". What pray tell is the difference?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
He wasn't him before birth. So sorry facts confuse you.
Who was he?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Why?
Do those of us with a pro-choice stance,'need' to be the ones asking this question? Shouldn't it be left up to the woman and her physician?
How is it any of our business? Just because she puts it out there, are we REQUIRED to comment on it?
Nobody is required to comment, but are are entitled to. Interesting thing about the Duggars; even people who don't watch their show (like me) or don't have pay TV (like me) know about them. So, if Mrs. Duggar makes her private business, very public business, she obviously isn't opposed to people talking about her. Afterall, if the public isn't interested, they won't pay attention, and she doesn't make money.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure ... 100%- but that doesn't sound like La to me. Could be wrong - happens.
When people do not sign in - I pay attention - sometimes they are on vacation - but in this case - I don't think so.
Well, that would explain a lot, wouldn't it? I hadn't thought about this possibility, but you may be right...
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>As far as 19 and counting - she and her tribe were on "Say Yes to the Dress" - wedding gowns - because Michelle wanted to renew vows but she was picky - no strapless for her. I clicked it off. Perhaps she'll make the Guinness Book of World Records - but at this point - I think not. Still! She gave it a really good and profitable try!
Buddy system? Same as day care imo. However one of the regs here thinks that women belong at home to raise kids. No opinion on that - Michelle stays home and still had no choice but to implement the "buddy system". What pray tell is the difference?
The only differences I can think of are the 'not having to pay the sitter' part, and sibling rivalry, both of which have the potential to yield far more unfortunate results (JMO)...but otherwise, there's no difference.

JMO again.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I use them interchangeably. A fetus, for me is an unborn baby.
That's what most people do, which is quite natural. So, in your opinion, it's okay to kill your unborn baby in order to save your own life. It makes sense to me. We agree on something, finally :-)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm sorry but you did insinuate that people here expressing an opinion on the Dugars odd behavior had a detrimental effect on their very freedoms and humanity.
Now you are stating it doesn't??
Grammar police, much?
"I am curious to know if you think women who continually try for children after miscarrying, are actually committing serial abortion."p
Aren't they? Of course it's only a problem for them if they think a fetus is sacred and that abortion is murder. According to their own opinions of the holy fetus they are being selfish and causing the demise of "innocence".
Personally, I don't care what they do. Mostly because as in the case of any abortion, I am unaware of the event. Whether medical or spontaneous. It's only those exploiting their families on TV that I know about.
You were the one making the issue of people expressing their personal opinions about a controversial public figure. But you changed your mind.
Yup.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••