Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,850
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#252569 Aug 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From a personal perspective, I am not angry or contemptuous but a lot of anger and contempt is directed towards me. I'm sure you have seen it.
Pure evasion, as expected. You wrote..."I post here because I am facinated and amused by some of the PCers anger at and contempt for the other side."

I asked you straight out what you thought of the anger and contempt coming from your pro-life side?

What you wrote instead was just self-serving crap.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#252570 Aug 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Ms. Ink says that we should have no worries because abortion is legal and is protected under RvW. Of course, she disregards that at the state level, PLs are doing everything they can to strip us of our abortion rights.
If this was just about a difference of opinion, and not about the effort to deny woman of their rights, I would have no problem with Ms. Ink.
Don't forget their efforts to limit contraceptive availability, also.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#252571 Aug 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see anything anywhere that says an abortion is reccommended.
You didn't look very hard either. Nobody medically "recommends" abortion - but its presented as a very viable option in EVERY case.
Tat Sachs is considered a "birth defect" and many children are born with birth defects.
Tay Sachs is NOT a birth defect. What oriface are you pulling this bullshit from Lynne? People can live with birth defects. Cleft palate is a birth defect. Webbed toes are a birth defect. Dwarfism is a birth defect. Tay Sachs is NOT a birth defect - Tay Sachs is a 100% GUARANTEED horrible death, its a genetic disorder NOT a birth defect.

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology/b103/f02...

From The Absense of Hope:

"Once the symptoms begin, they grow progressively worse. First, normal development slows, stops, and eventually reverses. Often the baby loses newly-acquired skills such as the ability to crawl, roll over, and interact with its environment. Second, the baby loses peripheral vision and exhibits an "abnormal startle response." Third, general mental function becomes clearly debilitated, and the baby experiences recurrent seizures. Often, children lose coordination, ability to swallow, and respiratory ease. Ultimately, the child becomes blind, deaf, paralyzed, mentally retarded, and completely unable to interact with or respond to his/her environment"

"Once the mother is pregnant, she has two options for prenatal diagnosis. The first, amniocentesis, involves removing a small amount of amniotic fluid during the sixteenth week of pregnancy (10). If there is an absence of Hex-A in the fluid, the fetus is affected by TSD, and the couple can choose to have a therapeutic abortion. Another, newer option is chorionic villus sampling (CVS), which is performed during the tenth week of pregnancy (11). This procedure involves removing a small amount of placenta, and test results are returned more quickly than with amniocentesis. Also, should the couple choose to have an abortion, CVS allows them more privacy and safer pregnancy termination."
"You also might seek support from a group such as the National Tay-Sachs and Allied Diseases Foundation or the March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation."
@@ For the record, NTSADF that you mention is for AFTER a CHILD is born and is dying.

In FACT, NTSADF actively advocates for women to make the CHOICE to abort by OFFERING it as a viable option.

And in discussing prenatal testing, they END their article here by saying

"Consider how the test results will help you prepare for the birth or end of the pregnancy before undergoing the procedure."

http://www.ntsad.org/index.php/carrier-screen...

In FACT, they also talk about it here:

http://www.ntsad.org/index.php/family-plannin...

Prenatal Screening
Prenatal Screening: Refers to a variety of tests to determine the health of the fetus. In some cases of known carrier couples of genetic disease prenatal analysis can show if the fetus is affected by the disease. See Amniocentesis and Chorionic villus sampling (CVS). with the option to end an affected pregnancy. Read about prenatal screening. For those who elect to undergo a pregnancy termination, A Heartbreaking Choice offers support at www.aheartbreakingchoice.com .

They do NOT recommend gestating until birth, tho they will help and support after.
It doesn't say "ABORTION" is reccommended. It does say that it can be detected from the amniotic fluid, so the parents know what they'll be dealing with.
You read ONE part of ONE site - then STOPPED READING when you found something you thought supported your idiotic ideas.

Typical stupidity from you.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#252572 Aug 13, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure evasion, as expected. You wrote..."I post here because I am facinated and amused by some of the PCers anger at and contempt for the other side."
I asked you straight out what you thought of the anger and contempt coming from your pro-life side?
What you wrote instead was just self-serving crap.
Did you actually expect a direct, honest answer?

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

#252573 Aug 13, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
What Is a Human Being?
You have played the silly dictionary game before and I have no doubt whatsoever that you are smart enough to know how dishonest it is, but you persist in pretending your logical fallacy of equivocation is not a fallacy.
At what point does that non-being become a being, and what in the definition of "being" establishes that thresh-hold? Therefore to say, "... by all the empirical evidence, an embryo is clearly a human being," is (if you'll pardon me using your phrase) "playing linguistic games", because the phrase "human being" is itself not defined in empirical terms.
That conclusion is incorrect - it is empirically defined.
-If you have a source that defines a human being in empirically measurable terms, I would be glad to consider it. This is not quibbling: if it is your intent to accuse others of the crime of murder, then it is your responsibility to establish that a murder has in fact occurred. To do that, you must first establish that the subject is more than human tissue, that it is in fact a person - which in turn requires that we define precisely what a "person" or "human being" is
And of course depending on the definition you put on "empirically measurable" such definitions exist - in most legal jurisdictions on earth. Furthermore since the legal definition is the codification of the social consensus, and since there is universal social consensus on the meaning of the word phrase, there are certainly empirical standards for measurement.
http://eileen.undonet.com/Main/KreeftBeckwith...
Yes, well thank you Rachel. I'm sure that your post makes sense - but since I've not accused others of murder or placed "empirically measurable" definitions of such and there is no universal social concensus of same - uhm, I guess you'll have to dumb it down for me some more. Sorry to trouble you - but it is, what it is.

In other news, there was a ground hog in my north yard. Cute little bugger. I urged it to eat the weeds that spring forth despite my uncaring and negligent fight with same.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#252574 Aug 13, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, she has delusions of self-grandeur. A fat head. I get it.
She suffers from NPD, as well:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#252575 Aug 13, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually expect a direct, honest answer?
No, I knew I wouldn't get an actual answer. I got exactly what I expected...an evasion.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#252576 Aug 13, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
She suffers from NPD, as well:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0...
Clearly.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#252578 Aug 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if community of you idiots thinks you know who I am. It's funny to watch you claim things you don't have any idea about. I've already said there are reasons people can "sound" the same without being the ame person, but you'll still keep being the dumb bunny you are.
There is no reason anyone would CHOOSE to "sound" like you Lynnie, and you ARE the OP that used to post here as Lynne D, there's NO doubt about that.

But keep lying about it Lynne, its endlessly amusing to watch.

Location hidden

#252579 Aug 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>

lol. You think stating that about someone, while that person intellectually OWNS you,
ROFLMAO!! Lynniekins, you coudn't "OWN" a cockroach in the dark in a pile of debris.

Prove I don't have a high school and college education, dumb bunny.
You have a GED Lynnie you've said as much here. A monkey could get that. As for college, you made a LOT of claims, but backed NOTHING up.

In fact, with your years of postings, you've shown you never got much beyond 9th grade. LOL!!
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#252580 Aug 13, 2012
IT COMES AT THIS PROPER TIME TO PRESENT MOMENTS TO REFLECT WHY THINGS ARE SO WRONG TO YOU ALL--IT IS BECAUSE OF THE WRONGFULNESS OF OBAMA, BIDEN AND THEIR COMPANY.

You ought to know to to your job for your better future. You have to remind IT HAS BEEN the major blunder that Obama-Biden presence at this point of time has been VIVIDLY demonstrating their poor showing with bad public acts --this is a total embarrassment.

YOU NEED TO REVERT THE CHANGE IN ORDER TO BECOME PRODUCTIVE--OTHERWISE YOU CAN NEVER GET Ahead SUCCESSFULLY.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO BUILD MORE AND LARGE CROWDS NOW AND BLASTING OPENLY AGAINST OBAMA AND BIDEN.

THE INDICATION WILL INDICATE CLEARLY TO TELL PEOPLE THEY OBAMA AND BIDEN HAVE BEEN DOING THE WRONG BUSINESS IN THE PUBLIC OFFICE.

THE COUNTRY'S BUSINESS SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN IN THEIR HANDS TO MESS UP.

THIS IS TIME TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL PEOPLE KNOW THE FUTURE AHEAD FOR ALL TO ELECT ROMNEY AND RYAN AS THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO ACCOMPLISH DOING THE RIGHT BUSINESS FOR THEM.

AND THAT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO FOR ALL.

You have to get going all the time.

You have to steer and bring up the polls before going to Romney's convention by not relying on expecting polls bouncing up due to Convention.

You have to not only maintain polls going up after Convention, but keep on going after that.

Then you watch the Democrats' Party Convention by taking notes to make sure to bash them back.

At this time, Ryan needs to work on own more before Convention, to have full preparation beyond debates and stack up attacking Obama-Biden.
Ryan has to make it a critical importance that he must do a lot of work before becoming to be the Next VP of USA.
He would work with Romney's schedule and other matters ,including Romney's budget--but the budget should not be made much an issue because they may be only more applicable once they hold office.

The election can be, and also is not about the budget in general.
It may have something to do with image, personalities and public acts , skills, charisma, communication abilty , appearance-showing, stands (including positions on issues), direction and policies.

Right now, you need to get aggressive to block and bicker the pathetic OBAMA-BIDEN TALKING ABOUT NUISANCE OF A WOWAN'S CANCER AND OUTSOURCING because they are the ones who cause them.

Then all you have to do is to get really tough after Labor Day.

Florida is a very important state.
Despite California is leaning whichever way, it still needs to devote effort there.

Florida , Pennsylvania, Ohio,(and Virginia, Carolinas), are very critically important to make certain to do more about what are needed to be done.

YOU NEED TO DO THE RIGHT THINGS FROM NOW ON AND MAKE THEM RIGHT BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CARE FOR YOURSELF AND MAKE IT--THERE IS NO OTHER WAY THAT YOU MUST KNOW.

Location hidden

#252581 Aug 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just kill off every person with a birth defect, because according to you twits, they're better off dead anyway.
In MANY cases, they ARE better off dead you idiot. Its unpleasant, but its a FACT of life.
You idiots talk as though it's pro-lifers who want a perfect world, but it's you fools who talk as though that's what you expect. If there's a birth defect, KILL the human life in utero, rather than allow life to go on as it was meant to.
Who says it's "as it was meant to"?? You DO know that in the last century, it was MEANT to die, right? Many times brutally, horribly and often alone? People ABANDONED babies with "birth defects" you imbicile. People couldn't hand it, emotionally, financially and physically. The ONLY difference now is that medicine can keep these poor souls alive much longer than they were "meant to" be. Babies that were born so terribly harmed, altered or sick were "meant to be" dead, and were left to die.

You know why Downs Syndrome is not as prevelent today? Because people ABORT those fetus's early on. Is that "right"?? For many, YES it is. CAN those downs kids live full lives? Some of them, yes. Others are still abandoned to state homes, nursing homes and the like. You act like we're talking about MINOR "birth defects", and the FACT is that nobody is talking about that. We're talking about conditons that are not compatable with ongoing life.

YOU want to take care of those kids? Go adopt some of them. Tho I doubt you'd be allowed to adopt.
You people don't see any purpose whatsoever for the existance of children with serious defects especially if they'd die, and that says something about your ignorance and callousness and not anything about pro-lifers, or about the parents of the children with the serious birth defects.
And YOU act like all parents of these fatally ill children want these kids, when the FACT is that MANY of them would have aborted if they'd known as has been proven MANY times now.

DOnt you DARE act like YOU are the spokesman for these parents. YOu aren't SHIT and you dont speak for anyone but yourself.
Because there's an organization for Tay Sachs, that means there are parents who don't think the way you fools do. They have chosen to have and love their children and make them as comfortable as possible until what's going to happen happens. Go ahead and judge those people as being cruel for wanting their Tay Sachs child born, like you judge pro-lifers who don't believe in killing those children in utero.
Most parents of Tay-Sachs parents I've met didn't know their child would have it until it was born, until it was too late. MOST of the parents I've met have admitted they'd have aborted if they'd have known. They didn't CHOOSE to have a child with Tay Sachs, but they DID deal with the disease and their dying child because they HAD to, not because they wanted to.

Nobody here has said in ANY WAY that those parents are "cruel", so stop your ignorant lying. You seem to forget, that in the Jewish faith, abortion is NOT the theological issue it is for extremist Christians. For those that find out and abort, its heartbreaking, but its not as heartbreaking as gestating a child that you KNOW will die a horriffic death.

If you ever witnessed such a death, you'd not be mouthing off about something you know NOTHING about.

Location hidden

#252582 Aug 13, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I usually don't reply to your grants, but I saw tht you replied to this post.
You self-righteous, megalomaniacal bitch...who the hell do you think you are determining what is "meant to be", or actually thinking a baby with no CHANCE of survival is better off knowing nothing but suffering.
The loss of a child can be devastating, but what do you care? Once they are born, they mean NOTHING to you and your christer fascists. If your god decides to make children rot away and die, then you worship an a-hole. But then, birds of a feather, and all.
<quoted text>
BRAVO! Worth a repeat and 100% DEAD ON!

Guess hers were "meant to be" dead in a toilet. She's an idiot.

Location hidden

#252583 Aug 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot, and your logic about late term abortions is senseless.
Oh lookie, Lynniekins is projecting again! LOL!

Location hidden

#252584 Aug 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Decided to stop lurking and grace us with your presence here, huh?
Thank you ever so much for your intellectually superior and eloquently constructed post in which you stated nothing at all and nitpicked a typo. You've done your job, oh so intellectually superior one. Will you now be crawling back to the dark hole from which you came, and continue lurking until such time as you feel it necessary to grace us with such, again?
Again, Lynnie projects.

You LIKE being a punching bag clearly Lynniekins. How pathetic you are.

Location hidden

#252585 Aug 13, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>One last time:
NOBODY HERE RECOMMENDS ABORTION!!!
Exactly. Nobody ever said ANYTHING about "recommending" abortion. However, it IS an option, a legitimate and viable one, and it IS PART of what is offered EVERY TIME when Tay-Sachs is diagnosed early enough.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#252587 Aug 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Foo's being unfair. I think you're as smart as a high schooler.
Oh I think she's as smart at LEAST as a high school drop out of her low calaber can be.

Location hidden

#252588 Aug 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate what you are saying but I never was a bible reader and that's not where my feelings come from. I do believe in God as a Creator and someone we all have to answer to someday.
I have no idea why God chooses when we die but I believe it all fits into His plan.
My objection to abortion is simple. I don't believe that we have a right to take another human beings life and because I don't know exactly when the unborn baby becomes a life to God that He a has a purpose for, I can't except any woman's or man's idea of when he/she can be disposed of.
If you beleive in a version of g-d that is all seeing and all knowing, not to mention all powerful, then He KNOWS when a fetus will be aborted, and if He didn't want it that way, he'd stop it. Period.

It REALLY IS that simple. The religious freaks want it both ways.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#252590 Aug 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

The fact that another human being is killed during an abortion is not debateable either.
Actually, it IS debatable, since no 'human beings' are killed by abortion, unless the woman doing the gestating dies during the procedure.

Your view that it IS a "human being' is a religious/theological view. One not everyone shares.

Location hidden

#252591 Aug 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference between Human and human being? I think you are splitting hairs.
Your shit is 'human', its NOT a human being.

You playing stupid constantly is not attractive Inkstain.

You pretending you dont know the difference is not only splitting hairs, its stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min dirtclod 117,399
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,115,255
Obama vows "relentless" fight against ISIS 3 min barefoot2626 403
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min X -Man- 265,629
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 4 min barefoot2626 604
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min US Bombs Muslims 155,469
SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) 4 min Hoosier HiIIbilly 94
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 14 min Go Blue Forever 664
Can Sarah Palin save Pat Roberts in tight Kansa... 31 min GOTP 45

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE