Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,294
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#252581 Aug 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just kill off every person with a birth defect, because according to you twits, they're better off dead anyway.
In MANY cases, they ARE better off dead you idiot. Its unpleasant, but its a FACT of life.
You idiots talk as though it's pro-lifers who want a perfect world, but it's you fools who talk as though that's what you expect. If there's a birth defect, KILL the human life in utero, rather than allow life to go on as it was meant to.
Who says it's "as it was meant to"?? You DO know that in the last century, it was MEANT to die, right? Many times brutally, horribly and often alone? People ABANDONED babies with "birth defects" you imbicile. People couldn't hand it, emotionally, financially and physically. The ONLY difference now is that medicine can keep these poor souls alive much longer than they were "meant to" be. Babies that were born so terribly harmed, altered or sick were "meant to be" dead, and were left to die.

You know why Downs Syndrome is not as prevelent today? Because people ABORT those fetus's early on. Is that "right"?? For many, YES it is. CAN those downs kids live full lives? Some of them, yes. Others are still abandoned to state homes, nursing homes and the like. You act like we're talking about MINOR "birth defects", and the FACT is that nobody is talking about that. We're talking about conditons that are not compatable with ongoing life.

YOU want to take care of those kids? Go adopt some of them. Tho I doubt you'd be allowed to adopt.
You people don't see any purpose whatsoever for the existance of children with serious defects especially if they'd die, and that says something about your ignorance and callousness and not anything about pro-lifers, or about the parents of the children with the serious birth defects.
And YOU act like all parents of these fatally ill children want these kids, when the FACT is that MANY of them would have aborted if they'd known as has been proven MANY times now.

DOnt you DARE act like YOU are the spokesman for these parents. YOu aren't SHIT and you dont speak for anyone but yourself.
Because there's an organization for Tay Sachs, that means there are parents who don't think the way you fools do. They have chosen to have and love their children and make them as comfortable as possible until what's going to happen happens. Go ahead and judge those people as being cruel for wanting their Tay Sachs child born, like you judge pro-lifers who don't believe in killing those children in utero.
Most parents of Tay-Sachs parents I've met didn't know their child would have it until it was born, until it was too late. MOST of the parents I've met have admitted they'd have aborted if they'd have known. They didn't CHOOSE to have a child with Tay Sachs, but they DID deal with the disease and their dying child because they HAD to, not because they wanted to.

Nobody here has said in ANY WAY that those parents are "cruel", so stop your ignorant lying. You seem to forget, that in the Jewish faith, abortion is NOT the theological issue it is for extremist Christians. For those that find out and abort, its heartbreaking, but its not as heartbreaking as gestating a child that you KNOW will die a horriffic death.

If you ever witnessed such a death, you'd not be mouthing off about something you know NOTHING about.

Location hidden

#252582 Aug 13, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I usually don't reply to your grants, but I saw tht you replied to this post.
You self-righteous, megalomaniacal bitch...who the hell do you think you are determining what is "meant to be", or actually thinking a baby with no CHANCE of survival is better off knowing nothing but suffering.
The loss of a child can be devastating, but what do you care? Once they are born, they mean NOTHING to you and your christer fascists. If your god decides to make children rot away and die, then you worship an a-hole. But then, birds of a feather, and all.
<quoted text>
BRAVO! Worth a repeat and 100% DEAD ON!

Guess hers were "meant to be" dead in a toilet. She's an idiot.

Location hidden

#252583 Aug 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot, and your logic about late term abortions is senseless.
Oh lookie, Lynniekins is projecting again! LOL!

Location hidden

#252584 Aug 13, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Decided to stop lurking and grace us with your presence here, huh?
Thank you ever so much for your intellectually superior and eloquently constructed post in which you stated nothing at all and nitpicked a typo. You've done your job, oh so intellectually superior one. Will you now be crawling back to the dark hole from which you came, and continue lurking until such time as you feel it necessary to grace us with such, again?
Again, Lynnie projects.

You LIKE being a punching bag clearly Lynniekins. How pathetic you are.

Location hidden

#252585 Aug 13, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>One last time:
NOBODY HERE RECOMMENDS ABORTION!!!
Exactly. Nobody ever said ANYTHING about "recommending" abortion. However, it IS an option, a legitimate and viable one, and it IS PART of what is offered EVERY TIME when Tay-Sachs is diagnosed early enough.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#252587 Aug 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Foo's being unfair. I think you're as smart as a high schooler.
Oh I think she's as smart at LEAST as a high school drop out of her low calaber can be.

Location hidden

#252588 Aug 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate what you are saying but I never was a bible reader and that's not where my feelings come from. I do believe in God as a Creator and someone we all have to answer to someday.
I have no idea why God chooses when we die but I believe it all fits into His plan.
My objection to abortion is simple. I don't believe that we have a right to take another human beings life and because I don't know exactly when the unborn baby becomes a life to God that He a has a purpose for, I can't except any woman's or man's idea of when he/she can be disposed of.
If you beleive in a version of g-d that is all seeing and all knowing, not to mention all powerful, then He KNOWS when a fetus will be aborted, and if He didn't want it that way, he'd stop it. Period.

It REALLY IS that simple. The religious freaks want it both ways.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#252590 Aug 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

The fact that another human being is killed during an abortion is not debateable either.
Actually, it IS debatable, since no 'human beings' are killed by abortion, unless the woman doing the gestating dies during the procedure.

Your view that it IS a "human being' is a religious/theological view. One not everyone shares.

Location hidden

#252591 Aug 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference between Human and human being? I think you are splitting hairs.
Your shit is 'human', its NOT a human being.

You playing stupid constantly is not attractive Inkstain.

You pretending you dont know the difference is not only splitting hairs, its stupid.

Location hidden

#252592 Aug 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From a personal perspective, I am not angry or contemptuous
You're also a liar. And yes, you see it directed toward you - you seem to revel in it. As pathetic as that is, it speaks volumes about you as a person.

Location hidden

#252593 Aug 13, 2012
Here are the words of women, UNLIKE LYNNE, who actually KNOW what they're talking about - they made the decisions to abort after 24 weeks:

"I told her how sorry I was and that I loved her and did not want her to suffer. I would rather suffer every day for the rest of my life than to allow her to suffer one moment in life.

~Mom of an Angel"

"We felt that if our daughter had been in a car accident and was on life support with the same internal injuries, we would not keep her on life support and let her suffer. This child deserved the same dignity."

~ A grieving mom"

"Terminating pregnancy is a complicated decision influenced by many factors; rarely is it based solely on prenatal diagnosis as ours was. I do not believe that the decision to terminate a pregnancy is ever clearly right or wrong. I hope that I can learn to accept that life's struggles are more often gray than black or white. My obstetrician told me that it is essential that pregnancy termination remain legal so that it can be safe. Twenty million abortions currently occur annually worldwide in countries where abortion is illegal suggesting that women are not deterred from having an abortion even if it is not a legal procedure. Making abortion illegal just makes abortion less safe. I hope that our story might cause some readers to reflect on the dogmatic view that ending life is always the wrong choice. Maybe abortion, as unpleasant as it is, has a time and a place. I suggest that we let the person decide who is walking the struggle. Now I know deeply and personally that no one else can possibly decide for her, no one."

The MOST honest and touching one to me:

"I initially thought I would "be brave" and continue my pregnancy. But I came to realize that ultimately it wasn't about how strong I could be, how deeply I wanted this baby or what important lessons he could teach me. It was about what he would experience in his short life. Given his diagnosis, he would have known only suffering. As his mother, I couldn't allow that to happen.

~ A mother at peace"

For those that want to "meet" some of Dr Tiller's patients, go here:

http://www.aheartbreakingchoice.com/24Weeks/A...
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#252594 Aug 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I post here because I am facinated and amused by some of the PCers anger at and contempt for the other side.
What is the difference between Human and human being? I think you are splitting hairs.
I pity your "my side vs your side" world.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#252595 Aug 13, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Here are the words of women, UNLIKE LYNNE, who actually KNOW what they're talking about - they made the decisions to abort after 24 weeks:
"I told her how sorry I was and that I loved her and did not want her to suffer. I would rather suffer every day for the rest of my life than to allow her to suffer one moment in life.
~Mom of an Angel"
"We felt that if our daughter had been in a car accident and was on life support with the same internal injuries, we would not keep her on life support and let her suffer. This child deserved the same dignity."
~ A grieving mom"
"Terminating pregnancy is a complicated decision influenced by many factors; rarely is it based solely on prenatal diagnosis as ours was. I do not believe that the decision to terminate a pregnancy is ever clearly right or wrong. I hope that I can learn to accept that life's struggles are more often gray than black or white. My obstetrician told me that it is essential that pregnancy termination remain legal so that it can be safe. Twenty million abortions currently occur annually worldwide in countries where abortion is illegal suggesting that women are not deterred from having an abortion even if it is not a legal procedure. Making abortion illegal just makes abortion less safe. I hope that our story might cause some readers to reflect on the dogmatic view that ending life is always the wrong choice. Maybe abortion, as unpleasant as it is, has a time and a place. I suggest that we let the person decide who is walking the struggle. Now I know deeply and personally that no one else can possibly decide for her, no one."
The MOST honest and touching one to me:
"I initially thought I would "be brave" and continue my pregnancy. But I came to realize that ultimately it wasn't about how strong I could be, how deeply I wanted this baby or what important lessons he could teach me. It was about what he would experience in his short life. Given his diagnosis, he would have known only suffering. As his mother, I couldn't allow that to happen.
~ A mother at peace"
For those that want to "meet" some of Dr Tiller's patients, go here:
http://www.aheartbreakingchoice.com/24Weeks/A...
How sad that those women gave up hope for their children. Those children should have been born, their few minutes on hearth would be worth more. Sad that these women do not believe in miracles, that they give up , that they didn't want to hold their children, that they had their children feel the pain of a forceps stabbing them in the back of the neck and the brains being sucked out and the suffering of their limbs being torn apart.
1 post removed
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252597 Aug 13, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget their efforts to limit contraceptive availability, also.
Where?

Location hidden

#252598 Aug 13, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>How sad that those women gave up hope for their children. Those children should have been born, their few minutes on hearth would be worth more. Sad that these women do not believe in miracles, that they give up , that they didn't want to hold their children, that they had their children feel the pain of a forceps stabbing them in the back of the neck and the brains being sucked out and the suffering of their limbs being torn apart.
Thank you Knutbar, for once again showing us all what a worthless POS you really are.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252599 Aug 13, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your shit is 'human', its NOT a human being.
You playing stupid constantly is not attractive Inkstain.
You pretending you dont know the difference is not only splitting hairs, its stupid.
She said an unborn baby was human but wasn't sure it was a human being. Do you think she was confusing a baby with shit?

No offense to Junket, just Foo butting in again when she doesn't know what she talking about.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252600 Aug 13, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually expect a direct, honest answer?
I said it was pretty one sided and Foo has proved it out in her recent posts. I knew I could count on her.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#252601 Aug 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Where?
Please tell me you've heard of the "conscience clauses" that have been created for pharmacists?

Or how about the Catholic hospitals that won't dispense MAP???

Offhand those two jump to mind.

“docendo discimus”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#252602 Aug 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If a woman is going to abort, it's better that she abort as early as possible. Hindering her freedom to do so doesn't make sense.
Well, perhaps I didn't express my point correctly. My point was that in a society that places no consideration for the fetus women would abort more freely with less consideration of what they are actually doing. I do agree with early term, before the fourth month, abortions being strictly the woman's choice, but I dont agree with people who down play what she is doing, terminating a potentail human life.

Location hidden

#252603 Aug 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She said an unborn baby was human but wasn't sure it was a human being. Do you think she was confusing a baby with shit?
No offense to Junket, just Foo butting in again when she doesn't know what she talking about.
This has nothing to do with what Junket said, it was in answer to a question YOU asked. A STUPID question. My answer stands to YOUR idiotic question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP stokes Ebola fears against immigrants 14 min serfs up 567
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 15 min Earthling-1 32,998
Gas prices have voters in surly mood (Jun '08) 21 min sho did 10
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 24 min VorenusI 271,214
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 54 min James 1,345
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 121,489
More on the global warming thing (Dec '09) 1 hr Earthling-1 389
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Lioncub 1,127,286
Eugene Robinson: The Islamic State fight is tur... 9 hr barefoot2626 61
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 9 hr spud 729