Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,936
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Katie

Auburn, WA

#252429 Aug 12, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, fool. I have facts that are incorporated in my opinions. Unlike you, a person who has no facts to base the stupidity she posts. All they're saying is that the ones born toward 24 weeks need more medical intervention to be able to get to a point of surviving without it, than those born closer to term.
I already said they'd need to be in an incubator, which for intelligent people who are aware of what that means, I didn't need to include the child may need invasive treatments because that was a given.
As long as you realize you are giving a different impression than what the professionals claim, all is good. In your world, your opinion carries more weight than the professionals' because you *know* what you meant. In my world, the professionals' opinions carry more weight. And is why I included their info to go with yours. So people could make their own intelligent decisions.
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text> Women who WANT their child will risk it to save their child's life, as well as their own. Viable means the chance to survive outside of the womb is good.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

====
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>

A VIABLE fetus born in 3rd tri-mester generally does NOT have the health issues as one born at 20 weeks. Sure they need to be in incubators, but a viable healthy fetus born 24 weeks on usually survives just fine.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#252430 Aug 12, 2012
Forever 21 wrote:
<quoted text> This forum isn't about you pup see. It's about a head on fight for life for the pre born who are being threatened on a grand scale. It's not about getting along with people or changing focus on owhm you'll now be civil or nice too. Reality is that being PC mns death for a human womb. God wants you to defend those little ones not search for friendships amongst whose stance is the reason for those killings. Keep focus.you're turning this fight away from te ones who are the real victims. It'tragically sad you are falling for the lie of Satan that being PC is not about him. Sorry you are being deceived. Be nice to all but don't be hateful towards those whom Christ sent to defend he unborn. They are not perfect but neither are you. You went from attacking the evils of abortion to attacking people. Keep the facts of gruesome slaughter in your heart not your own desires. Again this is about the slaughter and people are here about that despite the arguing. Even the PC need your truth in order to receive it. Be kind to all pup see and fight for life. THe souls of these supporters who kill Gods little ones need your truth not your defense.
This thread isn't about your personal religious beliefs, either. Stay on topic, please:)
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252431 Aug 12, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>This thread isn't about your personal religious beliefs, either. Stay on topic, please:)
Who made you boss?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#252432 Aug 12, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>Anyway, hunting for bear with a bow may be exhilarating, but if the bear gets you, even by accident, remember, you put yourself in that situation, and you have no one to blame but yourself, you're accountable for you own actions, even if it seemed like fun at the time.
Tell that to a pretend pregnant man. Tell him his civil rights mean nothing because he got himself in this predicament and must be punished and take responsibility for his bad, bad behavior. Go on and tell him, after he's carefully considered all his options, that he must remain pregnant because the life growing within (even though it's the size of pomegranate seed when the majority of abortions take place) has more value, worth, and importance. That man would laugh and laugh and then offer you the door.

Atrisco Village

#252433 Aug 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who made you boss?
It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, oh dorky one.

Lord, I ask humbly that you bequeath your not-so-sharp servant, Ink, with a sense of humor. Amen.

:)

“Who really cares?”

Since: Sep 09

Hopefully many.

#252434 Aug 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who made you boss?
Ink, no one of course and many times this thread goes in different directions. However, let's face it - religion while instrumental or even fundamental in the way many view abortion - is not really relevant.

It might be for you and others - but it's a dead end street. The Bible is filled with "killing" - brimming with death and destruction. Using God as an argument to oppose abortion doesn't strike me as particularly effective. He (God) doesn't seem to have issue with miscarriages. Seems He might even be on-board with those losses.

If you argue against abortion based on what you've read in the Bible - you might want to take another look.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252435 Aug 12, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, oh dorky one.
Lord, I ask humbly that you bequeath your not-so-sharp servant, Ink, with a sense of humor. Amen.
:)
Perhaps you are not as funny as you think.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#252436 Aug 12, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was about consent to sex meaning consent to pregnancy. Why do you think you can change what I was replying to?
Yes it does, mean consent to pregnancy, Ladilulu. Everyone with even a modicum of intelligence knows that the risk to having sex is a pregnancy. You choose to have sex, you're choosing that risk as well.
"The question was about consent to sex meaning consent to pregnancy."

Was there a question? There is no question about it. If you agree to have sex, it is not an agreement to carry and have a child. You can blab about the risk all you want.

Try to keep up with us, you childish troll.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252437 Aug 12, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to a pretend pregnant man. Tell him his civil rights mean nothing because he got himself in this predicament and must be punished and take responsibility for his bad, bad behavior. Go on and tell him, after he's carefully considered all his options, that he must remain pregnant because the life growing within (even though it's the size of pomegranate seed when the majority of abortions take place) has more value, worth, and importance. That man would laugh and laugh and then offer you the door.
He has no civil rights if a pregnancy occurs. He is stuck with a kid he doesn't want from a mother he has no interest in for the next twenty years even though it seemed like fun at the time.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#252438 Aug 12, 2012
Forever 21 wrote:
<quoted text> This forum isn't about you pup see. It's about a head on fight for life for the pre born who are being threatened on a grand scale.
If this thread means that much to you, I pity your life.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#252439 Aug 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He has no civil rights if a pregnancy occurs. He is stuck with a kid he doesn't want from a mother he has no interest in for the next twenty years even though it seemed like fun at the time.
"Tell that to a pretend pregnant man."

IOW, in this scenario, the MAN is pregnant and subject to outsiders' opinions. Please, try to keep up.

Atrisco Village

#252440 Aug 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you are not as funny as you think.
I'll consider that as soon as God grants my prayer request on your behalf.

Atrisco Village

#252441 Aug 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. He has the same right to make a private decision about his pregnancy as a woman does. Your arrogant opinion that a pregnant person has no civil rights is ridiculous, unworkable, and unAmerican. You don't belong in this country if you really want to make laws based upon that premise.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#252442 Aug 12, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicky's "babe" (somebody else's child Chicky loves and cares for) is one of these babies. Born without a functioning brain, the PL OB refused to tell mom the dire straits of her pregnancy. Her birth has wreaked havoc on the family, drained them of their finances, and all while insurance companies refuse certain treatments because "babe" is not seen as one who'd benefit from treatment. It's cruel to do this to parents and children, imo. Chicky has posted about it in this very thread, but I have no idea where it would be found. It does give insight to her stance on abortion. That and other anecdotes she's shared. I, personally, think Chicky's got a good grasp on this issue and has much to offer people if they would listen. jmo
Another thing those fools don't think about is quality of life. Is an infant born without a functioning brain going to have quality of life? No, not at all. We, society, wouldn't even force that on a dog.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#252443 Aug 12, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW, in this scenario, the MAN is pregnant and subject to outsiders' opinions. Please, try to keep up.
She can't.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252444 Aug 12, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood but I was pointing out the problems for men being irresponsible. They are no party either. At least one of the people involved should have enough smarts to use BC.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#252445 Aug 12, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing those fools don't think about is quality of life. Is an infant born without a functioning brain going to have quality of life? No, not at all. We, society, wouldn't even force that on a dog.
But it's something they can relate to.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#252446 Aug 12, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who made you boss?
I did.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Indianapolis

#252447 Aug 12, 2012
Reminds me of quote from the series "Torchwood":

Captain Jack Harkness: There you go. I can taste it. Oestrogen. Definitely oestrogen. You take the pill, flush it away, it enters the water cycle, feminises the fish. Goes all the way up into the sky, then falls all the way back down onto me. Contraceptives in the rain. Love this planet. Still, at least I won't get pregnant. Never doing that again.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#252448 Aug 12, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicky's "babe" (somebody else's child Chicky loves and cares for) is one of these babies. Born without a functioning brain, the PL OB refused to tell mom the dire straits of her pregnancy. Her birth has wreaked havoc on the family, drained them of their finances, and all while insurance companies refuse certain treatments because "babe" is not seen as one who'd benefit from treatment. It's cruel to do this to parents and children, imo. Chicky has posted about it in this very thread, but I have no idea where it would be found. It does give insight to her stance on abortion. That and other anecdotes she's shared. I, personally, think Chicky's got a good grasp on this issue and has much to offer people if they would listen. jmo
Yep. Their OB conveniently neglected to tell the parents that this child would be what amounts to a living vegetable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Earthling-1 51,528
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Limbertwig 172,166
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 20 min Silent Echo 1,885
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min Bluestater 1,191,841
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Learn to Read 185,037
Hillary Clinton gives base-rallying speech 26 min Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Obama: 'Now is the moment' for police to make c... 26 min spud 49
Giuliani explains why Obama doesn't love America 36 min xxxrayted 638
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 hr Agents of Corruption 313,212
More from around the web