Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,009
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#233176 Apr 24, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a mess? I know my thoughts. It's you who admits having trouble understanding the rationale behind these. Then you turn around and try to project your cluelessness onto me. It's a bad strategy and is not working. Really.
Do post here as Doc? Did you post here as Pete? Did you know Triple L (lil Lily) when she posted as LynneD?
YES or NO
No Katie, there is no "rationale" behind any of your views.

Your childishness in trying to divert from the facts of your words posted, by asking irrelevant off topic questions is stupid and displays your desperation to be disassociated with [your own word] posted.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#233177 Apr 24, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only the link K, but evidence of a cover-up. That's the biggest stumbling block for Mother. She can no longer deny that it happened and while the numbers may be exaggerated (possible), She made a horrible situation so much worse by shuffling the Pedophiles to new hunting grounds. Unconscionable.
Absolutely.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#233178 Apr 24, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
He stated both views to two different posters. I responded to one of those of views. I understood and distinguished between the two different views presented. Do you think you can parrot back what the differences in views were and where I agreed with him? Or are you just going to spend time trying to poke holes where there are none?
Show me the post where he compared abortion to abuse, Professor.
And while you're at it.....show me the post where I left off the word "right" with Bitter.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#233179 Apr 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The minute the egg is fertilized, mom is pregnant.
From WebMd
If sperm does meet and penetrate a mature egg after ovulation, it will fertilize it. When the sperm penetrates the egg, changes occur in the protein coating around it to prevent other sperm from entering. At the moment of fertilization, your baby's genetic make-up is complete, including its sex. Since the mother can provide only X chromosomes (she's XX), if a Y sperm fertilizes the egg, your baby will be a boy (XY); if an X sperm fertilizes the egg, your baby will be a girl (XX).
This is true but, no woman knows she's pregnant until implantation. No woman knows she's miscarried until it implanted and then that goes wrong. Implantation is the crucial factor for "life". Without it, the life ceases to exist on its own.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#233180 Apr 24, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Legally it may be different, but it was always legal. So, even legally is subjective, isn't it?
Badaxe, do you have any idea how many of our parents did not expect to have all the children they had? Seriously. Just because a child is unexpected and unwanted,[at the time of the woman finding out she's pregnant], does not mean that child will be abused. It doesn't even mean the child is unwanted throughout the pregnancy. Feelings change, and many have abortions out of fear from partners or parents, not because they don't want the child.
Also, how many children that are abused do you suppose were "wanted" children? Can we please get real about this particular argument?
Most girls and women who consider abortion are people who have not been counseled to see any other way out of their bleek looking situation than what they're seeing. THAT's a problem that PC ignores and PL wants fixed. PC here only offers excuses for abortion rather than hope that there ARE other ways to deal with an unexpected/unwanted pregnancy besides getting abortions, and the ones who are pregnant need to be dealt with on an individual basis. PP doesn't really help with that, and that's a shame. Also what's a shame is PC thinking issues in the pregnant person's life couldn't be handled more positively than to have an abortion.
Correcxtion:
Legally it may be different, but it [wasn't] always legal. So, even legally is subjective, isn't it?

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#233181 Apr 24, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
How many total Catholic School students in that span?
How many total Public School students in that span?
And what countries did the students reside in?
Where's the link, Ink?
Glad I read ahead.

She quotes raw numbers without talking about *percentages*.

Bad math, that.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#233182 Apr 24, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Witless, it does not say pregnant.
Are you just getting out of bed and your mind is still a little foggy?

Maybe Wiccans aren't pregnant when they are carrying a baby but everyone else is.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#233183 Apr 24, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only the link K, but evidence of a cover-up. That's the biggest stumbling block for Mother. She can no longer deny that it happened and while the numbers may be exaggerated (possible), She made a horrible situation so much worse by shuffling the Pedophiles to new hunting grounds. Unconscionable.
Yep.

Abuse is more likely to be reported now, also. She quoted recent numbers for public schools, which are mandated by law to report suspected abuse to authorities. The church abides by no such law and, in fact, goes out of its way to cover-up the abuses.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#233184 Apr 24, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is a good thing that all of the abusers of the 290,000 students have been brought to justice.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#233185 Apr 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense? Can't you read? It says' "at the MOMENT of fertilization your BABY'S genetic makeup is complete including it's sex."
Baby equals pregnant.
From experience, every time I was carrying a baby, I was pregnant.
I understand what you're saying, Ink. But you weren't "pregnant" until the fertilized egg, which was the beginning of your child's life, implanted in the womb. Bitner's rarely ever right about anything, but once in awhile even a clock is right twice a day. Bitner is right less often than a clock, because she's right only once in a blue moon.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#233186 Apr 24, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Witless, it does not say pregnant.
Don't be so cocky, Bertha. So you're right this time. That's what, once in 6 months?

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#233187 Apr 24, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"L is probably already reconsidering her support of even this much personal autonomy ."
Look, 1st of all, every woman has personal autonomy when deciding to have sex and deciding to prevent pregnancy. Once pregnant, this isn't about [personal] autonomy anymore, because another human life is what the decision is about. Not a "pregnancy". The woman is deciding whether or she wants to have the [child] or not.
Secondly, I'm not a PC coward who alters their views according to what the "rest of the gang" is saying or doing.
I stand behind MAP and always will, now that it's available. Preventing a pregnancy is better than aborting a human life.
I know your view, and I think it is irrational. Your views don't really factor into what other women feel about the subject, and they should not be bound to your oddly defined notion of what constitutes human life.

As for the second part, on some level you are part of the PC gang. NR might like you enough to not call you a "pro-abort", but it is obvious that you advocate for what he considers to be abortion. I am glad you support the MAP. There is no reason anyone should oppose it.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#233188 Apr 24, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"All would be well if you'd stop lying to me, to everyone who knew you as Lynne D."
LOL "all would be well" if [I] stopped lying? I don't post lies, liar.
"See, you words carry no weight with me. NONE."
I couldn't care less if my words carried any weight with a delusional pea brain like you. The opinions of me by ignorant uneducated boobs mean less than nothing to me.
"but I know you're nothing more than a coward who has an opinion on abortion, but little else to back up her views except vitriol."
lol, that's funny coming from you coward. You have yet to back your claims about anything you say, or back anything you claim of what others have said. Your delusions of what you think you read,[from what others post, to what you think you're presenting as proof of your claims on topic] isn't fact. I have backed every [claim] with facts, on topic and off.
"Because, see, whether you're posting on topic or off, you're lying about the fundamentals of who you are."
LOL, no I'm not, liar. Not one person here really knows "the fundamentals" of who anyone else is here. This is an anonymous forum, pinhead. Each of you PC are probably lying about the "fundamentals of who you are". Based on the posts that belie the claims many of the PC make about themselves, I'd say that's a fact. You don't know me and never will. You don't know other PL posters who see through you, and never will.
"And if you can do that on a continual basis, you can lie about anything -- including what or who you say I am."
Wrong, liar. What indicates whether or not someone is a liar is what they POST. You have posted lies. Each PC has posted lies. I have not posted lies. That's how rational intelligent people determine who's credible and who isn't. Obviously you just displayed why rational people would never take someone like you seriously. You based your opinions on your irrational thinking and non-factual things, I base my opinions on what's sensible and factual.
I disagree. You can be an erroneous name caller all you want and keep your opinions, but you cannot claim I am a liar and prove it. So your opinions are nothing and mean nothing. Your blatant attempts of trying to discredit me are not unnoticed. Futile, though.

Are NR and Doc the same poster? Did they used to post Pete? When will you admit a lot of people knew you here as LynneD?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#233189 Apr 24, 2012
So get this everyone,,,,

I was bored the other day and decided to walk into a bar..

OW

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#233190 Apr 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Wiccans aren't pregnant when they are carrying a baby but everyone else is.
Ink, she meant the fertilized egg before being implanted, not once implanted. A woman isn't "pregnant" until it implants. It said "life" has begun at fertilization, but not that the woman is "pregnant" at fertilization. That's what she meant when she said it didn't say "pregnant".

Location hidden

#233191 Apr 24, 2012
What's new,,, whats new? Hmmmmm

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#233192 Apr 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you say will make that link say that pregnancy begins at fertlization, Witless.

I never carried "babies" in my body, and no website written for lay people who don't already understand what occurs during fertilization and pregnancy will change that. I carried embryos and fetuses. Babies are born.

Location hidden

#233193 Apr 24, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a mess? I know my thoughts. It's you who admits having trouble understanding the rationale behind these. Then you turn around and try to project your cluelessness onto me. It's a bad strategy and is not working. Really.
But when I do it, it works on EVERYONE! Bwhahahhahahah

People have to dumb down to understand ME!

Location hidden

#233194 Apr 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "ending a pregnancy"?
abortion

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#233195 Apr 24, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so cocky, Bertha. So you're right this time. That's what, once in 6 months?
Oh, no, it happens more often than that. And unlike you, I can admit when I'm wrong.

Neither my name, nor my screen name is "Bertha". Can YOU say that you've never posted under the screen name of "LynneD", or "Persevere"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 3 min kookierecluse 99
Obama: Keystone benefits for U.S. consumers, wo... 4 min barefoot2626 62
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 min thetruth 2,391
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Chimney1 133,062
Bill de Blasio does the unthinkable: he keeps h... 10 min Cordwainer Trout 51
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 12 min Police Crimes 1,534
Activists try to rile up Chris Christie, pile u... 14 min barefoot2626 16
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min USAsince1680 1,154,445
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 22 min woodtick57 293,530
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 29 min woodtick57 326