Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

Apr 30, 2011 Full story: www.washingtonpost.com 38,673

Long after blacks and Jews have made great strides, and even as homosexuals gain respect, acceptance and new rights, there is still a group that lots of Americans just don't like much: atheists.

Full Story

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39076 Jun 28, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what counts, Booby.
PS: Christianity has been around for 1,700 years.
Yeah, I said their days were numbered and PUFF!!! You provide a number. Thanks. That's very cooperative of you, maybe you're starting to come around.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39077 Jun 28, 2012
Foe The First Time In My Adult Life, I Am Truely Ashamed Of America !
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39078 Jun 29, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahaha!! You really believe this nonsense? Did you know that Hispanics will eventually be the majority in this country. Those people have saints for everything and our schools will have saints in the hallways. Dude, your days are numbered. Lol!
Sad Thing Is, These Reproducing Cockroaches Will Be The Majority In 12 Short Years, According To The Latest Reports.

May As Well.....This Isnt America Anymore.....Im Starting A New Country On My Own Ialand...No Political Correctness, And No Immigration....Shot On Site For Trespassing.

Only One Judge.....ME

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#39079 Jun 29, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahaha!! You really believe this nonsense? Did you know that Hispanics will eventually be the majority in this country. Those people have saints for everything and our schools will have saints in the hallways. Dude, your days are numbered. Lol!
Counting the number of people who believe something, doesn't make the underlying belief true.

Evidence is what makes it true or not.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#39080 Jun 29, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Counting the number of people who believe something, doesn't make the underlying belief true.
Counting the number of people who don't believe something, doesn't make the underlying belief false.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#39081 Jun 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Government of Sweden still supports the church of Sweden.
if they get money from the state why are they closing down church building and selling churches to the catholic church and other ?

Location hidden

#39082 Jun 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Counting the number of people who don't believe something, doesn't make the underlying belief false.
Considering that we agree atheists are a minority, what exactly is your point?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39083 Jun 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we're talking about societal trends ... "counting the number of people" is, in this case, a valid approach. You have already thrown out some numbers ... there's no need to argue about them. Is the "notbot" number growing and the "godbot" number shrinking? I think that is the case. Simple extrapolation leads to the conclusion that godbot days are numbered.

Of course, you godbots see the same trends and in some long repressed logic centers of your atrophied craniums the same conclusions are being drawn. This is a frightening realization to you all. What I find frightening, is the godbot's spasmodic but determined efforts to undermine the progress. Lie, cheat, propagandize ... y'all even go so far as to weaken the educational fabric of our nation (indeed the world) to achieve your ends. Who would have thought you would stoop so low? Despicable creatures, as you graciously illustrate so often.

Location hidden

#39084 Jun 29, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're hallucinating again, just keep atheists out of your delusions.
You do not speak for atheists, and still waiting for you to back up your assertions.

You do think you have to back up your big fat soft mouth?

Since: Feb 10

Ripley, TN

#39085 Jun 29, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad Thing Is, These Reproducing Cockroaches Will Be The Majority In 12 Short Years, According To The Latest Reports.
May As Well.....This Isnt America Anymore.....Im Starting A New Country On My Own Ialand...No Political Correctness, And No Immigration....Shot On Site For Trespassing.
Only One Judge.....ME
sounds like my house lol.. Trespassers will be shot. except my sign say`s survivors will be shot again, was wondering up in your country are the fires scooting you out?

Location hidden

#39086 Jun 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
if they get money from the state why are they closing down church building
Sweden continues to provide funding for Church of Sweden- direct taxation- over here is the USA, this would be illegal.

No matter how hard you stomp your fat little feet.

Location hidden

#39087 Jun 29, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we're talking about societal trends ... "counting the number of people" is, in this case, a valid approach. You have already thrown out some numbers .
Difference being: I can back the numbers of have posted and I am not the one dodging retractions and statements I have made.

Eh, Booby?

Since: Feb 10

Ripley, TN

#39088 Jun 29, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we're talking about societal trends ... "counting the number of people" is, in this case, a valid approach. You have already thrown out some numbers ... there's no need to argue about them. Is the "notbot" number growing and the "godbot" number shrinking? I think that is the case. Simple extrapolation leads to the conclusion that godbot days are numbered.
Of course, you godbots see the same trends and in some long repressed logic centers of your atrophied craniums the same conclusions are being drawn. This is a frightening realization to you all. What I find frightening, is the godbot's spasmodic but determined efforts to undermine the progress. Lie, cheat, propagandize ... y'all even go so far as to weaken the educational fabric of our nation (indeed the world) to achieve your ends. Who would have thought you would stoop so low? Despicable creatures, as you graciously illustrate so often.
Well what have i missed the last few days? anything worth going back and reading? been getting another work truck ,crashed mine totaled it. they shut down 3 more mines in the area 300 jobs lost, now paying alot of attention to this health care mess. So does this mean i`m going to have to pay more taxes so barfus can get his meds?

Location hidden

#39089 Jun 29, 2012
RHill wrote:
Simple extrapolation leads to the conclusion that godbot days are numbered.
Funny how you have been asked to back this up point blank and you and your fellow NotBots stand there with your cock-in-your-hand and nothing else.

Do show us your simple extrapolation which leads to the conclusion that theist days are numbered while the number proves that the theist numbers continue to increase.

Do explain how increasing numbers mean numbers are going to decrease.

Location hidden

#39090 Jun 29, 2012
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>Well what have i missed the last few days?
County jail releasing inmates because they are short of funds again, jailbird?

Lucky for you, eh?

Location hidden

#39091 Jun 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you have been asked to back this up point blank and you and your fellow NotBots stand there with your cock-in-your-hand and nothing else.
Do show us your simple extrapolation which leads to the conclusion that theist days are numbered while the number proves that the theist numbers continue to increase.
Do explain how increasing numbers mean numbers are going to decrease.
It helps if you can prove that you aren't a liar and that you haven't hallucinated the whole thing.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#39092 Jun 29, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>Sad Thing Is, These Reproducing Cockroaches Will Be The Majority In 12 Short Years, According To The Latest Reports.

Only One Judge.....ME
Yeah yeah dude. Are you one of those border hicks with a gun and a cowboy hat?

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#39093 Jun 29, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Counting the number of people who believe something, doesn't make the underlying belief true.

Evidence is what makes it true or not.
So atheism will not take over this country. Stop smoking crack.

Location hidden

#39094 Jun 29, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It helps if you can prove that you aren't a liar
Show the forum where I asserted Hitler was an atheist.

See if you can managed to find the post among the dozens of times I have said Hitler was a Catholic and see if you can do it so everyone here in this forum can pretend they haven't seen me post it sometimes several times a day.

Location hidden

#39095 Jun 29, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
So atheism will not take over this country. Stop smoking crack.
Never said it would, but its interesting to hear your irrational Creationist fears.

It makes a great study into small-mindedness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Agents of Corruption 261,426
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,108,956
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Cornelius Scudmister 152,983
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min gcaveman1 46,573
Obama to boost U.S. involvement in fight agains... 11 min barefoot2626 9
Border wait times 13 min Larry Driscoll 22
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min DanFromSmithville 116,497
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 23 min woodtick57 151
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 49 min SevenTee 2,687
Obama to broaden US effort to combat militants 1 hr barefoot2626 247
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••