Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

Apr 30, 2011 | Posted by: Hedonist | Full story: www.washingtonpost.com

Long after blacks and Jews have made great strides, and even as homosexuals gain respect, acceptance and new rights, there is still a group that lots of Americans just don't like much: atheists.

Comments (Page 1,894)

Showing posts 37,861 - 37,880 of38,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if they had your IQ, Shug, to be frank: you are about as sharp as a bag of hammers.
PS: it has nothing to do with theology... I am sure it's DNA.
You're hallucinating again, just keep atheists out of your delusions. We don't care for your imaginary gods and f*cked up childish stories. Keep them to yourselves.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

It's like stepping into a tea bagger rally errrrr tea party rally reading that fatass ugly reject's posts.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're hallucinating again, just keep atheists out of your delusions. We don't care for your imaginary gods and f*cked up childish stories. Keep them to yourselves.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweden does not have a state religion and Sweden isn't a theocracy
You mean Sweden no longer has an "official" state religion? after 500 years, ten years ago?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Sweden no longer has an "official" state religion? after 500 years, ten years ago?
The state and church separated year 2000

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Theists all over the planet that share their ignorance and disregard for science and communicate this everyday ironically using tools like computers which are founded on the very scientific principles theists claim is wrong and abhorrent.
Theists everywhere and there is nothing you can do about it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody because you do not have the power to do that yet
Not trying to force you, I dint really care.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Theists everywhere and there is nothing you can do about it.
Wrong. The Internet, sites like Topix and the media all have the truth available ... the Tree of Knowledge is literally all around us these days. A feast awaits. Chow down. Your days are numbered godbot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
The state and church separated year 2000
Ten years ago- "officially" though the state church still is on the dole... still receives support from taxes.

After 500 years...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
Your days are numbered godbot.
Let's see: NotBots make up less than ten percent of the population of the USA; theists- around 75 percent.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ten years ago- "officially" though the state church still is on the dole... still receives support from taxes.
After 500 years...
tax is collected from members of church of sweden and they are losing members so they are closing down churches

the church of sweden get exaktly zero kronor from me every year.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
tax is collected from members of church of sweden
Government of Sweden still supports the church of Sweden.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see: NotBots make up less than ten percent of the population of the USA; theists- around 75 percent.
Probably won't happen in our lifetimes. I'm not as optimistic as Jesus when it comes to predicting new epochs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably won't happen in our lifetimes.
That's what counts, Booby.

PS: Christianity has been around for 1,700 years.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. The Internet, sites like Topix and the media all have the truth available ... the Tree of Knowledge is literally all around us these days. A feast awaits. Chow down. Your days are numbered godbot.
Bwahaha!! You really believe this nonsense? Did you know that Hispanics will eventually be the majority in this country. Those people have saints for everything and our schools will have saints in the hallways. Dude, your days are numbered. Lol!

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahaha!! You really believe this nonsense? Did you know that Hispanics will eventually be the majority in this country. Those people have saints for everything and our schools will have saints in the hallways. Dude, your days are numbered. Lol!
Oh ... your Crystal Ball works so much better than mine, huh? Yeah, right. I'm an Optimist, you're a ... a ... a ... well, I'm not sure. I'm sure we'll both be wrong. Maybe the schools will be filled with Hispanic Atheists ... providing we can keep your creationist crapola out of the curriculum.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what counts, Booby.
PS: Christianity has been around for 1,700 years.
Yeah, I said their days were numbered and PUFF!!! You provide a number. Thanks. That's very cooperative of you, maybe you're starting to come around.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Foe The First Time In My Adult Life, I Am Truely Ashamed Of America !
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad Thing Is, These Reproducing Cockroaches Will Be The Majority In 12 Short Years, According To The Latest Reports.

May As Well.....This Isnt America Anymore.....Im Starting A New Country On My Own Ialand...No Political Correctness, And No Immigration....Shot On Site For Trespassing.

Only One Judge.....ME

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Counting the number of people who believe something, doesn't make the underlying belief true.

Evidence is what makes it true or not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Counting the number of people who believe something, doesn't make the underlying belief true.
Counting the number of people who don't believe something, doesn't make the underlying belief false.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 37,861 - 37,880 of38,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••