Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Comments (Page 3,782)

Showing posts 75,621 - 75,640 of109,637
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Chimera

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Judged:

The United States currently ranks 49th in the world in overall life expectancy, according to a study published in the academic journal Health Affairs, slipping dramatically during the last decade.

"As of September 23, 2010, the United States ranked forty-ninth for both male and female life expectancy combined," concludes the study, conducted by Columbia University health policy professors Peter A. Muennig and Sherry A. Glied, which will appear in the November edition of the influential peer-reviewed journal.

ABSTRACT:
Many advocates of US health reform point to the nationís relatively low life-expectancy rankings as evidence that the health care system is performing poorly. Others say that poor US health outcomes are largely due not to health care but to high rates of smoking, obesity, traffic fatalities, and homicides. We used cross-national data on the fifteen-year survival of men and women over three decades to examine the validity of these arguments. We found that the risk profiles of Americans generally improved relative to those for citizens of many other nations, but Americansí relative fifteen-year survival has nevertheless been declining. For example, by 2005, fifteen-year survival rates for fortyfive-year-old US white women were lower than in twelve comparison countries with populations of at least seven million and per capita gross domestic product (GDP) of at least 60 percent of US per capita GDP in 1975. The findings undercut critics who might argue that the US health care system is not in need of major changes.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
And both of them are defended by REPUBLICANTS you fool!
Hey numbnuts, I see you are getting your panties all bunched up.
Dude Bush wanted to allow the people to choose where they put their money for retirement. But you and your fck'd up demolosers stopped it with a filibuster.
But as usual you over look such details.
Say the Truth

Beach Haven, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
And then the jet would land on a US Aircraft Carrier, decked out with a "mission accomplished" banner, to the cheers of the exuberant crew....
Perfect.

“Forward - over the cliff!!”

Since: Jul 10

Soetoro, Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Chimera wrote:
The United States currently ranks 49th in the world in overall life expectancy, according to a study published in the academic journal Health Affairs, slipping dramatically during the last decade.
"As of September 23, 2010, the United States ranked forty-ninth for both male and female life expectancy combined," concludes the study, conducted by Columbia University health policy professors Peter A. Muennig and Sherry A. Glied, which will appear in the November edition of the influential peer-reviewed journal.
ABSTRACT:
Many advocates of US health reform point to the nationís relatively low life-expectancy rankings as evidence that the health care system is performing poorly. Others say that poor US health outcomes are largely due not to health care but to high rates of smoking, obesity, traffic fatalities, and homicides. We used cross-national data on the fifteen-year survival of men and women over three decades to examine the validity of these arguments. We found that the risk profiles of Americans generally improved relative to those for citizens of many other nations, but Americansí relative fifteen-year survival has nevertheless been declining. For example, by 2005, fifteen-year survival rates for fortyfive-year-old US white women were lower than in twelve comparison countries with populations of at least seven million and per capita gross domestic product (GDP) of at least 60 percent of US per capita GDP in 1975. The findings undercut critics who might argue that the US health care system is not in need of major changes.
Bush's fault???!

(ROFLMAO!)

This is so much fun, watching all the Demo/Progressives who so eagerly boarded the USS Bark Obama fleeing for the lifeboats after Bark, full of hubris and ego-mania, ran the ship full speed into an iceberg.

Like Obama said during his recent weeklong vacation to Martha's Vineyard, "I'm having a great time!"

Soetoro, Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect.
"I'm having a great time."

Watching Obama's complete meltdown in Boston is just fantastic.
Chimera

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

<quoted text>
Bush's fault???!
(ROFLMAO!)
This is so much fun, watching all the Demo/Progressives who so eagerly boarded the USS Bark Obama fleeing for the lifeboats after Bark, full of hubris and ego-mania, ran the ship full speed into an iceberg.
Like Obama said during his recent weeklong vacation to Martha's Vineyard, "I'm having a great time!"
And your reply is relevant to what, exactly. Aren't you guys always saying we have the best health care in the world? Don't mess with it. You like it just fine.

Oh no, couldn't be Bush's fault, couldn't be anybody's fault but Dems, right. You guys aren't even allowed to have discussions are you? Just rant the right wing Republican drivel and that's it. Sad, sad creatures.
Devin

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

My new Trucks do not support or have anything to do with the Restaurant's activities that's such a bizarre and absurd assumption...... ROFLMAO.....

then again, some restuarant establishments do deliver but I doubt they deliver in Tri Axel Trucks..... ROFLMAO
<quoted text>
Devin, I'm not an expert in restaurant/tavern management, like you are, but I think that you have an unusual business model. In that you own trucks to somehow support the restaurant.
Do you employ people to drive the trucks to your suppliers, to pick stuff up? Because I think most restaurants don't own trucks, the vendors do and deliver it.
I'd love to hear more about your business model, and how succesful it is.
You could be like the next Henry Ford or something. Maybe your model will revolutionize the restaurant business!
The Coffee Party

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

IMPORTANT DATE: June 8, 2009

Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs
June 8, 2009 By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

today is October 18, 2010, 16 months and 10 days later
and there are STILL NO JOBS! WHY?
1 post removed
Devin

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

The Bottom line from the start of the Debate is that income below $30,500 saw a $401.00 Tax saving from the Bush Tax Cuts of 2001 and 2003.... or a saving of less than $8.00 a week.... whether I'm off by a few dollars on Median Income is not relevant to those numbers since the Median Income in America is below $30,500.
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Devin, I get the difference. You do NOT however grasp that your number was made up, or it is out dated and irrelevant. I have already posted the FACTS, of CURRENT RELEVANT DATA. Of both median household AND (notice that operative word AND) INDIVIDUAL incomes. Shall I post the links to Census Bureau for a third time? Or will I just be wasting my time because you will deflect and deny since you were caught in another fairy tale and irrelevant data?
Nostrilis Henry Waxman

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Judged:

Chimera wrote:
ABSTRACT:
What prompted you to post this? There must be a point you forgot to make.
Chimera

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
A liberal is a perpetual child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future, paid for by other people.- Chimera, the Marin County Moron
Can't get up from gutter even for a minute, can you?
Nostrilis Henry Waxman

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Judged:

http://www.emaxhealth.com/1275/poor-us-health...

Where did you dig up your piece of work Chimera?

Why is it you lefties never cite your sources? Are you afraid a rational person will dispute your source?
Nostrilis Henry Waxman

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Judged:

Devin wrote:
The Bottom line from the start of the Debate is that income below $30,500 saw a $401.00 Tax saving from the Bush Tax Cuts of 2001 and 2003.... or a saving of less than $8.00 a week.... whether I'm off by a few dollars on Median Income is not relevant to those numbers since the Median Income in America is below $30,500.
<quoted text>
Why do you libs never cite your sources? As you know, you don't have the best reputation for being factual.
Devin

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

This is not exactly a true picture..... have you forgotten the Auto and Bank Bailout were the brain child of the Stalwart Republican George Bush and those deals were established and in place prior to the Elections in 2008........ may you forgot but the rest of the nation hasn't forgotten the Bailout TARP Provided GM, Chrysler, and the 600 Banks throughout America...... The Auto Mobile Bailout was negotiated by the Bush Administration in Oct and Nov 2008, when GM and Chrysler received a $8 Billion "Bridge Loan" in Dec 2008 with instructions to reorganize and bring back the plan prior to March 2009.......

One of the 'KEY" conditions to receiving the rest of the TARP Funding were that GM and Chrysler had to get the UAW to tear up their contract and agree to accept wages and compensation benefits that would be in line with what the Foreign Automobile Manufacturs were paying their American Workers...... A Marxist Negotiating scheme similar to the Reagan ploy used against the Air Traffic Controll Union.......
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Corporate Welfare Queens anyone??...
General Motors.... ehh... Chrysler... SEIU or Mortgage Banker Citibank, Tim Geithner with AIG... or Alex Sink Mortgage Companies and Bank of America, Wall Street, Union thugs and cronies... eh??... Liberals Stink??
The Obama Corporate Welfare and Reid & Pelosi Stimulus Plan does provide support and bailout maintenance to 'CORPORATE WELFARE QUEENS' and liberal Elites...
Shovel Ready?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Plantation Sell Out and Poison of Universal Corporate Welfare Liberalism
Chimera

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Nostrilis Henry Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What prompted you to post this? There must be a point you forgot to make.
Why don't you go ahead and tell me what point I forgot to make. I write in to discuss issues and you guys trash my character and invent stuff about me, personally, as if you actually know me. How stupid is that?

Tells me if you had any freedom to post what you wanted you'd talk about the issues. But it's become pretty clear that your instructions are to "keep it personal" and "keep it ugly."

I come to that conclusion after observing every single one of you right wing lackeys doing the EXACT same thing. Which makes the best case for your own idea about multiple user names. You guys could ALL be one guy. You ALL do the same thing.

There's a difference between believing the "same thing" and writing about it the "same way". It's clear that none of you know that difference.
Devin

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Nit wit Student Loans now are absorbed by the Federal Government and had/have been since their inception...... the Government guarantees Federal Student Loans, that's why they can not be written off, if a Student defaulted on loans the Feds paid the banks........ physician spend time in VA Hospitals and remote Health Care facilities that provide Government Health Care around the nation to have their student loans forgiven.......

ROFLMAO.... what else do you "NOT" know about how american government works?

Taking the Federal Government out of College Loans, and Health Care would collapse both industries in America... ROFLMAO
Pelosi Schmelosi Two wrote:
<quoted text>
MD's are selling their practices to hospitals for ONE simple reason...BILLING...particularl y Medicare billing.
Medicare DENIES more claims than ANY private insurer, Practices cannot be profitable if they aren't "capturing" all possible billing codes. The personnel and paperwork necessary to get reimbursed drives private practice out of business.
Hospitals have huge depts. dedicated SPECIFICALLY to this..
It gets BETTER...with the Federal Govt assuming control of student loans, MD's in the future will practice under complete govt control...owing the govt for the loans and subject to govt control for their income....
But this is what was intended all along.

Soetoro, Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Chimera wrote:
<quoted text>
And your reply is relevant to what, exactly. Aren't you guys always saying we have the best health care in the world? Don't mess with it. You like it just fine.
Oh no, couldn't be Bush's fault, couldn't be anybody's fault but Dems, right. You guys aren't even allowed to have discussions are you? Just rant the right wing Republican drivel and that's it. Sad, sad creatures.
LOL. As compared to your more "relevant" commentary. The sour, humourless, oh-so-serious Dems with your silly Obama like slogans have done what, exactly????

We needed health insurance reform, and Pelosi has brought us what exactly??? Do you know?? No one really knows, but what we are seeing is dramatic cost increases, as Pelosi and Obama pushed more costs onto the insurers they falsely demonized and blamed. Of course, as we can now see, it is NOT the insurers who drive the prices. Nope, its the providers, and Obama and Pelosi have done exactly NOTHING to control costs and improve quality.

Its about control, and about income transfers to Obama voters.

I think we do have some of the best health care in the world, which is why much of the world comes here for its health care. Obesity takes its toll, though, and some Americans, exercising their freedoms eat way too much and exercise too little.

and of course, we need insurance reform. I hope that after Pelosi -care is repealed we get some actual reform to lower prices and expand access. And charge people who live unhealthly lifestyles higher premiums.
Chimera

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

http://www.emaxhealth.com/1275 /poor-us-health-care-system-be hind-life-expectancy-lag
Where did you dig up your piece of work Chimera?
Why is it you lefties never cite your sources? Are you afraid a rational person will dispute your source?
I always quote sources. Read the second paragraph. This one is THE source itself.

Since: Nov 08

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

<quoted text>
Why do you libs never cite your sources? As you know, you don't have the best reputation for being factual.
or at being very adept at mathematics.
Teddy R

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Chimera wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go ahead and tell me what point I forgot to make. I write in to discuss issues and you guys trash my character and invent stuff about me, personally, as if you actually know me. How stupid is that?
Tells me if you had any freedom to post what you wanted you'd talk about the issues. But it's become pretty clear that your instructions are to "keep it personal" and "keep it ugly."
I come to that conclusion after observing every single one of you right wing lackeys doing the EXACT same thing. Which makes the best case for your own idea about multiple user names. You guys could ALL be one guy. You ALL do the same thing.
There's a difference between believing the "same thing" and writing about it the "same way". It's clear that none of you know that difference.
Pot ... kettle ... black.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,621 - 75,640 of109,637
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••