Did Republicans deliberately crash the US economy? | Michael Cohen

Jun 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Guardian

Be it ideology or strategem, the GOP has blocked pro-growth policy and backed job-killing austerity - all while blaming Obama The Republican party congressional leadership : Senate Republican minority leader Mitch McConnell, House majority leader Eric Cantor, and House speaker John Boehner, after the 2010 midterms.

Comments
1 - 20 of 1,998 Comments Last updated Aug 20, 2012
First Prev
of 100
Next Last
Dan Salazar

Los Alamitos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Huh.........I thought Obama was a "Democrat"?

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Did they? No they did not mr. stupid question media moron...

First batch of idiots responsible for the pathetic economic woes are each and every dumbbell who voted for the lord marshal b. h. obama.
Second is the lord marshal b. h. obama, a self-serving bozo. Instead of walking away from communist lowlifes like bill ayers b. h. obama launches his political career from the home of bill ayers. Obviously anyone who knows about bill ayers rap sheet knows you have to be one plucked up cookie to associate with him and his ilk. The lord marshal b. h. obama is that kind of cookie thus his content of character is anti-Americanism and America needs to flush him November 2012.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

This President had 2 years of Democrat majority in Congress, and he blew them on an unconstitutional healthcare law. He is totally clueless about the economy, and doesn't need Republicans to mess up the economy. He did that all by himself. He is so insecure he has to have a scapegoat. It won't work. We know who messed up the economy.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Dan Salazar wrote:
Huh.........I thought Obama was a "Democrat"?
It began when they picked Sarah Palin. That was the first sign that the RNC was throwing the election. They knew the economy was going down hill and they wanted President Obama to own it. Any measure the President took to stimulate the economy, the GOP opposed it. They even stated that their only goal was to make PResident Obama a one term president. At this point, by picking Romney as their candidate, it seems to me they don't want to win this election, either.

Republicans have chosen politics over patriotism.
They don't care about the future of America.
They just want the black man out of THEIR White House and to hell with the economy, our standing in the world and the future of our children.
They are pathetic.
May they all rot in hell.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
This President had 2 years of Democrat majority in Congress, and he blew them on an unconstitutional healthcare law. He is totally clueless about the economy, and doesn't need Republicans to mess up the economy. He did that all by himself. He is so insecure he has to have a scapegoat. It won't work. We know who messed up the economy.
We are coming close to a 40% obesity rate. Kids are having heart attacks and juvenile diabetes is rising at alarming levels.

If you think health insurance and hospital visits are expensive now, just wait until you have to fork out the taxes to pay for the hospital bills of the 48 million impoverished Americans who have no health insurance and no money.

You think Obamacare is a bad idea, just wait until 1/2 the country looks like whales. It won't be long now, especially since republicans refuse to overhaul school lunches that are comprised of chocolate milk and pizza...for breakfast and lunch. Their budget cuts for education will make our kids fat and stupid.....just like the republicans like them. Fat, stupid, future voters.
Wikiwikiwik

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Yes! The Rethuglicans passed The Community Reinvestment Act in the 90sarmed and sent ACORN out to threaten banks who didn't give houses to minorities. Then they had Frannie and Freddie hide the bad paper.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

All's fair in love and war, right?

Look what they did to Carter. It's funny how it backfired with Bush. The trick is to do what you are told, like Clinton.

Obama has a tough time because even though he's doing the same thing, pssssssssst, he's half black...

The only concern I have is that we got the Bush tax cuts to improve the economy and they didn't work. We keep extending them and they aren't working. We had two unpaid wars and tax cuts. We want to cut more taxes and cut spending, but have no concern about paying for the wars. We will keep shrinking government and STILL have our war debt. We bailed out the banks and thereby devalued ALL our assets as individual Americans. Our savings are worth less, our homes are worth less. Our only option is to "invest" (gamble) in the unregulated market that caused all our problems. We are told to invest in oil, war, and multinational corporations, the very things we are already indebted to, even though we bailed them out, again and again. It doesn't look like Americans have much choice. What are we supposed to do if we want to be responsible and save for a retirement or raining day, if we happen to not be billionaires who took the loot and changed the rules? What hope does the Middle Class have and which party cares? It's no wonder we're so distracted by social issues. We are hopeless. The system is rigged against the majority and the minority likes it that way. To the victor go the spoils. We're left with a prayer, nothing more.

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Wikiwikiwik wrote:
Yes! The Rethuglicans passed The Community Reinvestment Act in the 90sarmed and sent ACORN out to threaten banks who didn't give houses to minorities. Then they had Frannie and Freddie hide the bad paper.
Prove that! Carter started it, Clinton double down on it causing a bubble that Dems were warned about but did nothing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

They are your children. Did it never occur to you they might need to be fed healthy food? Why is it always the Governments obligation to feed your children. Lay off the beer, and cigarettes you buy with their food money, and they won't be so fat. What you cannot depend on is the American people working to give you all the amenities people have when they work, for free. Taxpayers owe the poor nothing unless they are poor by no fault of their own. Our poor chooses to stay poor, and breed for free money. That is just wrong.
OBAMA 2012

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Wow, do you reflubs sit here panting waiting for the next topic to show up on the Politics board? It sure seems like it to me. Have a nice day!

“Try an take 'em ya Varmint”

Since: Jul 08

Rio Rancho

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Ah,... The big lie. The bigger the lie the easier it is to believe. The state controlled liberal media is down with whatever the current lie is coming out of the whitehouse. Unfortunately for them we have multitudinous outlets for non-liberal media. Blogs, websites and radio shows everywhere. Too many for George Soros to stampout. We can get the truth and people are waking up to Liberalism. At least 50% of the American people are not stupid. The other 50% can be led.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Cravczec wrote:
Ah,... The big lie. The bigger the lie the easier it is to believe. The state controlled liberal media is down with whatever the current lie is coming out of the whitehouse. Unfortunately for them we have multitudinous outlets for non-liberal media. Blogs, websites and radio shows everywhere. Too many for George Soros to stampout. We can get the truth and people are waking up to Liberalism. At least 50% of the American people are not stupid. The other 50% can be led.
Paranoia will destroya.
Let's hope sooner than later.

President Obama 2012

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
They are your children. Did it never occur to you they might need to be fed healthy food? Why is it always the Governments obligation to feed your children. Lay off the beer, and cigarettes you buy with their food money, and they won't be so fat. What you cannot depend on is the American people working to give you all the amenities people have when they work, for free. Taxpayers owe the poor nothing unless they are poor by no fault of their own. Our poor chooses to stay poor, and breed for free money. That is just wrong.
Are you stupid, dyslexic, or both?

Our founding fathers structured the Constitution so this Nation would work together. It said "WE THE PEOPLE"...not ME THE PEOPLE.

The Statue of Liberty...bring us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.

How about Christ? You guys like to throw that one around.
If Christ is making a 2nd appearance, he ain't taking
any republicans with him. That's for damn sure.

I don't like supporting people who can work and support themselves but there are people who are handicapped, especially military veterans and they NEED my tax support.

What I really don't want is for the middle class to disappear and for us to turn into a third world country where 1 or 2% is rich and the rest are poor.

Why would you want that for a country you supposedly love?

Think people think. There is a world out there just beyond your two car garage and the scales are so imbalanced that unless WE do something now, the US will never EVER be the great country it once was.

Please, CAT74, continue with your hateful diatribes that do nothing for anyone.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>We are coming close to a 40% obesity rate. Kids are having heart attacks and juvenile diabetes is rising at alarming levels.
If you think health insurance and hospital visits are expensive now, just wait until you have to fork out the taxes to pay for the hospital bills of the 48 million impoverished Americans who have no health insurance and no money.
You think Obamacare is a bad idea, just wait until 1/2 the country looks like whales. It won't be long now, especially since republicans refuse to overhaul school lunches that are comprised of chocolate milk and pizza...for breakfast and lunch. Their budget cuts for education will make our kids fat and stupid.....just like the republicans like them. Fat, stupid, future voters.
Kids are having heart attacks and obesity because of the junk they EAT. Ever think about all the chemicals put in food, and the preservatives and high fructose corn syrup. If Obama was really serious about making us eat better, he'd outlaw those. That's reason why there's cancer. Quit blaming Republicans, its you idiots. If you don't think aspertame in diet sodas is poisonous, look it up. You guys blame everyone, but its you're own fault cause you're ignorant.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Well, hell yes they did. The Republicans have been
sabotaging the economy for 3 1/2 years. The congressional Republicans don't want even one single job added to this economy. They figure worse the better for them.

Anti-economy and pro-terrorist.

Why are Republicans such anti-American filth?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Did the Guardian get their headline and analysis from Media Matters?

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

billshit, by proxy!

NOBODY buys this shit anymore...
even the loons know it's a load of crap!

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

well, nobody but that moron, gary.
OBAMA 2012

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Dont' forget about the Bush stimulus money...I took mine and promptly put it on my credit card bill. That was a total waste of tax payers money.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

HELLO?

I have been on here for the past 3 years pointing that out. Why do you think I have been calling these tea-bagging right-wingers “unpatriotic”; it is because Rush Limbaugh said a few weeks after President Obama’s inauguration “[He] hopes he fails”. And every right-wing bastard cheered that unpatriotic sentiment.

If I had my way every single right-wing tea-bagging nut would be charged with treason and dealt with immediately and appropriately.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 100
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
King's legacy still cause of debate (Jan '14) 1 min Savant 927
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min shinningelectr0n 1,082,518
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min harmonious 245,344
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 min Truth is might 21,580
Obama going to dinner as clock ticks toward recess 3 min Cat74 3
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 4 min Just a thought 258
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 5 min Bruno 52,776
•••
•••