District 16 Congressional Race: Reyes, O'Rourke Talk Jobs, Economy In El Paso

May 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KVIA-TV El Paso

Congressman Silvestre Reyes is trying to win another term in office. But his main challenger, Beto O'Rourke, is fiercely trying to win the seat.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
See the Light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I hate Democrats, but Betois cute, he reminds me of James Franco. I started disliking Reyes after he was helping freinds of family in Juarez. He did not help anyone here.
Lupe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

See the Light wrote:
I hate Democrats, but Betois cute, he reminds me of James Franco. I started disliking Reyes after he was helping freinds of family in Juarez. He did not help anyone here.
Beto is more than a pretty face. He understands the Occupy movement perfectly and he will support our agenda of peace, equality and prosperity for all, regardless of race, sexuality or education. I already voted for him in the primary and I'm pretty sure he'll win because my whole family voted for him.
Hortencia

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

But remember, if you vote for O'rourke, he will bulldozer your homes to build the yarbro bridge, so we better vote for Reyes because he will stop the bulldozers from coming to our homes. He said so.
Lupe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 21, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Hortencia wrote:
But remember, if you vote for O'rourke, he will bulldozer your homes to build the yarbro bridge, so we better vote for Reyes because he will stop the bulldozers from coming to our homes. He said so.
What in holy hell are you talking about? I already voted for him per my post. I might try to vote again with my cousin's card because he's registered in another precinct. But it's Beto all the way to Washington where he'll shake things up. Did you see the debate last night? He was all over the old man and made him look foolish.
Hortencia

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 21, 2012
 
I saw the debate last night also, and Reyes beat him. The older generation will vote for Reyes because we don't want our homes bulldozed to make way for the bridge and because O'rourke wants to take away our social security benefits, and Reyes doesn't. Reyes will win another term, you'll see.
What

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

He will shake things up in Washington? You really don't a realistic perception of the House.
Hortencia

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 22, 2012
 
The older law abiding generation will vote for Reyes, while many young hooligans will vote for O'rourke so that they can smoke Marijuana in public.
Rick

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 22, 2012
 
See the Light wrote:
I hate Democrats, but Betois cute, he reminds me of James Franco. I started disliking Reyes after he was helping freinds of family in Juarez. He did not help anyone here.
BTW Beto looks nothing like James Franco, but more like Big Bird from Sesame Street.
Louis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Hortencia wrote:
The older law abiding generation will vote for Reyes, while many young hooligans will vote for O'rourke so that they can smoke Marijuana in public.
Reyes doesn't even support gay marriage which is a basic human right guaranteed by the Constitution. Beto will make sure that everyone's rights are granted and upheld. He's also a damn good Catholic so he proves that you can be religious and still support gays.
What

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Oh really, did you forget his statement "there is no room for God, in government".
Louis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

What wrote:
Oh really, did you forget his statement "there is no room for God, in government".
Not at all - those are warm sentiments indeed. I just meant that he's proof that if you're Catholic, you can still be pro gay. Most Hispanics in town who are against it feel that way because they don't want to defy the Church. Beto proves you can be in favor of gays marrying and still be a good Christian. I never said his Catholicism would influence his decision. Clearly it doesn't since the Church is not in favor of grass smoking.
What

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 22, 2012
 
Many are baptized, but few practice. Being a good Christian does not entail cherry picking which scriptures appeal to one. I suppose being drunk in public and being spanked by a married woman is is also a good Christian. He also abused a legal substance and you would expect his self control with other substances.
family values

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 22, 2012
 
What wrote:
Many are baptized, but few practice. Being a good Christian does not entail cherry picking which scriptures appeal to one. I suppose being drunk in public and being spanked by a married woman is is also a good Christian. He also abused a legal substance and you would expect his self control with other substances.
Many have returned to the Church because they have seen what chaos their lives and the world is in.
What

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 22, 2012
 
Are suggesting, he suddenly experience a regilious rebirth? If he attends at all, he is as bad as a couple of candidates that pray and pray but don't practice Christianity.
Lupe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 22, 2012
 
What wrote:
Many are baptized, but few practice. Being a good Christian does not entail cherry picking which scriptures appeal to one. I suppose being drunk in public and being spanked by a married woman is is also a good Christian. He also abused a legal substance and you would expect his self control with other substances.
That's all hearsay. Besides, we all make mistakes and get caught up in the moment. Are you some sort of rumor monger? I suggest you get behind Beto and support him because he's for change and always shoots straight. Monging him on a forum with rumors and innuendo is unbecoming.
DUI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 22, 2012
 
Charlottes needs juarez business.
What

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 22, 2012
 
No rumor, factual. Apparently either you didn't see the video or chose to ignore. Ask Byrd. Self delusion is unbecoming. DUI arrest photo and people that "partied" with him with herbs.
Change? He pushed hard for malls, malls everywhere destroyed downtown shopping. So now he wants to revitalize downtown shopping. He kept silent when disabled vets were attacked during a council meeting. Now he loves vets. He attacked a priest during a council meeting. He spent 6 yrs on council without creating jobs, now he blames others. He complains about the bridges, they werent a priority until now. Strange how an election season changes values.
Lonnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 22, 2012
 
What wrote:
No rumor, factual. Apparently either you didn't see the video or chose to ignore. Ask Byrd. Self delusion is unbecoming. DUI arrest photo and people that "partied" with him with herbs.
Change? He pushed hard for malls, malls everywhere destroyed downtown shopping. So now he wants to revitalize downtown shopping. He kept silent when disabled vets were attacked during a council meeting. Now he loves vets. He attacked a priest during a council meeting. He spent 6 yrs on council without creating jobs, now he blames others. He complains about the bridges, they werent a priority until now. Strange how an election season changes values.
All of that sounds kind of far fetched to me. Have you ever seen him on TV? He's very clean looking and quite articulate. He reminds me of George Will without the glasses because he has lovely, porcelain skin. I don't think it behooves anyone to spread gossip about candidates. If all you said were true then Reyes would be blasting him for it and all he attacked him for the other night during the debate was grass and gays.
Orourke Street

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 22, 2012
 
Why does the City have a Street named Orourke?That's the Street where those two young kids were killed on. Dyer and Orourke st. Poorly maintained street no lights no sidewalk. This is bad. Why was it approved to be named after Drug addict DUI Money Laundering Family?
What

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 22, 2012
 
Nothing far fletched. Check the court records. Check with lion star blog for a video , that was taken down after three days, of him falling down drunk and being spanked on the night he left city council. Even norma chavez blog has his arrest photo. Either you don't read or ignore the obvious. Remember Reyes is not a great debater.

You judge a person's character by physical appearance? Where have you been? Physical appearance has been very misleading in several major crimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••