Sobering New Numbers on Global Warming

Aug 8, 2012 Full story: OpEdNews

I originally posted Part One of this two part article about a year ago. I'm reposting it now because recent events, the extraordinary rapid melting of the Greenland ice sheet and the report on excessive CO2 emissions circulating in Europe, have once again made it relevant.

Full Story

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#1 Aug 8, 2012
Just loving the pic of NY underwater, it's every alarmist's wet dream.
[Pun intended]
ֿ
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#2 Aug 8, 2012
I find the joke sick. The poster is certainly very sick.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#3 Aug 8, 2012
Lousy article. "New numbers"? Where?

And why harp on about gas fracking without mentioning that it has made the US the world leader in carbon emissions reduction?

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#4 Aug 9, 2012
Nauseous wrote:
And why harp on about gas fracking without mentioning that it has made the US the world leader in carbon emissions reduction?
Answer:

Russia's emissions dropped rapidly in the early 90s due to an economic collapse with the fall of the USSR.
France's emissions dropped in the 70s-80s as it switched to nuclear power after the Arab oil embargo.
Britain's emissions dropped in the 80s-90s as it switched from coal to gas for economic reasons and because of the miners' strikes as well as to cut smog.
No countries have managed to cut emissions as a result of a deliberate policy to combat climate change.

There is also a strong argument that Western countries where emissions have fallen or grown slowly (especially Britain and the US) have really been exporting their emissions with their manufacturing industries to developing countries like China, where emissions have been rising fast.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_countries_have...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberal Political News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Turkish Fairy Tale 7 min BOZ-OK 10
Obama's Trojan Horse: US Recognition of Cuba af... 3 hr government of Ukr... 1
Voices From The Ghosts of Vietnam Are Being Hea... 12 hr CAPKHUNGLIMDRUDEN... 3
Head of Stratfor, 'Private CIA,' Says Overthrow... Sat NAZTY Ukraine 3
Shooting Down MH 17 - BUK 312 Story False Says ... Dec 17 NAZTY Ukraine 2
Even Crazy Pat Robertson Has Had Enough Of Ted ... Dec 16 Pigeon Droppings 1
Imperialism and the Politics of Torture Dec 16 obvious 2
More from around the web