DREAM Act protesters close Obama campaign office

Full story: KKCO-TV Grand Junction

A Colorado campaign office for President Barack Obama is closed to the public after two activists went on a hunger strike inside.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Jun 10, 2012
Pied Piper

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Too bad they believed their Messiah would rescue them?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Good, now if they keep up the good work, they will be dead in about 4 weeks and we wont hear anything more about them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
Doing nothing means business as usual and I don't see illegal alien numbers dropping the way you all wished they would so who's really the winner here?
no doing nothing, doing something, we have stopped it everytime they have tried to pass this POS, i wont call that nothing. AZ law ruling before the supreme court went well and is expected to be ruled okay later this month, then just wait and see, at least dozen more states have laws similar and just waiting on the supreme court
Really

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

Andysdad wrote:
<quoted text>no doing nothing, doing something, we have stopped it everytime they have tried to pass this POS, i wont call that nothing. AZ law ruling before the supreme court went well and is expected to be ruled okay later this month, then just wait and see, at least dozen more states have laws similar and just waiting on the supreme court
I agree andysdad.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
Doing nothing means business as usual and I don't see illegal alien numbers dropping the way you all wished they would so who's really the winner here?
Seeing as more states are penning their own anti-immigration laws , it would appear that illegals are on the run. Many keep running to what they think are more illegal friendly, only to find out that the people there are also getting tired of being taken to the cleaners by illegals and want to take action to force them out. Only when our POTUS takes a proacvtive stance concerning illegals will we see a drop in their presence. Since this fool in charge now only wishes to protect his illegal relatives, we will have to see what the next one will do for We the People concerning this. The current POS is too busy trying to take down this country, and illegals are a part of that plan.
surveysaid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

Article one section 8 of the us constitution power of congress to establish uniform rules for naturalization.
Romney 2012 n 2016

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

surveysaid wrote:
Article one section 8 of the us constitution power of congress to establish uniform rules for naturalization.
Too bad the current administration keeps changing the rules and moving the goal post.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

surveysaid wrote:
So what is your point? The subject is those who ignore the rules.

“THE RUMBLE WILL BECOME A ROAR”

Since: Dec 06

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
States can make all the immigration laws that they want and it will not mean anything as the state has no authority to deport people to another country. For example, if Arizona begins deporting people to Mexico, Mexico will laugh at them and the Feds will laugh along with them.
And why do I say this?
Becuase I see this happening all the time in Los Angeles. You get low priority illegals getting caught up in petty crimes. LA County with their 287 (g) powers detects the illegals and informs ICE. ICE places no hold and the illegal is released back into Los Angeles.
So I bet the solution is to get tough?
Ok, I'm waiting.
The solution is to go after the employers and landlords. If there are no jobs for illegals and no place for them to live they will have no reason to stay or return after deportation.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

NON COMPLACENT TWINK wrote:
<quoted text>
The solution is to go after the employers and landlords. If there are no jobs for illegals and no place for them to live they will have no reason to stay or return after deportation.
The problem with that is they will be taken care of by the goverment.They will(are) get section 8 housing,food stamps,health care,ect.I agree that anyone that employs or rents to them should be accountable for their actions with steep fines and/or jail time.What has to be done is round them all up(it can be done)ship them home and seal the borders every way possible,even if it means that we have to put in mine fields,harsh?,yes but it sure does get the point across.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
So long as that border remains open, those you deport will simply come back. I'm well aware of what States are doing but lets be real here, all this ability to question people for 'looking illegal' will not stop them from coming back. Even if you lock them up, you'll still have others being released and coming back across the border.
That border needs attention, lots of attention.
the border needs minimal attention, doing as north korea does solves the problem. They have deployed automatic systems which do not ask question, they just target and kill you, 50 to 100 of those units along high traffic areas and the problems drops to 1/2 easily/
Cat74

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

We will have a new Homeland Security person in a few months, and maybe they will take immigration laws serious, and get these people deported in a timely manner. They have to do a better job then the current group of incompetents.
Family Ties

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

People need to rise up!!

Protect yourselves & fight Obama!!!

The guy is a "complete fraud"!!

EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM. HE IS NOT LOOKING OUT FOR AMERICA'S BEST LONG-TERM INTERESTS!!!

BEWARE of "Obama"!!

You "have been getting taken for a ride"...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I understand that your upset about this issue but killing unarmed people is not going to happen.
what do you mean not going to happen, its happening already, hundreds of not thousands citizens are killed very year by illegal immigrants,the killing has already started

“THE RUMBLE WILL BECOME A ROAR”

Since: Dec 06

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Let's get honest!

There are violent criminals who cross our borders, cartel members, drug runners, etc. however, there are also poor people who come here looking for jobs.
They are not stray dogs to be shot and killed, they are human beings. Take away the incentive to come here, the job, and there will be no reason for them to come.
When did we become a nation of people who wanted to shoot people looking for work? I don't think we have and enforcement of our immigration laws needs to be done within the peramiters of the law or we become the same criminals we fight against.
The problem has been created and encouraged by our politicians, the Chamber of Commerce, big business, special interest groups, etc. They should be the target of our anger, not the little guy who wants a job.
Write, call, e-mail, and fax your representatives. That is what has stopped the proposed amnesty in the past and can do it again. Threats don't work and I doubt that anyone who proposes shooting people as they cross the border is really going to pick up a weapon, go sit on the border and take aim at some poor man, woman and child trying to come here.
Also, there is the fact that not all illegal aliens came across our Southern border, many came from the North and many came on visa's and allowed them to expire. There are also numerous children who were not given a choice of whether they were being brought here legally or illegally.
There is no "One size fit's all" solution but we all have the option of contacting our representatives from the local level to the White house and making our voices heard. American citizens do not require a green card but they do have the option of getting a white card, better known as a voter registration card and going to the polls to vote for the representatives that we believe will best serve our country, not just for control of illegal immigration but for the economy, foreign affairs, National debt, etc.
Or, you also have the option of doing nothing more than posting on topix and making empty threats.
Anonymous

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Seeing as more states are penning their own anti-immigration laws , it would appear that illegals are on the run. Many keep running to what they think are more illegal friendly, only to find out that the people there are also getting tired of being taken to the cleaners by illegals and want to take action to force them out. Only when our POTUS takes a proacvtive stance concerning illegals will we see a drop in their presence. Since this fool in charge now only wishes to protect his illegal relatives, we will have to see what the next one will do for We the People concerning this. The current POS is too busy trying to take down this country, and illegals are a part of that plan.
Very well said!!

Since: Jan 11

Milton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

NON COMPLACENT TWINK wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Mandatory E-Verify is a no-brainer. Its implementation should be accelerated and required in both the public and private sectors. I'm also a big proponent of proof of legal residency requirements to rent an apartment or purchase a home. I'll even take it a step further and throw in my support for any law that would make illegals ineligible for utility services. Something needs to be done to make their unlawful existence in this country as unpleasant as possible.

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Don't worry Obama will begin soon pandering to the illegal crowd, just as he has to the gay crowd.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Holder should investigate.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

Judged:

SIR LANCELOT wrote:
Don't worry Obama will begin soon pandering to the illegal crowd, just as he has to the gay crowd.
The Illegal community and the OCCUPATION will be his trump card.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••