Undocumented Immigrants Settling Down: Study

Dec 7, 2011 Full story: NBC San Diego 1,159

More than 70 percent of Americans believe that if immigrants pay fines, have jobs and pass background checks, they should be granted citizenship.

Full Story
First Prev
of 58
Next Last

Since: Feb 11

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 7, 2011
What a crook of bull, this is totaly Newts feeling all 70% of it. This is nothing but a ploy to secure our feelings about immigration, mine is still negative the illegals need to leave and take their childern with them for they are the future destuction of america! Anyhow where did he get this poll from cause no one ever called me ormy friends and asked them how we felt so this is a lie!!! Who ever wrote this needs to do more research instead of cramming spoiled food down our throats. Mainly hispanics got to go.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#2 Dec 7, 2011
"As many as 3.5 million undocumented immigrants would receive amnesty with Gingrich’s plan, the study calculated.

“If you’ve been here for 25 years, and you got three kids and two grandkids, you’ve been paying taxes and obeying the law, you belong to a local church, I don’t think we are going to separate you from your family, uproot you forcefully and kick you out,” Gingrich said in last week’s debate.

Pew added a section to their overview addressing the religiousness of undocumented immigrants: 62 percent of Latino illegal immigrants attend church at least twice a month.

Source: Undocumented Immigrants Settling Down: Study | NBC San Diego

Since: Nov 11

Seattle, WA

#3 Dec 7, 2011
That is bs.Deport or execute the illegals,after taking everything away from them.
On The Dole

Medford, OR

#4 Dec 7, 2011
"...Front-runner GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich stated in the past that he would support a degree of amnesty..."

I will rally against ANY candidate that supports any degree of amnesty!
What

Kansas City, MO

#5 Dec 7, 2011
I'm always amazed at as regards news with like this. Just say no, hell no!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#6 Dec 7, 2011
According to this study 2/3 of all illegal aliens have been violating immigration laws for more than 10 years without any consequences. Of course they have been using stolen/fraudulent I.D., avoiding taxes and violating numerous other laws as well. Just because they are good at breaking the law we should let them stay? I knew a guy in high school who sold pot. He, from what I have been told, has been in the business continuously since then and was finally arrested for the first time for dealing about a year ago. He was sentenced to 6 years in prison for selling small quantities of pot to an undercover agent. You would think that since he has been breaking the law for over 35 years he would get a pass just like an illegal alien who has been breaking the law for years. I guess this is just another case where it would be better to be illegal rather than a citizen.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#7 Dec 7, 2011
“If you’ve been here for 25 years, and you got three kids and two grandkids, you’ve been paying taxes and obeying the law, you belong to a local church, I don’t think we are going to separate you from your family, uproot you forcefully and kick you out,” Gingrich said in last week’s debate.

So I guess only illegal alien Christians can stay under the Gingrich plan.

How can you "obey the law" when you break the law everyday just by being in the U.S.?

“Keeping It Real”

Since: Sep 10

Whittier, California

#8 Dec 7, 2011
70%? Hmmm, makes you wonder if these polls are all being conducted at taco stands in sanctuary cities. Many of my family and friends who, like me, are Americans of Hispanic descent are just as fed up with the hoards of illegal invaders as the rest of the U.S.. 70% my ass.

Since: May 10

Santa Ana, CA

#9 Dec 7, 2011
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
According to this study 2/3 of all illegal aliens have been violating immigration laws for more than 10 years without any consequences. Of course they have been using stolen/fraudulent I.D., avoiding taxes and violating numerous other laws as well. Just because they are good at breaking the law we should let them stay? I knew a guy in high school who sold pot. He, from what I have been told, has been in the business continuously since then and was finally arrested for the first time for dealing about a year ago. He was sentenced to 6 years in prison for selling small quantities of pot to an undercover agent. You would think that since he has been breaking the law for over 35 years he would get a pass just like an illegal alien who has been breaking the law for years. I guess this is just another case where it would be better to be illegal rather than a citizen.
Dee,Dee, I like you, don't care if they've been here for 30 yrs. They have been living here illegally and so why should they be rewarded for living in the shadows undetected? This is just another attempt by the la raza infiltrators to bend the truth of the polls. Most Americans want the complete opposite, otherwise the DreamAct and amnesties would have already passed, but didn't because the powers that be will be out on the butts like the Dems in the Midterm Elections last years, with NO DreamAct either...
mee

Lithonia, GA

#11 Dec 7, 2011
This report is wright ......70%, what percentage do you represent ? The percentage of losers?.in each country the patriots are minority.
Athena

Washington, UT

#12 Dec 7, 2011
Let me see Pew Institute gathered the facts,NBC ,San Diego reporting......no skewing of the figures here I bet. LOL!!!!!!!

Santa Ana, CA

#13 Dec 7, 2011
mee wrote:
This report is wright ......70%, what percentage do you represent ? The percentage of losers?.in each country the patriots are minority.
Were not talk about the la raza polls, were talking about current reputable polls that show clearly that Americans DO NOT support any form of amnesty and DO NOT support the abuse of the 14th Amendment, which should also be clarified to stop the anchor baby saga!!!
sterco

Helena, MT

#14 Dec 7, 2011
Settled Down? Maybe time to put a knock on the door at 300 AM and shake em up a little bit!!! Like trip to NOGALES fast fast fast!!! BYE BYE ILLEGAL FUKIN BEAN DIPS!!! You be on your way home soon!!! We are working on it as you read this!!!
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#15 Dec 7, 2011
Memo to Gingrich:'Red card' is path to amnesty

7:30 pm Eastern

© 2011
“If Newt Gingrich is a "policy wonk" as his friends proclaim, he is a very lazy one.

He should have read the Kriebel Foundation's "Red Card Solution" before endorsing it as a non-amnesty solution to our immigration conundrum...

“Buried deep in the proposal is a statement that ought to send a chill up the spine of any American who opposes amnesty…

“Any worker could apply for a green card – and thus a path to citizenship – after completing several years in the program. The sole hitch? They could not go to the head of the line.
So, the Red Card program does not convey citizenship, but it does establish a legal path to citizenship for illegal aliens already in the country.

Memo to Newt: That's not a back-door amnesty program, it's a front-door amnesty program.”

http://www.wnd.com/index.php...
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#16 Dec 7, 2011
DonMan wrote:
<quoted text>Dee,Dee, I like you, don't care if they've been here for 30 yrs. They have been living here illegally and so why should they be rewarded for living in the shadows undetected? This is just another attempt by the la raza infiltrators to bend the truth of the polls. Most Americans want the complete opposite, otherwise the DreamAct and amnesties would have already passed, but didn't because the powers that be will be out on the butts like the Dems in the Midterm Elections last years, with NO DreamAct either...
Exactly! On one hand we are being told that they come here to work as migrant workers in the agricultural business to make money to send back home but then we are told that we should give a pass to those who never went home, worked outside of the agricultural industry, paid no taxes or paid minimal taxes using stolen or fraudulent I.D. etc. I have no problem with people coming here temporarily on H2A visas to make money to support their families doing jobs that are hard to fill such as agricultural labor but those that come here illegally need to be deported and they should be fined and jailed proportionately to the number of years they were here.
My amnesty plan is we that grant amnesty to any person here illegally that leaves the country by a certain date. If they leave by that date they can immediately apply to reenter. Any person in the country illegally after that date will be deported when caught and barred from reentry for 10 years as the law currently stands. They will also be barred for one additional year for every year they were here illegally.
Old News

Omaha, NE

#17 Dec 7, 2011
Researcher wrote:
Memo to Gingrich:'Red card' is path to amnesty
7:30 pm Eastern
© 2011
“If Newt Gingrich is a "policy wonk" as his friends proclaim, he is a very lazy one.
He should have read the Kriebel Foundation's "Red Card Solution" before endorsing it as a non-amnesty solution to our immigration conundrum...
“Buried deep in the proposal is a statement that ought to send a chill up the spine of any American who opposes amnesty…
“Any worker could apply for a green card – and thus a path to citizenship – after completing several years in the program. The sole hitch? They could not go to the head of the line.
So, the Red Card program does not convey citizenship, but it does establish a legal path to citizenship for illegal aliens already in the country.
Memo to Newt: That's not a back-door amnesty program, it's a front-door amnesty program.”
http://www.wnd.com/index.php...
Will you try and keep up? This is OLD news.

Santa Ana, CA

#18 Dec 7, 2011
sterco wrote:
Settled Down? Maybe time to put a knock on the door at 300 AM and shake em up a little bit!!! Like trip to NOGALES fast fast fast!!! BYE BYE ILLEGAL FUKIN BEAN DIPS!!! You be on your way home soon!!! We are working on it as you read this!!!
Settling down is such a casual term. Illegally colonizing is more like it.. damn 3rd world invaders is what they are!!
Hiding In Shadows

Omaha, NE

#19 Dec 7, 2011
DonMan wrote:
<quoted text>Settling down is such a casual term. Illegally colonizing is more like it.. damn 3rd world invaders is what they are!!
But, but I thought they were all "hiding in the shadows?" Oh wait, that's what the advocates and D.C. would like us to believe.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#20 Dec 7, 2011
Old News wrote:
<quoted text>Will you try and keep up? This is OLD news.
Nov. 25, 2011, is NOT old news. And the passage of two weeks didn't change the facts at all.

Dec 1, 2011 "Gingrich’s ‘Humane’ Plan Could Affect Millions of Illegal Immigrants"

"Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s proposed “humane” approach to enforcing U.S. immigration laws could mean legalization for as many as 3.5 million illegal immigrants..."

What's your point?

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#21 Dec 7, 2011
kchibrown38 wrote:
What a crook of bull, this is totaly Newts feeling all 70% of it. This is nothing but a ploy to secure our feelings about immigration, mine is still negative the illegals need to leave and take their childern with them for they are the future destuction of america! Anyhow where did he get this poll from cause no one ever called me ormy friends and asked them how we felt so this is a lie!!! Who ever wrote this needs to do more research instead of cramming spoiled food down our throats. Mainly hispanics got to go.
They polled 70% illegal alien households and 30% American citizen households. Otherwise they would never have gotten such ridiculous figures. Most people want them to go home! Let the ones who have applied to come legally and are waiting in their own countries for permission to come here should be the ones we want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 58
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ICE Locks Up Undocumented Teen After He Visited... 18 min Bama Yankee 1
Alleged illegal immigrants discovered in washin... 26 min woodtick57 3
GOP stokes Ebola fears against immigrants 1 hr Here Is One 464
Ebola fears spark backlash against Latino immig... 5 hr TeaBagging for Am... 90
Immigrant families torn by detentions 6 hr Dee Dee Dee 9
Illegal Migrants 'Too Scared' To Get Treatment 17 hr Here Is One 5
Getting Latinos to Go Out and Vote 18 hr ronnie 2

Illegal Immigration People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE