Obama interrupted during immigration remarks

Jun 15, 2012 Full story: Athens Banner-Herald 853

President Barack Obama responded angrily to a reporter from a conservative online publication who interrupted him during remarks on immigration in the White House Rose Garden.

Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

#877 Jul 5, 2012
damn invasion wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly, the higher IQ belongs to the Ashkenazi Jews. And, Jews in America are smarter than Isralei Jews. So, no - not every Jew is smart. I've met some more dense ones.
But, you are a mixed something so, you lost some IQ points at birth. Sorry about that.
Your thinking is so medieval as to boggle the mind! What kind of research are you willing to put forth to support such an outlandish claim? Yes, I am a mix of something. Who is not? I have a combination of British Isles, European, and Scandinavian lineage, and my IQ is probably a larger number than your weight. I wonder if you're serious and need to be educated or if you're spouting foolishness simply for attention. Either way, I think you are in need of some professional help.

Fort Worth, TX

#878 Jul 5, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think it's a little to early for you to be smoking crack?
LOL! Wonder what color the sky is in his world???

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#879 Jul 5, 2012
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thinking is so medieval as to boggle the mind! What kind of research are you willing to put forth to support such an outlandish claim? Yes, I am a mix of something. Who is not? I have a combination of British Isles, European, and Scandinavian lineage, and my IQ is probably a larger number than your weight. I wonder if you're serious and need to be educated or if you're spouting foolishness simply for attention. Either way, I think you are in need of some professional help.
You're being way to kind to him, Terry

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#880 Jul 5, 2012
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Wonder what color the sky is in his world???
Depends, if Nurse Ratchet has made her rounds and given him a daily dose of Lithium. I've seen some nonsense posted, but his is right up there in the Nutz Hall of Fame.

Fort Worth, TX

#881 Jul 5, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends, if Nurse Ratchet has made her rounds and given him a daily dose of Lithium. I've seen some nonsense posted, but his is right up there in the Nutz Hall of Fame.
It may just be me, but I find it terrifying that there are people out there with that kind of dogmatic foolishness so deeply imbedded that they would do almost anything to further such convoluted thinking. I try to keep out of the line of sight of bell towers just for that reason.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#882 Jul 5, 2012
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a bit of a tricky one. Actually July 4, 1776 would not have counted since that is year zero. July 4, 1777 would have been the end of year one. From that point it would be 235 years.
That's why I'm not sure. I know we celebrated the 10th anniversary of 9/11 in 2011. 2011 - 2001 = 10 years. 1976 was the 200 year anniversay. 1976 - 1776 = 200 years. So, I'm thinking 2012 - 1776 is 236 years.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#883 Jul 5, 2012
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I'm not sure. I know we celebrated the 10th anniversary of 9/11 in 2011. 2011 - 2001 = 10 years. 1976 was the 200 year anniversay. 1976 - 1776 = 200 years. So, I'm thinking 2012 - 1776 is 236 years.
It kind of gets into semantics and perspective. You're right that it has been 236 calendar years. That is how we usually look at anniversaries.

On the other hand when Obama referred to the "past 235 years" he is also correct since there have been 235 complete years since 1776. We have just started year 236.

I remember leading up to the year 2000 there was some disagreement about when the new millennium really started. Everyone decided to celebrate it on 1/1/2000 but many people are convinced it did not start until 2001.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#884 Jul 5, 2012
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
It kind of gets into semantics and perspective. You're right that it has been 236 calendar years. That is how we usually look at anniversaries.
On the other hand when Obama referred to the "past 235 years" he is also correct since there have been 235 complete years since 1776. We have just started year 236.
I remember leading up to the year 2000 there was some disagreement about when the new millennium really started. Everyone decided to celebrate it on 1/1/2000 but many people are convinced it did not start until 2001.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but this is what I'm looking at.

2002 = 1 year
2003 = 2 years
2004 = 3 years
2005 = 4 years
2006 = 5 years
2007 = 6 years
2008 = 7 years
2009 = 8 years
2010 = 9 years
2011 = 10 years
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#885 Jul 5, 2012
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying you're wrong, but this is what I'm looking at.
2002 = 1 year
2003 = 2 years
2004 = 3 years
2005 = 4 years
2006 = 5 years
2007 = 6 years
2008 = 7 years
2009 = 8 years
2010 = 9 years
2011 = 10 years
That's a good one. You got me. I'm so confused now.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#887 Jul 6, 2012
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good one. You got me. I'm so confused now.
I think I'm right, but wouldn't bet on it. LOL!!!

Fort Worth, TX

#895 Jul 7, 2012
damn invasion wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,
1. God calls homosexuality a perversion.(Anti-homo)
2. God seperated us to different lands, by race, with barriers to keep us apart. Different races/cultures are to be seperate.(Nationalism)
3. Bible is against race-mixing because if you marry outside of your biblical family, you adopt the others culture/relgion.(Like how a white girl acts, after going black.)-(White seperatism)
4. Jesus scattered the Jews because of their wickedness.(Zionists)
5. God is against the worship of false idols.(Catholic)
See? Everything I am against, the bible is, also.
Please, tell me where your bible says that god separated races with barriers. Unless, of course you’re Jewish. You risk your own soul when you put things like “Bible is against race-mixing” in god’s mouth, don’t you? You know as well as I that those words are nowhere in your bible. The Jews were scattered because of their wickedness??? I sincerely hope that you DON’T believe in the bible,‘cause if you do, you have a long, hot eternity ahead of you! All you’re doing is taking the book which was meant to be a sign of hope and love and turning it into a manifesto of hatred for your frightened self. You are so paralyzed with fear of people who you feel are superior to you, that the only way you know how to relate to them is through the easiest emotion you can identify, hatred. I am being completely honest with you and I hope you don’t take offense when I tell you that I think you would benefit greatly from some counseling.

Fort Worth, TX

#896 Jul 7, 2012
damn invasion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not black so, that's not my thing. You can tell us all about your crack habits and then, we can learn how to spot crack-heads when we see them.
You know, you protested pretty quickly... I think you may BE black! I think you're a black man just trying to rile things up.

Fort Worth, TX

#899 Jul 7, 2012
damn invasion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehehe. Yeah, right. I've been called a Mexican, a (shudder) Liberal and, now - a black. You know what I haven't been called? Wrong.
Oh, you are SO wrong; wrong headed! NOT just in what you say, that's bad enough. You are wrong in your thinking! You are in need of professional help.

Fort Worth, TX

#901 Jul 8, 2012
damn invasion wrote:
Disagreeing with you, doesn't make me wrong.
We just don't share the same love of this country.
It's not the love of our country we don't share, it's the love of our fellow human beings. You, for some reason which escapes me, seem to think that you're superior to someone else. Bitterness, fear, hatred, jealousy, inadequacy, and intolerance, are not the feelings of a superior person, if there were such a thing. Those are the feelings of a lost little boy. You have my sympathy for the circumstances which brought you to this point in your life, but maybe its time to grow up.
bob

Gilbert, AZ

#903 Jul 10, 2012
damn invasion wrote:
<quoted text>
I love everyone, in their own country. What's wrong with that? How come you don't love Americans who want their country to be for Americans? You're a traitor in our midst, arguing that we should lose our identity. Isn't that the marking of an enemy in our midst?
Hang in there. Some people still will never get it . America is a melting pot . If they refuse to melt they shouldnt be here . There should be nothing as a "mexican American" no other race melted here uses they former country to discribe them seleves. If America did not invite immigrants they neeed to stay in their home country. Bet we can is hope these people dont vote or out vote us . as at somepoint the shooting will start . The people are fed up.

bob

Gilbert, AZ

#904 Jul 10, 2012
It hard to believe Terry says he fought in wars and now is old, and cant go to war . My question is what for??? Germany didnt overtake us , Japan didnt overtake us. Mexico sure would like too. And he doesnt get it. Maybe he wanted germany or japan to take us over?

Fort Worth, TX

#905 Jul 10, 2012
bob wrote:
<quoted text>Hang in there. Some people still will never get it . America is a melting pot . If they refuse to melt they shouldnt be here . There should be nothing as a "mexican American" no other race melted here uses they former country to discribe them seleves. If America did not invite immigrants they neeed to stay in their home country. Bet we can is hope these people dont vote or out vote us . as at somepoint the shooting will start . The people are fed up.
REALLY??? You never heard of someone claiming to be African-American? How about Irish-American or Italian-American? Never heard of those? Maybe you ought to get out a little more, bob. I agree that they had no legal right to enter our country. There are other ways of solving the situation, though than shooting everyone. Get a clue.

Fort Worth, TX

#906 Jul 10, 2012
bob wrote:
It hard to believe Terry says he fought in wars and now is old, and cant go to war . My question is what for??? Germany didnt overtake us , Japan didnt overtake us. Mexico sure would like too. And he doesnt get it. Maybe he wanted germany or japan to take us over?
What does this post even mean? The fact that I am a sixty year old man who fought in Vietnam has what to do with Germany or Japan? I'm thinking that maybe you might want to: A. Read the posts about which you are posting and B. Try to collect your thoughts before hitting the "Post Comment" button.

Fort Worth, TX

#907 Jul 10, 2012
damn invasion wrote:
<quoted text>
I love everyone, in their own country. What's wrong with that? How come you don't love Americans who want their country to be for Americans? You're a traitor in our midst, arguing that we should lose our identity. Isn't that the marking of an enemy in our midst?
In which post did I claim that I "don't love Americans who want their country to be for Americans"? I take issues with extremists, of any mindset. Your third statement is a lie; actually its two lies in one sentence. I am neither a traitor nor have I ever argued that the country should lose its identity. If, however, the country were to be populated by close-minded, bigoted, holier-than-thou fanatics, then, yes, it would need to lose THAT identity. Fortunately, you are a miniscule part of my country and, even though your vote counts, it won't count for much.
Seth Adams

AOL

#908 Jul 10, 2012
Obama did NOTHING wrong. There is nothing in the Constitution that says an American President must be Pro America or put the best interests of the American people FIRST.

The voters own the shame of electing him. He didn't elect himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Executive orders a courageous way to protect pe... 5 min Bama Yankee 1
Column: Put Americans First 26 min Bama Yankee 1
Middle Easterners crossing border from Mexico? ... 53 min Bama Yankee 3
Obama's Amnesty Pushes Blacks Aside 2 hr Insect Trust 346
Republicans challenge Obama's executive actions... 3 hr xxxrayted 195
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 3 hr RayOne 120
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 5 hr Obama is the POS 28

Illegal Immigration People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE