Obama bypasses Congress on DREAM Act, stops deporting young illegals

Jun 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Daily Caller

The Obama administration will stop deporting and begin granting work permits to younger illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children and have since led law-abiding lives.

Comments
881 - 900 of 3,414 Comments Last updated Jul 20, 2013

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#948
Jun 17, 2012
 
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>As America's first black president, Barack Obama electrified an entire nation. But now that the nation is in crisis, he seems unable to connect with the people
He electrified the nation alright! In the electric chair.

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#950
Jun 17, 2012
 
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet is right. Since it would be the politically correct thing to do, I'm sure it's on the horizon.
The sad part is there are government contractors who would be all for it as well...so they could save a few bucks.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#951
Jun 17, 2012
 
THANK YOU Neil Munro for doing your job, respecting Truth & Freedom and asking the tough questions -

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/15/video-neil-...

I guess the "Christian" Barry Soetoro, a.k.a., Barack Hussein Obama or by any other
alias he may have, never read the following:

"The cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

http://bible.cc/revelation/21-8.htm

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#952
Jun 17, 2012
 
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
now how about a non partisan one without an agenda. Or if you think this website is non-partisan, you are seriously lacking in judgement,

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#954
Jun 17, 2012
 
Out With Obama wrote:
Why does not some reporter confront the dictator and ask him why he said he couldn't do this and then turned right around and did what he said he couldn't do?
Because the main stream media is leftist just like Obama, and he will not grant interviews to FOX NEWS.
Even if he did, the leftists claim FOX NEWS is for entertainment only.
bob

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#956
Jun 17, 2012
 
Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analogy between public & private property is an utter fail but one thing is for sure, millions of illegal alien children have received immunity.
Oh sorry i forgot the United States border is pubic property it belongs to the illegals right?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958
Jun 17, 2012
 
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>If the federal government was doing it's job in the first place we wouldn't have to worry about it or spend millions of dollars trying to plug a mile wide hole with a piece of scotch tape.
Obama is doing nothing more than making selected decisions based soley on his re-election, pandering to illegal aliens such as he did the gays, whoring himself to anyone.
I don't live in a bubble surrounded only by like minded people, i travel alot and have a lot of business contacts, some of which are liberal in thier thinking.
I called a liberal lady i do business with who runs a brokerage firm in Delaware yesterday about a load and while chatting with her, Obama came up and i asked her what she thought of his illegal alien somewhat amnesty move, she hit the roof!
She said i may not vote for Romney but i sure as hell am not voting for President Obama again.
I think whatever worry Republicans had about Obama winning re-election, Obama has blown himself out of the chance with this move.
He is desperate, like all liberals when they get scared they get kooky, in the last few weeks he has went full blown for gay marriage, now he has went crazy with pandering to illegal aliens.
I can't wait to see what else he is willing to do.
I suggest you check the facts...Under President Obama, not only has the number of illegal immigrants entering the country gone down to its lowest in decades, the illegal immigrant population has actually decreased. They are leaving the country and going home.

I don't know how you say he is pandering. He is just establishing priorities, just like they do in the military and in hospitals (triage)....Oops my bad, silly of me to think that a conservative actually served in the military.

anyway it goes like this, when you have multiple missions you establish which ones are the most vital and work your way down.

Now given we have, I believe about 11 million illegal immigrants of all types, you have to decide which ones you want to deport first. So between
criminals-Felons i.e. murderers, rapist, gang bangers etc
Criminals-misdemeanors
loafers/non workers
students working their way through college brought in as children and raised here in the U.S.
illegal immigrants who served in the military and fought

which would you concentrate on first????

please, I know this is a difficult choice for you, being that it involves actual logic, try not to strain you brain

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#959
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
The Governor was running against a man who he already bested. However, you seem to have forgotten that the recall elections of the Wisconsin Senate gave power back to the Democrats but I'm sure I'll hear crickets on that one.
Btw, I'm a Californian, I'm not expected to be a pro on Wisconsin issues but you on the other hand seem intent on presenting yourself as a political pundit which I find rather amusing becuase you're providing rhetoric that suggest that the win in Wisconsin will lead to the fail of Obama.
I'm still waiting for you to show me all this substance to support your claim. Telling me you have a hunch is simply that, a hunch and in politics... we don't go by a hunch.
Get back to me when you gain a grasp on politics.
I'' hear crickets from you when I remind you that the Wisconsin Senate is in recess until...November. As in election time.
Now, tell me again what a big deal that Democrat "victory" is.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the American public has wised up to the scam of public unions and was repulsed by the OWS nonsense. That's a fact, not a hunch.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#960
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>A 50 year old earning $80K should have purchased his first home at 20 and been done with a mortgage payment years ago. It's not societies fault that he was still a wage slave at 50. That was his own bad decision making.

If he is paying for his kids college, that's his own fault too. Instead of ignoring his child's early education he might have sat with them every night ensuring that they were prepared for a dog eat dog world. Then they would have scored so high on their SAT's that the colleges would first ensure they didn't cheat and after that his kids would have got a free ride scholarship and a good paying job between classes at the school of their choice.

Kramers Attorney wrote, "<quoted text>Should a 60 year old woman go get her CDL and load freight, genius?"

No. A sixty year old woman should turn her home into a boarding house for hot looking young girls and become a madam in her own brothel.

Is it societies fault that after sixty years of life she's still too stupid to come up with a way to take care of herself?
Who made you dictator or King to tell someone when they should pay off their home, and what they should do with THEIR money?
I'm think it's you that should be deported and forced to live elsewhere.
Maybe then you'd appreciate America and her rules, and her benefits.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#961
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
The Governor was running against a man who he already bested. However, you seem to have forgotten that the recall elections of the Wisconsin Senate gave power back to the Democrats but I'm sure I'll hear crickets on that one.
Btw, I'm a Californian, I'm not expected to be a pro on Wisconsin issues but you on the other hand seem intent on presenting yourself as a political pundit which I find rather amusing becuase you're providing rhetoric that suggest that the win in Wisconsin will lead to the fail of Obama.
I'm still waiting for you to show me all this substance to support your claim. Telling me you have a hunch is simply that, a hunch and in politics... we don't go by a hunch.
Get back to me when you gain a grasp on politics.
You may live in California, but you do have a computer with a search engine, don't you? Perhaps if you'd expand out from mediamatters and the democraticunderground, you'd make yourself look modestly credible.

Wisconsin's Senate doesn't meet again until March of 2013. There are 17 seats up in November. The recall that the loons screamed for merely reinforced the governor's position. The Senate could well return to the republicans. The most telling pattern in the election was the number of UNION households that went to Walker. A very telling percentage demonstrating public sector employees, feeding from the public trough are not so popular these days,

The school? Please.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#962
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Patriot wrote:
THANK YOU Neil Munro for doing your job, respecting Truth & Freedom and asking the tough questions -
http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/15/video-neil-...
I guess the "Christian" Barry Soetoro, a.k.a., Barack Hussein Obama or by any other
alias he may have, never read the following:
"The cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
http://bible.cc/revelation/21-8.htm
to the parents of Neil Munro, you failed miserably at teaching your child any manners. Had I spoke out and interrupted while someone of authority was giving a statement by bottom would have been sore. Had it been the President of the United States, I would be standing for a week.

there is a certain amount of decorum in a Press conference, especially one given by the President of the United States. Neil, you have insulted the office of the President of the United States and this country. Your complete lack of respect for the office of the President of the United States and this country shows you for what you are, an unamerican selfish bore who needs to be taken out back and have your butt tanned with a stick.

How any American can condone this action, no matter what political persuasion is beyond me.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#963
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>The Wisconsin Governor is walking on egg shells for the duration of his office.
Lol, why would he be walking on egg shells? The people have spoken AGAIN.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#964
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Kramers Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>I'' hear crickets from you when I remind you that the Wisconsin Senate is in recess until...November. As in election time.
Now, tell me again what a big deal that Democrat "victory" is.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the American public has wised up to the scam of public unions and was repulsed by the OWS nonsense. That's a fact, not a hunch.
now if they would only realize that corporate american is even a bigger scam and not acting in the best interest of the ameican public we'd all be fine.

In my opinion, we need to keep BOTH union and corporate money out of politics

“hillary's reset button”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#966
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
You've yet to prove that the Wisconsin recall fail is somehow a trend that will lead to Obama not being reelected. You're good on the spins & deflections but a fail on how to support your allegations.
I must say, you are good at politicking.
The next time President Obama hits the links, it will be his 100th round of golf since coming to the White House. Thatís quite a milestone in just 3 1/2 years. As it takes him about six hours to drive to the greens and complete 18 holes, Mr. Obama has spent the equivalent of four monthsí worth of work time golfing. Meanwhile, the U.S. economy has been stuck in a sand trap.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#968
Jun 17, 2012
 
Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ad hominem attack is a manifest proof that you have nothing of substance to rebuke the facts I presented.
Naaah. I listed the falsehoods you espoused in my initial response to the same post. The more I thought of it, the more I knew I needed to know which school to put on the NEGH (never ever gonna happen) list' I'll repeat those government sites though that list the benefits work permit holders can access, if you like. There's lots of them.

Those are the benefits that will cost the states' bundles of unreimbursed costs and the federal taxpayers in general. Medicaid, food stamps, unemployment benefits, SSDI, housing, welfare.

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#970
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA will retain the cream of the crop. Why does this anger you?
The executive order will apply to illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. before they were 16 and are younger than 30. They also must have no major criminal offenses, have been in the country for at least five continuous years, have graduated from a U.S. high school or have earned a GED, or served in the military.
Individuals who have been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, or three or more other misdemeanor offenses not occurring on the same date and not arising out of the same act, omission, or scheme of misconduct are not eligible to be considered for deferred action under the new process.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/15/ob...
15% real unemployment...a blatant pandering political motive behind this action...and...these people are ILLEGAL ALIENS.
Is that enough for you?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#971
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA will retain the cream of the crop. Why does this anger you?
The executive order will apply to illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. before they were 16 and are younger than 30. They also must have no major criminal offenses, have been in the country for at least five continuous years, have graduated from a U.S. high school or have earned a GED, or served in the military.
Individuals who have been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, or three or more other misdemeanor offenses not occurring on the same date and not arising out of the same act, omission, or scheme of misconduct are not eligible to be considered for deferred action under the new process.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/15/ob...
Cream of the crop?
My, you do have a sense of humor.
The cream of the crop are those who wait with degrees and bank accounts in hand, with no criminality of any sort, medical checks, and proof of financial autonomy. My neurosurgeon BIL was one such person, my spouse, was another. My spouse served in the military after waiting 8 years to get here.
None of which takes away from your fallacious assertion these million more on the unemployed roles will not be sucking up resources.
smith1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#973
Jun 17, 2012
 
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Who made you dictator or King to tell someone when they should pay off their home, and what they should do with THEIR money?
I'm think it's you that should be deported and forced to live elsewhere.
Maybe then you'd appreciate America and her rules, and her benefits.
I believe he hit the bottom. the bottom of the stupidity hole.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#974
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
to the parents of Neil Munro, you failed miserably at teaching your child any manners. Had I spoke out and interrupted while someone of authority was giving a statement by bottom would have been sore. Had it been the President of the United States, I would be standing for a week.
there is a certain amount of decorum in a Press conference, especially one given by the President of the United States. Neil, you have insulted the office of the President of the United States and this country. Your complete lack of respect for the office of the President of the United States and this country shows you for what you are, an unamerican selfish bore who needs to be taken out back and have your butt tanned with a stick.
How any American can condone this action, no matter what political persuasion is beyond me.
-----

Wouldn't it be nice IF We did have a legitimate President representing Our citizenry Constitutionally thus Lawfully and a Congress and Judiciary doing the same?

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#975
Jun 17, 2012
 
Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Plagiarism is frowned upon.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/...
So you expect the President to work 24 hrs a day? Chances are [if you have a job] that you only work 8 hrs a day becuase that's the accepted work rule of the USA yet you want Obama to work 24 hrs a day?
That's really funny.
When we play golf, we don't draw from the taxpayers for Secret Service protection, transportation costs and associated motorcade and/or flight costs.
I work with avid golfers some of whom who belong to private clubs. None of them play an average of 35 rounds a year.
read upon the laziness of this "president:"

"According to the White House, the President doesn't work all that much. During the month of May, which included 21 working days, President Obama claims he worked about 92 hours (91.95 to be exact). That's according to the White House schedule, posted on the whitehouse.gov Website. That equates to an exhausting 4.4 hours per day. Excluding his grueling G8 summit travels during the week of May 23 (when he was forced to endure eight hour work days!), Mr. Obama worked an average of 3.25 hours per day when at the White House in May.

Indeed, the President's schedule is so thin, the White House Communications team sees it necessary to include the Vice President's meetings, when he subs for the President* for padding. For example, on May 3rd and May 17th, Vice President Biden held working breakfast meetings at 7:45 am with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner in the President's stead.

On May 17th, the President started his day at a leisurly 10:30 am, when he received his Presidential Daily Briefing (PDB), almost three hours after his 20 year older Vice President began his day.

That same day, the president worked a full 4.0 hours, which included a 65 minute meeting (from 11:15 am to 12:20 pm) with His Majesty, the King of Jordan, a critical ally in the middle east. Sadly, the King did not rate a presidential luncheon, which Mr. Obama had with his overworked VP at 12:30.

It is interesting to note that the President did not meet at all with his OMB Director, Jacob Lew or his newly appointed Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, Gene Sperling; while the Vice President met with both men on May 3. The President had only one meeting in May with Treasury Secretary Geithner, on the 19th. That day, the president worked a full 3.5 hours.

May 3rd was also notable as it included Mr. Obama's only Cabinet meeting, which lasted a full 90 minutes, assuming there was a lunch break. In fairness, May 3rd was Mr. Obama's busiest day at the White House, where he worked seven hours, including a 3-hour awards dinner at the Ritz-Carlton in DC.

he next day, the President took it easy, working for only 2.5 hours. In fact, he had no scheduled activities between 11:30 and 3:00 pm, at which time he hosted a reception to celebrate Jewish-American Heritage Month, which does not count as actual work, since it is also political. At 4:30, he met with Prince Charles, but sadly the Prince of Wales did not rate a dinner either.

The president met with unnamed "Senior Advisers" seven times in May for a period we estimate at around one hour each (based on book-ended meeting start and end times).

One of the President's least busy days was May 5th, when his only actual work included laying a wreath at the 9-11 memorial and meeting with relatives of the fallen from that tragic event. That day, the president clocked 1.25 hours of work. Mr. Obama worked 1.5 hours on Friday, May 13th and for 2 hours on the following Monday, May 16."
http://gregcontreras.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Illegal Immigration Forum right now

Search the Illegal Immigration Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Border Surge Complicates GOP Pitch to Hispanics 9 min RINOs are Idiots 1
Gov. Fallin demands answers on illegal immigrat... 58 min foster 6
La Raza CEO: 'USA! USA!' Chants 'Made Me Angry' 1 hr RIP 79
Taxpayers foot the bill for undocumented immigr... 2 hr L Morales 45
So Many Unaccompanied Illegal Alien Minors Cros... 6 hr Curmudgeon 21
State-by-State Map: Where Migrant Children Are ... 6 hr Curmudgeon 4
More Opened Eyes to the I-word 6 hr the Light 1
•••
•••