Romney's immigration stance will hurt him

Jan 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: La Bloga

Guest essay by Alvaro Huerta Mitt Romney may well be on his way to the Republican nomination, but he'll have a hard time getting further than that because of his position on immigration.

Comments
41 - 54 of 54 Comments Last updated May 26, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
spud

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

If Romney changes his hard stance against ullegal immigration before election day, he will lose alot of middle class American votes. I'm one of them. I'm tired of the Republican party nominating illegal alien panderers like the Bushes and McCain. So if Romney thinks he has a better chance turning into a hard core neocon, he better think again. People are already getting tired of Boehner's refusal to deal with illegal immigration and spending. The Republicans will wear out their welcome real fast if they stay on their current path. The best thing about the Republican party these days is the utter failure of the Democratic party. The American people are tired of choosing the lesser of two evils.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Judged:

Romney is a Strong Borders Conservative, and e-Verify Conservative and a effective enforcement of law Conservative.

That's how he's different from Obama.
Sandy

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Romney is like Marco Rubio who AFTER being elected has AGAIN changed his platform on deportation.
In truth I prefer illegals running Miami-dade than the Cuban political cancer.

"FACTS AND FACES OF CORRUPTION IN MIAMI-DADE COUNTY"

"Unfortunately the corruption in Miami-Dade County has reached an outrageous and shameless level! No doubt, the majority of the people do know that corruption has gone rampant in Miami-Dade County, yet they do not have a clear picture of the gravity and the sources of the corruption."

http://www.floridapublicemployees.com/why-cor...

“Dont Play With Me”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Judged:

Romney is the poster child of wealth, power and priviledge in America, just like the rest of the Republican Party.
Rico

Venice, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Judged:

magadala wrote:
I am so sick and tired of hispanics thinking that if politicians don't cater to them, they will lose the election!!! Hispanics are something like 16% of the vote OR LESS! Let's turn this perception around to if the candidates agenda is pro illegal alien, they will lose.
The nerve of these outsiders who think they can control America because they show up and whine. Beware, they really mean this reconquista thing!!! To them, it means elect only hispanics who further the hispanic agenda of open borders (see CA and L.A.) in order to get welfare, free health care and education! They don't care about being citizens, just take advantage of what we have to offer. They are not very bright though, I hope they don't think we can continue to support them and sustain our country too! Aw, they don't care, like a Pacman, once they eat their way through America, they will go to Canada. Heads up Vancouver, BC!!!
Politicians cater to their constituents who can be any color, race or creed. You have politicians who cater to your ideologies just like you have politicians who cater to other ideologies.

So what's your point here other than to demonstrate a level of ignorance, bigotry and hate for a group of people who have become a force to reckon with?
Rico

Venice, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Judged:

Girl18 wrote:
Romney is the poster child of wealth, power and priviledge in America, just like the rest of the Republican Party.
Nothing wrong with being successful or born with a silver spoon rammed in your mouth but this guy Romney is completely out of touch with 99% of the USA.

If anyone wants to know how to screw up a campaign for President... look no further than Romney.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
Romney is like Marco Rubio who AFTER being elected has AGAIN changed his platform on deportation.
In truth I prefer illegals running Miami-dade than the Cuban political cancer.
"FACTS AND FACES OF CORRUPTION IN MIAMI-DADE COUNTY"
"Unfortunately the corruption in Miami-Dade County has reached an outrageous and shameless level! No doubt, the majority of the people do know that corruption has gone rampant in Miami-Dade County, yet they do not have a clear picture of the gravity and the sources of the corruption."
http://www.floridapublicemployees.com/why-cor...
I like it that Romney has consistently moved to the right.
rider

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

ODESSA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The purpose of the ODESSA was to establish and facilitate secret escape routes,... Wechsberg studied Simon Wiesenthal's memoirs on the ODESSA and verified .... CIA-Kennedy assassination link ˇ CIA-Osama bin Laden link ˇ Dulles' Plan ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ODESSA - 70k - Cached - Similar pages
CIA at 50: Still Hiding Its 'Original' Nazi Sin - Consortiumnews
Among those who took the bait was future CIA director, Allen Dulles, who became ... in the post-war world, much as the Nazi ODESSA scheme had envisioned.

http://www.consortiumnews.com/archive/story41... - 9k -

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

4-corners man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Judged:

Romney has a stance? Dont worry it will change when the wind blows..
Guvmint Cheez

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Judged:

There are many more things that will hurt Romney beside his baiting bigots and racists. He's a liberal to the left of Obama on most things EXCEPT his far right pre-capitalist concentration of wealth amongst a small elite stance. There he's a feudal lord. Romney lacks charisma, intelligence, conviction or any of the qualities that make a president outside of money. He's basically George W. Bush with better hair. I don't care for Obama and find him to be among our more inept presidents. He's the second coming of Jimmy Carter except that since there is no Ronald Reagan to face in the election, he actually has a pretty good chance at being elected to a second term. Romney is a mess and the discord rampant within the GOP is proof of Romney unfitness to bear the mantle.

Since: Oct 08

Beamsville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Judged:

Why should Romney care? This is like saying 'Romney should be nice to Al Qaeda because they won't "vote" for him'.
ASBITE

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Go ahead blame the mexican cubans what ever the same thing happen to japanese american in WW2 infact the real criminals are red blooded american and a few other who sent all of our factory to China , Mexico ,Tawain and Vietnam were 90 % of our shoes are made after a costly 10 year war and 48.00O DEAD young american = so forget the injure one and disable for life but hell the the corrupt American way = the richer gets richer the midles class is in the dump and the poor by as well go just like Adolf Hitler in the bunker

“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”

Since: Jan 11

Flush it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

So, White people wont do the jobs mexicans do. Ha dumb dumb who do you think did the jobs before these wetbacks took them away from us. That's right you got it Americans did them and would do them again.

Have you ever seen or been in a Mexican ghetto? A town that was a nice place B.M.( before mexicans ?) Have you ever been out if the hills and seen what the mexicans are doing to America?

Are you old enough to have seen what this country was and what it's turning into?

Don't forget every time there is a American that is a victim of a mexican that is a victim that didn't have to happen if the mexican was in mexico where they belong.

Closed The Borders Now

Deport them now, Deport them one and all and their little anchors

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Americans want illegal aliens deported.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••