Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
668,841 - 668,860 of 1,096,417 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
Hurricane to threaten GOP convention.
Why does god hate right wingers?
At least blaming stuff on some actual weather is LOGICAL lol.
Mr Owl II

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

4sitesartproductions wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax tough guy, if you are going to be a debater you better grow some thicker skin, cupcake. Don't take yourself so seriously (You will live longer) at the end the day I gotta have a little fun w/ this or else you blokes will eventually drive me insane!!! Cheers
May I remind you that you spell checked an owl on the internet...and you are telling me that about taking things seriously?

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Romney pushes on with discredited welfare attacks

Associated Press – 7 hours ago

MIDLAND, Texas (AP)— Mitt Romney claims he's got a winner with his criticism that President Barack Obama is giving welfare recipients a free ride. Never mind that aspects of his argument against the Democrat are factually inaccurate.
Those flaws aside, Romney's team is pressing on with the charge that the president ended a provision requiring welfare recipients to work. Romney aides insist the argument is helping them gain ground with middle-class voters anxious about the economy and independents who see Obama's welfare changes as an indication that he is a typical liberal, not a moderate. But the campaign offers little evidence to back up those assertions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/ns/msnbc_... ?

"I've been looking for a week-and-a-half to try to figure out the basis of this welfare reform ad," Scarborough said, concluding that that the attack is "just completely false, and I'm pretty stunned."

"Just completely false."
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Todd Akin’s ‘Legitimate Rape’ Timing Couldn’t Be Worse for Republicans
Just as voters are taking a serious look at Romney and Ryan—and the Republican convention is finalizing its anti-abortion platform—Todd Akin’s stunning ignorance has women rushing for the exits, says former Bush and McCain adviser Mark McKinnon.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08...
Consider that the charge from the SITTING VICE PRESIDENT that Republicans favor a return to slavery didn’t ignite the media’s sense of outrage nearly as much as the rape comments from an OBSCURE Missouri candidate.

LIBERAL LOYALTY demanded they help build that female firewall for Obama by reinforcing the “War on Women” trope, and so they acted.

WITHOUT DOUBLE STANDARDS, THE MEDIA WOULD HAVE NO STANDARDS. So the rapt and rumpled press corps looked like props in a campaign commercial — maybe they will be — as Obama spent most of his 20-minute oration in attack mode.

BECAUSE THE PRESS PUCCEES ARE SOFT ON O

http://www.nypost.com/f/print/news/national/p...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Racist? Hell, Nobraina, I'm not even sure Methmouth (or you) share the same species with me. GFY
Did you know that 'leosnana' is an anagram for 'analnose'.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

What has Obama done?
Obama supporters would tend to say that they are:
-Iraq
-Bin Laden
-Obamacare
-Bailout of GM
-Food stamps with no need to work
-Illegals and aliens handling
-Welcoming visa holders by giving residency
-Olympic medals by outsourcing Olympic uniforms
-Foreign policy expertise
-On AFGHANISTAN, LIBYA, NORTH KOREA,RUSSIA,CHINA
-Printing vast amounts of money
-Stock market
-Women's rights and liberation
-Education
-Economic flourishing from Bush era of bad economy
-Tax returns versus birth certificates
-Give press reports and freedom of expressions
-Religious rights
-Christians different from Mormons, same as Muslims
-Gay marriage
-Encourage abortion
-A list of something else, but cannot name them
----------<>>>> >>>>>>
BUT OBAMA HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING REAL AND REAL RESULTS BUT DONE DAMAGES IN MANY AREAS.

-Iraq: If Bush were to stay another term, he would say that the troops would withdraw finally by saying, "Now the mission to Iraq is ended", as Obama doing the same thing by claiming he did further than Bush by saying,"Mission accomplished".
It is all the same as Bush, but Obama's way of saying seems to be odd than if Bush would say it himself. It is still an ugly business for Obama doing Bush about Iraq because Bush was not in the third term to announce it.
-Bin Laden: Obama says he is brave to kill ghosts without having to show proof of pictures and people need not get to know if it is not true--just as the same thing for getting bin Laden.
-Obamacare: His health care way is ripping off public money for making it a too expensive system.
-Bailout of GM: His bailouts are beyond GM by ripping off public money for making too expensive bailouts.
-Food stamps with no need to work: He does not care whether you have jobs as long as you have food stamps.
-Illegals and aliens handling: They are all the same as born-in-USA people.
-Welcoming visa holders by giving residency: It is to increase loading into education and health care systems to displace citizens, in order to expand population.
-Olympic medals by outsourcing Olympic uniforms: Getting uniforms made from outside is to face outside countries in competition and so that is the way medals can be won.
-Foreign policy expertise: Obama still touts the same Iran, etc., as the same way as the Bush way.
-On AFGHANISTAN,LIBYA, NORTH KOREA,RUSSIA,CHINA: Go further the same way that Bush had done
-Printing vast amounts of money: While people do not have jobs, more money would be printed so that people can look at them, but cannot earn them.
-Stock market: The current prices of commodities are good, so that stock market is a result of his doing
-Women's rights and liberation: Single mothers should feel liberated to associate with anyone as more importance than getting jobs.
-Education: US position in high school tests is to mean it is a matter of saying it is good education by saying it , but not showing results as it ranks low among world.
-Economic flourishing from Bush era of bad economy:
Everything of economy during Bush times were bad and Obama has made people better off economically.
-Tax returns versus birth certificates : Many years of tax returns that one has to show versus Obama's birth certificate as People question it.
-Give press reports and freedom of expressions :
Obama's answers to press are often sketchy because they are freedom expressions of people asking that he cannot give answers
-Religious rights: People have rights to believe AL QAEDA are religious people because they are of Islam religion faith.
-Christians different from Mormons,same as Muslims:
Mormons are not much as a religion because some of them are polygamists, but not the Muslims and Christians.
-Gay marriage: People should be married as gays more and more.
-Encourage abortion: Women have not done abortion before should try it.
-A list of something else, but cannot name them

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who=""cockbreath] <quoted text>Don't know about your kinfolk's vocabulary, but I said, "F*ck you, Methmouth."[/QUOTE]
Is that the kind of example we can expect from your kid?
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

AT HIS FIRST PRESS CONFERENCE IN MONTHS, OBAMA also peevishly denied that his campaign had taken the low road or that it had accused Mitt Romney of committing a felony, even though his top spokeswoman did exactly that.

Liar, liar — if only his pants had caught on fire. Imagine the New York Times headline:“Obama Performs Stunning Magic Trick.”

OK, life’s not fair, especially in the newsrooms that comprise the smug echo chamber.

If they didn’t know better before, Romney and Paul Ryan surely realize now they will not get a fair shot.

They’ll have to make their own luck in a world where the WHITE HOUSE/MEDIA COMPLEX can HIJACK A DEBATE ON THE FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY to obsess over the brain-dead ramblings of a single man, as long as that man is not Joe Biden.

The lesson is certain: The GOP ticket will be hoisted not only by their own words, but also by any association that can be created to aid their demise. It’s not personal, it’s business, and that’s the life the press corps has chosen.
For the rest of us, this is the president we’ve chosen, at least for now.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/press_p...
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Mitt: I was raped!! Get that rapist baby out of me!

Sorry sir, you have to have that rapist baby......by God, dipppppshtttt!! You are the one who changed the law!

Can Ann still get pregnant? Or one of the five Sissy sons?

Mitt would cut out his own azzzzz if he had too!

Ladies! Wake up!

These republican lying scumbags will take away your rights.

VOTE! ALL DEMOCRAT TICKET IN YOUR STATE!

YOUR BODY DEPENDS ON IT!!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

While clinging to his guns and religion Paul Ryan invoked Joe the Plumber......

“You know, every now and then President Obama sort of drops his veil,” Ryan said.“He’s less coy about his philosophy. He sort of reveals his true governing policy, what he really believes. Remember back in 2008, remember the guy Joe the Plumber? Remember when he said, you know,‘We wanna spread the wealth around’? It’s this belief that the economy is some fixed pie, that there’s only just so much money in America, it’s fixed, and that the job of the government is to redistribute the slices of the pie. That’s not true.”

Yes. I remember Joe the Not-Really-A-Plumber.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/21...

I remember he said we should build a fence and start shooting Mexicans.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/...

I remember when he claimed gun control laws caused the holocaust.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/06/...
leosanus

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Racist? Hell, Nobraina, I'm not even sure Methmouth (or you) share the same species with me. GFY
Reported for abuse! LOL
Tournefort

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this Paul Ryan's "I can see Russia from my house" moment.
Really??
Taking wasteful government paid junkets to the Middle East is foreign policy???. Was he one of those drunk skinny dippers?
Why are you quoting Tina Fey?
Mr Owl II

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
learn why people believe/think/behave the way they do...
Most Americans are uneducated barbarians and hypocrites. I love this country but it is the truth. Much of it stems from a lack of education with help from jokes like your boy Bush. These same people vote with their religion instead of their heads that's why they vote for A$$holes who base policy after archaic religious beliefs. So those same right wing politicians end up screwing up their states and their state's education systems . But as long they promise to make abortion illegal and keep gay people from marrying then you guys all fall into line. A prime example of your parties ideals is Sarah Palin who was so uneducated she called Africa a country. I gotta stop and get some sleep for the first time since i came back I am actually starting to get angry. But at least you got chapter 1. cheers
Wow!
You narrowed down an entire cultures problems to Republicans?

Did I say I like (d) former President Bush?

That is a stereotype...

What educational system or discipline teaches us to use a stereotype to explain behaviour or beliefs?
Grey Ghost

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
another crude racist pig....
Just look what chimes in and uses crude,racism and most of all "PIG".The original mud dwelling oinker....And lowlife draft dodger.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

truth wrote:
Mitt: I was raped!! Get that rapist baby out of me!
Sorry sir, you have to have that rapist baby......by God, dipppppshtttt!! You are the one who changed the law!
Can Ann still get pregnant? Or one of the five Sissy sons?
Mitt would cut out his own azzzzz if he had too!
Ladies! Wake up!
These republican lying scumbags will take away your rights.
VOTE! ALL DEMOCRAT TICKET IN YOUR STATE!
YOUR BODY DEPENDS ON IT!!
YOU KNOW IT!!!

Would cut his own azzzzz out!
Mr Owl II

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"Washington Times"? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A! My personal religion tells me to ask my God to forgive them, for I cannot.
You are spiritual? You are an Atheist...

Romney asks a God

You ask Obama...

All that education wasted on you...
Mr Owl II

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

When did
Ethics ever matter...

"Weiner: I'm Not Quitting"

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Weiner__...
Mr Owl II

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
yea, opinions are great-they are like a$$holes, everyone has one and most of them stink. jokes aside the leaders we choose say alot about who we are as a country- Bush, Palin, Cain, Santorum, Gengritch, Rove.....sais alot about you guys and what your ideals are, oh and I forgot Bachman!!!!
Who picked this guy....

"Weiner: I'm Not Quitting"

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Weiner__...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
And that would explain the pig comment. Stupid fake teacher.
fred

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
While clinging to his guns and religion Paul Ryan invoked Joe the Plumber......
“You know, every now and then President Obama sort of drops his veil,” Ryan said.“He’s less coy about his philosophy. He sort of reveals his true governing policy, what he really believes. Remember back in 2008, remember the guy Joe the Plumber? Remember when he said, you know,‘We wanna spread the wealth around’? It’s this belief that the economy is some fixed pie, that there’s only just so much money in America, it’s fixed, and that the job of the government is to redistribute the slices of the pie. That’s not true.”
Yes. I remember Joe the Not-Really-A-Plumber.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/21...
I remember he said we should build a fence and start shooting Mexicans.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/...
I remember when he claimed gun control laws caused the holocaust.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/06/...
The commie Kenyan's electric rates are going to skyrocket. This won't poll well.

WELL, IT CAN’T HELP: EPA “War on Coal” May Prove Administration Swing State Loser. There’s a reason why all those miners showed up to meet Romney.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••