Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate

Jul 22, 2012 Full story: Roll Call 5,107

Sen. Dianne Feinstein called for increased gun control in the wake of last week's Colorado shooting, saying it may have helped prevent the tragic incident.

Full Story
Patriot

Clarksville, TN

#1684 Aug 13, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. Many of the modern firearms without external safeties have internal "drop safeties". Firearm technology has come a long way since the 1911.
My series 80 Colt had the "inertia safety" to cover the issue if the pistol were to be dropped to avoid a AD. The part went bad and I could not find the replacement parts, so I converted the series 80 safety to 70 series specs.I have limited experience with the more modern handguns. I own a DA russian Makarov but it has external safety.I have shot a Glock some, to me the polymer frame and steel slide just feels top heavy and not well balanced, but other folks swear by them. I was trained on the 1911 and it works well for me. I have looked at the new Springfield XD series, the main reason I did not buy one is that I was trained on the 1911 and have all the supporting gear(mags, holster,etc to accommodate it and also it is pretty simple and up to a point I can work on it if need arises. The only problem I have had in 30+ years with the 1911 was a broken extractor,and it was on a WW2 vintage piece.
Patriot

Clarksville, TN

#1685 Aug 13, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The death rate per 100,000 for motor vehicles is 11.2; for firearms, it's 10.2.
Yes: I call that close.
PS: this was for 2009; motor fatalities have gone down; firearms... up.
It's closer today.
according to FBI stats violent crimes has decreased over the past few years.
Patriot

Clarksville, TN

#1686 Aug 13, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>I am not fan of Romney.
He will get my vote because I am voting against Obama.
I think they are both losers and it is a sad situation.
I think it is like choosing between Curly and Shemp. But like you, I am not voting for Mitt per se(I will be holding my nose though) but against B.O. I think both are wimpy. But Mitt less so.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#1687 Aug 13, 2012
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>My series 80 Colt had the "inertia safety" to cover the issue if the pistol were to be dropped to avoid a AD. The part went bad and I could not find the replacement parts, so I converted the series 80 safety to 70 series specs.I have limited experience with the more modern handguns. I own a DA russian Makarov but it has external safety.I have shot a Glock some, to me the polymer frame and steel slide just feels top heavy and not well balanced, but other folks swear by them. I was trained on the 1911 and it works well for me. I have looked at the new Springfield XD series, the main reason I did not buy one is that I was trained on the 1911 and have all the supporting gear(mags, holster,etc to accommodate it and also it is pretty simple and up to a point I can work on it if need arises. The only problem I have had in 30+ years with the 1911 was a broken extractor,and it was on a WW2 vintage piece.
A double action only (DAO) autoloader does not need a safety.

It functions the same as a revolver except , of course , ammo is stacked and reloading much quicker if you have extra preloaded mags.

You can safely Carry one in the chamber in holster.

Don't Tread On Me

#1688 Aug 13, 2012
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I think it is like choosing between Curly and Shemp. But like you, I am not voting for Mitt per se(I will be holding my nose though) but against B.O. I think both are wimpy. But Mitt less so.
I don't believe in god but when I see the choices we have for our president I can understand one wanting a higher power overseeing things.

Romney in spite of his own feelings is no Republican at all , a true RINO and if Obama has four more years knowing it's now or never for him we are in deeper sh!t then today.

A very good friend of mine tells me "you can't worry about it , all you can do is vote".

I am still very worried about our direction under ether mans leadership.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1690 Aug 13, 2012
Rick Perry of Texas is going against the NRA and saying yeah to gun control laws.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha

Republiscums are pathological liars. They even lie when the truth will do.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#1691 Aug 14, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
180,000,000 workers in the world. The guy at the top "earns" 99% of the income and pays 2% of the taxes and you think it is great.
But then you are a Republican.
Wrong and wrong. The effective tax rate was greater than 2% and Iím not a Republican. Where did I say it was great?

What was your effective tax rate? How much did you pay? Are you one of the bottom 50% that pays no federal income tax?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#1692 Aug 14, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a hypothetical situation to prove a point.
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
180,000,000 workers in the world. The guy at the top "earns" 99% of the income and pays 2% of the taxes and you think it is great.
But then you are a Republican.
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You do know you are lying don't you......shame on you liberal.
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a hypothetical situation to prove a point.
Do you know the meaning of the word hypothetical? Clearly not.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#1693 Aug 14, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lips were moving, weren't they?
Obama has submitted a budget to the House of Representatives every year.
The Republicans have refused to pass a budget every year. It is the Republicans in the Senate holding up the budget. Just the other day Reid called for a vote on the 2010 budget and McConnell said he needed some more time to talk about it.
Did he submit a responsible budget? At 99-0 defeat in the senate and 414-0 defeat in the congress I doubt it. Little details elude you.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-po...

Wesley Chapel, FL

#1694 Aug 14, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The death rate per 100,000 for motor vehicles is 11.2; for firearms, it's 10.2.
Yes: I call that close.
PS: this was for 2009; motor fatalities have gone down; firearms... up.
It's closer today.
Itís per 100,000 miles travelled, not per 100,000 motor vehicles. Get information about motor vehicle crash and fatality statistics here http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx

Itís nice you say one is down and the other is up. Do you have hard numbers? Are you able to understand the data?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#1695 Aug 14, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>I am not fan of Romney.
He will get my vote because I am voting against Obama.
I think they are both losers and it is a sad situation.
More or less the same here. But, Romney has substantial business experience and we desperately need to get our finances under control. Hard choices will need to be made to prevent a financial collapse in our lifetimes. Those choices will make a lot of people angry.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#1696 Aug 14, 2012
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>according to FBI stats violent crimes has decreased over the past few years.
Correct

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...

One of those liberals needs to explain why violent crime is on the rise in several liberal run cities like Chicago. They'll of course blame the guns but then Chicago has strict gun control laws.

Don't Tread On Me

#1697 Aug 14, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
More or less the same here. But, Romney has substantial business experience and we desperately need to get our finances under control. Hard choices will need to be made to prevent a financial collapse in our lifetimes. Those choices will make a lot of people angry.
It will take a lot of guts.

Some people have given Obama credit for the killing of OBL.

He was one man .

Harry Truman made the call to drop two atomic weapons knowing it would be the first time ever and change the face of the world.

Truman had a sign on his desk at the White House , it read ;
"The buck stops here".

We need this mentality in our Presidential leadership.

Only Ron Paul reminds me of this type of thinking .

I don't believe Obama or Romney have the guts to change the tax code to favor business that employs American workers over plants in other countries .

The fact that cars and trucks are being built in Mexico a stones throw away from the border is only part of the problem but it is very symbolic of what we face.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1698 Aug 14, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie every time you open your mouth, Dumbo.
FLASH: Obama was ask to do a speech with out his training wheels.......teleprompter, and act like the big boys who can make six minute speeches without a teleprompter.
OregonSUX

Portland, OR

#1699 Aug 14, 2012
Democraps are such fucktards.
They need to come together and take every one of your guns!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

#1700 Aug 14, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong and wrong. The effective tax rate was greater than 2% and Iím not a Republican. Where did I say it was great?
What was your effective tax rate? How much did you pay? Are you one of the bottom 50% that pays no federal income tax?
You missed my point entirely. But you are a Republican.

When you discuss share of taxes today you always leave out SS and Medicare taxes, why?

You want to make it seem like the guy at the top is paying more than his share, but he is not.

Tell you what, we know from the gitgo there are people who are not able to pay their share.(quadrepeligics, mental vegatables, etc...) Regardless of how you feel about them, who should pay their share? The guy in the middle that is barely making it as is, or the guy at the top?

Chester, VA

#1701 Aug 14, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am one of the upper 10%. Are you one of the bottom leaches?

Chester, VA

#1702 Aug 14, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Do you know the meaning of the word hypothetical? Clearly not.
Are you addressing Jimbo or me? Because I know what a hypothetical was and I supplied one.

hy∑po∑thet∑i∑cal[ h&#63494;p&#601; thťttik'l ]ADJECTIVE
1. involving ideas or possibilities: existing as or involving something that exists as an unproven idea, theory, or possibility
"the hypothetical existence of a Loch Ness monster"
2. assumed for sake of argument: assumed or proposed for further investigation
"The question is purely hypothetical."

http://www.bing.com/Dictionary/search...

Do you understand what it is?

Chester, VA

#1703 Aug 14, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he submit a responsible budget? At 99-0 defeat in the senate and 414-0 defeat in the congress I doubt it. Little details elude you.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-po...
Have you looked at his budget? Yes he did submit a responsible budget. The House voted on it for political purposes, and they voted for their own budget.

Reid knew neither would get through the Senate and brought both up for a vote in the Senate.

It was reasonable and being reasonable it was not politically palatable immediately before an election because it contained tax increases.

Do you think combining tax increases with spending cuts is unreasonable? Or politically unpalatable at this time?

Chester, VA

#1704 Aug 14, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
One of those liberals needs to explain why violent crime is on the rise in several liberal run cities like Chicago. They'll of course blame the guns but then Chicago has strict gun control laws.
It was on the rise yesterday at Texas A&M. Have you called to ask them why?

The theater shooting took place in Colorado, did you call to ask them why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democrat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min harmonious 155,369
Secret Service director faces grilling over sec... 3 min Lawrence Wolf 27
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min houzton 1,115,062
SCOTUS could inject same-sex marriage into races 19 min Mykro 4
Goldman called clients 'muppets,' ex-executive ... (Mar '12) 23 min Swedenforever 63
Mike Ross in Jonesboro 24 min guest 4
Obama scores coalition victory with Arab strikes 25 min Swedenforever 161

Democrat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE