Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,659

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Read more

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#62381 Apr 21, 2012
jdohe wrote:
It's so fitting that atheists sound more capable of true rationale. This is reason enough to dismiss religious myths. Has anybody looked up the drug DMT that exists in trace amounts in humans?
It's what enables 'out of body' or 'near death' "visions" during trauma (during a car crash or surgery, for example).
Google "god helmet" for more information on this subject.

It appears that "god" is simply an artifact of our human brains-- and nothing more than that.

About as real as a dream.....

... only not nearly as believable.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#62382 Apr 21, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Google "god helmet" for more information on this subject.
It appears that "god" is simply an artifact of our human brains-- and nothing more than that.
About as real as a dream.....
... only not nearly as believable.
Yep, I posted something about this before.

It's interesting to know that god is all in our head and it can be synthesized using computers.:)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#62383 Apr 21, 2012
Krinkle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I posted something about this before.
It's interesting to know that god is all in our head and it can be synthesized using computers.:)
Yes indeed. That is interesting.

:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#62384 Apr 21, 2012
It is really sad what has happened to the other Atheist thread "In American, Atheists are still in hiding" it's being overrun by very angry people.

Let's make this thread a happy place, full of love for anyone who wishes to argue. Just say, "yes yes, that's fine. thank you." And then move on to something new and meaningful instead of being weighted down by negativity.

So, does anyone have any good ideas for Atheist meetings? Activities or fund raisers?

I have been thinking about starting meetings in my area on Sunday afternoons, for atheists to just meet and talk about different things and just have a good time. If people want they can take the initiative to start working towards donating to a charity or doing some sort of community work.

I don't know, it's just been running through my head.

Since: Oct 10

United States

#62385 Apr 22, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious observation. One wonders how the whole concept originated - in different places, at different times.
I think you missed my attempt to point out the obvious human fascination with hero reverence. For theists it's God, for 'Atheists'(you specifically) it's themselves; hence my "self-made", "creator" connection. Too abstract, I reckon.
There is no "hero reverence" in atheism. Atheism is simply the lack of beliefs in any gods. No hero reverence required. Why must you make things up as you go along?

The irony is that it is the believer who has the self-inflated ego. They create a god in their own image, one who amazingly always agrees with them and shares the exact same likes, hates, preconceptions and prejudices. And they elevate themselves above the non-theist fray by deluding themselves into childishly thinking they are worthy of some eternal reward over other people.

Please tell me you have something better than the diarrhea emanating forth from your fingertips on the keyboard.

Since: Oct 10

United States

#62386 Apr 22, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Narcissistic personalities are, without doubt, the most destructive. Can you see why that is?
Projection.

mdbuilder continues to lie about other posters. Apparently, you have no substantive argument.

Since: Oct 10

United States

#62387 Apr 22, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say ALL life is equally important, bugs, plants, and humanity, can't you extrapolate from that the relative unimportance you're placing on human life? If you'd pluck a dandelion from your driveway, by your logic, you'd just as casually kill a human being. You can't have it both ways.
"Super retarded" huh. Just how old are you, 21, 22?
I don't think he was making it a personal issue, but looking at it from the big picture.
Life as we know it on this planet, would still survive without humans. We are no more important to life on this planet than any other creature. Actually we are a danger to most life that exists on this planet.
I put some of the blame for that on these passages in the bible, Genesis 1:26-29
Agreed. I share the view that the poster was merely stepping back and viewing the relative importance of life objectively. The planet and the universe for that matter places no more importance on humans than anything else. It is only humans who think humans have the most value, for obvious reasons.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#62388 Apr 22, 2012
Happy Sunday Everyone!!! My stomach is full of Spaghetti and I'm ready to fly outside put this monstrous day of rest back to work.

I'm still waiting for great ideas for Atheist meetings, so if you are out there, just reading through, throw some ideas my way. Anything and everything will be accepted as possible.
Slavic Baptist

United States

#62389 Apr 22, 2012
Krinkle wrote:
It is really sad what has happened to the other Atheist thread "In American, Atheists are still in hiding" it's being overrun by very angry people.
Let's make this thread a happy place, full of love for anyone who wishes to argue. Just say, "yes yes, that's fine. thank you." And then move on to something new and meaningful instead of being weighted down by negativity.
So, does anyone have any good ideas for Atheist meetings? Activities or fund raisers?
I have been thinking about starting meetings in my area on Sunday afternoons, for atheists to just meet and talk about different things and just have a good time. If people want they can take the initiative to start working towards donating to a charity or doing some sort of community work.
I don't know, it's just been running through my head.
Atheists are doomed only to ruin society. One atheist, or a fake christian- Barak Husein Usama achieved his goal. Four more years, and we will be all deep in sewer tank. You guys tried already to do something "good", but somehow you end up with much worse situation all around you,than before.
Slavic Baptist

United States

#62390 Apr 22, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed. That is interesting.
:)
Hi Bob. How is it going. I see you the last standing original atheist here, still refusing God's love. Why, Bob, why. Where is the Doctor? Why you guys still can't answer John's questions?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#62391 Apr 22, 2012
Slavic Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists are doomed only to ruin society. One atheist, or a fake christian- Barak Husein Usama achieved his goal. Four more years, and we will be all deep in sewer tank. You guys tried already to do something "good", but somehow you end up with much worse situation all around you,than before.
I see your racial hate and bigotry is still as strong as ever.

Marking you as just another Genuine Christian™.

Never forget: you Genuine Christians™ are the MAJORITY.

Meaning? Any "septic tank" condition is ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT.

That's the way it is, bub.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#62392 Apr 22, 2012
Slavic Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bob. How is it going. I see you the last standing original atheist here, still refusing God's love. Why, Bob, why. Where is the Doctor? Why you guys still can't answer John's questions?
I am not refusing anything: I'm here.

Your god is the one who is MIA, bub.

As always.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#62393 Apr 22, 2012
Slavic Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists are doomed only to ruin society. One atheist, or a fake christian- Barak Husein Usama achieved his goal. Four more years, and we will be all deep in sewer tank. You guys tried already to do something "good", but somehow you end up with much worse situation all around you,than before.
Ignore!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#62394 Apr 22, 2012
IGNORE the troll, please.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#62395 Apr 22, 2012
Krinkle wrote:
IGNORE the troll, please.
:)

SB will wander off-- he always does (while ignoring any and all questions)
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#62396 Apr 22, 2012
Slavic Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bob. How is it going. I see you the last standing original atheist here, still refusing God's love. Why, Bob, why. Where is the Doctor? Why you guys still can't answer John's questions?
I have given john at least three positions that I would defend and have provided evidence for those positions, john simple has no evidence for the position he claims, or at least he avoided providing it. People who fall for johns BS, are in the same boat as john, they have no evidence either.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#62397 Apr 22, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
I have given john at least three positions that I would defend and have provided evidence for those positions, john simple has no evidence for the position he claims, or at least he avoided providing it. People who fall for johns BS, are in the same boat as john, they have no evidence either.
No, Joe!!! Don't feed the troll!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#62398 Apr 22, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
SB will wander off-- he always does (while ignoring any and all questions)
But why even bother asking them questions? Christians are just coming to these threads looking to start a religious fight.

I really don't even want to talk about religion, evolution, the big bang, string theories or quantum uncertainty.

Can't people just talk normal about everyday Atheist issues?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#62399 Apr 22, 2012
I heard a great quote today and I loved it. In the context of talking about the history of gods and the changing of religion, a gentleman stated that all people were skeptical about gods... "The difference between me and you, is that I believe in one less god than you do." and then he went on to look at the natural logical progression.

To paraphrase him - In the past polytheism, in it's many varieties, was the most abundant form of worship and then in the past 1500 years Monotheists have taken control. If we follow the logical process, the next step will be no gods.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#62400 Apr 22, 2012
Krinkle wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Joe!!! Don't feed the troll!!!
I just find it hard to let ridiculous statements go unanswered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Obama is a joke 1,205,318
News MarineHeldinMexico: 'Lopsided' deal for Bergdah... (Jun '14) 5 min barefoot2626 20
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min red and right 319,531
News Official resigns after insulting Obama, Holder,... 6 min ACTUALLY 58
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min what 175,371
News Latest on Ferguson: Civil rights leaders condem... 8 min WeTheSheeple 1,542
News Ted Cruz Announces White House Bid 10 min okimar 143
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 54 min Cujo 460
More from around the web