Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
25,841 - 25,860 of 65,656 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bushie"? Is that what you call him when you bend over?
News Flash For The VERY Slow:
Bush is not President anymore, bright-bulb. Why don't you ask Obama?
I guess you're saying there were no dead troops under bushie?

Wow.

Talk about a revisionist.
realitycheck

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that a well thought out point of view would offend you and yet Jackson Strap posts nothing except vulgar, violent, crude, threatening posts and you don't mind at all.
You need a reality check.
You are beyond help.
Maybe you should put your sock puppet away so it doesn't cause you so much distress. No doubt you or someone is attempting to disparage the conservative view with this moniker. I'm not interested in your games although I will point out the fact that you have some serious issues that need some attention.
Big Bad John Roberts

Chapin, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

T4YOU2 wrote:
<quoted text>with your racist attitude no wonder Lott has a problem with minorities in Richland Co
Yo' klan monkey, your senator is Jake Knotts and your monkey azz is calling me racist? Besides Metts is the symbol of racist justice in your racist town ya' stupid COONfederate yard monkey.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>You are in love with Crisco and Zimmerman and want them both.

Neither of them would touch your sorry ass. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

No one wants you, that's why you're so bitter and mean.
You are right, Zazz.

The Chicago fool who's stealing other's profile names is a man-lover but NO man wants him. Just like the women don't want him.

He's tired of carrying on a conversation with himself, now he's copying other's user names.

Poor boy, he's gone delirious as well as bitter.
Big Bad John Roberts

Chapin, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Lonewolf wrote:
<quoted text>It's just that bull dozier posting under another name,he's a mad little black boy with a chip on his shoulder,pay him no mind.trayvon got what every little wannabe thug deserves,true justice,carried out swiftly without taking up the court's time.
Yo' Lonemonkey, so good to see your stupid posts. Even though you don't have the nerve to post to me. Typical of a yard monkey racist like you.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
goldengirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

I'm on Zimmerman's side. The black punk should not have been on the streets acting/looking like a hoodlum!!!!

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

zazz wrote:
...Continued

Page 2 of 2

"If we had arrested him," Lee said that day, "we feel we would have violated his constitutional rights.… I'm not going to violate the trust and oath that I took and arrest somebody, violate their rights."

Said Serino, "The best evidence we have is the testimony of George Zimmerman.… We did not have enough for an arrest warrant."

Police and prosecutors use the same evidentiary standard — probable cause — whether they arrest someone at the scene of a crime, do it later using an arrest warrant or file a criminal charge directly without an arrest.

Lee, fired two weeks ago, would not discuss why he said one thing in public but had his agency quietly ask prosecutors to charge Zimmerman. A public-relations agency issued a short statement that it attributed to him:

"As I have stated consistently, at the time and based on the evidence and testimony we had, we did not have probable cause to make a physical arrest."

His agency recommended the manslaughter charge on paper, the statement said, because without it, prosecutors would not have taken over the investigation.

A week and a half later, the investigation was out of Wolfinger's hands as well. Gov. Rick Scott appointed Special Prosecutor Angela Corey, and on April 11, she charged Zimmerman with second-degree murder and had him arrested.

Department spokesman Sgt. David Morgenstern and Mayor Jeff Triplett both said they had no idea why Lee and Serino said one thing in public but filed paperwork saying the opposite.

At the time, Sanford police were being pummeled by critics who accused them of conducting an inept and biased investigation and covering up for a wannabe cop.

The most vocal at the time were local leaders of the Urban League and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown and scores of local black Sanford residents, some of whom accused the department of a long history of harassing blacks and ignoring black crime victims.

An estimated 400 people packed a Sanford church March 14 for a rally organized by a black televangelist from Baltimore.

Much of the evidence gathered by Sanford police, including paperwork, photos, witness statements and videos, has since been released and gives a fuller picture of how much work the agency did and how fully the agency investigated Trayvon's shooting.

Sanford police repeatedly canvassed the neighborhood looking for witnesses, handcuffed Zimmerman and took him to police headquarters, where they interrogated him that night before releasing him but kept his gun and clothes and took DNA samples.

They also re-interviewed him several times; had him undergo a voice-stress analysis, a lower-tech version of a lie-detector test; and aggressively challenged inconsistencies in his account.

It was the release by the special prosecutor on May 17 and June 26 of records documenting Sanford police work that revealed that when they handed off the case to prosecutors, police reported they had enough evidence to charge Zimmerman.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-0...
This is a very interesting article.

SPD has two mouths, a public one and a private one. Why they couldn't be up front and honest with the community is beyond me. I'm sure that's one of the reasons Mr. Lee no longer is in charge.

An agency of trust, such as law enforcement needs to be honest and upfront with the public. They demand it from the public, they should exhibit it as well.

Norm boy is the next domino to fall since he will not be running for re-election. He belongs in prison for the many crimes and immoral acts he has committed against individuals. I'm sure he will be in that special wing of hell as well.

Child killer Zimmerman is freed but he ain't free!
goldengirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Let's shoot 6 more and take a week off to celebrate!

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>"Bushie"? Is that what you call him when you bend over?

News Flash For The VERY Slow:

Bush is not President anymore, bright-bulb. Why don't you ask Obama?
Shrub II is responsible for his own actions, no matter how long he's out of office.

The orphaned, fatherless and motherless children in America and around the world do NOT blame President Obama for the actions of his predecessor.

NewsFlash for YOU:

Let Shrub II take responsibility for his own actions.

That is what the conservatives and right wing of America like to preach (not do), right?
TRUTH

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Blah, blah, blah... You men/women apparently have NO evidence to support your theory that Zimmerman is guilty. Somehow you have avoided my challenge for months. To some of you, yes, you have tried in vain to support your view. There is NO evidence that has been available regardless of what you fools say.

This story has undoubtedly been misconstrued by the media and those who are racist. That includes countless that post on this forum.

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

realitycheck wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should put your sock puppet away so it doesn't cause you so much distress. No doubt you or someone is attempting to disparage the conservative view with this moniker. I'm not interested in your games although I will point out the fact that you have some serious issues that need some attention.
HA!

She has no serious issues. Maybe you do.

The jackal with the serious issues you refuse to address as he has hijacked this thread with his racism, profanity, idiocy, nonsense, foolishness and using others' profile names.

You do not address him because he agrees with your point of view on this case.

Of course.

Thug Zimmerman is freed but he ain't free!
TRUTH

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Actually the only one reiterating any illogical point is you son.
You keep claiming to be "logical." And that's the extent of it!
Here's to the extent that your argument is based on physical evidence...there is no extent. You talk all kinds of smack yet don't provide one iota of supporting FACTS. It isn't a relevant fact to say that Zimmerman has admitted to shooting Martin. Again (just for you), it isn't that everyone who kills is a murderer. You just don't seem to get that. Everyone has a right to self-defense, and in this case, "Stand Your Ground" laws are irrelevant since Zimmerman, according to his undisputed story, was attacked on the ground just for walking back to his truck. There is no evidence to suggest that Zimmerman committed a crime during the night in question. He definitely did not commit murder--according to the available evidence.

Listen.

Quit making yourself sound slow. I know you have to be smarter than that. This case is bringing out the stupidity in many. So, don't feel too bad about it. It's a simple fix though. Quit being stupid and accept this case without considering race.

"Justice for Trayvon" is justice for Trayvon, but "Injustice for Zimmerman."

By the way, bails are set to discourage those awaiting trial from fleeing. Zimmerman had no intention of fleeing or he would have when he had the chance. It's not relevant as to the amount of money that Zimmerman has accrued. Zimmerman will continue to accrue money that will enable him to flee to another country for example. This whole bail thing is a way for the government to further harass this man.
TRUTH

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

By justice I mean: Martin got what he deserved (though unfortunate) by threatening the life of another man. His age is not important when considering whether what Zimmerman did was justified.

Don't get mad. You guys get so riled up. The TRUTH is the TRUTH.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

zazz wrote:
...Continued
Page 2 of 2
"If we had arrested him," Lee said that day, "we feel we would have violated his constitutional rights. I'm not going to violate the trust and oath that I took and arrest somebody, violate their rights."
Said Serino, "The best evidence we have is the testimony of George Zimmerman. We did not have enough for an arrest warrant."
Police and prosecutors use the same evidentiary standard probable cause whether they arrest someone at the scene of a crime, do it later using an arrest warrant or file a criminal charge directly without an arrest.
Lee, fired two weeks ago, would not discuss why he said one thing in public but had his agency quietly ask prosecutors to charge Zimmerman. A public-relations agency issued a short statement that it attributed to him:
"As I have stated consistently, at the time and based on the evidence and testimony we had, we did not have probable cause to make a physical arrest."
His agency recommended the manslaughter charge on paper, the statement said, because without it, prosecutors would not have taken over the investigation.
A week and a half later, the investigation was out of Wolfinger's hands as well. Gov. Rick Scott appointed Special Prosecutor Angela Corey, and on April 11, she charged Zimmerman with second-degree murder and had him arrested.
Department spokesman Sgt. David Morgenstern and Mayor Jeff Triplett both said they had no idea why Lee and Serino said one thing in public but filed paperwork saying the opposite.
At the time, Sanford police were being pummeled by critics who accused them of conducting an inept and biased investigation and covering up for a wannabe cop.
The most vocal at the time were local leaders of the Urban League and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown and scores of local black Sanford residents, some of whom accused the department of a long history of harassing blacks and ignoring black crime victims.
An estimated 400 people packed a Sanford church March 14 for a rally organized by a black televangelist from Baltimore.
Much of the evidence gathered by Sanford police, including paperwork, photos, witness statements and videos, has since been released and gives a fuller picture of how much work the agency did and how fully the agency investigated Trayvon's shooting.
Sanford police repeatedly canvassed the neighborhood looking for witnesses, handcuffed Zimmerman and took him to police headquarters, where they interrogated him that night before releasing him but kept his gun and clothes and took DNA samples.
They also re-interviewed him several times; had him undergo a voice-stress analysis, a lower-tech version of a lie-detector test; and aggressively challenged inconsistencies in his account.
It was the release by the special prosecutor on May 17 and June 26 of records documenting Sanford police work that revealed that when they handed off the case to prosecutors, police reported they had enough evidence to charge Zimmerman.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-0...
"everything I've seen says -- there was NEVER any probable cause to arrest him -- lest prosecute him. Sanford Police stand by their original decision -- because they were right! I predict -- the case will be dismissed at a proper motion at some time in the future -- and if not -- that decision will be reversed on appeal."

Jon H Gutmacher,Esq., Criminal Defense Lawyer and author of
Florida Firearms Law, Use and Ownership ,Seventh Edition
This is the definitive book on Florida firearms regulations and case law and is used by seven Florida police academies, over eighty law enforcemrnt agencies and every Florida Appellate court including the Florida Supreme Court.
TRUTH

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Zimmerman should have never been arrested. The system worked initially by not charging the man. There was no probably cause. That's why the State Attorney Office (fulfilling their duties) instructed police to let him go for this very reason.

This whole case is sickening. Injustice for Zimmerman and a complete failure of law enforcement by failing to enforce the law with the New Black Panther Party. Shame on the US Dept of Justice whose job it is to investigate hate crimes. There definitely is probable cause to investigate the NBPP. Anyone who disagrees is simply another racist that is using the history of African American oppression for their own sick agenda.
Justice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

OMG! Wah wah wah, poor child killer. Are you his mommy? Either way, it's time to take that tit out of his mouth now. He's a grown man, legally.
Zimmerman supporters blame everyone-the victim, the victim's family, Sharpton, Jackson, Holder, Obama, the SAO, defense lawyers, and now the judge, but never think he should be held accountable for sh*t-storm he created by playing cop. Zimmerman is in this situation because of his own actions. Everyone's not out to 'get him'.
Zimmerman's story is only undisputed because the one person that could dispute it was MURDERED! That's nothing new though. Thug criminals have been doing it that way forever, leave no witnesses.
TRUTH

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

*probable
TRUTH

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Justice wrote:
OMG! Wah wah wah, poor child killer. Are you his mommy? Either way, it's time to take that tit out of his mouth now. He's a grown man, legally.
Zimmerman supporters blame everyone-the victim, the victim's family, Sharpton, Jackson, Holder, Obama, the SAO, defense lawyers, and now the judge, but never think he should be held accountable for sh*t-storm he created by playing cop. Zimmerman is in this situation because of his own actions. Everyone's not out to 'get him'.
Zimmerman's story is only undisputed because the one person that could dispute it was MURDERED! That's nothing new though. Thug criminals have been doing it that way forever, leave no witnesses.
Finally, someone admits that there is no evidence to support Zimmerman's guilt and that people like this believe he is still guilty. What are you basing your views on then? I could speculate, but I don't want to stoop to your level.
TRUTH

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

You can't convict someone based on speculation. That's just for those of you who don't get that. You seem to comprise a large group of the population. It's all quite pathetic really. Try thinking for yourselves and quit sounding like the speculative ignoramuses that you apparently are.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you're saying there were no dead troops under bushie?
Wow.
Talk about a revisionist.
You would be guessing WRONG...but you are liberal, so we expect that.

You are being ASSumptive...but you are liberal, so we expect that.

You project your "revisionist" issues on others...but you are liberal, so we expect that as well.

There are dead soldiers under EVERY President of the US.

But you are SO obsessed with your buddie "Bushie".

Does he like hearing you say that as you bend over for him?

Do you really need to share your pathetic lifestyle with us?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••