Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
RU Kidding

United States

#19744 Jul 18, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
repubs & business steal & shovel record levels of trillions of dollars into the fewest american pockets & carefully hope to give starving americans the fewest food stamps possible.
Stealing and greed is you always mooching a free lunch, off the labor of someone else.....go earn it.
RU Kidding

Saint Paul, MN

#19745 Jul 18, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are wrong. Gasoline prices spiked higher during the Bush Administration. But if you mean natural gas, it is much lower now than it was. As I said, unemployment went up before President Obama took office.
Gas has doubled since the Obama presidency, unemployment went from 7.6% to averaging over 9% since Obama took over. Plus Obama has seven million more Americans unemployed since his regime started.

Unemployed is a common theme in Obamanomics
Seattle Slew

Seattle, WA

#19746 Jul 18, 2012
RU Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Stealing and greed is you always mooching a free lunch, off the labor of someone else.....go earn it.
So, you agree mis-management has gotten outta control, with their pay ! You believe a union job/pay/benefits are the important things !!!
Seattle Slew

Seattle, WA

#19747 Jul 18, 2012
RU Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Gas has doubled since the Obama presidency, unemployment went from 7.6% to averaging over 9% since Obama took over. Plus Obama has seven million more Americans unemployed since his regime started.
If I see you a car, then you find out their is a payment book outstanding, THAT'S ALL YOU, right wing nut ??? LMAOROTFu~!
litesong

Everett, WA

#19748 Jul 18, 2012
Trolls wrote:
BUSH! DEPRESSION! BAILOUT! NOT HIS FAULT! Sorry, thought I'd beat the Obamabots to a response.
Yeah, the truth is easy to see, even for a repub until they think of a way to weasel out of their responsibility.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

#19749 Jul 18, 2012
greed_is_bad wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you. Hey, we have green jobs creeping in.This is a new age, of course OUTSOURCING is a BIG problem. President Obama did not invent this. What do people expect, 30 years of outsourcing, now we come to a head. This may have worked in the past, but now we need a new way of distributing money.
There is alot of work to do to restore the economy, President Obama is on the right track. You can't build Rome in a day.
We need to put our differences aside, and come to solutions. All parties must work together.
We need to create jobs here in the states. Cut back on outsourcing.
This is my opinion.
According to RCP, the country is on the wrong track. That opinion started in June 2009 and has grown.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other...
Seattle Slew

Seattle, WA

#19750 Jul 18, 2012
RU Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
The hypocrisy of the Conservatives never fails to amaze me and the hypocrisy of blaming President Obama for rising gas prices is no exception!

Gas price under bush went to $4.21 a gallon and was over $3.00 a gallon most of his last term in office.

If you're paying $6-$8.42 for gas, YOU have a problem, putz ~!
RU Kidding

United States

#19751 Jul 18, 2012
Not only that but the greatest outsourcing of jobs is green jobs.

Windmills, flourescent bulbs, solar made in China.

Where as incadescents made in good ole USA
RU Kidding

United States

#19752 Jul 18, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
<quoted text>The hypocrisy of the Conservatives never fails to amaze me and the hypocrisy of blaming President Obama for rising gas prices is no exception!
Gas price under bush went to $4.21 a gallon and was over $3.00 a gallon most of his last term in office.
Gas prices have doubled since the Obama regime , deal with it.

No wonder we can't afford pensions.
Seattle Slew

Seattle, WA

#19753 Jul 18, 2012
What about the prices of gas, time for new lies, huh ??? LMAOROTFu~! Gonna tie Obama to fluorescent ???

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#19754 Jul 18, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
<quoted text>The hypocrisy of the Conservatives never fails to amaze me and the hypocrisy of blaming President Obama for rising gas prices is no exception!
Facts have no meaning for fanatics.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

#19755 Jul 18, 2012
Trolls wrote:
<quoted text>but but but, BUSH! DEPRESSION! BAILOUT! NOT HIS FAULT! Sorry, thought I'd beat the Obamabots to a response.
And now the response to the Obamabots' response...

--If you go back and examine the record, you’ll find that Obama was fully aware of the depth and severity of the recession. As a candidate, for example, he said we were facing “the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.” As president-elect, Obama said we faced “a crisis unlike any we have seen in our lifetime.”

Prior to being sworn in, Obama knew—in fact, he went out of his way to warn us—that we were shedding more than half a million jobs per month, the worst job loss in over three decades. That in 2008 we had lost more jobs than in any year since the Great Depression. That manufacturing had hit a 28-year low. That the stock market had fallen almost 40 percent in less than a year. That credit markets were nearly frozen. That businesses large and small couldn’t borrow the money they needed to meet payroll and create jobs. That home foreclosures were mounting. That credit card and auto loan delinquencies were rising. That the economy was “in a global crisis.” And that he was inheriting an “enormous budget deficit—you know, some estimates over a trillion dollars. That’s before we do anything.”

In other words, Barack Obama knew full well how bad things were when he promised he’d cut the deficit in half, when his economic team said that if his stimulus package passed, unemployment would not rise above 8 percent, and much of the rest.

What this means, then, is that Barack Obama’s only excuse for his failures is a myth and a mirage—a manufactured, after-the-fact effort to escape accountability for his own words, his own commitments, and his own failings.

The “We Couldn’t Possibly Have Known How Bad It Was” narrative is an understandable one for Obama to resort to. But like so much of what the president says these days, it’s simply make-believe. The president has run out of excuses, which explains why for many Americans he’s just about run out of time.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/promis...

We should be thanked for saving bandwidth. ;)
Questioner

Llano, TX

#19756 Jul 18, 2012
Livin Woodbury wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the college material mis-information; the planet has cooled during that time frame.
Get the raw data here ... do you own analysis:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/ghcnm/
Seattle Slew

Seattle, WA

#19757 Jul 18, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
--If you go back and examine the record, you’ll find that Obama was fully aware of the depth and severity of the recession. As a candidate, for example, he said we were facing “the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.” As president-elect, Obama said we faced “a crisis unlike any we have seen in our lifetime.”
Prior to being sworn in, Obama knew—in fact, he went out of his way to warn us—that we were shedding more than half a million jobs per month, the worst job loss in over three decades. That in 2008 we had lost more jobs than in any year since the Great Depression. That manufacturing had hit a 28-year low. That the stock market had fallen almost 40 percent in less than a year. That credit markets were nearly frozen. That businesses large and small couldn’t borrow the money they needed to meet payroll and create jobs. That home foreclosures were mounting. That credit card and auto loan delinquencies were rising. That the economy was “in a global crisis.” And that he was inheriting an “enormous budget deficit—you know, some estimates over a trillion dollars. That’s before we do anything.”
In other words, Barack Obama knew full well how bad things were when he promised he’d cut the deficit in half, when his economic team said that if his stimulus package passed, unemployment would not rise above 8 percent, and much of the rest.
What this means, then, is that Barack Obama’s only excuse for his failures is a myth and a mirage—a manufactured, after-the-fact effort to escape accountability for his own words, his own commitments, and his own failings.
The “We Couldn’t Possibly Have Known How Bad It Was” narrative is an understandable one for Obama to resort to. But like so much of what the president says these days, it’s simply make-believe. The president has run out of excuses, which explains why for many Americans he’s just about run out of time.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/promis...
We should be thanked for saving bandwidth. ;)
Funny, you're crediting the man with knowing he'd face record filibusters from the right, then calling him out for the lack of cooperation, right ??? Poor thought process , if I can call it THAT ??? LMAOROTFu~! Invest your money NOW and never move it... Seems stupid to me, but so was your diatribe...

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#19758 Jul 18, 2012
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>California unfunded pension liabilities
http://www.calwatchdog.com/2011/08/23/ca-admi ...
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/apr/06/opini ...
http://joshuapundit.blogspot.com/2011/08/cali ...
Here is what I said about the cities going bankrupt from the pension promises before Gov. Brown will do one thing about anything.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/county-341 ...
If you bother to go back and read your post you will find none of your links substantiate much of what you stated.

Instead of "public" employee pensions now you are trying to zero in on California. If you meant California, as opposed to New Jersey then you should have made that clear.

Where is your data on government employee contributions and retirement?

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#19759 Jul 18, 2012
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>Governor John Kasich said the same thing I just said. He said it just like it is. he said we need a pension system and entitlements for this century, not one for the second half of the last century - meaning 1950, as I just explained. That's what a lot of the politicians are saying now.
I actually believe it needs to be changed. But I don't have to falsify, mislead, or lie to explain why.

Since: Apr 12

Saint Paul, MN

#19760 Jul 18, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the truth is easy to see, even for a repub until they think of a way to weasel out of their responsibility.
Anyone who thinks our country's problems were brought on by one party, while excusing "their" party, is a moron. Are you a moron?

Saint Paul, MN

#19761 Jul 18, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet the libtard obamabots would like us to believe that this economy and presidency was forced on Obama at gunpoint.

Saint Paul, MN

#19762 Jul 18, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
<quoted text>If I see you a car, then you find out their is a payment book outstanding, THAT'S ALL YOU, right wing nut ??? LMAOROTFu~!
Wanna try this "sentence" again, spelling cop?
Mike

Saint Paul, MN

#19763 Jul 18, 2012
The City of San Jose is going bankrupt because of Police and fire Pensions –what is the progressive position on cutting those benefits?

By: papau Wednesday March 7, 2012 8:00 pm submit Like 7

Tweet

The City of San Jose is going bankrupt because of Police and fire Pensions and has put a change in those pensions, for all workers, for all work performed in the future but preserving the pensions earned to date, on the ballot.

Retirement can begin at age 50. The factors applied for police is 2.5% per year for 20 years plus 4,0% for the next 10 years to a maximum of 90% of salary earned by age 48, while for fire it is 2.5% of service for 20 years plus 3.0 % for the next 13.3 years for a maximum of 90% of salary at age 53.3. Disability pensions are 32% of Final compensation plus 1% for each year in excess of 2 years to 50% after 20 years and with same factors and 90% max as other employees after 20 years of service. Full pensions paid at age 50 with 25 years of service, or age 55 with 20 years of service, or age 70 with no service requirement. Reduced benefits for those with with limited service begin at age 50. Police and Fire Union leaders say it is unconstitutional to change the rights of current city workers to future benefits based on future work and say they plan to challenge the ballot measure in the courts if voters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Fair Game 48,540
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 4 min White cop 2,799
Why GOP won: Shifting white votes hurt Democrats 4 min spud 362
Reaction to the Ferguson Grand Jury's Decision 5 min NOPC 43
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 5 min Le Jimbo 850
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min dirtclod 127,574
Obama's Amnesty Pushes Blacks Aside 13 min serfs up 301
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 51 min spud 95
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 2 hr antenao 8,477
Holder: We're Not Done Investigating Ferguson P... 3 hr Bob 47
Obama: Americans want 'new car smell' in 2016 6 hr Just a thought 18
Republican Party shifts on immigration with hig... 6 hr Foster 12

US News People Search