Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Comments (Page 940)

Showing posts 18,781 - 18,800 of30,010
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hoax

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

well said-

Liberals always love putting people on "programs" and dependent on gummit for rationed survival they call compassion

It seems a job, wealth and independence is not compassion.
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, before the reduction of SS withholding due to the attempt to stimulate the economy after the crash during the last administration, SS was taking in more than it was spending. I agree that it needs to be adjusted but it is a great program, especially for those who for many differing reasons have not been able to save for retirement.
As far as medicare and medicade, they are also a good programs. All those medical problems will be paid for by some method. Emergency room services for those who cannot afford are paid by the paying customers. Whether we pay taxes or insurance or simply pay the inflated bills, we are paying for those services. It all comes out of the same pocket.

The only other answer is to let the unfortunate suffer or die. I suppose there are selfish folks that wouldn't be bothered if they did.....
Seattle Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Hoax wrote:
well said-
Liberals always love putting people on "programs" and dependent on gummit for rationed survival they call compassion
<quoted text>
It seems your Rmoney took away American jobs, what about that is compassion, again ?? LMAOROTFu~!

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Hoax wrote:
well said-
<quoted text>
Gee, I misspelled Medicaid. I am so disappointed that old Earthie missed it.

I see that you are one of the "I got mine crowd". I do not "love" giving folks aide. But I am not so selfishly hoarding my wealth that I enjoy watching folks who have stubbed their toe, suffer.
No man is an island!

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Perspectives wrote:
Lots of things are great, comes down to if you can afford it. Right now 15 trillion in debt with record cities going bankrupt.
A family and business has to have discipline to buy only what they can afford , govt should follow.
<quoted text>
Sorry, but individuals as well as businesses do go bankrupt. Too bad that the private sector imploded. As Greenspan said, it was a lack of discipline.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

It's looking more and more like Glowbull warming could be deniable.

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
It's looking more and more like Glowbull warming could be deniable.
An interesting comment from an old denier like you.

Since: Apr 12

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
An interesting comment from an old denier like you.
http://news.yahoo.com/does-tree-ring-study-pu...
A new analysis of 2,000 years of tree ring data has quickly made climate change deniers' list of greatest hits to the theory of manmade global warming.

The tree rings "prove [the] climate was WARMER in Roman and Medieval times than it is now," the British newspaper the Daily Mail reported last week, "and [the] world has been cooling for 2,000 years."

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

"This data is spatially specific. You would expect to see this trend in northern Scandinavia, but not in the Alps," Wilson said. "Almost all models show that the current global warming is probably warmer overall than that warming."

[Slideshow: U.S. sweltering in heat wave]

Finally, according to Gavin Schmidt, a NASA climate scientist, the tree rings show what mounds of other data have shown as well: For the past few millennia, Earth's northern latitudes had been cooling down overall. "Similarly, we expect that over the same period the tropics should have warmed slightly," Schmidt said in an email. These trends resulted from shifts in the Earth's orbit on thousand-year-long time-scales.

But Wilson, Schmidt and the vast majority of climate scientists agree: human-caused warming of the entire globe now overwhelms those subtle, regional heat redistributions. World temperatures are now pushing in only one direction: up.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a link? Of course not. You can not substantiate the BS you post.
California unfunded pension liabilities

http://www.calwatchdog.com/2011/08/23/ca-admi ...

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/apr/06/opini ...

http://joshuapundit.blogspot.com/2011/08/cali ...

Here is what I said about the cities going bankrupt from the pension promises before Gov. Brown will do one thing about anything.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/county-341 ...
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a link? Of course not. You can not substantiate the BS you post.
Governor John Kasich said the same thing I just said. He said it just like it is. he said we need a pension system and entitlements for this century, not one for the second half of the last century - meaning 1950, as I just explained. That's what a lot of the politicians are saying now.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

In CA the county workers do not even pay in 7 percent their pensions, only the state workers do. I live in the state capital, I know plenty of state retirees, and I know one who was a union boss. She goes on and on and on about the big public employee unions and their various contracts and about CalPERS.

This is what Scott Walker did. He forced the state workers to pay a bit, like 3 percent towards funding their health care benefit and he made them pay a little bit more into their pensions and it saved the state tons of money. They only pay in a tiny bit and the taxpayers pay those pensions. The lady that I know here that is retired and was a union boss, she keeps saying that Obama has to run up one trillion dollars in debt each year in order to be able to pay her big fat state pension and she also says that the governor needs to raise taxes to pay her pension. They see it as they have a contract, so what the state is broke, so what no one else has a pension like that, so what people are working in minimum wage service jobs, taxes have to be raised to give her a 75K a year pension and a ten percent per year cost of living increase. The government retirees do not think one thing about the deep austerity cuts, nor about those who are poor and being taxed to pay for the state pensions. They only care about them getting the 75-250K per year pensions for themselves. They just see it as a contract that must be kept no matter how much debt has to be run up, no matter how much taxes have to be raised.
Samantha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I misspelled Medicaid. I am so disappointed that old Earthie missed it.
I see that you are one of the "I got mine crowd". I do not "love" giving folks aide. But I am not so selfishly hoarding my wealth that I enjoy watching folks who have stubbed their toe, suffer.
No man is an island!
Obama has put record level of Americans on food stamps and poverty, now that's love???
Ninja Bama

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Honest Liberal wrote:
These scientists are heros of person kind. They care about our planet and have no ulterior motive. We need to pass the Fairness Doctrine so Fox News and others bought by Big Oil will no longer brainwash the sheep.
I agree.. Its a dumbing down GOP media programming..

Nothing but rednick trash topics and prejudiced commentators spinning webs and denying.. the real smooth GOP criminals..

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Smoke n Mirrors

Inver Grove Heights, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but individuals as well as businesses do go bankrupt. Too bad that the private sector imploded. As Greenspan said, it was a lack of discipline.
Obama spends over a trillion a year in deficits, California had a 15 billion annual deficit. There is no discipline with liberals with taxpayer money.

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Samantha wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has put record level of Americans on food stamps and poverty, now that's love???
I see, the failed economy had nothing to do with it. President Obama just signed 'em up.

Too bad the Neocons were wrong and the market was not able to discipline itself. Sure, take off the regulations and the market will respond. It surely did!

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Smoke n Mirrors wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama spends over a trillion a year in deficits, California had a 15 billion annual deficit. There is no discipline with liberals with taxpayer money.
If you look at the statistics, you will see a steep increase in unemployment before President Obama took office. Almost all the increase was before he was able to get his plans installed. Too bad that he inherited a failed economy. At least he prevented a full fledged depression. It took eight years for the Republicans to destroy the economy. It will probably take about that long to restore it.
Debacle

Inver Grove Heights, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at the statistics, you will see a steep increase in unemployment before President Obama took office. Almost all the increase was before he was able to get his plans installed. Too bad that he inherited a failed economy. At least he prevented a full fledged depression. It took eight years for the Republicans to destroy the economy. It will probably take about that long to restore it.
Unemployment numbers, poverty , food stamp usage, length between jobs are all worse under Obama including gas being doubled. You really can't do worse.

Nice try ;)

Sure glad Obamacare was priority number one
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Debacle wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment numbers, poverty , food stamp usage, length between jobs are all worse under Obama including gas being doubled. You really can't do worse.
Nice try ;)
Sure glad Obamacare was priority number one
According to Obama, the solution for jobs and the economy was his healthcare plan.

Two months after passage the jobs market dried up and the economy stalled.

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Obama, the solution for jobs and the economy was his healthcare plan.
Two months after passage the jobs market dried up and the economy stalled.
but but but, BUSH! DEPRESSION! BAILOUT! NOT HIS FAULT! Sorry, thought I'd beat the Obamabots to a response.
greed_is_bad

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you. Hey, we have green jobs creeping in.This is a new age, of course OUTSOURCING is a BIG problem. President Obama did not invent this. What do people expect, 30 years of outsourcing, now we come to a head. This may have worked in the past, but now we need a new way of distributing money.

There is alot of work to do to restore the economy, President Obama is on the right track. You can't build Rome in a day.

We need to put our differences aside, and come to solutions. All parties must work together.
We need to create jobs here in the states. Cut back on outsourcing.

This is my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,781 - 18,800 of30,010
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

195 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cheney Says U.S. Underestimated Iraq Insurgency... (Jun '06) 3 min swedenforever 7
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min forks_make_us_fat 1,036,364
Feds investigating return of missin... 4 min Country Girl 5
Nevada senators face off over militia groups 5 min foster 227
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min polymath257 106,266
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... 6 min Pharisaical Liar 7,084
Bush Toning Down Criticism of Putin (Jul '06) 7 min swedenforever 3
US Supreme Court upholds Michigan ban on using ... 19 min Who 51
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 20 min SourKraut 219,182
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 43 min GOTP 139,045
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Bruno 40,241
•••
•••