It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments
65,921 - 65,940 of 103,242 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2014

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70484
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Terry Fuckeye wrote:
<quoted text>You tell 'em, Jughead!!
Is your tag even allowed here? It's kind of rude. Calling people names is bad enough, but that kind of language is inappropriate.
GoGo Bar

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70485
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Cameron government of the UK is being cited by some as an example of the real-world consequences for strong austerity measures. The argument is simple: Cameron practiced austerity, Obama did not. As a result, the UK is back in recession, while the US is not.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04...

When David Cameron became PM, and announced his austerity plans — buying completely into both the confidence fairy and the invisible bond vigilantes — many were the hosannas, from both sides of the Atlantic. Pundits here urged Obama to “do a Cameron”; Cameron and Osborne were the toast of Very Serious People everywhere.

Now Britain is officially in double-dip recession, and has achieved the remarkable feat of doing worse this time around than it did in the 1930s

No wonder Rupert is riding Romney so hard.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70486
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Penisaurus Rex wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the TOPIX ADMIN TOADY TROLL!!!!
I thought you were Oregon Troll Alert today. Stop violating TOS you Oregonian punk.
Penisaurus Rex

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70487
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were Oregon Troll Alert today. Stop violating TOS you Oregonian punk.
Said the TOPIX ADMIN TOADY TROLL!!!!
Penisaurus Rex

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70488
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

GoGo Bar wrote:
The Cameron government of the UK is being cited by some as an example of the real-world consequences for strong austerity measures. The argument is simple: Cameron practiced austerity, Obama did not. As a result, the UK is back in recession, while the US is not.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04...
When David Cameron became PM, and announced his austerity plans — buying completely into both the confidence fairy and the invisible bond vigilantes — many were the hosannas, from both sides of the Atlantic. Pundits here urged Obama to “do a Cameron”; Cameron and Osborne were the toast of Very Serious People everywhere.
Now Britain is officially in double-dip recession, and has achieved the remarkable feat of doing worse this time around than it did in the 1930s
No wonder Rupert is riding Romney so hard.
Said the TOPIX ADMIN TOADY TROLL!!!!
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70489
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an anti-American.
"The law, SB 14, requires voters to show one of a very narrow list of government-issued documents, excluding Social Security, Medicaid, or student ID cards. Gun licenses, however, are acceptable."
No...you got that wrong...again.

I'm very pro-American...just anti, illegal immigrant voting in our elections so that they can get more money and benefits from the working Americans.

Tell me, what is so difficult about people getting a voter registration card or a government issued ID to verify their ID before they vote...? How does that "disenfranchise" anyone..?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70490
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OregonSUX wrote:
Republiscum are now waging a war on VOTERS.
"Man accused of forging gun license
A Gary man was arrested for forging his name on a gun license on Dec. 11
Michael Corey Andrews, 33, is charged with forgery, a Class C felony, and misdemeanor carrying a handgun without a permit.
A police officer pulled over a white Chrysler 300 after it ran a red light at the intersection of 11th Avenue and Massachusetts Street. He asked for Andrews’ driver’s license and saw the handle of a black semiautomatic handgun. The address on the ID was different from Andrews’ gun permit, and the officer retrieved a 9 mm handgun with 13 rounds of ammunition in the chamber. A license check revealed that the number belonged to a Plainfield, Ind., man.
The officer found a .357-caliber handgun under the front passenger seat that was also loaded, but the owner’s license was valid.
Andrews admitted that he purchased the license for $100 from a woman in Gary 18 months ago"
So how do you equate criminal activity as "a war on VOTERS"...?

I'd like to see that 9mm handgun with 13 rounds in the chamber. You have a link for that...?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70491
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

OregonSUX wrote:
"A former secretary to the Palos Verdes Estates police chief has been convicted of filing a document with his boss' forged signature to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
James Menjou, 64, of Rancho Palos Verdes pleaded guilty Tuesday in Torrance Superior Court to a felony count of procuring or filing a forged document, District Attorney's Office spokesman Jane Robison said Wednesday."
DB
Good...what a dumba$$. I carry concealed without a license or permit...or training and testing from the nanny state. Works out great.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70492
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OregonSUX wrote:
Republiscum = anti-American scum. This proves it yet again.
"Mississipppi’s Voter ID Catch 22
Mississippi’s voter identification law might prove literally impossible for some of its residents to adhere to. In the state, a measure written by State Senator Joey Fillingane (R) and approved by a ballot initiative requires voters to have photograph identification, which they can only obtain if they’ve got a birth certificate to present. But they can only get a birth certificate using photo ID."
On hold pending federal review...or did you just want to leave that out...?
Penisaurus Rex

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70493
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
No...you got that wrong...again.
I'm very pro-American...just anti, illegal immigrant voting in our elections so that they can get more money and benefits from the working Americans.
Tell me, what is so difficult about people getting a voter registration card or a government issued ID to verify their ID before they vote...? How does that "disenfranchise" anyone..?
That bleeding heart marxist can't help herself! She want's to allow all of Mexico and Canada, along with every other socialist/marxist scum hole on earth to come here, pollute the vote, and ruin this nation, bringing it down to the level of a third-world cesspit.

She plays DIRECTLY into the hands of the Soros/Rockefeller/Goldman-Sach s/Morgan/Rothschild empire who want us just where they've go us: Jobless, starving, and with hands out for government largesse.
Penisaurus Rex

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70494
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
On hold pending federal review...or did you just want to leave that out...?
It was inconvenient info!
Penisaurus Rex

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70495
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Good...what a dumba$$. I carry concealed without a license or permit...or training and testing from the nanny state. Works out great.
But not for her, because she's jealous!
CONSERVATIVE

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70496
Jul 9, 2012
 
OregonSUX wrote:
Republiscum are now waging a war on VOTERS.
"Man accused of forging gun license
A Gary man was arrested for forging his name on a gun license on Dec. 11
Michael Corey Andrews, 33, is charged with forgery, a Class C felony, and misdemeanor carrying a handgun without a permit.
A police officer pulled over a white Chrysler 300 after it ran a red light at the intersection of 11th Avenue and Massachusetts Street. He asked for Andrews’ driver’s license and saw the handle of a black semiautomatic handgun. The address on the ID was different from Andrews’ gun permit, and the officer retrieved a 9 mm handgun with 13 rounds of ammunition in the chamber. A license check revealed that the number belonged to a Plainfield, Ind., man.
The officer found a .357-caliber handgun under the front passenger seat that was also loaded, but the owner’s license was valid.
Andrews admitted that he purchased the license for $100 from a woman in Gary 18 months ago"
You are being sarcastic, right?
Penisaurus Rex

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70497
Jul 9, 2012
 
CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being sarcastic, right?
No, IT is NOT being sarcastic. IT means business, because IT HATES human liberty, and self-determination.
Penisaurus Rex

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70498
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation
http://www.examiner.com/article/china-condemn...

Of course the MARXIST freaks at the head of that conniption fit of a nation have no compunctions about murdering children, or fostering suicide for employees working in deplorable conditions while serving MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS.
CONSERVATIVE

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70499
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Penisaurus Rex wrote:
<quoted text>
No, IT is NOT being sarcastic. IT means business, because IT HATES human liberty, and self-determination.
It must be a liberal? They use compassion as means of justifying their need to make decisions for us "great unwashed"W who according to THEM are incapable of making those decisions for themselves. After all we might make a bad decision and have to LEARN from it! They would have us believe capitalism and the belief that America is exceptional are archaic. That their more socialist beliefs should be the standard. They would have us believe Christ was more like them than us, just because he blieved in helping the poor. What they won't acknowledge is we have no issue with helping those in LEGITIMATE need of help. We like Christ believe it is better to TEACH a man to fish, so that he may become self reliant, and live a truly free. As opposed to the liberal belief that it is better to just keep giving the man fish so that he remains DEPENDENT of others (them) for their needs, and never experiencing true freedom. That's why they have to go! Tea Party 2012!
Penisaurus Rex

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70500
Jul 9, 2012
 
CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be a liberal? They use compassion as means of justifying their need to make decisions for us "great unwashed"W who according to THEM are incapable of making those decisions for themselves. After all we might make a bad decision and have to LEARN from it! They would have us believe capitalism and the belief that America is exceptional are archaic. That their more socialist beliefs should be the standard. They would have us believe Christ was more like them than us, just because he blieved in helping the poor. What they won't acknowledge is we have no issue with helping those in LEGITIMATE need of help. We like Christ believe it is better to TEACH a man to fish, so that he may become self reliant, and live a truly free. As opposed to the liberal belief that it is better to just keep giving the man fish so that he remains DEPENDENT of others (them) for their needs, and never experiencing true freedom. That's why they have to go! Tea Party 2012!
Do yourself the kindest favor: Drop the 'liberal-conservative, and 'left-right' paradigms. There really is only distinction: Freedom vs Tyranny.

That is, you're either for freedom, or you're for tyranny. The whole 'left-right' thing is nothing but a way to keep people divided, and thus kept at each other's throats.

Remember: Don't employ, or resort to, the 'liberal v conservative' paradigm. All you need do is ask: Are you for freedom of choice, and self-determination? If the reply come back as a 'yes,' then ask why it is that they are AGAINST freedom by pursuing everything which flies into its face?

Either someone TRUELY believes in freedom of choice, and self-determination, or one does not. There's no 'left' or 'right' about it, in the very same way that there's no 'liberal' or 'conservative' about it either.

Remember: DO NOT LET the terms of the argument make your decisions for you.
GoGo Bar

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70501
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Meanwhile the American Republic is so far behind the game that the Money Elites are keeping wages so low that US people have to to work longer and harder just to eat.
Wake up. It is the peoples money they are chaining you to servitude with. The Banks are using pension funds and mutual funds to line their pockets.
The telcos are having a ball.
If you are not carefull Autonomous Bots will replace the lot of you.
Be bold. Spend, reclaim your birthright.
Obama is not stupid. Protect the individual from rape of the corporate. Flex people power.
I P Freely

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70502
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GoGo Bar wrote:
Meanwhile the American Republic is so far behind the game that the Money Elites are keeping wages so low that US people have to to work longer and harder just to eat.
Wake up. It is the peoples money they are chaining you to servitude with. The Banks are using pension funds and mutual funds to line their pockets.
The telcos are having a ball.
If you are not carefull Autonomous Bots will replace the lot of you.
Be bold. Spend, reclaim your birthright.
Obama is not stupid. Protect the individual from rape of the corporate. Flex people power.
Said the TOPIX ADMIN TOADY TROLL!!!!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70503
Jul 9, 2012
 
t clms wrote:
<quoted text>
They would be robbed blind by US businesses. Their version of Capitalism is to get away with anything they can, particularly parting the consumer with every penny they have.
...
So, their version of capitalism and yours are identical, and BOTH fail to properly define capitalism.
BOTH are distortions of truth and examples of breaking the law, and neither are capitalists.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••