Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Windermere, FL

#706760 Aug 10, 2012
Dan Salazar wrote:
Prepare yourselves for the worst.
Obama is leading Romney by 7%. Americans are choosing Big Brother Big Union Soviet style Tax Slavery over any hope for future prosperity.
Americans prefer all of our tomorrows to be worse than yesterday by a 7% margin.
American's are Embracing the Disgrace that is the Obama agenda.
If Obama wins again, there will no longer be any doubt in my mind that we are, in fact, reaping what we have sown. America will have succumbed to, perhaps, the lowest level in our nation's history re-electing a deceitful leader and throwing away any hope of restoring any of the ideals we at least once used to strive for.

I will simply sit back and watch the real show if that happens from that point on. The last best hope of the world will be lost - in my opinion - for good. We can't possibly recover after another four years.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#706762 Aug 10, 2012
Obama Campaign Website Still Prominently Features Joe Soptic Lie

http://www.barackobama.com/romney/economics/g...

Oh, but no, no, no!

"The ad had nothing to do with Obama's campaign" - Dumb Bunny Davey

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#706763 Aug 10, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Presidents don't create jobs, never have. So I ask again, why is Citizen Romney not creating jobs?
You have repeated the 8% and called it a a lie each time. That's not a lie. It's nothing more than a statement made that was not correct. I've seen thousands of such statements by all parties over the years, not one lie involved. Sorta accounts for why you folks can't grasp much of anything, including your last part of the post.
Edd, you see the unemployment numbers as a failure by President Obama. I see them as a success as to what it would have been.
If the economic collapse had been a bomb we would still be looking for the missing and cleaning up the rubble. That cleaning up the rubble is going to take time.
I don't see you as a stupid person, just a die hard Republican. Nothing wrong with that.
Before anyone can claim that I'm blaming it on Bush, get it out of your head. It started long before Bush and many have blood on their hands.
Good talkin to ya.
GFY
"Amazed"
You have to get on board with president nobama, he says folks did not build their business's the government did it. If you believe the president is correct there is no way Romney as a private citizen could create a job. All jobs are the result of government, nobama says so.
I am not a die hard republican. In our primary I voted for a democrat for state senate. He is a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. He is against higher taxes and expansion of government, he is for abortion/murder I am not. I will say I understand abortion if the mothers health is in danger, or in cases of rape or incest. He is for gay marriage, II am not. It makes no difference to me what folks do in the privacy of their bedrooms, but, I am against gay marriage. Makes me a bigot in your mind.
If you remember the president, nobama, promised if his stimulus bill was passed the unemployment rate would not exceed 8%, the rate has been over 8% since he made that statement. The president's solution; spend more, borrow more, the hell with the debt, I have to support my base. president nobama has had nearing 4 years to put the country on a positive path. He has failed, as I said record high on going unemployment, low consumer confidence, anemic GDP growth, housing market, new home starts and sales still at near record lows. The president has no faith in the American folks he is a firm believer that only government can create jobs.
I have to say you are different than most of the left leaning folks on this thread in as much as you do not blame Bush.
The fact remains the economy is president nobama's, it is his job to turn it around. So far he has proven to be a failure.
I am happy for you to say you are an economist and know that things would have been worse if not for nobama's actions. As an economist I am sure you have reasons for believing that. Care to cite the reasons.
Peace
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#706764 Aug 10, 2012
Florida wrote:
Obama job killer... and (D)Bill Nelson sold out..
The phi is UNdeniable!

(To sane, rational, non-delusional type people anyway!)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#706765 Aug 10, 2012
machu pichu wrote:
<quoted text>
This Oblamer fellow, he is such a bald faced liar, why don't you see it? Or does his blackness excuse him from all standards of honesty, decency and civility? Not to mention malfeasance and criminality in office, he really should be impeached for his numerous crimes. Don't you agree?
"Yes, Obama really is suppressing military vote
Exclusive: David Kupelian exposes most despicable form of election fraud yet"
http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/yes-obama-really-i ...
Davey HAS to be a paid Obama poster. That's the only thing that would make someone blatantly lie directly into the face of hard facts.

Oh, and don't EVEN get me started on the Ohio military debacle! LOL!

Whew! Time for a dip in the pool!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#706766 Aug 10, 2012
yepperz wrote:
Franciscans Call for Gov. Romney to Speak with Greater Dignity for the Poor
Ask Gov. Romney and Rep. Ryan to Spend Time with the Poor in Milwaukee
WASHINGTON, DC — August 8, 2012 — The Franciscan Action Network (FAN), an organization of Franciscan friars and sisters and lay Franciscans, is disturbed by the demeaning campaign ad and conversation about welfare by the Romney campaign. Franciscans, and Christians everywhere, follow Jesus who came to "preach good news to the poor" (Luke 4:18). Our Christian tradition teaches that we are to treat the poor with dignity and to prioritize the poor in our policies as a society. At a time when millions are struggling financially, it is degrading to talk about the “dependency” of people hurting in this economy, as Gov. Romney did recently.
Beyond these messages, the deeper problem is the budget proposed by Rep. Paul Ryan and supported by Gov. Romney. This proposal balances the budget on the backs of the poor with cuts to Medicaid, Head Start, Pell Grants and other vital programs. Patrick Carolan, Executive Director of FAN said, "With the political conversation now on ensuring that low-income people are working, the most blatant affront is that the Romney-Ryan Budget actually cuts job training programs for low-income people." The Campaign to Invest in America’s Workforce (CIAW) estimates that the Ryan Budget would cut funding for education and job training programs by more than $16 billion (22 percent), including for the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) programs.[1]
Franciscans ask that both rhetoric and policy be made more just and dignified for all Americans, as well as the poor around the world. Franciscan friar Fr. Joe Nangle, OFM, said, "We ask our political leaders to not sow hatred of the poor, but to speak with compassion. Our national leaders should aim to follow the spirit of The Prayer of St. Francis, which is loved by people of all faiths:
http://www.franciscanaction.org/
Dear Communist Franciscans:
The poor are your problem.
Love,
Mitt
Galt

Temecula, CA

#706767 Aug 10, 2012
A veteran US law-enforcement official has filed a blockbuster discrimination lawsuit against Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, charging she pushed him aside to make way for a less-qualified woman who’s “enjoyed a long-standing relationship” with the anti-terror chief.

That woman, Dora Schriro, identifed in court papers,was later appointed by Mayor Bloomberg as commissioner of the city Department of Correction, a post she still holds.

The court papers also allege that Suzanne Barr, Napolitano’s chief of staff at Immigration and Customs Enforcement, has engaged in “numerous” acts of “sexually offensive behavior” intended to “humiliate and intimidate male employees.

The suit was filed by James T. Hayes Jr., special agent in charge of New York City investigations for Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Hayes, who began his career with the feds as a border patrol agent in 1995, formerly served as director of ICE Detention and Removal Operations in Washington, DC, where he oversaw about 8,500 workers and a $2.5 billion budget.

But Hayes says he was demoted following President Obama’s election and the appointment of Napolitano, a former Arizona governor, to head the Department of Homeland Security.

In court papers filed in Washington federal court, Hayes says Schriro — who previously served as director of the Arizona Department of Corrections under Napolitano — was named a “special adviser” to Napolitano on detention and removal operations in February 2009 and began to replace him at DHS and ICE meetings.

“Schriro was not as qualified for the position plaintiff had because of lack of federal law-enforcement experience,” Hayes’ suit says.

“Schriro did have experience, however, working with Secretary Napolitano. Schriro enjoyed a long-standing relationship with the secretary.”

The suit doesn’t detail the nature of their relationship.

During her 2002 gubernatorial campaign, Napolitano publicly denied rumors that she’s a lesbian. In a 2009 interview, she said,“I just happen not to be married.”

When asked at that time if she was “seeing anybody now,” she answered,“Yes, my staff.”
carol

Windermere, FL

#706768 Aug 10, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Coupe of theories: Intimidation and the USSR, and a quicker means to finally end the war.
What I can[t understand, are the idiots that see no problem with known rogue dictorial countries stockpiling wmds, and nuclear arms.
Even crazier-the nutcase nes that try and dump and blame that type of REAL barbaricness and malevolnce on the US.
We are still the good guys. We did things that left a black mark on our history - like any nation. But Americans are still the good guys.

I'll just take this opportunity to say thanks to all for allowing me to vent this morning about this.

Later.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#706769 Aug 10, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
“If people had been in Massachusetts, under Governor Romney’s health care plan, they would have had health care,” said Saul.
Fantastic!
carol

Windermere, FL

#706770 Aug 10, 2012
yepperz wrote:
Poll: Independents and men boost Obama
President Obama has opened up a 7-point lead over Mitt Romney nationally, according to a CNN-ORC poll released on Thursday.
Obama’s lead in the CNN-ORC poll is buoyed by men and independents — two groups that until recently had favored Romney. Obama leads 53 percent to 42 among independents, and has a 6 percentage point advantage among men.
Romney’s unfavorability rating climbed considerably in the poll. While his favorability rating remained steady at 47, those who view him negatively climbed from 42 percent to 49.
It’s the second poll this week to show a rise in Romney’s unfavorables. A new Washington Post/ABC News poll released Wednesday showed that while 40 percent of voters say they hold favorable views on Romney, a number unchanged since May, those with negative views grew from 45 percent to 49.........
Time to break out Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, Death Camps, Acorn, you name it, all the tricks that were an epic fail first time around.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/polls/243...
Then we'll have you AND independents and men to blame.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#706771 Aug 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the part Tenzing doesn't seem to get. No one wants to vote for a third party for fear that their vote will go to the most undesired electable candidate.
A third party has to get off the ground first. That hasn't happened and doesn't seem like it ever will.
Do you even read your posts before posting them?

How do you suppose a party "gets off the ground" if everyone is waiting for them to get off the ground?

Since: May 11

New Bloomfield, PA

#706772 Aug 10, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear the cbo saying that 30 million will remain uninsured under obamacare?
Besides, being uninsured didn't kill that guys wife.
Being uninsured not only kills people but shortened other's lives.

Being able to get regular check ups & knowing a doctor visit won't bankrupt you helps people get the are they need & can avoid allowing a easily cured situation fester into stage 4 cancer.

Are you really this naive?
carol

Windermere, FL

#706773 Aug 10, 2012
machu pichu wrote:
<quoted text>
Carter was leading Reagan too, I'm not too worried, most Americans who actually will make the effort to vote are sensible hardworking taxpayers who know what a failure Obama has been. The economic indicators, from high unemployment to high gas prices are easily seen.
Obama, the liar and commie, is going down like a cheap hooker on Saturday night.
That's what I'm holding out for too. Another Reagan-esque landslide.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#706774 Aug 10, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Communist Franciscans:
The poor are your problem.
Love,
Mitt
Next time you think of screwing your pet and selling out the poor don't forget to count yourself in lily...
-
It's the culture...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#706775 Aug 10, 2012
Florida wrote:
Obama job killer... and (D)Bill Nelson sold out..
Any system of economics is bankrupt if it sees either value or virtue in unemployment.
Jimmy Carter -
United States Naval Academy/Union grad
Reactor technology and nuclear physics

45 percent+ decrease in foreign oil dependency.

(heh... lol)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#706776 Aug 10, 2012
Amazed wrote:
Romney Spox: Steelworker’s Wife Would Have Had Health Care Under Romneycare http://www.mediaite.com/tv/romney-spokes-says...
“If people had been in Massachusetts, under Governor Romney’s health care plan, they would have had health care,” said Saul.
Coulter Explodes At Romney Spokeswoman For Response To Priorities USA Ad: She Needs To Be Fired http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ann-coulter-explod...
When Coulter is out raged it's going to be a good day!
Anyone who donates to Mitt Romney, and I mean the big donors, ought to say if Andrea Saul isn’t fired and off the campaign tomorrow, they are not giving another dime, because it is not worth fighting for this man if this is the kind of spokesman he has…
She must be a communist infiltrator!
Realtime

Clermont, FL

#706777 Aug 10, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama’s deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter isn't part of the Obama campaign?
New meds, Mealtime, or are you the "dumbazz"?
She didn't produce the ad either__the ad was produced and paid for by a PAC, you've got nothing here baby keep wasting your time though.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#706778 Aug 10, 2012
carol wrote:
It's only because of all the good we have done in the world that I still believe we are a good and decent nation. Every nation has black marks on their history. Ours remain too.
Da Bammy has proven to be a skid mark on a pair of BVD's.

LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#706779 Aug 10, 2012
frank wrote:
So who says Gov’t don’t create jobs? Well, there are those with their head up their collective arse. NASA engineers and scientists hailed the Mars rover Curiosity's flawless descent and landing as a miracle of engineering, a feat that stands as the most challenging and elaborate achievement in the history of robotic spaceflight and opens the door to a new era in planetary exploration. The project took several years and employed thousands.
This one is one of my faves:

In a long-forgotten tape from the 2002 Massachusetts governor’s race obtained by ABC News, Mitt Romney is seen touting his Washington connections and his ability to get millions of taxpayer dollars from the federal government.

“I am big believer in getting money where the money is,” Romney says on the video,“The money is in Washington.”

The video, which was surreptitiously shot by Democratic opponents of Romney on Oct. 16, 2002, shows him addressing a group called the New Bedford Industrial Foundation. The Power Point presentation he uses lists ways to improve economic development in Massachusetts, including “boost federal involvement.”

“I want to go after every grant, every project, every department in Washington to assure that we are taking advantage of economic development opportunities,” Romney tells the group.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/...
Florida

Lithia, FL

#706780 Aug 10, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantastic!
Obama suggests voters follow his example, just ignore Joe's wife awful habit of cigarette smoking, dying of lung cancer and just ignore her own self-healthcare...
-
It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 min IBdaMann 34,002
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Dix 172,542
Latest gay marriage ruling creates confusion in... 6 min Wondering 73
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min ChristineM 149,955
Alabama Supreme Court halts same-sex marriage 9 min Yakitori 47
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 13 min Le Duped 1,964
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 17 min ChristineM 4,911
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 17 min Dix 313,645
Who do you side with in Ferguson? (Aug '14) 3 hr Son of Man 12,149
Ferguson officials to meet with Justice Department 3 hr HeMadeSoMany 77