Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Florida

Lithia, FL

#706745 Aug 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Floriduh is so f*cking stupid he can't keep his own lies straight.
Joe's wife did not die 22 days after losing her job.
Joe's wife died of lung cancer and smoked cigarettes... You suckass loser..
-
It's the culture...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#706746 Aug 10, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Obama didn't lie dumbazz, the ad was not produced by his campaign but a PAC.
Obama’s deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter isn't part of the Obama campaign?

New meds, Mealtime, or are you the "dumbazz"?
Amazed

Montverde, FL

#706747 Aug 10, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Joe's wife died of lung cancer and smoked cigarettes... You suckass loser..
-
It's the culture...
“If people had been in Massachusetts, under Governor Romney’s health care plan, they would have had health care,” said Saul.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#706748 Aug 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard for me to imagine a lot of people being able to sleep at night after watching that documentary. Our brave soldiers did what they had to do on the ground. Many of them came back emotionally scarred and had to live with those memories for the rest of their lives.
But I will never understand why so many innocents were deliberately killed by air strikes on the order of our military leaders. Or how they or those pilots could sleep at night.
Coupe of theories: Intimidation and the USSR, and a quicker means to finally end the war.

What I can[t understand, are the idiots that see no problem with known rogue dictorial countries stockpiling wmds, and nuclear arms.
Even crazier-the nutcase nes that try and dump and blame that type of REAL barbaricness and malevolnce on the US.
frank

Oakland, CA

#706749 Aug 10, 2012
So who says Gov’t don’t create jobs? Well, there are those with their head up their collective arse. NASA engineers and scientists hailed the Mars rover Curiosity's flawless descent and landing as a miracle of engineering, a feat that stands as the most challenging and elaborate achievement in the history of robotic spaceflight and opens the door to a new era in planetary exploration. The project took several years and employed thousands.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#706750 Aug 10, 2012
frank wrote:
So who says Gov’t don’t create jobs? Well, there are those with their head up their collective arse. NASA engineers and scientists hailed the Mars rover Curiosity's flawless descent and landing as a miracle of engineering, a feat that stands as the most challenging and elaborate achievement in the history of robotic spaceflight and opens the door to a new era in planetary exploration. The project took several years and employed thousands.
A NASA project started and developed during the Bush years you idiot... Bush was a job creator...
-
It's the culture...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#706751 Aug 10, 2012
frank wrote:
That was!! a FINE example of jet propulsionism ingenuity in action!!!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#706752 Aug 10, 2012
Poll: Independents and men boost Obama

President Obama has opened up a 7-point lead over Mitt Romney nationally, according to a CNN-ORC poll released on Thursday.
Obama’s lead in the CNN-ORC poll is buoyed by men and independents — two groups that until recently had favored Romney. Obama leads 53 percent to 42 among independents, and has a 6 percentage point advantage among men.

Romney’s unfavorability rating climbed considerably in the poll. While his favorability rating remained steady at 47, those who view him negatively climbed from 42 percent to 49.

It’s the second poll this week to show a rise in Romney’s unfavorables. A new Washington Post/ABC News poll released Wednesday showed that while 40 percent of voters say they hold favorable views on Romney, a number unchanged since May, those with negative views grew from 45 percent to 49.........

Time to break out Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, Death Camps, Acorn, you name it, all the tricks that were an epic fail first time around.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/polls/243...
Florida

Lithia, FL

#706753 Aug 10, 2012
frank wrote:
Rasmussen poll:(R)Connie Mack leads (D)Bill Nelson, 46%-37% in Florida...
-
http://www.examiner.com/article/bill-nelson-r...
-
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/...
-
Obama job kileer... and (D)Bill Nelson sold out... Bill Nelson selling out thousands of NASA jobs, contributing and creating massive devastation for home owners, home foreclosures, horrible home values, layoffs and poverty on the east coast of Florida...
-
Biden: As goes Bill Nelson in Florida, so goes Obama...
-
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-200467...
-
It's the culture
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#706754 Aug 10, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
“If people had been in Massachusetts, under Governor Romney’s health care plan, they would have had health care,” said Saul.
DUH

What part of that statement, in response to the LAME ghetto-gutter poliTICal chitslinging ad- don't you comprehend.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#706755 Aug 10, 2012
Obama job killer... and (D)Bill Nelson sold out..

Location hidden

#706757 Aug 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The ad had nothing to do with Obama's campaign
LOL! Sure thing Davey, and the May conference call hosted by Stephanie Cutter is just a figment of my imagination.

Oh, and the call just happened to take place as Soptic began appearing in Obama campaign ads, and was featured in a profile on the Obama campaign website.

Take the Obama blinders off. You're a fool and you're embarrassing yourself.
Florida

Lithia, FL

#706758 Aug 10, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe's wife died of lung cancer, choosing to smoke cigarettes.. No amount of insurance would have saved her..
-
It's the culture...
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#706759 Aug 10, 2012
machu pichu wrote:
It's only your money, or worse yet, borrowed money to be paid back somehow by future generations, after the Obama's retire to a life of luxury paid for by us.
We are already paying for date nights and trips to Spain and Vail.

Why is Obama Failing?

ANSWER: Obama’s ideology — and the program that followed — explains the failure of these four years.

What program? Obama laid it out early in his presidency. The roots of the nation’s crisis, he declared, were systemic. Fundamental change was required. He had come to deliver it.

Hence, his signature legislation:

First, the $831 billion stimulus that was going to “reinvest” in America and bring unemployment below 6%. We know about the unemployment. And the investment?

Obama loves to cite federal projects such as the Hoover Dam and the interstate highway system. Fine. Name one thing of any note created by Obama’s Niagara of borrowed money.

A modernized electric grid? Ports dredged to receive the larger ships soon to traverse a widened Panama Canal? Nothing of the sort. Solyndra, anyone?

Second, radical reform of health care that would reduce its ruinously accelerating cost:“Put simply,” he said,“our health care problem is our deficit problem.”

Except that the CBO reports that Obamacare will cost $1.68 trillion of new spending in its first decade.

To say nothing of the price of the uncertainty introduced by an impossibly complex remaking of one-sixth of the economy — discouraging hiring and expansion as trillions of private-sector dollars remain sidelined.

The third part of Obama’s promised transformation was energy. His cap-and-trade federal takeover was rejected by his own Democratic Senate. So the war on fossil fuels has been conducted unilaterally by bureaucratic fiat.

A no-brainer pipeline (Keystone) rejected lest Canadian oil sands be burned.(China will burn them instead.) A drilling moratorium in the Gulf that a federal judge severely criticized as illegal.

That was the program — now so unpopular that Obama barely mentions it. Obamacare got exactly two lines in this year’s State of the Union address. Seen any ads touting the stimulus? The drilling moratorium? Keystone?

Ideas matter. The 2010 election, the most ideological since 1980, saw the voters resoundingly reject a Democratic Party that was relentlessly expanding the power, spending, scope and reach of government.

It’s worse now. Those who have struggled to create a family business, a corner restaurant, a medical practice won’t take kindly to being told their success is a result of government-built roads and bridges.

In 1988, Michael Dukakis famously said,“This election is not about ideology; it’s about competence.” He lost. If Republicans want to win, Obama’s you-didn’t-build-that confession of faith needs to be hung around his neck until Election Day.

The third consecutive summer-of-recovery-that-never- came is attributable not just to Obama being in over his head but to what’s in his head: a government-centered vision of the economy and society, and the policies that flow from it.

Four years of that and this is what you get. Make the case and you win the White House.
carol

Windermere, FL

#706760 Aug 10, 2012
Dan Salazar wrote:
Prepare yourselves for the worst.
Obama is leading Romney by 7%. Americans are choosing Big Brother Big Union Soviet style Tax Slavery over any hope for future prosperity.
Americans prefer all of our tomorrows to be worse than yesterday by a 7% margin.
American's are Embracing the Disgrace that is the Obama agenda.
If Obama wins again, there will no longer be any doubt in my mind that we are, in fact, reaping what we have sown. America will have succumbed to, perhaps, the lowest level in our nation's history re-electing a deceitful leader and throwing away any hope of restoring any of the ideals we at least once used to strive for.

I will simply sit back and watch the real show if that happens from that point on. The last best hope of the world will be lost - in my opinion - for good. We can't possibly recover after another four years.

Location hidden

#706762 Aug 10, 2012
Obama Campaign Website Still Prominently Features Joe Soptic Lie

http://www.barackobama.com/romney/economics/g...

Oh, but no, no, no!

"The ad had nothing to do with Obama's campaign" - Dumb Bunny Davey

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#706763 Aug 10, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Presidents don't create jobs, never have. So I ask again, why is Citizen Romney not creating jobs?
You have repeated the 8% and called it a a lie each time. That's not a lie. It's nothing more than a statement made that was not correct. I've seen thousands of such statements by all parties over the years, not one lie involved. Sorta accounts for why you folks can't grasp much of anything, including your last part of the post.
Edd, you see the unemployment numbers as a failure by President Obama. I see them as a success as to what it would have been.
If the economic collapse had been a bomb we would still be looking for the missing and cleaning up the rubble. That cleaning up the rubble is going to take time.
I don't see you as a stupid person, just a die hard Republican. Nothing wrong with that.
Before anyone can claim that I'm blaming it on Bush, get it out of your head. It started long before Bush and many have blood on their hands.
Good talkin to ya.
GFY
"Amazed"
You have to get on board with president nobama, he says folks did not build their business's the government did it. If you believe the president is correct there is no way Romney as a private citizen could create a job. All jobs are the result of government, nobama says so.
I am not a die hard republican. In our primary I voted for a democrat for state senate. He is a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. He is against higher taxes and expansion of government, he is for abortion/murder I am not. I will say I understand abortion if the mothers health is in danger, or in cases of rape or incest. He is for gay marriage, II am not. It makes no difference to me what folks do in the privacy of their bedrooms, but, I am against gay marriage. Makes me a bigot in your mind.
If you remember the president, nobama, promised if his stimulus bill was passed the unemployment rate would not exceed 8%, the rate has been over 8% since he made that statement. The president's solution; spend more, borrow more, the hell with the debt, I have to support my base. president nobama has had nearing 4 years to put the country on a positive path. He has failed, as I said record high on going unemployment, low consumer confidence, anemic GDP growth, housing market, new home starts and sales still at near record lows. The president has no faith in the American folks he is a firm believer that only government can create jobs.
I have to say you are different than most of the left leaning folks on this thread in as much as you do not blame Bush.
The fact remains the economy is president nobama's, it is his job to turn it around. So far he has proven to be a failure.
I am happy for you to say you are an economist and know that things would have been worse if not for nobama's actions. As an economist I am sure you have reasons for believing that. Care to cite the reasons.
Peace
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#706764 Aug 10, 2012
Florida wrote:
Obama job killer... and (D)Bill Nelson sold out..
The phi is UNdeniable!

(To sane, rational, non-delusional type people anyway!)

Location hidden

#706765 Aug 10, 2012
machu pichu wrote:
<quoted text>
This Oblamer fellow, he is such a bald faced liar, why don't you see it? Or does his blackness excuse him from all standards of honesty, decency and civility? Not to mention malfeasance and criminality in office, he really should be impeached for his numerous crimes. Don't you agree?
"Yes, Obama really is suppressing military vote
Exclusive: David Kupelian exposes most despicable form of election fraud yet"
http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/yes-obama-really-i ...
Davey HAS to be a paid Obama poster. That's the only thing that would make someone blatantly lie directly into the face of hard facts.

Oh, and don't EVEN get me started on the Ohio military debacle! LOL!

Whew! Time for a dip in the pool!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#706766 Aug 10, 2012
yepperz wrote:
Franciscans Call for Gov. Romney to Speak with Greater Dignity for the Poor
Ask Gov. Romney and Rep. Ryan to Spend Time with the Poor in Milwaukee
WASHINGTON, DC — August 8, 2012 — The Franciscan Action Network (FAN), an organization of Franciscan friars and sisters and lay Franciscans, is disturbed by the demeaning campaign ad and conversation about welfare by the Romney campaign. Franciscans, and Christians everywhere, follow Jesus who came to "preach good news to the poor" (Luke 4:18). Our Christian tradition teaches that we are to treat the poor with dignity and to prioritize the poor in our policies as a society. At a time when millions are struggling financially, it is degrading to talk about the “dependency” of people hurting in this economy, as Gov. Romney did recently.
Beyond these messages, the deeper problem is the budget proposed by Rep. Paul Ryan and supported by Gov. Romney. This proposal balances the budget on the backs of the poor with cuts to Medicaid, Head Start, Pell Grants and other vital programs. Patrick Carolan, Executive Director of FAN said, "With the political conversation now on ensuring that low-income people are working, the most blatant affront is that the Romney-Ryan Budget actually cuts job training programs for low-income people." The Campaign to Invest in America’s Workforce (CIAW) estimates that the Ryan Budget would cut funding for education and job training programs by more than $16 billion (22 percent), including for the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) programs.[1]
Franciscans ask that both rhetoric and policy be made more just and dignified for all Americans, as well as the poor around the world. Franciscan friar Fr. Joe Nangle, OFM, said, "We ask our political leaders to not sow hatred of the poor, but to speak with compassion. Our national leaders should aim to follow the spirit of The Prayer of St. Francis, which is loved by people of all faiths:
http://www.franciscanaction.org/
Dear Communist Franciscans:
The poor are your problem.
Love,
Mitt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
With State of the Union, Obama sets agenda ... ... 7 min Chicopee 120
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Chimney1 141,888
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 27 min Quirky 304,497
States threaten lawsuit against Obama's municip... 39 min jeffry 1
McCain gives thumbs up to 'American Sniper' movie 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 13
Romney version 3.0? 1 hr justhefacts 149
GOP hopefuls weigh in on gay marriage 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 66
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 307,892
More from around the web