Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232953 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

FOX -Israel media n WARS

Chicago, IL

#699269 Aug 1, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> LOL! Tell that to the guy down at the corner that just had his car towed for expired license. Right out the driveway.
the guy who had his car towed out of his property have a right to protect himself and his property . If a pig would show up under the pretense of taking my CAR out of MY driveway he will meet my gunshot .
Jane Says

New York, NY

#699270 Aug 1, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope the homophobic idiot goes out of business, I will never eat there again and will recommend that others don't also..
you'll be missed (NOT)

'Chick-fil-A restaurants become rallying points for supportersBy the CNN Wire Staff
updated 4:04 PM EDT, Wed August 1, 2012

The controversy came about after an interview with the fast food restaurant chain's president and COO, Dan Cathy, appeared in The Baptist Press on July 16 and he weighed in with his views on family.

"We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit," Cathy said. "We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

On a Facebook page Huckabee created announcing the event, more than 620,000 people said they would participate.

"The goal is simple: Let's affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick Fil-A on Wednesday, August 1," wrote Huckabee, a former pastor.

Lines snaked around a Chick-fil-A in Dallas, CNN affiliate WFAA reported. Patrons packed a Chick-fil-A in Smyrna, Georgia. A food court with a Chick-fil-A was flooded in Laurel, Mississippi.

On Facebook, fans posted photos of themselves holding bags emblazoned with the restaurant chain's bright red logo.

Edwin Guzman told CNN's iReport that he wanted about 30 minutes for his lunch at a "crazy packed" Chick-fil-A in Clarksville, Tennessee.

"It's really hard to find people or leaders that stand for something good and stay firm," he said of the restaurant chain.

In Barboursville, West Virginia, Brett Walker said, "the scene at Chick-fil-A seemed like a massive silent protest."

Walker told iReport he chose to eat at the restaurant Wednesday "in support of free speech" and waited 40 minutes to receive his order.

Have you seen demonstrations at restaurants in your area?

A police officer directed traffic as cars jammed the area, and employees walked car to car in the drive-thru line to take orders, he said.

Roger Cates told iReport he had lunch at Chick-fil-A in Owensboro, Kentucky, and planned to return with his family for dinner. Political leaders who have criticized the chain, like the mayors of Boston and Chicago, are hypocritical, he said.

"I think it is ironic that the so-called forces of tolerance and inclusion are calling for the exclusion of Chick-fil-A from cities simply because of the beliefs of their chairman.... People that disagree with me have a right to their opinion, and I have a right to mine," he said....

In the Atlanta area, CNN affiliate WSB warned of traffic delays around Chick-fil-As.

Support extended beyond the restaurant chain. Some Wendy's franchises in North and South Carolina weighed in Wednesday morning with signs outside their restaurants saying, "We Stand With Chick-fil-A."

"Too often, those on the left make corporate statements to show support for same sex marriage, abortion, or profanity, but if Christians affirm traditional values, we're considered homophobic, fundamentalists, hate-mongers, and intolerant," Huckabee said on the Facebook page, adding that neither the company nor the Cathy family was involved in proposing or promoting the event.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/01/us/chick-fil-a-...
GayLobsterGhost

Lakewood, NJ

#699271 Aug 1, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You just got the memo? That was yesterdays news, did you just get bailed out?
It was stunningly beautiful, just like she is. Now, gfy
lily's foul mouth resurfaces to remind everyone of her vile lowlife upbringing.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#699272 Aug 1, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Jennings is right about what? < From the information I posted >.
There is NOTHING RIGHT about Kevin Jenning's school teachings or his advocacy of NAMBLA, which promotes the legalization of sexual abuse of young boys by older men.
Do you agree with this sexual abuse being legalized ?
And taught by a sexually perverse deviant ?
If you do, you are just as mentally perverted as Jennings.
Didn't read the link. Not interested in Hannity being right, wrong or failed. This is MY view. And the debate isn't about Hannity. It's about your hypocrisy toward "molester enabler" and KKK admiration on The Republican side, while denying The Democrats Klan Members and PEDOPHILES.
Yeah, The KKK Byrd got buried with full "honors" via a speech given by the "upstanding" William Jefferson Clinton -
Downplaying Byrd's role as a Klan Member.
The Byrd just joined to gain respect so he could go on to become a Senator, or some prep school palabra.
"Jennings is right"?? And you're a disgrace.
<quoted text>
So now we're in racism history land? And you guys just seem to love Byrd.

So how about MLK calling out the radical racist right(i just loved posting that in the comments on The Blaze site. seems Becklings are worse than FOXbots when presented with anything that shows that their idol is lying.) Though that's one history lesson that seems to be forgotten 2 seconds after I mention it.

As for the Jennings farce....I'm not of the leap of faith crowd. You have your right wing take and I have the truth. You can throw crap at me all day long, and much like you will to me, I'll just ignore it. I might as well since nothing will ever come of it....Hannity/FOX failed.

Anyway, if Jennings was all that you wingnuts claim he is, he'd already be in jail. You know, just like all those perverts that Arpaio won't lock up who haven't done anything wrong.[?]

So tell us...are you an Arpaio fan? Seems to me if you are.....you're supporting the continued abuse of Latino children.
carol

Windermere, FL

#699273 Aug 1, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>No, absolutely no progress whatsoever.
Sure doesn't seem like it. But maybe the seeds of common sense have been planted and we just haven't seen it blossom yet.

That's possible. Isn't it?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#699274 Aug 1, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The entire state of VA is a hell hole.
Won't get any argument from me.
GayLobsterGhost

Lakewood, NJ

#699275 Aug 1, 2012
<quoted text>
Jane, put down the crack pipe fer krissakes
lily always demands her turn on the crack pipe, in between shots, that is.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#699277 Aug 1, 2012
<quoted text>
LOL!
"silly"
For once "dim" got it right, "poop" is tied up so he resorts to a chicken, about all he can handle.
Peace
Florida

Lithia, FL

#699278 Aug 1, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
So now we're in racism history land? And you guys just seem to love Byrd.
So how about MLK calling out the radical racist right(i just loved posting that in the comments on The Blaze site. seems Becklings are worse than FOXbots when presented with anything that shows that their idol is lying.) Though that's one history lesson that seems to be forgotten 2 seconds after I mention it.
As for the Jennings farce....I'm not of the leap of faith crowd. You have your right wing take and I have the truth. You can throw crap at me all day long, and much like you will to me, I'll just ignore it. I might as well since nothing will ever come of it....Hannity/FOX failed.
Anyway, if Jennings was all that you wingnuts claim he is, he'd already be in jail. You know, just like all those perverts that Arpaio won't lock up who haven't done anything wrong.[?]
So tell us...are you an Arpaio fan? Seems to me if you are.....you're supporting the continued abuse of Latino children.
Sonicfilter Post #527078:- No more than I expected from any of you bigots. You have children? Grandchildren? I wish them the worst. You shouldn't have a problem with that... 50 million abortions is not exactly a love affair for children ehh.. hitler??...
-
Where is your brain moron?
-
It's the culture...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#699279 Aug 1, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
A car setting in your own driveway with expired tags is not against the law. Tags are for driving on the highway.
Wrongo Ghostie. I'm late. Take this up later.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#699280 Aug 1, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your right wing take and I have the truth.
LOL

RealDave, is that you?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#699281 Aug 1, 2012
Current electoral college vote -

Obama - 247

Romney - 191

Toss Ups - 100

271 needed to win

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/...

So Romney still alive but it's slowly slipping away. Lots of toss ups and Romney needs most of em.
Grey Ghost

Richmond, VA

#699282 Aug 1, 2012
GayLobsterGhost wrote:
<quoted text> lily always demands her turn on the crack pipe, in between shots, that is.
Meanwhile your large crack remains up in the air. Wow, an azz on each end.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#699283 Aug 1, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Won't get any argument from me.
That'd be a first. Did I mention that West VA is VA's trash dumpster?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#699284 Aug 1, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Source?
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-822519

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GayLobsterGhost

Lakewood, NJ

#699285 Aug 1, 2012
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope the homophobic idiot goes out of business, I will never eat there again and will recommend that others don't also..
Red Lobster has already banned you; now you will have nowhere to eat, and had better spread the word to your imaginary friends who never join you, either. Bwhahahahahahaha...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JEB

Marietta, GA

#699286 Aug 1, 2012
Gunner wrote:
Obama is currently running a campaign ad saying he has a plan to ‘pay down the debt in a balanced way.’
He has made this claim in public remarks as well.
But his updated budget—submitted two weeks after the legal deadline—reveals just how dramatically false this claim is.
These ads ought to be pulled down.
http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...
Romney seemed a bad tourist
Doubt if he has a foreign policy idea

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GayLobsterGhost

Lakewood, NJ

#699287 Aug 1, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>What part of cram it up your azz, Plain Jane, do you fail to comprehend? The part that doesn't allow you to race bait?
Reported for abuse! LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JEB

Marietta, GA

#699288 Aug 1, 2012
NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll

President Obama 49

Governor Romney 43
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll be missed (NOT)
'Chick-fil-A restaurants become rallying points for supportersBy the CNN Wire Staff
updated 4:04 PM EDT, Wed August 1, 2012
The controversy came about after an interview with the fast food restaurant chain's president and COO, Dan Cathy, appeared in The Baptist Press on July 16 and he weighed in with his views on family.
"We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit," Cathy said. "We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."
On a Facebook page Huckabee created announcing the event, more than 620,000 people said they would participate.
"The goal is simple: Let's affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick Fil-A on Wednesday, August 1," wrote Huckabee, a former pastor.
Lines snaked around a Chick-fil-A in Dallas, CNN affiliate WFAA reported. Patrons packed a Chick-fil-A in Smyrna, Georgia. A food court with a Chick-fil-A was flooded in Laurel, Mississippi.
On Facebook, fans posted photos of themselves holding bags emblazoned with the restaurant chain's bright red logo.
Edwin Guzman told CNN's iReport that he wanted about 30 minutes for his lunch at a "crazy packed" Chick-fil-A in Clarksville, Tennessee.
"It's really hard to find people or leaders that stand for something good and stay firm," he said of the restaurant chain.
In Barboursville, West Virginia, Brett Walker said, "the scene at Chick-fil-A seemed like a massive silent protest."
Walker told iReport he chose to eat at the restaurant Wednesday "in support of free speech" and waited 40 minutes to receive his order.
Have you seen demonstrations at restaurants in your area?
A police officer directed traffic as cars jammed the area, and employees walked car to car in the drive-thru line to take orders, he said.
Roger Cates told iReport he had lunch at Chick-fil-A in Owensboro, Kentucky, and planned to return with his family for dinner. Political leaders who have criticized the chain, like the mayors of Boston and Chicago, are hypocritical, he said.
"I think it is ironic that the so-called forces of tolerance and inclusion are calling for the exclusion of Chick-fil-A from cities simply because of the beliefs of their chairman.... People that disagree with me have a right to their opinion, and I have a right to mine," he said....
In the Atlanta area, CNN affiliate WSB warned of traffic delays around Chick-fil-As.
Support extended beyond the restaurant chain. Some Wendy's franchises in North and South Carolina weighed in Wednesday morning with signs outside their restaurants saying, "We Stand With Chick-fil-A."
"Too often, those on the left make corporate statements to show support for same sex marriage, abortion, or profanity, but if Christians affirm traditional values, we're considered homophobic, fundamentalists, hate-mongers, and intolerant," Huckabee said on the Facebook page, adding that neither the company nor the Cathy family was involved in proposing or promoting the event.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/01/us/chick-fil-a-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#699289 Aug 1, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure doesn't seem like it. But maybe the seeds of common sense have been planted and we just haven't seen it blossom yet.
That's possible. Isn't it?
No, not gonna happen, rightwingers are way too stupid. Every time Obama plants a seedling some overweight uneducated rightwing dullard steps on it and crushes into oblivion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Josh Duggar Scandal Edition 2 min Tazo 69
News Kentucky Governor's Race 2015: Matt Bevin Lies ... 8 min Cordwainer Trout 2
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 20 min Le Jimbo 124
News Cleveland protests erupt after officer found no... 23 min xxxrayted 71
News Boy Scouts' leader speaks out on gay adults ban 25 min Wondering 57
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 26 min xxxrayted 2,254
News Perry seeks to win over Iowa, a handshake at a ... 27 min Le Jimbo 4
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 36 min Le Jimbo 182,426
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min 2 Watt Light bulb 189,893
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Charles Idemi 163,927
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 hr -Dont Panic- 328,438
More from around the web