Supreme Court ruling on false military medals incites anger

Rep. Duncan Hunter , who served as a Marine in Iraq and Afghanistan, expressed disappointment in the Supreme Court ruling and suggested that Congress will look for another way to deter people from claiming to have won military medals for bravery. Full Story

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#149 Jun 30, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not embarrassed calling teabaggers out for what they are. Teabaggers are embarrassed to admit they are teabaggers.
Do you know what i like to do for entertainment?
Cross pickets lines p*ssing off liberal union members.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#151 Jun 30, 2012
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know what i like to do for entertainment?
Cross pickets lines p*ssing off liberal union members.
And here we all thought you were another frightwing Stolen Valor hypocrite frightwinger supporting Mittens the draftdodger.
opps I did it again

Edinburg, TX

#152 Jun 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes he did, in 2008
In 2008? LOL Just in time for the presidency, huh? I guess he thought that would make him loo good. Not!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#153 Jun 30, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>So you voted for him, correct?
Not at all.
uIdiotRacesMakeW orldPeace

United States

#154 Jul 1, 2012
"So important did military spending and the military-industrial sector become during World War II and the Cold War that they have become fundamental to the U.S. economy, U.S. economic growth and above all U.S. technological development. Despite its often almost incredible wastefulness and corruption, this military spending has also been in some ways a kind of unacknowledged but rather successful state industrial development strategy in a country whose free market ideology meant that it could not formally adopt or admit to such a strategy."
David Edwards - Burning All Illusions

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#155 Jul 1, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>And here we all thought you were another frightwing Stolen Valor hypocrite frightwinger supporting Mittens the draftdodger.
That would be The Fake Marine better known as The Black Panther in local circles5174

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#156 Jul 1, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You're proud to be a bigot and a racist and a homophobe and an anti-semite and a sexist, etc.
Good to know.
So you're saying you got your medals for verbal attacks and name calling. What a hero.

Location hidden

#157 Jul 1, 2012
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>That would be The Fake Marine better known as The Black Panther in local circles5174
The panthers are wuessy's that challenge old people with clubs.....typical gang mentality.

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#158 Jul 1, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The panthers are wuessy's that challenge old people with clubs.....typical gang mentality.
Yep.
Joey Sanchez

AOL

#159 Jul 1, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>So you voted for him, correct?
Who would have thought that Clinton would be the last Democrat who was worthy of America's trust and support?
It's heartbreaking. So sad to see the Party become a bunch of Orwellian Gangsters. Now the American middle class have no choice but to vote for Republicans. The DNC leaves us no choice by only running Tax Slavery, Big Brother style Anti American thugs.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#160 Jul 1, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to see how many frightwing Sunshine Chickenhawk Patriots dodged the draft. Doesn't take much at all.
So did you vote for Bod Dole and George Bush Senior , or did you vote Bill Clinton? And did you vote for Obama or John McCain.Or are you a hypocrite?
Anyone who voted for Bill Clinton and Obama when they ran against real War heros and are now trying to make an issue of some one else military record is a hyporite.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#161 Jul 1, 2012
Might point out the only two Veterans that ran this year where Ron Paul and Rick Perry? So how many of you voted for them?

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#162 Jul 1, 2012
californio wrote:
<quoted text> So did you vote for Bod Dole and George Bush Senior , or did you vote Bill Clinton? And did you vote for Obama or John McCain.Or are you a hypocrite?
Anyone who voted for Bill Clinton and Obama when they ran against real War heros and are now trying to make an issue of some one else military record is a hyporite.
I voted for McCain in the 2000 primary. And you frightwing hypocrites always have trouble with one word FACTS. Here's why I'd never vote for a hypocritical frightwing Repub ever again....
In the 2000 South Carolina Presidential primary Bush surrogates circulated stories that McCain's five years as a POW had made him "mentally unstable," gave him a "loose screw," that he "committed treason while a POW" and "came home and forgot us." The stories also called McCain "the fag candidate," called his wife a drug addict, said McCain "chose to sire children without marriage" and had "a black child".

And when McCain responded by asking whether this kind of smear campaign showed that voters should think twice about trusting Bush, saying Bush was "twisting the truth like Clinton," Rove was able to turn that against McCain¸ by accusing McCain of "going negative." Unlike Rove and Bush, McCain hadn't understood the value of attacking with surrogates.
Blow that out your ass, moron.
Wake up YOU muggles

San Francisco, CA

#163 Jul 1, 2012
boosh ruined our military, courts and banks!!!

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#164 Jul 1, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I strongly disagree with this ruling. It should be a crime for anyone to claim military service or metals. I take pride in the fact that I served this nation in the United States Marine Corps and in the few metals that I did earn… the problem is that there a too many wannabes who feel a need to claim valor that they didn’t earn. I am very happy with the court’s ruling on immigration and Health Care, but I feel like they dropped the ball on this one… free speech or no free speech I wouldn’t respond to kindly to someone claiming valor they didn’t earn…
Nevertheless, I’m still giddy about the tea-baggers taking it on the chin (pun intended) on Health Care Reform, LOL!
I agree Pat! People falsely claiming to be an attorney, Dr., nurse, police officer, etc.... they get in trouble, but somebody falsely claiming to be a service member or vet and falsely claiming medals, nothing happens. I think they should be criminally charged too, because they are an insult to us who have served and rightfully earned our medals.
To all Medal recipients

Fremont, CA

#165 Jul 1, 2012

in the City of Pittsburg California. We purchased a house built on the old Camp Stoneman. It was discovered to be one of the First Federal Land Leases Written on that retired Military installiation.

In the LEASE. Which is a DEEDED Lease. The Lease spells out spicific Rights. For example:

No Codes or Regulations. Unrestricted use. No Parking on the Streets. Those "RIGHTS" came with the property.

As the story goes the General said, "The "RIGHTS" go to the individual First". So the Lease was written in such away which guaranteed "Constitutional Rights" are intact with the transfer.

PROBLEM. Developer Siino knows these rights exist in the Lease. As he holds other Leases on Stoneman. The City of Pittsburg and their Law Enforcemtnt ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO ACKNOLEDGE those Rights.

they act togather to harass, hurt, and violently inflict harm to myself , my family and others. Forcing their rule on and area where they have restricted jourstiction.

We own a strigtic location in the sceme of developement in this Neighborhood. An investor with ties of family and friendship to City and developer Siino. They installed a "DRYER EXHAUST Vent" between the propertys.

The Property they purchased is to the west of ours shairing a border. The wind most always blows from west to east into our yard. Our house . our Property has been ruined. Most of the time when we attempt to enjoy our out side, sence the investors placed the 4'inch exhaust vent in ( we cannot set out side) The City Officals Laugh.

I stood on the other side of the fenced border when they installed the exhaust venT. I over heard the owner say to one of his workers, "Put it there we'll see how he likes it when we get someone in here doing laundry."

That didn't phase me till 4 years ago, when just that started, the exhaust!!!.

I looked into the building Code. The City said, "We do not regulate Vents. I complained. They marked me a nut. I have been to all government resources and their reps have visited my home. It has been said that Dryer Exhaust will not harm me or my family in modret or heavy doses. They are wrong !

I can show anyone that there is a "CHEMICAL ATTACK" takeing place in America,(induced by MEXICO) and City Governments are failing to reconize the Law as it is written...

My family needs help. I am placing a flag pole on the Corner 21 ft tall with a destress signal. All Vetrans. All reciepents of Medals, Our Constitution has been BREACHED.

PLEASE no matter what your age HELP MY FAMILY ?

U.S.A. Ret.

Contact me here at TOPIX. We will correspond and establish "SECURITY"...
bill

Fremont, CA

#166 Jul 1, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Pat! People falsely claiming to be an attorney, Dr., nurse, police officer, etc.... they get in trouble, but somebody falsely claiming to be a service member or vet and falsely claiming medals, nothing happens. I think they should be criminally charged too, because they are an insult to us who have served and rightfully earned our medals.
Get a CLUE. Your life is a joke. Anything you have done or witnessed, DID NOT HAPPEN.

All of your yapping is nothing but crap. City Governments will have what they choose. An YOU wil Agree. An If you do not TUFF CRAP. EAT IT.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#167 Jul 2, 2012
bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a CLUE. Your life is a joke. Anything you have done or witnessed, DID NOT HAPPEN.
All of your yapping is nothing but crap. City Governments will have what they choose. An YOU wil Agree. An If you do not TUFF CRAP. EAT IT.
Awe, wittle Bill wanna be still playing with GI Joe dolls and dreaming about being in the service when he grow out of his diapers.

Location hidden

#168 Jul 2, 2012
Wake up YOU muggles wrote:
boosh ruined our military, courts and banks!!!
ECONOMIST: 75% of Obamacare costs to fall on Americans making less than $120,000 a year...
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#169 Jul 2, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry pookie, they did say it does not meet the mandate threshold and was unconstitutional under that basis. The Supreme Court basically told America, if you want it vote for Obama, and if your don't Vote for Romney. Sixty Eight percent already said they did not want it..........caio Obama.
Under the commerce clause the Mandate was not constitutional, for the Federal Government to force citizens to participate in a certain market activity, but because the Mandate has the same characteristics of a Tax, and written in the Tax portion of the legislation that he Mandate and pending Fine was Constitutional since Congress has Taxing Authority.

The Chief Justice NEVER said the Mandate Fine was a Tax, that's a lie espoused by the Conservative Media Machine and gross mischaracterizing of the Opinion of the Court.

If you or others had not noticed, Congress has Taxing authority and the authority to levy Fines as a consequence for violations of the Federal Code, which the ACA qualifies.

It's obvious those of you who did not read the opinion, and those who are repeating the opinion of you handlers, those Paid Shrills over on Fox News and within the Conservative Network.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min You Talk Smack 293,121
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Subduction Zone 131,913
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Ari son of Anarchy 165,192
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 9 min barefoot2626 1,083
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,153,356
Not much chance of Congress stopping Cuba policy 17 min Maurice 9
The GOP, Race and Ted Nugent: If You Won't Deno... (Feb '14) 23 min chunky 34
Immigrants closer to driver's licenses in Arizona 1 hr INFIDEL 5
Republican Leader: Keystone Pipeline to Top Sen... 1 hr Foster 25
More from around the web