In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 1,142)

Showing posts 22,821 - 22,840 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“free your mind.”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23577
Jul 6, 2012
 
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
This one Brit I spoke too said 80% of the U.S was British in orgins.
I told him he was wrong. That less than 70% of the U.S is White & most of the U.S are German Americans.
He just didn't listen. For this British chimp he knew it all & anything that popped into his head was fact & didn't even have to research.
He just didn't get it & didn't seem embarassed by his MASSSIVE error.
British people I notice are typically like this.
British people are some of the most dumb people I have ever seen!
Very stupid island. Yeah a few smart Brits.
The mass majority of Brits seem super stupid.
completely pointless and meaningless response...

my white sheet is nearly dry...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23578
Jul 6, 2012
 
madscot wrote:
Are you serious? It's wrong because it's murder, you stupi MF'er. If you can't figure that out, you really are morally bankrupt. I guess you're a typical christian then
Yes, "Bringmedinner" is morally bankrupt, and all too typical for his kind. He tells us that without his faith, he would have no reason not to murder. He obviously believes that murder is not wrong unless a punitive sky daddy sees it. And that's just the beginning of his depravity. He is happy to scapegoat skeptics, and he is happy to use the extremely derogatory and provocative language to do so.

What do we think about such people? What should we do about them? Politely tolerate them? The Jews don't think so. They and their Anti-Defamation League won't tolerate this kind of talk about them, and I'll bet that they know a thing or two about the consequences of condoning such speech.

Some say don't be confrontational. I ask, why not? Because somebody might be turned off? Who cares? Being a spineless doormat turns me off.

Who else tolerates this kind of talk? Seriously - who else let's others call them vile, corrupt, and abominable? I say we need to kick it up a notch, and take the aggressive role in such conversations. If one of these religites wants to libel you or me, give his moral indignation back to him in spades - in language that makes it clear what is and is not acceptable, and offers an example for others. Nobody should sit for that kind of hate speech that doesn't need to.

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23579
Jul 6, 2012
 
Beatthesystem wrote:
<quoted text>
Another nonsense response.
You have not answered my reasoning.
You cannot.
more insults/ racism.
Fail.
your response doesnt reflect your IQ.. BQ contamination , you see.
You have no reason. You have "feelings"

You have no reason to anwser for. I am responding to your "feelings" with "feelings of anger & hatred"
Feelings beget feelings. So here are your f*cking feelings.

I am a racist!
I actually would rather hang around a more logical Black like Neil Tyson Degrasse or Thomas Sowell.
So go figure that one out?

Yeah I score a quite high IQ.
I use statistic & factual evidence to formulate reason.

Sometimes reason can't be based on feelings.

Dr Scarr & Dr Weinbergs "feelings" were that when Blacks & Whites were adopted into middle class households that he Black IQ would even out due to enviroment.

Dr Scarr & Dr Weinberg study showed that Blacks adopted into middle class households scored a 17 point lower IQ than Whites adopted into middle class households.

That is the fact. That Blacks still score lower IQ's in equal circumstances to Whites.

The emotions without guided reason were that Blacks would score equal IQ's in equal circumstances.

THE FACT IS THE REALITY.

“free your mind.”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23580
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
Degenerates & Stupid people bother.
So by default I pretty much despise Blacks, Hispanics & Muslims.
Asians don't bother me. They mostly contribute to the U.S & are smart with low crime rates.
Although some of the South East Asians in the U.S are a bit sh*tty.
I asked you why, not who.

and please dont say 'because they are stupid'..
cos then i will think you are.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23581
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
And I can give ample reason why your church is very, very wrong, and needs a little time out.
You don't speak for us. You are not qualified. As a Christian who post the kind of vile filth that you do, you are not morally fit to judge anything.
It's the Christian who can give no reasons for his ethical code better than that you found it in an ancient book. Since it is easily demonstrated that your god doesn't exist, your belief system, is inadequate. Ridiculous, too.
since it is so easy to demonstrate, would you please demonstrate it for us? I am serious. I still do not get it that hard atheists think they can say they know there is no god, or that some version of god does not exist, and think their word is law - and yet if some believer insiss that god exists, or their version of god exists, these same atheists mock them for having no evidence or proof. I still think the person who makes the definitive claim that something is easily demonstrted, the person should demonstrate it. same with the person who says he knows, or can prove. I think it is unnecessary to criticize believers in horrible gods and silly doctrines by opposing it with a hard atheist stand. all it takes is to say yuk to their nasty gods and doctrines, and explain why they are yukky - and would be just as yukky even if they were the truth. the god of these folks is horrid, evil, disgusting, immoral - in a word yukky. that is easy to demonstrate. easier than that it does not exist. look at the yukky things in the world? maybe they are evidence that such a yukky god does exist. seems like a good match to me, between the sadist god of nature and the sadist god of the bible. the point is to call them both sadists, and show reasons not to worship them or admire them - and then relieve the stress a bit by saying there are plenty of good reasons to think they don't exist and one should not worry too much. that is not the same thing as claiming to know they don't exist.

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23582
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Beatthesystem wrote:
<quoted text>
whats going down in rural mississipi..?
Mississippi is the most Black state in the U.S LOL

Liberals use Mississippi as an example look at how it scores at the bottom of IQ's education performance
At the highest of teen pregnancies.

It must not be the Blacks right?

LOLOLOL

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23583
Jul 6, 2012
 
Beatthesystem wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you why, not who.
and please dont say 'because they are stupid'..
cos then i will think you are.
Why do I despise stupid people & degenerates?

OH BOY. This is a tough one to figure out.

Why would anyone despise stupid people & degenerates.

I mean no one could have any sort of reason too right?

“free your mind.”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23584
Jul 6, 2012
 
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes of course Humans prefer to be with their own.
It is survivalistic & with good reason.
Differences cause conflict.
Thus it is Multiculturalism & Mass immigration that promotes racial & cultural conflict.
See Balkanization.
there are plenty of differences to cause conflict within nationalities, let alone between them..
how secular are you prepared to get..?

the purpose of evolving into more conscious and aware human beings is to get beyond that primitive stage.. that was my point..

“free your mind.”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23585
Jul 6, 2012
 
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I despise stupid people & degenerates?
OH BOY. This is a tough one to figure out.
Why would anyone despise stupid people & degenerates.
I mean no one could have any sort of reason too right?
keep thinking.. tick.. tick..

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23586
Jul 6, 2012
 
Why would anyone hate stupid people & degenerates?

We must have the best & brightest brains to ever live ponder this.

In order to figure out why people woould hate stupid people & degenerates.

We must bring back from the dead Nikola Tesla, Korolev, Wernher Von Braun, Thomas Edison, Da Vinci,Einstein, Neils Bohr, Theodor Kaluza, Max Planck, Ulam, Teller & Opperman, Newton, Theodor Porsche, Igor Sikorsky, Copernicus, Galileo , Gregor Mendel,

So they can study the reason why people would hate stupid people & degenerate.

We must do an extensive study for 500 years to find out why people hate stupid people & degenerates.

“free your mind.”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23587
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mississippi is the most Black state in the U.S LOL
Liberals use Mississippi as an example look at how it scores at the bottom of IQ's education performance
At the highest of teen pregnancies.
It must not be the Blacks right?
LOLOLOL
RACIST..
was I answering one of your socks..?

..takes white sheet out of tumble drier..
Johnny Gosch

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23588
Jul 6, 2012
 
Bush Gang and Bill Clinton-Blythe Rockefeller worshipping Molech/Lucifer/Satan with "mock" child sacrifice at Jewish homosexual nudist compound at Bohemian Grove in Monte Rio, California on Summer Solstice. Photo copyright Bohemian Club annual yearbook

"Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan,
who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie."
Christian Bible, Revelation 3:9

“He who gives his seed to Molech incurs no punishment.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 64a

“If one committed sodomy with a child of less than nine years, no guilt is incurred.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 54b

“It is permitted to consult by charm the spirits of oil and eggs, and make incantations.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 101a

“Women having intercourse with a beast can marry a priest, the act is but a mere wound.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Yebamoth 59a

“A harlot’s hire is permitted, for what the woman has received is legally a gift.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Abodah Zarah 62b-63a

“One can revile the Divine Name if mentally appling it to some other object.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 65a-b

One may declare:“Every vow which I may make in the future shall be null.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Nedarim 23a-23b

“If ten men smote a man with ten staves and he died, they are exempt from punishment.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 78a

“The Jew is the living God, God incarnate: he is the heavenly man.
The other men (non-Jew) are earthly, of inferior race.
They exist only to serve the Jew.
The Goyim (non Jew) are the cattle seed."
Jewish Cabala

"The whole concept of God is outdated; Judaism can function perfectly well without it.“
Rabbi Sherwin Wine

“Whoever gives any of his seed to Molech: he shall surely be put to death.”
Christian Bible, Leviticus 20:2

Bohemian Grove Exposed!- Jesus Is Savior
Bohemian Grove Exposed! The Dark Secrets of Bohemian Grove (Free Video —
1 Hour, 50 Minutes). You are listening to an actually MP3 recording of the ...

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi ...- 112k -
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23589
Jul 6, 2012
 
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, "Bringmedinner" is morally bankrupt, and all too typical for his kind. He tells us that without his faith, he would have no reason not to murder. He obviously believes that murder is not wrong unless a punitive sky daddy sees it. And that's just the beginning of his depravity. He is happy to scapegoat skeptics, and he is happy to use the extremely derogatory and provocative language to do so.
What do we think about such people? What should we do about them? Politely tolerate them? The Jews don't think so. They and their Anti-Defamation League won't tolerate this kind of talk about them, and I'll bet that they know a thing or two about the consequences of condoning such speech.
Some say don't be confrontational. I ask, why not? Because somebody might be turned off? Who cares? Being a spineless doormat turns me off.
Who else tolerates this kind of talk? Seriously - who else let's others call them vile, corrupt, and abominable? I say we need to kick it up a notch, and take the aggressive role in such conversations. If one of these religites wants to libel you or me, give his moral indignation back to him in spades - in language that makes it clear what is and is not acceptable, and offers an example for others. Nobody should sit for that kind of hate speech that doesn't need to.
Iagree with most of that. however one should not pick out the most disgusting hatefilled and nastiness spewing claimant to be a Christian on here, and then say that is typical of Christians in general. There is lots of variety among Christians - some are much worse than others. picking out the worst and calling him typical is unfair to the nicer ones.

Some day we skeptics will have need of the most decent of the believers - in many religions - for coalitions on some cause or another, and having insulting an entire group of one faith is not a good recruiting method, or contact point for building a coalition. There are probably Christians for Obama, and atheists against him. I would rather alienate a damned rightwing extremist atheist than a believer in a silly theology who nonetheless has a rather good ethic, personally, politically, economically, socially, etc. Suppose a Christian believes in a stewardship attitude toward planet earth - its land, water, air. Isn't that person an opponent of the rip it up exploit it make money off of it type person - whether that person is a fundie or an atheist? Do you think all atheists care about the fate of the planet, or humans, or children, animals, ecosystems, water, air? I don't. Atheism is nothing more or less than nonbelief in a god, and no fine moral feelings are required of an atheist. Just because most of us on topix who are atheists have a high ethical philosophy of caring, does not mean it is typical of all atheists, either!

I am happy to have friendly conversations with rightwingers on politics who are atheists, regarding the nonsense of some theological point - but the human being who believes in that silly point, and is kind and caring, and wants policies that are peaceloving and for social justice - is the better human being.

It is the consequences of the belief system that are so horrible, in the case of those who have these horrid beliefs and horrid policy views - the folks we mostly see on topix. It is the kind of world that will result if such folks vote their belief systems that we dread. Not all Christians have views that lead to horrid ethics. and not all atheists have good ethics, either.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23590
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, "Bringmedinner" is morally bankrupt, and all too typical for his kind.
Pot kettle black.

IANUS is morally bankrupt and (here) proved to be a liar.

Dirty hands...

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23591
Jul 6, 2012
 
Beatthesystem wrote:
<quoted text>
RACIST..
was I answering one of your socks..?
..takes white sheet out of tumble drier..
Yeah it is racist to point out that Mississippi is the most Black state.

It is not prejudice to hate on White Mississippians as ignorant, inbred hillbillies.

Got you ;-)

derpa de doo
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23592
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

it was madscot I was criticizing, not you. you had quoted his nasty comment. when you call him "all too typical for his kind" and that is correct, only "his kind" should not be taken to mean all Christians, and I do not think you intended that way. There are even some nicer evangelicals and fundamentalists here and there - including some who are environmentalists, and we need to be careful not to imply all fundies are evil (brainwashed maybe, stupid regarding religion maybe, but not necessarily morally bad persons). I really do not think you disagree with me, and I did not want you to think I was attacking you. I like you even when I challenge you and disagree a bit - such as on wording nonbelief as too hard a hard atheism. I like it that you are a strong participant on these discussions.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, "Bringmedinner" is morally bankrupt, and all too typical for his kind. He tells us that without his faith, he would have no reason not to murder. He obviously believes that murder is not wrong unless a punitive sky daddy sees it. And that's just the beginning of his depravity. He is happy to scapegoat skeptics, and he is happy to use the extremely derogatory and provocative language to do so.
What do we think about such people? What should we do about them? Politely tolerate them? The Jews don't think so. They and their Anti-Defamation League won't tolerate this kind of talk about them, and I'll bet that they know a thing or two about the consequences of condoning such speech.
Some say don't be confrontational. I ask, why not? Because somebody might be turned off? Who cares? Being a spineless doormat turns me off.
Who else tolerates this kind of talk? Seriously - who else let's others call them vile, corrupt, and abominable? I say we need to kick it up a notch, and take the aggressive role in such conversations. If one of these religites wants to libel you or me, give his moral indignation back to him in spades - in language that makes it clear what is and is not acceptable, and offers an example for others. Nobody should sit for that kind of hate speech that doesn't need to.

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23593
Jul 6, 2012
 
Beatthesystem wrote:
<quoted text>
keep thinking.. tick.. tick..
No I lied. You already said it I am a dishonest liar. I lied about hating stupid people & degenerates.

I actually love stupid people & degenerates "giggle" ^_^ hi hi

Our U.S prison system is filled with these great lovely stupid people & degenerates "giggle" I love them

I just want to go to the U.S prison system & give all of the U.S prisoners a big hug & kiss for their contribution to this great nation!
"giggle'
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23594
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

oops,not clear - madscot was the one who was nasty to bringmedinner, who is also nasty and a bad guy. madscot was arrogant and obscene, and he overgeneralized, but he was against the bad guy! I never met madscot before and will try to argue with him directly,and will probably get cursed out for my efforts. at least it is another hard atheist making a fool of himself being nasty - I haven't found a nasty agnostic atheist, and hope I never do.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23595
Jul 6, 2012
 
Johnny Gosch wrote:
Bush Gang and Bill Clinton-Blythe Rockefeller worshipping Molech/Lucifer/Satan with "mock" child sacrifice at Jewish homosexual nudist compound at Bohemian Grove in Monte Rio, California on Summer Solstice. Photo copyright Bohemian Club annual yearbook
"Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan,
who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie."
Christian Bible, Revelation 3:9
“He who gives his seed to Molech incurs no punishment.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 64a
“If one committed sodomy with a child of less than nine years, no guilt is incurred.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 54b
“It is permitted to consult by charm the spirits of oil and eggs, and make incantations.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 101a
“Women having intercourse with a beast can marry a priest, the act is but a mere wound.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Yebamoth 59a
“A harlot’s hire is permitted, for what the woman has received is legally a gift.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Abodah Zarah 62b-63a
“One can revile the Divine Name if mentally appling it to some other object.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 65a-b
One may declare:“Every vow which I may make in the future shall be null.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Nedarim 23a-23b
“If ten men smote a man with ten staves and he died, they are exempt from punishment.”
Jewish Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 78a
“The Jew is the living God, God incarnate: he is the heavenly man.
The other men (non-Jew) are earthly, of inferior race.
They exist only to serve the Jew.
The Goyim (non Jew) are the cattle seed."
Jewish Cabala
"The whole concept of God is outdated; Judaism can function perfectly well without it.“
Rabbi Sherwin Wine
“Whoever gives any of his seed to Molech: he shall surely be put to death.”
Christian Bible, Leviticus 20:2
Bohemian Grove Exposed!- Jesus Is Savior
Bohemian Grove Exposed! The Dark Secrets of Bohemian Grove (Free Video —
1 Hour, 50 Minutes). You are listening to an actually MP3 recording of the ...
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi ...- 112k -
you do realize this sounds a bit extreme, and not adequately documented. you would need a lot of documentation to convince people. one interesting thing you should check on if you are into the details of this thing - the Bohemiam place especially - is that Bill Casey apparently claimed to have been there when some folks thought they saw him in Europe meeting with Iranians arranging to have them not release the US hostages while Carter was President. I always wondered about that. Was Casey supposedly there in 1980 in the summer?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23596
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

straa wrote:
In world war one it took britain six months just to train the Americans in modern warfare
are you sure you want to criticize Americans to make a case against that nut you are arguing with? are you sure you want to put yourself on his level by discussing anything with him?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,821 - 22,840 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••