Romney on jobs report: 'Kick in the gut'

Full story: The Washington Post

Jul. 6, 2012 - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney says the nation's ongoing sluggish job growth is unacceptable and his policies would work better than President Obama's. He calls another flat jobs report a "kick in the gut" that must end.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Jul 6, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

TOTALLY RIGHT ON!..Where is the Jobs Bill THAT was promised by our Prez...FOUR FREAKIN' YEARS AGO?? Yeah..pass THAT FREAKIN' Healthcare ObamaCare..BEFORE the Jobs Bill....Is this stupid or WHAT?? People are out of work..How are they gonna pay for this??? ROMNEY 2012!!
Jacques Clouseau

Pont-rouge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This disgusting richy rich rich boy who has made billions by shipping American jobs to China needs to keep his disgusting running suck of a mouth shut up. And his richy rich whorepig wife needs to shut up as well. PIG!
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jacques Clouseau wrote:
This disgusting richy rich rich boy who has made billions by shipping American jobs to China needs to keep his disgusting running suck of a mouth shut up. And his richy rich whorepig wife needs to shut up as well. PIG!
Judging by your comment, I wonder if the only 'smarties' in Canada are the ones made in the candy factory.
mtc123

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Jacques Clouseau wrote:
This disgusting richy rich rich boy who has made billions by shipping American jobs to China needs to keep his disgusting running suck of a mouth shut up. And his richy rich whorepig wife needs to shut up as well. PIG!
Vile heinous tirades such as this are considered 'reasoned debate' among liberals. CAN ONE LIBERAL MAKE ONE COMMENT WITHOUT INSULTS AND VULGARITY. I have yet to see it. Oh by the way, have you turned in all your guns yet, Canada? Your gun confiscation law is an exact duplicate of Hitler's. Good luck.
mtc123

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

According to the Treasury Dept., the national debt increases $8.9 Billion EVERY DAY. Obama has spent more money than anyone in history. None of it was his.
mtc123

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Obama's financial training = NONE
Obama's private sector job experience = NONE
Obama's business experience = NONE
Obama's prior management experience = NONE
Obama's military experience = NONE
Obama's diplomatic experience = NONE
mtc123

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Regarding B. Obama
Harvard Law Review articles - None (maybe 1, but not signed)
How he paid for his Occidental, Columbia and Harvard education Not released
LSAT score not released
University of Chicago scholarly articles None found
Law practice client list - Not released
Financial records while a community organizer in Chicago Not released
Annenburg Project records - Not released
Illinois State Senate records - None (Locked up to prohibit public view)
Illinois State Senate schedule -'Lost'(ALL other Illinois state senators' records are intact)
Medical records - Not released
Passport - Not released
Why his social security number allegedly starts with 042, a number issued in Connecticut sometime during 1976-1977.
mtc123

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What about this Mr. Soetoro?
Father's name and address, and if dead, his death certificate. Not released
Mother's death certificate showing who survivors are. Not released
Mother probate estate records showing who heirs are. Not released
In addition to being simply "Not released" most of these records are SEALED.
He declared, "We do not have time for this kind of silliness."

Ummm... Barry you have been hiding it for 2 years and have spent over $1M on lawyers to keep it hidden.
Kind of silly, Hussein.
Kind of reminds me Hillary's Rose Law Firm records showing up in the White House living quarters two years after they were subpoenaed.
How about releasing your college transcripts Barry.
I had to provide mine when I enlisted in the Army.
YOU ARE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF.
Etch A Sketch

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Colorado Chick wrote:
TOTALLY RIGHT ON!..Where is the Jobs Bill THAT was promised by our Prez...FOUR FREAKIN' YEARS AGO?? Yeah..pass THAT FREAKIN' Healthcare ObamaCare..BEFORE the Jobs Bill....Is this stupid or WHAT?? People are out of work..How are they gonna pay for this??? ROMNEY 2012!!
"For the third straight month, the job picture in the United States has been disappointing. Any chance lawmakers might pick up the major provisions of the American Jobs Act, most of which have traditionally enjoyed bipartisan support, and which independent economists believe would have a significant impact?

Well, no. Republican lawmakers are absolutely convinced the jobs report is Obama's fault, even though they killed his jobs plan, and despite the fact that they were taking credit for themselves when the jobs picture looked strong earlier this year.(Why does the GOP get credit for February 2012 jobs, but avoid blame for June 2012 jobs? The answer is simple: shut up.)

But don't worry, Americans can take some comfort in knowing Congress won't take the economic news lying down. Dave Weigel has the story.

For any lover of American prose, the political statements that follow lousy jobs reports are clip-and-save treasures. Michele Bachmann assures us that the economy is struggling because of "uncertainty." Mitt Romney wants the "kick in the gut" to end. Amid all the verbs and gerunds expressing disappointment, Eric Cantor gives us a sort of heads-up about how Congress will respond.... The House will hold yet another vote on full repeal of the Affordable Care Act.

It will pass, and die in the Senate. Tread carefully. After that vote, you don't want to be mobbed on the street by newly certainty-infused people offering you jobs.

House Republicans can't pass -- or even consider -- a meaningful jobs bill, but they can vote to kill health care reform for the third or fourth time (it's tough to keep track). The economy will no doubt sour as the House majority votes to take health care coverage away from millions, pushing a bill they know can't pass. Eliminating health care benefits, as a practical matter, is the GOP jobs plan.

To be sure, it'll make Cantor feel good about himself to go through this charade. I wonder if the unemployed will feel equally good knowing the House GOP leadership is more concerned with hollow, regressive theatrics than job creation."
RM

Obama's Jobs initiative was delivered to everyone, Republicans refuse to put it into action, then try to blame Obama for not having one?!!??!!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
mtc123

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

P0RN0GRAPHER LARRY FLYNT revealed that he's now
A HARDC0RE SUPPORTER OF PRESIDENT OBAMA.

"I think President Obama has over performed," Flynt says.

Flynt went on to say, "I did have a very profound religious experience in the 70s,"
Flynt said. "I sought out a psychiatrist immediately after it happened to me."

SUPPORTERS OF OBAMA AGREE WITH THIS MAN.
DEMOCRATS: DO YOUR CHILDREN KNOW YOU AGREE 100% WITH LARRY FLYNT?
Etch A Sketch

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"Perhaps now would be a good time for a reality check. Last fall, Obama said the job market wasn't nearly strong enough, and he proposed an ambitious jobs plan called the American Jobs Act. Independent estimates showed that the policy, if implemented, would create as many as 1.9 million U.S. jobs in 2012 alone. Congressional Republicans, however, killed it.

Indeed, consider this pattern of events:

1. With the job market struggling, Obama unveils the American Jobs Act, a State of the Union agenda filled with economic measures, and an economic "to-do list."

2. Republican lawmakers ignore the proposals, and the job market deteriorates.

3. The GOP then blames Obama when job numbers disappoint.

The accepted truth this morning is that weak job numbers are absolute, concrete, incontrovertible proof that the president's jobs agenda isn't working. News flash: we aren't trying Obama's jobs agenda.

It's only natural for the public to want to blame someone when they're frustrated, and Obama's the one in the Oval Office. If the president had a "push here to create jobs" button on his desk, holding him responsible might even make sense. But it wasn't Obama who laid off 600,000 state and local public-sector workers; it wasn't Obama who decided to leave construction workers idle despite the need for infrastructure projects; it wasn't Obama who told the Fed to sit on its hands; and it wasn't Obama who asked Congress to ignore job growth for the last year and a half."
RM
Chadwick C Howell IV

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Indeed. Romney is correct,the American worker could use another kick in the gut. High unemployment numbers are good....as long as the investment class is making lots of money. Romney is experienced in such endeavors. As a founder of the wonderful and anti-American worker organization known as Bain Capital,Romney will see to it that American companies are rewarded and given tax credits for moving operations to India,China and Mexico.

I know when I moved the manufacturing plant I inherited from my Father during the Bush administration,I received quite a big series of tax breaks. In fact,I purchased a third vacation home from those tax breaks. These monies/breaks were compounded by the tax breaks given to the one percent as part of Bush's tax breaks for the wealthy. I even bought two Ferrari automobiles. One for myself and one for my 14 yr old son,Chadwick C Howell V.

Mitt Romney understands that it is the rich that make this country great. Men such as Donald Trump and Glenn Beck make America great. Women such as Paris Hilton and Leona Helmsley is what makes America what it is. The little people are just that....little. They're expendable and a man of Romney's lineage and class understands this well.

Vote for Mitt Romney. He has pledged to take care and look after Wall St,trust-fund types,and the most important individuals of our republic,the one percent!

Well,I'm off to the country-club for a round of golf!!

It's good to be king!
Quit

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Colorado Chick wrote:
!!
lying - Corporate criminal activity in the financial sector has wrecked the world economy. The stimulus saved the economy here from a depression. The house of representatives have not acted on his jobs bill from last year and are prolonging the deregulation mess.
lunatic

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

mtc123 wrote:
.
fringe

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 6, 2012
 
Kick this Obama to the dirty curb..He sucks
mtc123

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 6, 2012
 
Lot's of Kool-Aid drinkers here today.
Keep believing.
Life is fine on the DEMOCRAT PLANTATION.
mtc123

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 6, 2012
 
Quit wrote:
<quoted text>
lying - Corporate criminal activity in the financial sector has wrecked the world economy. The stimulus saved the economy here from a depression. The house of representatives have not acted on his jobs bill from last year and are prolonging the deregulation mess.
After the economy added 310,000 jobs in May 2004 and the unemployment rate was 5.6%, then-candidate Barack Obama used the Democrat weekly radio address to attack the Bush administration for citing good economic numbers.
mtc123

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 6, 2012
 
Yo, Chadwick C Howell IV

After the economy added 310,000 jobs in May 2004 and the unemployment rate was 5.6%, then-candidate Barack Obama used the Democrat weekly radio address to attack the Bush administration for citing good economic numbers.
mtc123

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 6, 2012
 
Etch A Sketch wrote:
"Perhaps now would be a good time for a reality check. Last fall, Obama said the job market wasn't nearly strong enough, and he proposed an ambitious jobs plan called the American Jobs Act. Independent estimates showed that the policy, if implemented, would create as many as 1.9 million U.S. jobs in 2012 alone. Congressional Republicans, however, killed it.
Indeed, consider this pattern of events:
1. With the job market struggling, Obama unveils the American Jobs Act, a State of the Union agenda filled with economic measures, and an economic "to-do list."
2. Republican lawmakers ignore the proposals, and the job market deteriorates.
3. The GOP then blames Obama when job numbers disappoint.
The accepted truth this morning is that weak job numbers are absolute, concrete, incontrovertible proof that the president's jobs agenda isn't working. News flash: we aren't trying Obama's jobs agenda.
It's only natural for the public to want to blame someone when they're frustrated, and Obama's the one in the Oval Office. If the president had a "push here to create jobs" button on his desk, holding him responsible might even make sense. But it wasn't Obama who laid off 600,000 state and local public-sector workers; it wasn't Obama who decided to leave construction workers idle despite the need for infrastructure projects; it wasn't Obama who told the Fed to sit on its hands; and it wasn't Obama who asked Congress to ignore job growth for the last year and a half."
RM
After the economy added 310,000 jobs in May 2004 and the unemployment rate was 5.6%, then-candidate Barack Obama used the Democrat weekly radio address to attack the Bush administration for citing good economic numbers.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 6, 2012
 
This Obama admin = Just smoke and mirrors

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••