'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
wow

Augusta, KY

#39208 May 7, 2012
Really all the comments. on this.
Jay

Paris, TN

#39209 May 7, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Jay I know I cut up a lot.
But when I write something like that it's from my heart.
No matter how I feel on a particular political subject...I'm American first and foremost.
I can tell you are as well my friend!:)
*********
Yes, I agree. Some of these anti-Jay people on here don't believe me when I said I worked for many years in records....records of all kinds.

For a good 12 years I worked in military archives. The collection dated from the Civil War through WW2 and Korea. Usually the families keep these war mementoes until they (the soldier) is gone, and then they donate it to either a museum or somewhere where they know it will be kept perpetually.

I have sat for hours and read the sentiments of veteran's of the Civil War, and both sides had one thing in common: a love of country in spite of their differences. The poetry of the times, and thoughts of Americans were nothing but patriotic - I have read diaries of WW1 vets as well as letters of soldiers in the field during the Civil War. As I said, despite their differences they had one thing in common: love of country. Unless you read these kinds of things, you can't see how the American people have changed. Veterans use to give small 6" Flags to school children on Memorial Day. Most schools stopped the practice claiming that the kids would sword fight with the little flags and they were worried the kids would hurt one another.

You can see the changes in our country if you could only read how early Americans and veterans felt about the Flag and patriotism. On Memorial Day one flew on every house. The women's auxiliary lauded over the men (as you know not as many women went to battlefields in those days - some did but not like today) and women raised the money for many things for the organization - fixed huge dinners for the men after the parades and sold things they made by hand to raise money for the reunions.

Many were from early immigrant families who had become citizens and were proud to be it.

So yeah - I understood what you were saying.

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

#39211 May 7, 2012
wow wrote:
Really all the comments. on this.
Explain...Please?
small minds

Bowling Green, KY

#39212 May 7, 2012
Yawn! Hope u guys perfect the world through this thread!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#39213 May 7, 2012

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

#39214 May 7, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
*********
Yes, I agree. Some of these anti-Jay people on here don't believe me when I said I worked for many years in records....records of all kinds.
For a good 12 years I worked in military archives. The collection dated from the Civil War through WW2 and Korea. Usually the families keep these war mementoes until they (the soldier) is gone, and then they donate it to either a museum or somewhere where they know it will be kept perpetually.
I have sat for hours and read the sentiments of veteran's of the Civil War, and both sides had one thing in common: a love of country in spite of their differences. The poetry of the times, and thoughts of Americans were nothing but patriotic - I have read diaries of WW1 vets as well as letters of soldiers in the field during the Civil War. As I said, despite their differences they had one thing in common: love of country. Unless you read these kinds of things, you can't see how the American people have changed. Veterans use to give small 6" Flags to school children on Memorial Day. Most schools stopped the practice claiming that the kids would sword fight with the little flags and they were worried the kids would hurt one another.
You can see the changes in our country if you could only read how early Americans and veterans felt about the Flag and patriotism. On Memorial Day one flew on every house. The women's auxiliary lauded over the men (as you know not as many women went to battlefields in those days - some did but not like today) and women raised the money for many things for the organization - fixed huge dinners for the men after the parades and sold things they made by hand to raise money for the reunions.
Many were from early immigrant families who had become citizens and were proud to be it.
So yeah - I understood what you were saying.
I have a friend,his niece died in tower two on 9/11.
I'll never forget his face...in fact it haunts me sometime.
He came in the office where I worked and just said goodbye I'm going back home to New Jersey...just need to go help he said!
I remember thinking I should go with him.
I could have took a little time off from work,but I didn't...so I live with that regret.
YOUR PATRIOTISM SHOWS JAY IN A BIG WAY!
But there will always be things people disagree with!
I get that little clueless light bulb all the time..:0
American Lady

Danville, KY

#39215 May 7, 2012

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

#39216 May 7, 2012
small minds wrote:
Yawn! Hope u guys perfect the world through this thread!
Thanks for the input!
You might want to write this down.
Perfection is unattainable
But through effort we gain admiration.
So try harder next time!
Jay

Paris, TN

#39217 May 7, 2012
American Lady wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_p opup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28%3Chttp ://www.youtube.com/watch_popup ?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28
**********

What BS! Islam has always been a part of America?

Then my teacher's have failed me because I remember none of this during my high school years. In 8th grade what I do remember is having to sit in front of my teacher and recite, "We The People" all the way to the end, or come back later and do it again until we got it right.

In our junior year in American History we learned about American History and had to pass that test in order to become Seniors.

In our Senior year we had to pass the Civics -all about our government - hardcore tests and lots of studying in order to graduate.

Not one class or teacher told us that Islam has always been a part of America, or anything that resembles this. Not one text taught us that Islam was ever a part of this countries founding, etc, and all the BS he said.

How can any true, patriotic American buy into this BS?

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

#39218 May 7, 2012
35‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37“Then the righteous will answer Him,‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40“The King will answer and say to them,‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’
Please remember if at all possible donate to your local Food-Bank!
Thank you!
Good night....
tofy
American Lady

Danville, KY

#39219 May 7, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
**********
What BS! Islam has always been a part of America?
Then my teacher's have failed me because I remember none of this during my high school years. In 8th grade what I do remember is having to sit in front of my teacher and recite, "We The People" all the way to the end, or come back later and do it again until we got it right.
In our junior year in American History we learned about American History and had to pass that test in order to become Seniors.
In our Senior year we had to pass the Civics -all about our government - hardcore tests and lots of studying in order to graduate.
Not one class or teacher told us that Islam has always been a part of America, or anything that resembles this. Not one text taught us that Islam was ever a part of this countries founding, etc, and all the BS he said.
How can any true, patriotic American buy into this BS?
We had to "memorize" lots of patriotic things when I was in grade school to pass... Said the "Pledge of Allegiance" every morning.....then one day it just all fades away....
Now they complain about "political correctness"......
I say PC needs to go the way of the do-do(long 0) bird......
Extinct!!!!!OUR borders need to be more secured and a LOT of peeps "deported"....Althou gh WE have "homegrown" terrorists NOW!!!!!!
Infiltrated......

It's ALL so sad.....):
....and sickening.
Jay

Paris, TN

#39220 May 7, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Here's one JAY you really need to listen to...it's
fantastic. I'd say you'll like it!
http://youtu.be/APLXWJVtX-w
********

Yeeup!
I did.
Thx.
Jay

Paris, TN

#39222 May 7, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>I have a friend,his niece died in tower two on 9/11.
I'll never forget his face...in fact it haunts me sometime.
He came in the office where I worked and just said goodbye I'm going back home to New Jersey...just need to go help he said!
I remember thinking I should go with him.
I could have took a little time off from work,but I didn't...so I live with that regret.
YOUR PATRIOTISM SHOWS JAY IN A BIG WAY!
But there will always be things people disagree with!
I get that little clueless light bulb all the time..:0
********

We also have a friend who is a corporate attorney whose office was on the 85th floor of tower one. That week he was rescheduled to his Chicago office, and was scheduled to his other office the next week. It was like a swap. I never asked what happened to all the stuff that office held that went down with tower one. I know his sister told me he lost a lot of friends and co-workers.
Was just not his time I guess.

Re: your last two sentences. I did not grow up in the South, but I have always heard the old-timers talk about when the South had Conservative Democrats. For the life of me I can't figure out what that means.

Did I miss something?
Jay

Paris, TN

#39223 May 7, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
We had to "memorize" lots of patriotic things when I was in grade school to pass... Said the "Pledge of Allegiance" every morning.....then one day it just all fades away....
Now they complain about "political correctness"......
I say PC needs to go the way of the do-do(long 0) bird......
Extinct!!!!!OUR borders need to be more secured and a LOT of peeps "deported"....Althou gh WE have "homegrown" terrorists NOW!!!!!!
Infiltrated......
It's ALL so sad.....):
....and sickening.
********

There was not a day when the Pledge was not recited in school. There was an American Flag in every corner. This is what is wrong. Those who find our country so enlightening that they sneak in to live here, do not want to assimilate. They want us to break our country in parts and sections to accommodate the foreigners and Muslims who by their very religion seeks to overtake us.

We will go down the tubes as a country if we don't get the people who support these types of changes out of government...

starting with the next election.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#39224 May 7, 2012
May 7th, 2012
09:58 PM ET

NC candidate pushing birther theory

Dr. John Whitley, a candidate for Congress in North Carolina says President Obama's birth certificate is a forgery.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/07/nc-cand...
Jay

Paris, TN

#39225 May 7, 2012
We need to pay closer attention to what we are eating that is being imported from China. Read the label and put it back. This stuff is nasty. Can anyone justify what these imbiciles are doing?

~~~~~~~

China Still Selling “Health Pills” Made From Aborted, Dead Babies

News reports today are focusing on an update of a South Korean SBS TV documentary released last August that focuses on Chinese pharmaceutical companies selling “health pills” made from the bodies of babies dying in abortion and miscarriages.

Chinese hospitals and abortion clinics are notifying pharmaceutical companies when a baby dies. The companies purchase the bodies of the deceased children and reportedly store them in private refrigerators of families who are paid to help the companies avoid suspicion by locating the bodies off site.

The documentary says the highly-secretive process involves putting the babies’ bodies in a medical drying microwave and grinding them into pills. The ground baby powder is then placed in a capsule and sold as a stamina enhancer, according to the documentary.

http://www.lifenews.com :80/2012/05/07/china-still-sel ling-health-pills-made-from-ab orted-dead-babies/
American Lady

Danville, KY

#39226 May 7, 2012
Jay wrote:
We need to pay closer attention to what we are eating that is being imported from China. Read the label and put it back. This stuff is nasty. Can anyone justify what these imbiciles are doing?
~~~~~~~
China Still Selling “Health Pills” Made From Aborted, Dead Babies
News reports today are focusing on an update of a South Korean SBS TV documentary released last August that focuses on Chinese pharmaceutical companies selling “health pills” made from the bodies of babies dying in abortion and miscarriages.
Chinese hospitals and abortion clinics are notifying pharmaceutical companies when a baby dies. The companies purchase the bodies of the deceased children and reportedly store them in private refrigerators of families who are paid to help the companies avoid suspicion by locating the bodies off site.
The documentary says the highly-secretive process involves putting the babies’ bodies in a medical drying microwave and grinding them into pills. The ground baby powder is then placed in a capsule and sold as a stamina enhancer, according to the documentary.
http://www.lifenews.com :80/2012/05/07/china-still-sel ling-health-pills-made-from-ab orted-dead-babies/
I've heard of baby fet....can't type it.....in pepsi....
Jay

Paris, TN

#39227 May 7, 2012
American Lady wrote:
May 7th, 2012
09:58 PM ET
NC candidate pushing birther theory
Dr. John Whitley, a candidate for Congress in North Carolina says President Obama's birth certificate is a forgery.
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/07/nc-cand...
~~~

Did you catch this one?

Now a witness to Breitbart's death vanishes.

http://www.wnd.com :80/2012/05/now-a-witness-to-b reitbarts-death-disappears/
American Lady

Danville, KY

#39228 May 7, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Did you catch this one?
Now a witness to Breitbart's death vanishes.
http://www.wnd.com :80/2012/05/now-a-witness-to-b reitbarts-death-disappears/
Yes, I saw it. And the one about the coroner's co-worker...
Strange and scary stuff going down.....

Time for some rest.....ttyl...;-)
Jay

Paris, TN

#39229 May 7, 2012
American Lady wrote:
May 7th, 2012
09:58 PM ET
NC candidate pushing birther theory
Dr. John Whitley, a candidate for Congress in North Carolina says President Obama's birth certificate is a forgery.
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/07/nc-cand...
~~~

From all that's been said and shown to be O's original BC, I don't believe for a minute this is an exact copy of an original vaulted copy.

CS says that just because I made the statement that it doesn't resemble anything I've ever seen in records, does not mean that Hawaii has to do it the way I think they should - or words to that affect. But I stand confirmed that there is absolutely nothing difficult in getting an exact, original vault copy of anyone's BC if that's what you would want. But then why does Hawaii say they have seen the original, but did anyone say, "original Hawaiian BC?" If so I've never heard this.

And why is it that only a couple of people are so privy to see the original? Handling a 50 year old document will not do any damage to it if it's handled correctly. People handle these records decades older than his. I have original marriage certificates older than he is. I've handled records dating back to 1848, and if there is a question of acid traces from fingers, white gloves are issued. So no damage done there.

And why did they say O could come and see his original vault copy, when it sounds like he would not be allowed to have the original, only see it?

None of this makes any sense at all. IMO.

I might add that the paper used by Civil War soldiers from note paper sent from home, is of higher quality than the paper we use in tablet form today. The fibers are evident and the paper looks as good as it did back at that time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Patrick 1,110,412
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 1 min DebraE 4,165
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 3 min Buybull Mullahs 431
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 min Abdurratln 2,738
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Full Circle Karma 262,379
Opinion Line 4 min kuda 62
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 5 min Professor Jumper 18
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 58 min woodtick57 100
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr DanFromSmithville 116,637
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••