Since: Aug 08
#92788 Jul 22, 2012
Why would anyone anyone want to see a Batman movie in the first place?
That cinema is not for kids. And the adults need to grow up someday.
I say Hollywood is just as culpable for the downward spiral of decadence. The public demands violence, and Hollywood delivers.
I understand Grande Theft Auto is also a very popular attraction for the feeble minded.
#92789 Jul 22, 2012
I most definitely agree with all your statement. They are in essence, by making laws of gun control for safety, taking AWAY safety, and do NOT even realize iT!....or do they?
It's ALL about "control!"
About who is most powerful.
Government or the people......
#92790 Jul 22, 2012
With Gun Control, Canadian Criminals Are Making A Killing
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn’t do it.”–William Burroughs
When I lived in Spokane, Wash., I exercised my right as an American citizen to own a handgun. As an American living in Canada, I no longer have that right. And while there may be fewer guns in Canada, I feel less safe than I did in the U.S. That is because up here it is the criminals that have guns.
There is no constitutional right to bear arms in Canada. Instead, most of us hope that we won’t someday look down the barrel of a gun drawn by a felon.
It is a worry I hope Americans don’t ever have to live with.
“zero nuclear weapons”
Since: Sep 08
#92791 Jul 22, 2012
Are you F*cking nuts about another person who could have had a conceal perment to carry a gun and they fired back at the shooter!!
They would have NO TRAINING to do that.
“zero nuclear weapons”
Since: Sep 08
#92792 Jul 22, 2012
Look at the very early Batman comics where Batman carried a Gun
These early stories depicted a vengeful Batman, not hesitant to kill when he saw it as a necessary sacrifice. In one of the early stories, he is depicted using a gun to stop a group of giant assailants. This is from the te early 1940's
#92795 Jul 22, 2012
I do not know whether you are a he or a she, either way you are an IDIOTic human being.
I guess you think someone would "get killed or shot" IF he had 'no training'......
LOOK how MANY got "SHOT and KILLED" you DAMNED idiot!
Forgive me Lord, for I have just sinned.
I spoke out in anger.
Tho possibly 'righteous anger'.....
#92796 Jul 22, 2012
Colorado Concealed Carry Permit Information
Shall Issue to Residents only:
Colorado Concealed Weapon Permit
You can apply to the sheriff of your home county, the sheriff of the county in which you own or rent real property to operate a business, or the sheriff of the county in which you currently hold a permit.
1. Colorado resident
2. Age 21 or older
3. Not precluded by state or federal law from owning or possessing a firearm (e.g. felony conviction, mentally incompetent)
4. Does not chronically or habitually abuse alcohol
5. Is not an unlawful user of or addicted to controlled substances
6. Is not the subject of a civil or criminal restraining order
7. Complete background check, including fingerprint verification by FBI/CBI
8. Demonstrates competence with a handgun by one of the following means:
a. evidence of experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competitions or current military service
b. certified firearms instructor
c. honorable discharge from the Armed Forces within past three years
d. proof of pistol qualification in Armed Forces within past ten years, if discharged
e. retired law enforcement with pistol qualification within past ten years
f. proof of completion of a handgun training class within the past ten years
1. Completed application
2. Copy of your training certificate
3. Cop0y of your driver’s license
4. State ID Card or Passport photo
5. Application Fee
Change of Name or Address:
You need to notify the issuing sheriff of your change of address within thirty days after you move.
Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Permits:
Informing Law Enforcement of Carry:
You may carry concealed in an automobile for protection while traveling or for any other lawful purpose while lawfully engaged in hunting.
Places off-limits when carrying:
1. Any place prohibited by federal law (e.g. federal offices or courthouse)
2. Any property of public school grades kindergarten through 12, unless the firearm remains inside a container in a locked vehicle
3. Any public building that prohibits ALL weapons which posts guards and permanent metal detectors at all entrances and requires all entrants to surrender handguns to security personnel before entry
Alcohol and Drugs:
It is unlawful to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances.
Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine:
Colorado is a Castle Doctrine state and does have a stand-your-ground law.
Unrestricted under state law; localities may regulate this aspect independently.
#92797 Jul 22, 2012
Right. If only this nut had feared he might be shot by someone returning fire. I'm sure that would have discouraged him. I mean he's obviously rational
#92798 Jul 22, 2012
Illinois Concealed Carry Permit Information
Click here to view the Illinois Concealed Carry Permit Map at the bottom of the page.
Illinois does not issue concealed weapon permits. Possession of a firearm or ammunition generally requires an Illinois Firearm Owner’s Identification Card (FOID) which does not allow you to carry concealed.
Prohibited in all public areas.
There is more than one way to legally transport a firearm. However, in order to be in compliance with all statutes, it is recommended all firearms be transported:
Enclosed in a case and,
By persons who have a valid FOID card.
Non- residents must be legally eligible to possess or acquire firearms and ammunition in their state of residence. It is recommended that, in order to be in compliance with all statutes, non-residents transport all firearms:
Enclosed in a case, and
Not immediately accessible or broken down in a nonfunctioning state.
#92799 Jul 22, 2012
Ive been seeing a commercial on TV about a petition to make the Obama produce the requested documentation to prove that he is citizen? and is qualified to be president?
#92800 Jul 22, 2012
Kentucky Concealed Carry Permit Information
Shall Issue to Residents Only
Kentucky State Police
Permits are valid for five years.
1. Be a resident of Kentucky for at least six months prior to filing the application or a member of the Armed Forces of the United States who is on active duty, who is at the time of application assigned to a military posting in Kentucky, and who has been assigned to a posting in Kentucky for six months or longer immediately preceding the filing of the application; and
2. Be twenty-one (21) years of age or older; and
3. Not be under indictment for, or have been convicted of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year; and
4. Not be a fugitive from justice; and
5. Not be an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance; and
6. Not have been adjudicated as a mental defective or have committed to a mental institution; and
7. Not have been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions; and
8. Not be subject to a domestic violence order or emergency protective order; and
9. Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (see section below for discussion of misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence); and
10. Not be prohibited from the purchase, receipt or possession of firearms, ammunition or both pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 922(g), 18 U.S.C. 922(n), or applicable state law; and
11. Not have been committed to a state or federal facility for abuse of a controlled substance or convicted of a misdemeanor relating to a controlled substance within the three-year period immediately preceding the date the application was submitted; and
12. Not have two or more convictions for violating KRS 189A.010 (Operating motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or other substance which impairs driving ability) within the three (3) years immediately preceding the date on which the application is submitted; and
13. Not have been committed as an alcoholic pursuant to KRS Chapter 222 or similar laws of another state within the three (3) year period immediately preceding the date on which the application is submitted; and
14. Not owe a child support arrearage which equals or exceeds the cumulative amount which would be owed after one (1) year of nonpayment; and
15. Have complied with any subpoena or warrant relating to child support or paternity proceedings; and
16. Have not been convicted of a violation of KRS 508.030 (Assault in the fourth degree) or 508.080 (Terroristic Threatening in the third degree) within the three years immediately preceding the date on which the application is submitted; and
17. Demonstrate competence with a firearm by successful completion of a firearms safety or training course offered or approved by the Department of Criminal Justice Training.
1. The application form, completed under oath
2. Name, Address, Date of Birth, Gender and Social Security Number.
3. Recent color photograph: full head shot no smaller than 3 ½ x 4 nor larger than 4×5 inches.
4. A photocopy of a certificate or an affidavit or document certifying completion of a firearms training course offered or approved by the Department of Criminal Justice Training.
Firearms (rifles, shotguns and handguns) may be carried loaded and in plain view; loaded handguns may be carried in the glove compartment
Alcohol and Drugs:
Also, KRS 527.070 prohibits unlawful possession (whether carried openly or concealed) of a weapon on school property, except for certain specified exceptions. KRS 244.125 prohibits loaded firearms (concealed or otherwise) in places where alcohol is sold by the drink, except for certain specified exceptions.
Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine:
Kentucky is a Castle Doctrine state and does have a stand-your-ground law.
Unrestricted in most public areas and generally accepted.
#92803 Jul 22, 2012
• But the US does not have the worst firearm murder rate - that prize belongs to Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica. In fact, the US is number 28, with a rate of 2.97 per 100,000 people
#92804 Jul 22, 2012
Only law-abiding armed citizens can prevent more Auroras
What was some of the first "reporting" by the news media? In a now infamous act by ABC's Brian Ross, he got political. Instead of focusing on the extraordinary stories of heroism by first responders, the efforts by churchgoers who, in another theatre, rushed out to carry victims to safety and minister to those who were targeted by a psychopathic stranger, Ross decided this obscene event would be a great opportunity to confer blame on the Tea Party.
#92805 Jul 22, 2012
While ABC was the only network to go that far (they have since apologized), President Obama was declaring that there would be "other days for politics", yet almost immediately, his spokesman at the White House took the advice of Obama guru Rahm Emanuel and decided to "not let a good crisis go to waste" by announcing a commitment to further gun control.
These liberal zealots have no shame – as they know that there was only one thing that could have stopped the carnage in that theatre: an armed, law-abiding citizenry. In fact, armed Coloradans have already proven how they save lives. In 2007, the mass shooting in Colorado Springs at New Life Church stopped only when churchgoer and concealed-weapon carrier Jeanne Assam shot and killed the suspect, ultimately saving hundreds of lives.
#92806 Jul 22, 2012
President Barack Obama
is to visit Colorado to honour victims of Friday's gun attack at a Batman film screening that left 12 people dead.
The White House said Mr Obama would meet survivors and families of victims, as well as local officials in Aurora.
In his weekly radio address, he called for prayer and reflection on the gun rampage in the Denver suburb.
Pope Benedict has voiced "deep shock" over the attack which left another 58 people injured, some critically.
James Holmes, 24, currently being held in solitary confinement for his own safety, is alleged to have opened fire during a packed midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises.
Names of the dead
Jessica Ghawi, 24
Veronica Moser, 6
John Larimer, 27
Alexander Boik, 18
Jesse Childress, 29
Jonathan Blunk, 26
Rebecca Ann Wingo, 32
Alex Sullivan, 27
Gordon Cowden, 51
Micayla Medek, 23
Alexander Teves, 24
Matthew McQuinn, 27 (presumptively identified, awaiting confirmation)
Aurora shootings: The victims
Profile: James Holmes
People have been laying flowers near the Century cinema, where the shooting occurred.
An evening vigil, organised by local community and religious leaders, is due to take place in front of Aurora city hall later on Sunday.
Mr Obama's visit comes a day after police cleared James Holmes's flat of explosives which could have killed people entering via the door.
Both Mr Obama and his Republican Party challenger, Mitt Romney, curtailed their election campaigns in the wake of the Aurora attack, dropping advertising in Colorado state out of respect for victims and their families.
Since: May 10
#92807 Jul 22, 2012
George Bush, Queen Elizabeth, and Vladimir Putin all die and go to hell. While there, they spota red phone and ask what the phone is for.
The devil tells them it is for calling back to Earth.
Putin asks to call Russia and talks for 5 minutes. When he is finished the devil informs him that the cost is a million dollars, so Putin writes him a check.
Next Queen Elizabeth calls England and talks for 30 minutes. When she is finished the devil informs her that the cost is 6 million dollars, so she writes him a check.
Finally George Bush gets his turn and talks for 4 hours. When he is finished the devil informs him that the cost is $5.00.
When Putin hears this he goes ballistic and asks the devil why Bush got to call the USA so cheaply.
The devil smiles and replies, "Since Obama took over , the country has gone to hell, so it's a local call."
Since: May 10
#92808 Jul 22, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Had a family emergency that I had to take care of. Is that okay with you if I could not balance the Topix forums and my family emergency at the same time?
I noticed that you seem to be here every day. Does that mean your family has disowned you?
As far as translations of the Bible, the original Bible was not written in any form of English. And the closest translations are the Catholic versions.
The original Aramaic and other forms of Aramaic with the New Testaments written in Greek and I don't think any of those original writing referred to God as a "she" but some LIBERAL interpretations do! It's funny how you Libtards like to read into things that are not there.
Chic, chic, chicken. Chic, chic, chicken!
#92809 Jul 22, 2012
Yes, he did. What about his dead wife, children, slave, animals? Did he get them back too?
#92810 Jul 22, 2012
You don't appear to realise that this is exactly what I said yesterday.
#92811 Jul 22, 2012
er, the killer was not a criminal. Totally clean record.
Add your comments below
|Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08)||3 min||woodtick57||1,172,649|
|More US special ops troops may be needed in Yemen||3 min||Barack the Yellow||24|
|At Koch summit, Rand Paul splits with Cruz, Rubio||4 min||mjjcpa||24|
|Actor Kevin Costner's centrifugal separators ma... (May '10)||5 min||Rose Henderson||6|
|Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle||5 min||Trolling Stone||2,314|
|Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13)||6 min||mjjcpa||12,447|
|Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08)||6 min||Ink||307,929|
|The President has failed us (Jun '12)||6 min||woodtick57||304,624|
|Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11)||7 min||dirtclod||141,940|
|McCain gives thumbs up to 'American Sniper' movie||19 min||Worried||24|
Find what you want!
Search US News Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC