Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law

Apr 24, 2010 Read more: www.sunnewspapers.net 193,320

Arodi Berrelleza isn't one of the targets of Arizona's new law cracking down on illegal immigration a ' he's a U.S. citizen, a high school student from Phoenix.

[A.P.] Phoenix April 24th 2010 sun news paper.net A legal 18 year old is in fear when he's with his friends.. Reported in the article His fear is racial profiling. Advocates plan on fighting the alleged anti civil rights abuse... Read more
pug

Justice, IL

#204800 Jun 18, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Those children that receive those benefits are U.S. citizens. They are all supposed to get them if it is required. So now you are against citizens receiving help from our Social Services.
&fe ature=related
Quirky 1

Denver, CO

#204802 Jun 18, 2012
Flaming Star wrote:
More homes evacuated in Colorado wildfire, Looting Reported.
DENVER (AP) Crews in northern Colorado faced powerful winds Sunday as they battled a blaze that has scorched 87 square miles of mountainous forest land and destroyed at least 181 homes, the most in state history. Meanwhile, local authorities are focusing on another concern looting.
The destructiveness of the High Park Fire burning 15 miles west of Fort Collins surpassed the Fourmile Canyon wildfire, which destroyed 169 homes west of Boulder in September 2010.
The firefighting force has steadily increased and by Sunday night officials said about 1,750 personnel were working on the fire, which was sparked by lightning and was 45 percent contained.
As firefighters try to get the upper hand on the blaze, which has burned large swaths of private and U.S. Forest Service land, local authorities have dispatched roving patrols to combat looting.
On Sunday, deputies arrested 30-year-old Michael Stillman Maher, of Denver, on charges including theft and impersonating a firefighter. The sheriff's department said Maher was driving through the fire zone with phony firefighter credentials and a stolen government license plate.
His truck was later seen near a bar in Laporte, and investigators say they found a firearm and stolen property in the vehicle.
"There's a handful out there that are taking advantage of others," said Sheriff Justin Smith, adding that "if somebody's sneaking around back there, we're going to find them."
http://news.yahoo.com/more-homes-evacuated-co...
Yep, It`s 100 degree`s where I`m at. Whew???

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#204803 Jun 18, 2012
pug wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong all, that is needed is an ITIN number assigned to you. The ITIN is the number used when you are not a citizen and do not have a Soc Sec Number.
So, a NON citizen can file income tax for wages received in the
U S A. The same NON citizen filer is claiming the "Addional Child tax Credit" the avg. they have received is a $10,000.000 USD REFUND from the IRS. Last tax year the IRS paid out (4) FOUR Billion Dollars in refunds to ITIN tax filers.
Pug you missed the point I was making. The child has to have a legal social security number for the parent to get the tax credit or any other substities for that child. The child can't just have an ITIN number ... at least that's my understanding. So no matter if the child is living in America or some other Country they would have to be American children to get the credit.
Hey there

Kansas City, MO

#204804 Jun 18, 2012
Quirky 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, It`s 100 degree`s where I`m at. Whew???
You should be at the CWS in my city. A license plate from AZ read Dry Heat! Here's food for thought: Obama Attorney Argue He's Not Dem Nonimee WNO 6/18/12.(Florida)
pug

Justice, IL

#204805 Jun 18, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Pug you missed the point I was making. The child has to have a legal social security number for the parent to get the tax credit or any other substities for that child. The child can't just have an ITIN number ... at least that's my understanding. So no matter if the child is living in America or some other Country they would have to be American children to get the credit.
No they do not that is the loophole.

http://www.infowars.com/millions-of-illegal-i...

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#204807 Jun 18, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be a bit wacked out there Walker. Hispanic has said he is Legal. He doesn't need to go anywhere that he doesn't choice to go. Not you or your minions can change that fact.
Oh gee whiz, he's illegal, and he knows that, and..........I mean, how do we know that he is legal?? How do we know, that, that is a fact??? Simply because he SAID, so? Well, we already know by now, that you surely can't depend on THAT!! I mean, let's get real here, Clyde, so who is the one that's 'wacked' out?? It could be you, because YOU actually believe him, and..........if you do believe him, then what that means is..........YOU, are one gullible individual.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#204808 Jun 18, 2012
courtney-ah yes HIDING BEHIND BABIES AND BEING PAID TO POPULATE "SANCTUARY STATES/CITIES! RUTHLESS EH? SADLY MOST OF THE PRO-ILLEGALS AND SYMPATHIZERS ARE BEING KICKED OUT OF THEIR STATES BY MEXICANS TO HIDE OUT IN ANY FREE SYMPATHETIC SUCKER STATES TO DUMP THEIR FEAR INFESTED,TRASH CAN OF A CRIME RIDDEN POLICE STATE ON SOMEOEN ELSE AND GIGGLE AT HOW EASY IT WAS TO GET AWAY WITH ROBBERY -WHEEEW GOT OUTTA MY STATE JUST IN TIME!! HEHEHEHEEEEE NOW ITS ANOTHTER STATE LOST TO THE "OOOPS I'M SORRY" ECHO AND THE SOUNDS OF SIRENS ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT-PICKING UP AFTER THEM AND PAYING THEIR BILLS IN THE "NAME OF HUMANITY"

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#204809 Jun 18, 2012
BEHOLD THE FLEEING BRAINWASHED MASSES OF THE SOUTHWEST RUNNING TO HIDE OUT IN FREE STATES AND MESS THEMSELVES AGAIN? PRETTY BAD WHEN YOUR MAIDS KICK YOU OUT OF YOUR OWN STATE?? WHITE PEOPLES SO NICE!! HEEEHEHEEEEE

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#204810 Jun 18, 2012
orkin33 wrote:
courtney-ah yes HIDING BEHIND BABIES AND BEING PAID TO POPULATE "SANCTUARY STATES/CITIES! RUTHLESS EH? SADLY MOST OF THE PRO-ILLEGALS AND SYMPATHIZERS ARE BEING KICKED OUT OF THEIR STATES BY MEXICANS TO HIDE OUT IN ANY FREE SYMPATHETIC SUCKER STATES TO DUMP THEIR FEAR INFESTED,TRASH CAN OF A CRIME RIDDEN POLICE STATE ON SOMEOEN ELSE AND GIGGLE AT HOW EASY IT WAS TO GET AWAY WITH ROBBERY -WHEEEW GOT OUTTA MY STATE JUST IN TIME!! HEHEHEHEEEEE NOW ITS ANOTHTER STATE LOST TO THE "OOOPS I'M SORRY" ECHO AND THE SOUNDS OF SIRENS ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT-PICKING UP AFTER THEM AND PAYING THEIR BILLS IN THE "NAME OF HUMANITY"
Stop yelling at me!!! lol

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#204811 Jun 18, 2012
Quirky 1 wrote:
Parties are worlds apart on how to fix economy
Millions of Americans are desperate for work, runaway government spending clouds the future and Democratic and Republican candidates are busy making one thing clear: They're light years apart on what to do about it.
They do agree that in this election, the economy is everything. President Barack Obama calls it "the defining issue of our time." But for voters wishing Washington would come together in a time of crisis, Obama, his Republican rival Mitt Romney and their congressional allies don't offer much hope
Instead, they've taken to describing the gulf on economic policy in galactic terms. Romney must be "on a different planet," an Obama adviser declares. The president is "living in an alternative universe," the Republican Party chief says.
On planet Republican: The economy is backsliding, and the president is to blame. His stimulus spending did more harm than good, and his big-government rules are strangling businesses. The answer is repealing health care, energy and financial regulations and cutting taxes. That should spark investment and create jobs. Tackling the deficit requires huge spending cuts, just not at the Pentagon. The unsustainable guarantee of Medicare and Medicaid must change.
In the Democratic universe: The economy's slowly improving, thanks to government spending that helped fend off a depression. Another dose of targeted spending will help. Republican policies in the Bush administration cutting taxes and eliminating rules brought on the financial crisis and budget deficits. The rich should help dig us out by paying higher taxes. The Pentagon's budget must be cut, but entitlement spending can be controlled without drastically altering the social safety net.
"These two positions are almost diametrically opposed to each other," said Sung Won Sohn, a California State University economics professor. "And there's no common ground it seems."
They can't both be right.
How do voters decide which economic world they're living in?
You could try asking an economist.
Republicans and Democrats alike offer up prominent names many still arguing the supply-siders versus Keynesian debates that heated up during the Reagan administration. Did President George W. Bush's tax cuts boost the economy or just pile up more debt? Was Obama's $831 billion stimulus worthwhile or wasted money?
"Our economy is too complex, too complicated. No one knows for sure what the right answer is," Sohn said. "Economists are the first ones to admit we've been wrong many, many times."
This time, the stakes are high.
Recovery from the financial meltdown and 2007-2009 recession has been slow. Not even half of the 8.8 million jobs that were lost have come back. States and cities are still laying off workers. Unemployment hovers at 8.2 percent. Even for those with jobs, wages and net worth haven't recovered. Europe's troubles pose new threats.
More problems are ahead: Annual deficits of more than a trillion dollars per year have piled up $15.7 trillion in national debt. The crush of baby boomer retirees over the next two decades threatens to ruin the nation's finances, unless politicians slow spending on Medicare and Social Security.
Read full story:
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-poli...
You posted something earlier, Q., about increased to Medicare premiums which showed a jump to double the deduction starting in 2014. Can you provide me with a link, please?

If accurate, that disturbs me a great deal. Of course I'll be impacted, but more importantly, you have to ask how any senior can set a budget and plan for their retirement years if the contribution to Medicare can double from year to year. I hope what you posted is inaccurate, but if not, it is certainly cause for concern.
Hispanic

Dallas, TX

#204813 Jun 18, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be a bit wacked out there Walker. Hispanic has said he is Legal. He doesn't need to go anywhere that he doesn't choice to go. Not you or your minions can change that fact.
Hi White American. How are you? Thanks for that btw. Dont mind shadow, hes a couple of cards short of a full deck. Hes not worth acknowledgement, but Ill be more than happy to explain it to you. My great-great paternal grandfather migrated from Mexico in the late 1800,s and purchased land in South Texas where he ranched animals. My gradfathers grandfather also migrated from Spain in 1892 and also settled in South Texas. He too purchased land. My father inherited hundreds of acres of mineral rights from him. We come from a long line of successful hispanics, I myself am an RN, as well as my uncle and aunt. I have a cousin who is a Physician Assistant. We have never depended on welfare for survival. The ideology of hard work was passed on from generation to generation. So, it makes me laugh when ignorant boors like pshyco-walker attempt to intimidate me. When they state "go back home", it gives me great pleasure to say, I am home. LoL! Anyway, thanks again.
Quirky 1

Denver, CO

#204815 Jun 18, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You posted something earlier, Q., about increased to Medicare premiums which showed a jump to double the deduction starting in 2014. Can you provide me with a link, please?
If accurate, that disturbs me a great deal. Of course I'll be impacted, but more importantly, you have to ask how any senior can set a budget and plan for their retirement years if the contribution to Medicare can double from year to year. I hope what you posted is inaccurate, but if not, it is certainly cause for concern.
I do not have a link. It was sent to me in an E-Mail.
Quirky 1

Denver, CO

#204816 Jun 18, 2012
Courtney Caverhall wrote:
Quirky Rocks!
I like that Sherif Joe
Yes he puts in his Twocentsworth. He He He!
Quirky 1

Denver, CO

#204817 Jun 18, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You posted something earlier, Q., about increased to Medicare premiums which showed a jump to double the deduction starting in 2014. Can you provide me with a link, please?
I found this though.

Try Page 14.

http://aging.senate.gov/crs/ss20.pdf
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#204819 Jun 18, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Those weren't my figures they were from the CATO Institute a Right Wing think tank.
"Right-wing organizations funded
People for the American Way estimates that the Scaife Foundations have channeled in excess of $340 million to right-wing groups over the last thirty years, more than any other individual.[citation needed]
Among the right-wing organizations substantially funded by Scaife are the Heritage Foundation, the American Enterprise Institute, Judicial Watch, and Cato Institute."
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...
You condemn the information that comes from those you align yourself with. Now how is it that you feel that is correct? Just because you didn't like what you read?
I don't trust the right or left when it comes to the cost of illegal aliens. They don't factor in a lot of the different costs of the illegals and their children (anchor or brought here). You have to count it all. More schools, teachers, free lunches, police, prisons, welfare for the anchor, lower wages, Americans on welfare or unemployment because the illegals have their job, higher auto insurance for the uninsured, more freeways, etc.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#204820 Jun 18, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay freebird, which is it?
First (when it was to the benefit of one of your friends) you come on here telling me that Mexican Pharmecuticals are perfectly safe and now this.
You can't have it both ways.
I never said that all drugs from Mexico were perfectly safe. The U.S. can't even make that claim. Quit trying to spin this around on me, just because you were wrong about what you said. I admit when I'm wrong about something. I'm not mad at you, just pointed out that it wasn't true. Heck, I bought a watermelon at the store the other day that was grown in Mexico.
:)
Quirky 1

Denver, CO

#204821 Jun 18, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
The Inherent Flaws in Medicare Premium Support
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2011/1...

Since: Feb 09

Downtown LA

#204822 Jun 18, 2012
Quirky 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Inherent Flaws in Medicare Premium Support
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2011/1...
Quirk dog how them old sagging b.a.l.l.s hanging you still lic.king them clean you crazy old hound dog lmao....
Courtney Cavehole

Anaheim, CA

#204823 Jun 18, 2012
Quirky 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he puts in his Twocentsgirth . He He He!
Good enough for your barbie dolls.

Since: Jan 11

Milton, MA

#204824 Jun 18, 2012
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't trust the right or left when it comes to the cost of illegal aliens. They don't factor in a lot of the different costs of the illegals and their children (anchor or brought here). You have to count it all. More schools, teachers, free lunches, police, prisons, welfare for the anchor, lower wages, Americans on welfare or unemployment because the illegals have their job, higher auto insurance for the uninsured, more freeways, etc.
You left out ESL classes, interpreters in courts & hospitals and the multitude of documents our government produces in languages other than English.

I agree with you about the integrity (or lack there of) of stats that come from either side. Let's be realistic, where are we getting our numbers from when it's a known issue that illegals en masse will not participate in the census?

It's near impossible to capture relevent, meaningful data when millions of people work in an underground economy and "live in the shadows".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Hillary Becoming A Joke? 4 min see the light 33
News What is Hillary Clinton thinking? 5 min Your Ex 64
News Clinton defends family foundation from charges ... 5 min GOP-Saboteurs 4
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min scirocco 1,217,574
News U.S. corporations pressure two states accused o... 10 min Brian_G 874
News Russia providing arms to Ukrainian separatists:... 12 min Zeppelin 1,039
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 14 min I Am No One_ 187
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 31 min RalphB 282
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 46 min Denisova 160,122
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Coffee Party 323,595