Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law

Apr 24, 2010 Full story: www.sunnewspapers.net 193,322

Arodi Berrelleza isn't one of the targets of Arizona's new law cracking down on illegal immigration a ' he's a U.S. citizen, a high school student from Phoenix.

[A.P.] Phoenix April 24th 2010 sun news paper.net A legal 18 year old is in fear when he's with his friends.. Reported in the article His fear is racial profiling. Advocates plan on fighting the alleged anti civil rights abuse... Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#204758 Jun 18, 2012
- Sparky - wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the posts by your friends. The posts that not only preced your post but the ones that followed your post.
I just do not think its worth the energy to get upset over the judge-its.
No, I did not. People can think whatever they want, I'm not bothered by it. They lose validity in their opinions which is insignificant to them.
"Read the posts by your friends. The posts that not only preced your post but the ones that followed your post."

That's not proof Sparky.

"I just do not think its worth the energy to get upset over the judge-its."

I think you're assuming that people are "upset" when they are really just stating the obvious about posters manipulating the judgits.

"No, I did not. People can think whatever they want, I'm not bothered by it. They lose validity in their opinions which is insignificant to them."

Yes, people can think whatever they want especially when it's so obvious.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#204759 Jun 18, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
I read every word of that press release and it didn't say one thing about these people not being able to buy homes.
Let me ask you a question...
Do you really think that after convincing a million or so young illegals to "come out of the shadows" and build their lives our government is going to turn around two years later and tell them they have to leave?
Sorry Eagle, these people are here to stay no matter who the next president is.
The majority of them will spend the rest of their lives here in America and they will eventually have some sort of permanent legal status.
I didn't say I liked it. I didn't say this was the way it should have been done, so don't even try to put words in my mouth.
I just think it's time we faced reality.
You are right it don't say they can't but I don't see a lender lending with only a 2 deferred card either.. I find this interesting..

"If I receive deferred action through this process, will I be able to travel outside the United States?
USCIS is exploring this issue and will resolve it in the coming weeks as part of its implementation plan."

"Do you really think that after convincing a million or so young illegals to "come out of the shadows" and build their lives our government is going to turn around two years later and tell them they have to leave?"

Yes.. It wouldn't be the first time a politician lied to someone during a election cycle.. Why have a age limit on it?? I mean if they are lets say 29 years old do they only get one year?? What will happen in those cases??

I am and and wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.. I see this all as smoke and mirrors again from the obama camp.. Nothing new there..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#204760 Jun 18, 2012
Richard Guerra wrote:
AND PEOPLE WANT TO BELIEVE THAT ROMNEY IS ANTI-ILLEGAL? This guy is flip flopping like a fish out of water.
Mitt Romney refuses to say he’ll overturn Obama order allowing some illegal immigrants to stay
BRUNSWICK, Ohio — Mitt Romney is refusing to say that he would overturn President Barack Obama’s new policy allowing some young illegal immigrants to stay in the United States.
The Republican presidential candidate was asked three times in an interview on CBS’”Face the Nation” whether he would overturn the executive order issued Friday if he’s elected in the fall. He refused to directly answer.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mitt-r...
I wouldn't answer either.. The press release is very vague and most will not qualify.. That EO is just keeps kicking the can down the road in my opinion..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#204761 Jun 18, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
"He said temporary."
And you were foolish enough to believe that?
Are you suggesting that these individuals will not be allowed to get married, have children, or own a place to live?
What's going to stop them if they have immunity from immigration prosecution?
What's going to stop them from starting a business if they can come up with the money?
Have you stopped to consider, some of them probably already own businesses. We are talking about people up to 30 years of age and small businesses owned by illegal aliens are not all that uncommon.
Think about it. One of these newly "immunized" illegal aliens can walk right up to you. Tell you to your face that they are in the country illegally and then tell you to get the fk off their property...and there isn't anything you can do about it.
These people are here to stay.
It's done.
Oh, and about Obama...I've never been a supporter. Never voted for him, but if I decide that's what's best for America, that's what I'll do.
You'll just have to learn live with that too.
:)
It don't say they can get a DL Jack.. I don't know about you but I can see someone having a hard time starting a business without one..

Eagle

Since: Jun 12

New York, NY

#204762 Jun 18, 2012
US Citizen wrote:
Hispanics and Blacks commit the majority of crime in the USA.
You are in grievous error, partner. The majority of crimes committed in this nation are committed by it's dwindling majority, white people. Because black men are three times more likely to be imprisoned than whites for identical crimes means we need to be addressing our broken justice system. Not explaining simple facts to a bunch of drooling bigots.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#204763 Jun 18, 2012

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#204764 Jun 18, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right it don't say they can't but I don't see a lender lending with only a 2 deferred card either.. I find this interesting..
"If I receive deferred action through this process, will I be able to travel outside the United States?
USCIS is exploring this issue and will resolve it in the coming weeks as part of its implementation plan."
"Do you really think that after convincing a million or so young illegals to "come out of the shadows" and build their lives our government is going to turn around two years later and tell them they have to leave?"
Yes.. It wouldn't be the first time a politician lied to someone during a election cycle.. Why have a age limit on it?? I mean if they are lets say 29 years old do they only get one year?? What will happen in those cases??
I am and and wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.. I see this all as smoke and mirrors again from the obama camp.. Nothing new there..
Eagle
Yep. That's the problem. It doesn't come with a clear set of rules and will leave everybody scuffling and scrambling around trying to figure out the legal issues surrounding the policy change. I don't like it at all that it's been done this way.

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

#204765 Jun 18, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. That's the problem. It doesn't come with a clear set of rules and will leave everybody scuffling and scrambling around trying to figure out the legal issues surrounding the policy change. I don't like it at all that it's been done this way.
Nor do I.(I know I'm buttin' in)
But it isn't as bad as it first seemed to me. There is still a chance to get something like your proposal into the hands and in front of the eyes of someone who can actually present it. Of course, getting it into their heads is another matter entirely!
I'm making phone calls and shooting off emails daily and am trying to encourage others around here to do the same. Your proposal still has legs, and strong ones. Neither side should be disappointed with it politically. Actually, even the Hispanic population should agree that it is the very best option so far. Keep plugging away.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#204766 Jun 18, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. That's the problem. It doesn't come with a clear set of rules and will leave everybody scuffling and scrambling around trying to figure out the legal issues surrounding the policy change. I don't like it at all that it's been done this way.
It seems more like bait to me for the next president Lady NTR.. If those young people come out of the shadows they open up the parents to deportation with a new president or politician..

Eagle
Romney 2012 n 2016

Omaha, NE

#204767 Jun 18, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems more like bait to me for the next president Lady NTR.. If those young people come out of the shadows they open up the parents to deportation with a new president or politician..
Eagle
As well as the Govt having a massive data base of who the illegals from 16-30 are!

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#204768 Jun 18, 2012
Romney 2012 n 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>As well as the Govt having a massive data base of who the illegals from 16-30 are!
The fools just don't see it LE.. Hope you and yours had a great Fathers day weekend.. I did.. ;-)

Eagle

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#204769 Jun 18, 2012
Romney 2012 n 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>As well as the Govt having a massive data base of who the illegals from 16-30 are!
See, now you're starting to think. Not only they know who they are but who their parents are. It's a step to at least knowing who we have in this country.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#204772 Jun 18, 2012
Quirky 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She advocates for Illegals because she was married to a Mexican, Lived in Mexico for a time. And self admitted back in Troll Rehab that she has Anchors in her family. She`s a Hypocrite.
Liar ..... Liar never happened is why you can't show proof of it.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#204773 Jun 18, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
See, now you're starting to think. Not only they know who they are but who their parents are. It's a step to at least knowing who we have in this country.
This is true and a step indeed, Agree...

“Peace”

Location hidden

#204774 Jun 18, 2012
Shadow Walker wrote:
So!! I mean, who cares, it's like who are illegals?
They certainly are not illegal Canadians, or from other countries, either. In some cases, perhaps, but in the whole.........No. So, Arizona, just WHO, are illegals? They are not the blacks, are they? No, I doubt that very much, so then, when you look at the illegal picture, it's WHO???? Why, it's mexicans, of course. So, racial profile!! It's illegal MEXICANS!!! Target THEM!!! IF, that is racial profiling..........then go for it!!!
I know I'm for it! But then, I am not politically correct, and I make no apology for it. If it offends some mexican, then that's life, just live with it, Pablo!!!
I say we profile Shadow Walkers.

"When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out. "

But you have spoken out. Round them up and get rid of them. So much for maintaining a free society.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#204775 Jun 18, 2012
Quirky 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose , Rico , Shayla , Mail, White American, Vorenus, and all the Minions flagged and reported her to death. And the Biased Mods banned her account. Even though she did not violate any Tos. She only stated her Opinion as many do.
It`s the same story as how Rico started attacking Gloria. They attack anyone who feels Illegals need to go and Americans should have first shot at our Jobs.
You can leave me out of that little list you just named. I didn't flag and report her at all. Most of the time I simply didn't read her posts.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#204776 Jun 18, 2012
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Myth number six: White American knows what she/he is talking about.
:)
Those weren't my figures they were from the CATO Institute a Right Wing think tank.

"Right-wing organizations funded

People for the American Way estimates that the Scaife Foundations have channeled in excess of $340 million to right-wing groups over the last thirty years, more than any other individual.[citation needed]

Among the right-wing organizations substantially funded by Scaife are the Heritage Foundation, the American Enterprise Institute, Judicial Watch, and Cato Institute."

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...

You condemn the information that comes from those you align yourself with. Now how is it that you feel that is correct? Just because you didn't like what you read?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#204778 Jun 18, 2012
Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you lost. Obama gave immunity to illegal aliens. Looks like the Messiah hit you right in the face with something that you don't like, and it's stuck in your craw!
Live with it BOY!!!
Oh, it won't get far hose nose, and it is really gonna hurt little boys like you, too. I can't wait to see your face as you make that trek back to your homeland, mexico. It will be good for you though, you may actually have to go to work..........lol, lol, lol, obammy is afraid, very, very afraid, now, for he knows his tenure in office is about to come to a bell ringing closure! Hang in there, pete..........he's on his way out, and it appears that you'll go right along with him. Oh happy days are here again. So, take that..........boy!!

“Peace”

Location hidden

#204779 Jun 18, 2012
pug wrote:
San Bernardino County spent $64 million providing welfare benefits to
U.S.-born children of illegal aliens.
According to county records, during a typical month, close to 15,000
offspring of illegal aliens received either welfare payments or food stamps
in 2009. Over 11,000 of those children received both forms of assistance
Just one county. Does not even count cost of public schools, housing, free breakfast and lunch programs, free medical care at the local E R, etc.
Do not forget the 10,000.00 USD additional child tax credits.
Those children that receive those benefits are U.S. citizens. They are all supposed to get them if it is required. So now you are against citizens receiving help from our Social Services.
Quirky 1

Denver, CO

#204780 Jun 18, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>You can leave me out of that little list you just named. I didn't flag and report her at all. Most of the time I simply didn't read her posts.
Lying Illegal loving Traitor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White House releases snapshot of plan to rate U... 5 min PU it stinks 2
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Dogen 132,523
Bill de Blasio does the unthinkable: he keeps h... 6 min Mayor Who 3
After being impeached in 1998, Clinton said he ... 7 min Le Jimbo 31
Obama: Keystone benefits for U.S. consumers, wo... 7 min kuda 14
Obama Says Sony - Made a Mistake' Pulling Film 9 min Pork Puller 3
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 10 min Le Jimbo 17
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 13 min sandy1 82
Stars and others react to 'Interview' cancellation 20 min RADIO 10
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 22 min scirocco 293,668