Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law

Apr 24, 2010 | Posted by: RadicalTim | Full story: www.sunnewspapers.net

Arodi Berrelleza isn't one of the targets of Arizona's new law cracking down on illegal immigration a ' he's a U.S. citizen, a high school student from Phoenix.

[A.P.] Phoenix April 24th 2010 sun news paper.net A legal 18 year old is in fear when he's with his friends.. Reported in the article His fear is racial profiling. Advocates plan on fighting the alleged anti civil rights abuse...

Comments (Page 9,514)

Showing posts 190,261 - 190,280 of193,486
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Extremism is no virtue”

Since: Mar 07

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

- Sparky - wrote:
continued from above post
" If Congress wanted to make decisions, they should be seated at the table with both sides discussing what they want to see happen."
Are you the school marm? You allow big businesses to distract you from the laws. What big businesses are doing is felonious and if pursued borders on treason. Why are so many Dems and Repubs fearful of making treasonous claims against those who are aiding and abetting with the illegal foreigner? If you and Twink (since you involved her in your plight) really hold our constitution dear in your heart as you claim, you would not be "bowing" down.
You silly girl. I am not here to promote anything. I come and voice my opinion. You don't like it? Okay, that is your right. Get over it and move on. There is nothing wrong with enforcing the laws. If you are here illegally, deportation needs to happen as it is written. I know, it is not in all cases. You are making it difficult as Congress is getting mixed messages. I want you to support rule of law, you want me to support compromise. That just is not going to happen. Apparently I hold our Constitution more dear and deeper than you do. I will not compromise the American Heritage for any foreigner legal or illegal. That is our job as an American if we are to be a sovereign nation. As it is, we really aren't. That much we agree on. Maybe?
You speak of Twink as if she is a member of Congress. She is not. I also do not believe she is the only American who has taken the time to write her Representatives either. I also do not believe she is the only American to have had some success with getting thru to their Representative. I also know, many Representatives agree with what Twink has to say before her ever saying it. Of course my opinion does not belong in yours or Twinks bubble. There isn't enough room in that bubble for anyone else's opinion. Unless of course they whole heartedly agree with you.
I do not agree with you or her as neither one of you really have presented anything worth agreeing with that I have not already made a determination on or not. Anyone can read an article, post the article with a link. It is another thing for one to read the opinions, thoughts or suggestions of others and present their own thoughts and suggestions. All you do is paraphrase and quote other people. When you do voice an independent thought, it is to tell everyone how great you are as you condescend those who have a different opinion from you. This post of your is a perfect example of many of your posts. Go pee on someone else's leg. I know its not raining.
" Yesterday's executive order is exactly what happens when people like you oppose any kind of compromise that CAN help American workers and taxpayers."
Yes, let's blame the citizens like me for the failure of Congress to do their job. It works so well doesn't it? Well for those who are screwing you, NOT me.
I do not care about foreign illegals and I will not pander to their supporters by defending them. But you do what you think works best for you. You got what you wanted with that executive order. It just did not come out as you planned. Blame Obama not me. He is the leader of our country not me. Just like the other libtards, you blame everyone else besides the guilty party.
You have opinions. You resent when somebody backs up their opinions with facts (the articles that annoy you). That's just too bad. Back up your own opinions. Every numbnut in the world has an opinion, but that doesn't mean they have a clue WTH they're even talking about - like this post of yours. Stop lying. Everybody here knows I wanted no such thing as an executive order creating a de facto Dream Act. I wanted the act in context with CIR. Blah, blah, blah. Lie, lie, lie.

BTW. I don't have a plight. You have an agenda, and I can't help you with it. Trot along and annoy somebody else.

“Spark The Fire Within”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
[EXCERPT:]Our representatives in government aren’t just elected — they’re funded. It takes a lot to get elected to Congress, but most of all it takes cash. Members of Congress often spend up to 70 percent of their time fundraising, a problem that only gets worse with time — since 1982, campaign spending has increased fivefold.(Continued:)
http://www.nationofchange.org/what-s-price-ge...
This is where we need to focus if we hope to make a change to a more representative government. It takes a grassroots effort to elect a candidate who isn't backed by loads of campaign money (read - already bought). It's a state by state process of working to send somebody who isn't already bought out to represent you in Congress.
Tis coming from you is rather comical.

You bash any grass roots movement who does exactly what you are suggesting. One group comes to mind is The Tea Party. A grass roots movement that you claimed you were behind in the begining but call them radicals now. Let me guess. Their views differ from yours.

Too funny.

“Spark The Fire Within”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your OPINON on what a "moderate" is. Now I know you're all buttsore over Obama granting immunity to illegal aliens and I do emphasize with you... I really do. Now as you can see, the earth is still here and it's business as usual.
Now get over it.
"buttsore"? Nah that is for the younger crowd mentality.

I do not deny being angered by it. I will not apologize it is over your head and level of comprehension.

Those who have children like yourself will need to "get over it" down the road when it has a real impact on your children and their future. The destruction will be fined tuned by then.

You are right, it is "business as usual". So what's your dog in the debate and discussion. To let those who read the www know you do not like the GOP and it is your belief they are "tightie righties" and "real jokes"? Do you really think anyone cares? Get a clue, many think the same about you?

“Spark The Fire Within”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Your no compromise strategy is an epic fail. Maybe if you sat your azz down with the opposition, you could have given them what they were going to get anyways but get something in return such as a change to the 14th amendment, better border security... you get the picture. However, you did none of that. You just run around pontificating your illogical "no compromise" ideology and forgetting that our founding fathers had people like you in mind.
Our Republic is not designed to run on a "no compromise" ideology. It's why the minority party in Congress can always filibuster the majority. So I have yo wonder where do you come up with this "no compromise" bullshit from?
First off, the no compromise is not my strategy. It is the law. A law you apparently do not like.
Secondly, I do not need to sit down with anyone or give anyone anything except my vote. They will get elected or not. As for illegal foreigners I owe them not a G.D. thing but a boot in the ass.

The 14th amendment does not need to be changed. However, they do need to clarify for those who abused it and allowed for it to be abused to specifically specify, no birth right citizenship to any child born to an illegal foreigner on U.S. soil.

Again, the "no compromise ideology" is not mine. You keep on swinging into the air though.

Our Republic is designed to live the American Dream in the pursuit of happiness. Not what Congress tells them what their happiness is. It is Congress's duty tro represent the Republic and what is in their best interest, not that of the illegal foreigner. It is not the POTUS's job to advocate and fight for the illegal foreigners by trying to convince the Republic they want to be Americans, they pledge allegiance to our flag when we all know the sob is lying thru his teeth. You are not angered by that?

When it comes to a sovereign nation there is no compromise with other countries or illegal foreigners unless you are a weak country. Are we a weak country? My opinion is we are headed in that direction as the libtards grow in numbers.

I have put my time into our country. I voice my opinion. I vote. You are the one with young children. It is your responsibility to secure their future. Not mine. Are you getting the picture yet?

Show me one compromise with illegal foreigners that was effective.
Show me one amnesty that did not create an influx of new illegal foreigners.

Until them, we will just have to remain on opposite sides of the fence.

American Heritage, don't tread on it and don't take it for granted. What you have today may be lost tomorrow.

"So I have to wonder where you come up with this" compromise "bullshit from". There can be no compromise if you want sovereignty.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

- Sparky - wrote:
<quoted text>
Those posts must have got lost in-between all the articles that are posted. Many people here, including yourself use articles to do your bidding. There was no "misunderstanding" in what I read and what simply was not there.
You and Twink treat yourselves as if you are a Senator or Representative sitting in the house of Congress. You are not. Both of you have put down most of the GOP while supporting the Democrats. You throw a bone by claiming neither is willing to compromise. You point out the discrepancy of GOP while high fiving the Dems. I do not need to be educated on Obama's failures and wrong doing. It was foreseeable prior to him being elected. He proved us critics to be right about him.
cont
"You and Twink treat yourselves as if you are a Senator or Representative sitting in the house of Congress. You are not."

I thought they were acting like American citizens who believe their government and it's policies should be subject to the will of the people.

Democracy is hard work.

BTW...this post was shorter than most so I read it. I've found that if you go more than a paragraph or two, I just don't care enough about what you have to say to be bothered with it.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that what you demand will require bipartisanship.
You mean like we did in 1986 under Reagan? Look where that got us.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
The famous "rule of law" outcry. Apparently you don't realize the amount of police presence that would be needed to enforce every law on the books. I guess, you want to add to the national debt even more? See Operation VVetback and why it was a temp fix but over all an epic fail.
Heck, if this Nation were to really become a rule of law Nation, you and I would probably be in jail for breaking some law we didn't even know existed.
You should have known and probably did know I was talking about immigration laws and about illegal aliens. Sheesh! LOL!!!

“Get over yourself...”

Since: Jan 08

You're not that important

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Nordic Princess wrote:
"Compromise" means making deals with brazen enemies of this country.
Why should America, the greatest technological superpower in the world be "compromising" with primitive and barbaric 3rd world republics?
We're winners!
Lets act like it!
Compromise means all parties involved give up a little for the better of all involved.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how authorities can accuse the father of anything. If the offender attacked his daughter he had to assure that his daughter was safe. If an offender is willing to attack another man's child in that man's own home then he's obviously dangerous and nothing can be left to chance, it's still two grown men at odds and one is defending his child. He can't take any chances with an offender there in the house along with his child. jmo
I agree, but I will add that if he was somewhere else besides his home and it was someone else defending the child, they still should not be brought up on charges. JMHO!!!

“Spark The Fire Within”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Compromise is what ended the American Revolution, Mexican-American war, Civil war, WW1, WW2... et al. You need to get an education.
ROLFLMFAO
No, compromise did not end those wars.

WW 1 Pres Wilson tried to end the war peacefully. Germany refused. We joined forces with France and Britain and kicked the Germans asses with the german commander resigning, his navy mutinied and an Armistice was signed. They had no other alternative. Just so you know, that is a known as a victory for the USA, Britain and the French and a defeat for the Germans. That is not a compromise.

WW 2 we did not engage until 1941 as a result of Japan attacking us at Pearl Harbor. This war ended by surrendering. Hitler also committed suicide. Surrender is not a compromise.

You are the one in need an education.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Compromise is what ended the American Revolution, Mexican-American war, Civil war, WW1, WW2... et al. You need to get an education.
ROLFLMFAO
There were no compromise in any of those wars until the enemy was defeated. Just Sayin!!!

Every war since then where there was a compromise/cease fire, etc., we lost.

“Spark The Fire Within”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
The famous "rule of law" outcry. Apparently you don't realize the amount of police presence that would be needed to enforce every law on the books. I guess, you want to add to the national debt even more? See Operation VVetback and why it was a temp fix but over all an epic fail.
Heck, if this Nation were to really become a rule of law Nation, you and I would probably be in jail for breaking some law we didn't even know existed.
You sure do like to talk alot a shit as if it were fact.

"Operation wetback" a temp fix, an "epic fail"?

You are an extremist who blows sense and sensibility over the top as if following laws is a bad thing or a conspiracy to a police state.

We have law and order to maintain a cilvilized society. Not everyone wants to follow those laws. They are dealt with or not. No reason to turn our back on our on expecting our borders to be secured. We need to be firing members of Congress who sit on those committees and are derelict in their duties. It can be an easy fix if there were not too many damn libtards to complicate things.

Operation wetback worked just fine until the liberals started getting the majority in the house. Ted Kennedy was the drunken leader of the pack.

“No more Obama!”

Since: Dec 10

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no compromise in any of those wars until the enemy was defeated. Just Sayin!!!
Every war since then where there was a compromise/cease fire, etc., we lost.
I agree, and it started with the Koren war. Politician that know nothing about fighting a war sticking their noses in and not letting the military fight the war to win. And now they've left our country open to this invasion from the south for over two decades now. It's a sad situation.

“From The Desert To The Sea”

Since: Sep 09

To All Across The Lands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Who knew?

source: Immigration lessons for the U.S. from around the world

Australia, which only 15 years ago had strong strains of nativism and xenophobia dominating its political culture, now has more than a quarter of its population as foreign born – double America’s share – and is thriving because of the economic growth and cultural diversity.
Quirky Uno

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Nordic Princess wrote:
<quoted text>
You're better than me Mickey! lol lol
Tell us something we don't know, Sordid Princess.

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubio was putting together a bill for the Senate to take up similar to what obama did.. The difference is it would have went through the proper channels.. No Jack obama just wanted the credit for something to pander for votes..
I just don't care for POTUS using a executive order on hot button issues.. In fact I don't care for when Romney talks of using it to repeal HCR either.. Especially when he knows the SCOTUS will likely strike down parts of the law.. There are proper channels to go through is all I am saying..
Eagle
I've been talking for a very long time about my concern that the "no compromise/my way or the highway" approach to illegal immigration had already failed and the administration would simply start enacting their own policies if we didn't get some serious leadership willing to sit down and work out a reasonable deal.

Well Eagle, this is it and to be honest "I told ya so" doesn't make me feel one bit better about the whole situation.

The fact that Rubio was already making some news for trying to put together something similar to what Obama has done makes it damn near impossible for any significant opposition to come from the republican side.

I haven't said whether or not I support the policy and I haven't said whether or not I thought it was done the right way.

I said that I wasn't surprised considering the recent policy changes the administration had announced and I said that I think we are going to have to live with Obama's new policies on immigration for a very long time whether we like it or not.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Angels Flight wrote:
Who knew?
source: Immigration lessons for the U.S. from around the world
Australia, which only 15 years ago had strong strains of nativism and xenophobia dominating its political culture, now has more than a quarter of its population as foreign born – double America’s share – and is thriving because of the economic growth and cultural diversity.
More fuzzy math, and they are talking about immigrants and not illegal aliens. We take in more immigrants than any country in the world.

How many immigrants went to China, Vietnam, Mexico, etc? Are you saying that China would be booming more than it is now if they weren't native and xenophobic? Maybe that's the problem with Mexico. ROTFLMAO!!!

“dystopian proles”

Since: Feb 09

ludovico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Nordic Princess wrote:
<quoted text>
Twink is NTRs designated trollop. Lately, she cannot agree fast enough with NTR.
If NTR is walking and stops abruptly for no reason, Twink will have a broke nose
Suffering jealousy in silence is sweet if everyone knows about it.

“From The Desert To The Sea”

Since: Sep 09

To All Across The Lands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
More fuzzy math, and they are talking about immigrants and not illegal aliens. We take in more immigrants than any country in the world.
How many immigrants went to China, Vietnam, Mexico, etc? Are you saying that China would be booming more than it is now if they weren't native and xenophobic? Maybe that's the problem with Mexico. ROTFLMAO!!!
How many? Are you saying that is what I am saying? Maybe "what" is the problem with Mexico?

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

freebird wrote:
This is what happens when you are so educated that you don't have any common sense. You are so shielded from reality, that you can question if the guy went too far.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/061...
Is Texas dad who killed man to protect his 5-year-old daughter a criminal?
A Texas grand jury must decide whether to charge a father who killed a man after finding the man molesting his 5-year-old daughter. Does deadly force extend to a father protecting his daughter?
In Shiner, Texas, there’s little doubt among residents that a 23-year-old man who reportedly killed a man he found molesting his 5-year-old daughter in a horse barn should be hailed as a hero, not denounced as a criminal.
Yet some legal experts question why the father hasn’t yet been arrested and charged with murder, saying vigilante justice, no matter how the circumstances come about, can’t be tolerated in a civil society.
A Texas grand jury will have to deal with those questions next week as it takes a deeper look at the circumstances of the killing, and whether the father was justified in hitting the man so hard with his fists that he died.
Yet some legal experts question why the father hasn’t yet been arrested and charged with murder, saying vigilante justice, no matter how the circumstances come about, can’t be tolerated in a civil society.
A Texas grand jury will have to deal with those questions next week as it takes a deeper look at the circumstances of the killing, and whether the father was justified in hitting the man so hard with his fists that he died.
"...A Texas grand jury will have to deal with those questions next week as it takes a deeper look at the circumstances of the killing..."

We were talking about this here at home earlier today and if the accounts of the story are true then the dad didn't do anything wrong.

I'm assuming that's what the grand jury is all about.

Right now we have the dad and the child as witnesses. The other man is dead.

With the loss of a life they should probably look over the details just to make sure it happened the way we've been told and then (hopefully) they will tell the dad he is free to go on with his life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 190,261 - 190,280 of193,486
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••